PDA

View Full Version : Which Shipping Company is Kindest to Your Packages?

sergiurusu
12-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Which Shipping Company is Kindest to Your Packages? (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/which-shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages)

How to Guarantee Your Package's Safe Transit (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/package-tips-for-shipping-companies?src=rss)

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
That obviously doesn't apply to you, since you have to suffer through European shipping that has been so cruel in the past.

I read the article the other day, and found it to be a little light in the details. FedEx Ground, Home, and Air are different services. I already knew USPS used Fed Ex for express mail. And ultimately, the article results were roughly the opposite of how I've gotten damaged products - worst is UPS, then USPS, and easiest has been FedEx.

sergiurusu
12-02-2010, 04:50 AM
That obviously doesn't apply to you, since you have to suffer through European shipping that has been so cruel in the past.

I read the article the other day, and found it to be a little light in the details. FedEx Ground, Home, and Air are different services. I already knew USPS used Fed Ex for express mail. And ultimately, the article results were roughly the opposite of how I've gotten damaged products - worst is UPS, then USPS, and easiest has been FedEx.

Unfortunately it does. I had no problems with packages in Europe.

I only had big problems with the Sideshow Co. packages shipped through FedEx, because the customs in this case is 500 km from my city, and they open up packages at the FedEx customs office, and not in front of the customer (like in USPS case for example). But I never had any problems with USPS, though I always choose Priority Mail and EMS (Express Mail).

Still there are a few youtube vids showing employees from these carriers taking "good" care of the packages they have to deliver...

JediTricks
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I see. That sucks.

I'll never forget my "best" mail experience: http://jtreviews.com/usps/

Snowtrooper
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
I've ordered a fair amount of SW items over the years, and I've never had any reason to complain about the job the shipping companies have done. There may have been a time or two where the corner of the box was mashed in or the lid was a bit warped, but that was the worst. I've had more of a problem with the items getting packaged than with the delivery, and even that hasn't been really bad.

JediTricks
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
UPS has been moderately rough with about 60% of my Sideshow orders. The long edges nearly always come smashed in, I was so glad when Sideshow started using those big styrofoam caps to space the box, but then the empty space got even MORE beaten down by UPS.

Darth Metalmute
12-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I always have problems with UPS. I have gotten replacement boxes sent on my sideshow items 10 times. I always forget to switch to Fed Ex when ordering so I guess it's my fault. The delivery driver for UPS is great though, always willing to go the extra mile.

Fed Ex is probably the best, although if you miss a delivery, it's nearly impossible to schedule another one. And the pick up station is a half an hour drive away. Fed Ex is the only company that has lost one of my packages, which I find odd. It was scanned onto a truck, and never scanned off.

As far as USPS is concerned, I have more of a problem with how people pack my items than with the service itself. I have received packages that are overpacked, and packages that are under protected. Both typically are damaged.

InsaneJediGirl
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
FedEx has been the best for me and the driver seems to know everyone in the area and stops to say hello on his route. Never had a problem with them, USPS would come in at a close second. I only had one damaged package.

JEDIpartner
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Our FedEx guy has never launched a single delivery at my crotch. The UPS guy on the other hand... can't say he's been as kind.

:D

El Chuxter
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
We got a package the other day via UPS. The delivery guy had treated it to a nice steak dinner by candlelight, then a romantic weekend in the Hamptons. I'd say UPS is kindest to our packages.