PDA

View Full Version : Aks Moe

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Who is Aks Moe, I have seen his name on the Episode I cast list but I can't think who he is.

JediTricks
03-03-2002, 09:46 PM
I believe he's the Rodian or Gran senator.

Beast
03-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Aks Moe: A Gran Senator from Malastare, he was the first one to object to Queen Amidala's statements concerning the Trade Federation's invasion of the planet of Naboo. Here is his picture from the Star Wars: Young Jedi CCG Card Game

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Aks Moe CCG Card:

JEDIpartner
03-04-2002, 09:57 AM
He is the Gran senator from Malastare. He is flanked by Cur Li and Laerey, two other delegates.

I just made that up...

But JJB is correct.

Beast
03-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
He is the Gran senator from Malastare. He is flanked by Cur Li and Laerey, two other delegates. I just made that up... But JJB is correct.
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk. Actually knowing Lucasfilm, I wouldn't be suprised. After all we already have the 3 Stooges Pit droids on the DVD. I sense the hand of Rick McCallum. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
03-04-2002, 05:24 PM
Thanks!

DarthSeattle
03-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Ree-Yees hands from ROTJ (big and bulky) are quite different from other Gran's hands in TPM (smaller)? I really don't like this species. I believe they show up too much in TPM (in the senate and on Tatooine).

Beast
03-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by DarthSeattle
Has anyone else noticed that Ree-Yees hands from ROTJ (big and bulky) are quite different from other Gran's hands in TPM (smaller)? I really don't like this species. I believe they show up too much in TPM (in the senate and on Tatooine).
Yeah there is a difference in the hand sizes between the two trilogies, but it's nothing to big of a deal. After all, not everyone has the same size hands. :)

And what is it you don't like about the species, they don't appear in any greater number then any other alien. Infact there is only one in ROTJ, and a few in E1. Rodians and Twi'leks appear in much larger numbers in the movies. That's kinda like saying that humans show up way to much in the trilogy. Which they do. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSeattle
03-19-2002, 07:51 PM
JJB,

You make a good point about Rodian and Twi'leks. I just don't like the way Grans look with their three eyes and all. Now that you mentioned Twi'leks, Bib Fortuna is the best looking one. Is that fat, blue senator supposed to be a Twi'lek? The rest of the Twi'leks I've seen have been women who serve no other purpose than to be sexpots. Where is that bumpy head that Bib has? Only males have them?

Beast
03-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Is that fat, blue senator supposed to be a Twi'lek? The rest of the Twi'leks I've seen have been women who serve no other purpose than to be sexpots. Where is that bumpy head that Bib has? Only males have them?
Orn Fre Taa is indeed a Twi'lek. Unlike the Twi'leks we have seen so far, he apperantly richly enjoys the oppulant lifestyle of being a rich senator. Plus he's spent way to much time at those 99 cent all you can eat coruscant buffets. :D Bib seems to be pretty thin and gaunt, which is why you can see the shape of his skull. Where as Orn Fre Taa is nice and fat, hiding the shape of his skull.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 10:20 AM
JJB,

Nice try, but I don't buy it. He just looks too different. Same complaint I have about Boss Nass. He's not just fatter, he is different: his eyes aren't on stalks like other decent Gungans. I've hear it explained that he's from some other part of Naboo or something like that.

Anyhow, I don't like the way Orn Fre Taa looks. His head tails don't look right. Even if they are "fat", they look more like elephant ears. Except for the fact that he doesn't have a trunk, he looks more like Max Rebo (including color), than he does Bib Fortuna.

Pendo
03-20-2002, 11:03 AM
JJB,

Nice try, but I don't buy it. He just looks too different. Same complaint I have about Boss Nass. He's not just fatter, he is different: his eyes aren't on stalks like other decent Gungans. I've hear it explained that he's from some other part of Naboo or something like that.

Anyhow, I don't like the way Orn Fre Taa looks. His head tails don't look right. Even if they are "fat", they look more like elephant ears. Except for the fact that he doesn't have a trunk, he looks more like Max Rebo (including color), than he does Bib Fortuna.

Boss Nass is a gungan, only a different type of Gungan. This could be describe the same for Lions and Tigers. They both look different, but both are cats! Just because two things are the same species doesn't mean they have to look the same, every human looks different.

PENDO!

Beast
03-20-2002, 01:26 PM
JJB, Nice try, but I don't buy it. He just looks too different. Same complaint I have about Boss Nass. He's not just fatter, he is different: his eyes aren't on stalks like other decent Gungans. I've hear it explained that he's from some other part of Naboo or something like that.

Like Pendo said Boss Nass is a Gungan, just a different and older species. Not all humans look alike, why would you think that aliens should look exactly alike? Here is a section from the official Star Wars website on gungans.

There are at least two distinct Gungan races. The Otolla Gungan is characterized by a tall and lanky build, long ears (or haillu), inquisitive eyes atop short stalks, and a pronounced bill. The Ankura Gungan is an older race, with a stockier build, shorter bill and haillu, and hooded eyes. Gungans are hatched from eggs in water cradles, and are born as tadpoles. They quickly grow limbs and are able to walk on land within a standard month of hatching.

As for Orn Fre Taa, the official site says that he also is of a slightly differnt decent then Bib and the other Twi'lek species we have seen in the movie. He two aids next to him in the DVD of E1 share the same blue color skin as well, suggesting they are of the same decent as Orn Fre Taa as well.

Coming from the poor Outer Rim world of Ryloth, Orn Free Taa used his position of influence to satisfy his every whim while on Coruscant. The former tax collector became quite decadent, flaunting his wealth with gaudy robes and beautiful Twi'lek consorts, and living in a lavish penthouse. He is a Twi'lek of Rutian descent, with blue-tinted skin and enormous head-tails which store his excess fat.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Gungans are born as tadpoles ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I always figured that since Boss Nass was so fat, his eye stalks never showed distinctly. Wow, it's been three years already and I never knew of the two Gungan races.

:)

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for setting me straight. I never meant to suggest that all species should look identical. Certainly, I know that not all humans look the same (a good thing!).

However, JJB, as you suggest, the reason I expect aliens to look the same is because usually they do. You've seen one male Rodian, you've seen them all. Same for Gamoreans or Wee-Quays, or Gungans. Haven't we seen the same mass-produced mask or CGI alien before?