PDA

View Full Version : WATCH Star Wars DROIDS in full Online! (here's the link to get you started!)

Tycho
11-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Be a TRUE Star Wars fan and rock out to These exciting Droids animated shows! (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsu0h_droids-01-the-white-witch_shortfilms)

I grew up with these that begin with this episode, "The White Witch," originally airing in 1985!

The EU has apparently explained that Captain Raymus Antilles lost R2 and C-3PO for a while, between ROTS and ANH, but they made their way back to the Tantive IV and served his son, Captain Colton Antilles (named for the Tantive's pilot, Colton, played by Jeremy Bulloch in ROTS).

In "The White Witch," C-3PO explains that the Droids were lost to a smuggler in a gambling debt, and then the smuggler's ship was raided and destroyed (by the Empire looking for Rebel contraband?).

The EU could further expand on this, if they decided to do a post-ROTS TV show.

Meanwhile, enjoy the cartoon. THIS IS A GEM!

bigbarada
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I really wish they would release this entire series along with both seasons of Ewoks on DVD (or Blu-Ray). Or at least put them on iTunes for download.

El Chuxter
11-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Eees that... weegal?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Everything's legal these days. :stuntedslime:

Jayspawn
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
They need to have the Boba Fett episode posted. I've still not seen that one!

Tycho
12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Boba Fett in Droids and The Holiday Special are both on YouTube - and might be in this collection as well.

Sise and Tigg Fromm hire Fett in one of the last episodes of this 4 episode story arc (concerning the D & J Speeder Racing Team).

I believe that the Fromms are trying to rise up in what would later be officially named Black Sun. Eventually, Fett decides to collect on the bounty placed on the Fromms by Jabba The Hutt, I believe.

I have yet to watch them all, still.

For whatever reason, YouTube does not have the first episode (White Witch - the name of their speeder). But the rest of the episodes are there (starting with Season 1, Episode 2). There only is 1 season and 13 episodes, with an additional "special" cartoon in 2 parts, called The Great Heep, which follows them.

You have to watch what you click on, because "Droids - Episode One" now often enough turns up clips from the prequel movies.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
The EU has apparently explained that Captain Raymus Antilles lost R2 and C-3PO for a while, between ROTS and ANH, but they made their way back to the Tantive IV and served his son, Captain Colton Antilles (named for the Tantive's pilot, Colton, played by Jeremy Bulloch in ROTS).
Actually, the Captain Antilles in ROTS is the same as in ANH, and they're both Raymus.

Blue2th
12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I've watched quite a few of these on Youtube, but the chronology was all discombobulated of course.

I remember seeing a vehicle in one episode that looked very much like Grievous' Wheelbike, and another episode where Droids go to get serviced and cleaned up much like a recent episode of CW.

These are highly entertaining for a veteran of many 2D cartoons like me. I'll check out the link though. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
12-20-2010, 07:08 PM
I remember seeing a vehicle in one episode that looked very much like Grievous' Wheelbike,

That was Jann Tosh's wheelbike from the episode The Lost Prince.

Tycho
12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Blue2th, there are links to some of the Droids on YouTube and some on another site. It's possible to figure out how to watch them all in order.

The first one is the hardest to choose. But it's when Thall and Jord first meet R2 and C-3PO. There are only 13 episodes in total, plus that Great Heep episode that takes place afterward.

Blue2th
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM
That was Jann Tosh's wheelbike from the episode The Lost Prince.
I'll bet that's where they got the idea huh?

Blue2th, there are links to some of the Droids on YouTube and some on another site. It's possible to figure out how to watch them all in order.

The first one is the hardest to choose. But it's when Thall and Jord first meet R2 and C-3PO. There are only 13 episodes in total, plus that Great Heep episode that takes place afterward.

Yeah just takes some digging. I think I've seen "The White Witch" once like a few years ago then maybe 4 or 5 episodes, but I need to watch them again cause they're fun. Wish there was better resolution. They need to release the whole series on DVD.

I love that half Mohawk hair on Thall is it? and the cool old analog synthesiser soundtrack as well as the theme song.

Tycho
12-21-2010, 08:45 PM
A guy from The Police recorded the original theme song. (Not Sting, but one of the other 2)