PDA

View Full Version : Nikto Jedi?

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Does anybody know what that Nikto style Jedi will be called because I'm fed up of people calling him Nikto, even Hasbro have got him listed as Nikto (Jedi Master), and is that the name of the species or is it the one on the Sail Barges actual name?

Rollo Tomassi
03-03-2002, 10:05 AM
There are two types of Nikto (much to jargo and other chagrine)

Kadas'sa'Nikto
and
Kajain'sa'Nikto.

Guys like Klaatu and Wooof are one kind and the brownish red one that the toy is called Nikto is the other. The toy version is actually a Nikto named Vizam.

Then there are Klatoonians like Barada and Kithaba.

And of course Weequay, but apparently none of them have names.

As for the Nikto Jedi, well JarJarBinks insists they will name him eventually. Somebody (SithDroid?) couldn't wait and "officially" dubbed him Jabbas Croanie.

Jargo
03-03-2002, 10:11 AM
*[I hate crossed posts. I was typing as Rollo was posting apparently :rolleyes:]*

There's a thread further down here or in the AOTC toys section that deals with this. basically the species is called Nikto and there are various sub species within the star wars galaxy. The character we call Klaatu is a green Nikto and the one that this Jedi is has a different designation. mountain Nikto or desert nikto or something.

They won't have a name for him until the books start coming out. And at the end of the day he's only a background Jedi. it's all irrelevent anyway as most characters are never referred to by name in the movies. Only the main characters so we don't forget who they are. they get called by name all the time and it's in your face THIS IS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AS A BOY!!!!!!!!!! but as the nikto jedi will only be onscreen for a fart of a second he won't be called by name. He's obviously not an important character, just an interesting looking one that the figure designers took a shine to. Or is he important...... he features in the making of documentary and they don't usually have stuff in those unless it's significant somehow. Or maybe they threw out a red herring to get us all talking and distract us from something else. something -elusive........ :evil:

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 10:19 AM
I think he makes a great figure though!

Lord Tenebrous
03-03-2002, 11:27 AM
There are some Jedi names not yet associated with characters. Two possible names for the Nikto are "Sarr Labooda" and "Stass Allie". "Alta Ranga" is CG, and we know the Nikto is a costume, so that one's out.

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 11:29 AM
How do you know all that?

Lord Tenebrous
03-03-2002, 12:30 PM
How do you know all that?

About 12 months worth of information compilation. Thank goodness for CD-RW. :)

Jargo
03-03-2002, 12:51 PM
y'know - when all these rumours and spoilers first started hitting the net I was pretty adamant that they were fake. Too many hokey sounding names and situations for it to be a real star wars fact or whatever. I posted a list way back in this section of all the names I'd been able to find up to that point, maybe I should dif it out and have a laugh as we realise how many were accurate. But honestly, I think the use of so many hokey second rate sci-fi pulp fiction names is diabolicaly bad form. The names in star wars have always been a little bit hokey but this is like wholesale can't be arsed attitude. Alta ranga? Stass Allie? Ister paddie? Bultar Swan? Please!!!!??? :rolleyes: still, at least half of them won't be named in the movie so I can pretend they're nameless.

Lord Tenebrous
03-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Meanwhile, Jargo tinkers with his BoShek and Amanaman figures.... :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Jargo is so right he is almost wrong:
Count Dooku, I mean Dooku he's meant to be evil for god's sake Dooku it sounds like a fizzy drink, Count Dooku- The Party In A Can
Elan Sleazebagganno- Very inventative
Poggle The Lesser- Pathetic
Darth Tyrannus- I think they just gave up at that point and let a child decide on a name
Ruwi
Sola
Pooja
Jobal(Not SO bad)
Ryoo(The Nabberries)
Dexter Jettster- Hu Hu that rhymes!
Hermione Bagwa- What the?

Beast
03-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Well, it's not like Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, etc are names worthy of shakespere. All the names are supposed to be 50's serial quality. And what is so wrong with Count Dooku and Darth Tyranus? I mean geez people, what do you expect? American names for charecters in a space opera? More proof that Star Wars fans love having somthing to complain about. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 09:12 AM
I agree jar jar. For as much as I might or might not loathe a name like Dexter Jettster, Jedi's named Doug and Timmy would make me wretch.

Evil Count Ned Dookuman

Jedi Knight Barry Smith

Senator Howie Freidberg.

nope, definitely give me goofy sounding 'outer space names"

Beast
03-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I agree jar jar. For as much as I might or might not loathe a name like Dexter Jettster, Jedi's named Doug and Timmy would make me wretch.
Evil Count Ned Dookuman
Jedi Knight Barry Smith
Senator Howie Freidberg.
nope, definitely give me goofy sounding 'outer space names"
ROFL, that's just hilarious Rollo. :D Yeah, as odd as some of the Star Wars names can get, the movies just wouldn't be the same with names like that. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
03-04-2002, 01:30 PM
To add to this point Rollo and JarJar, isnt part of the beauty of Star Wars the fact that a countless number of species and races inhabit the galaxy? The fact that no matter how weird you look or how strange your name is, you are part of the order of the galaxy?
For anyone who doesnt understand this, I suggest you go back and watch the cantina scene in ANH.
Look at all the interesting (dare I say strange) characters in that scene. Notice how the diversity is so prevelant.
I for one like the fact that the characters have unique names, and are unique species. It goes to show how truly special Star Wars and its characters are.