PDA

View Full Version : School

sith_killer_99
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, my classes start today, so I will be pretty busy over the next 2 months while I finish the FIVE, yes FIVE classes I signed up for this term.

Well, four are online classes (self-paced) the last one is a micro term 3 weeks long.

I am taking:

American History II
U.S. Government II
Introduction to Computing
Contemporary Math

and

Interpersonal Communications

I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.:twisted:

InsaneJediGirl
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Good luck. I'm lucky enough to do a distance education program where I have two semesters to finish my classes. Thought I was going to finish in one, but no such luck. I'd rather take longer and get better grades to be honest though.

In January I'll be taking :

Nonprofit Organizational Management
Classical Mythology
Sociology
Social Inequality

I'm trying to get all these stupid requirements out of the way before I get into my sciences. Why do I need nonprofit management? I'll never know.

Rocketboy
12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Contemporary Math
I had a Contemporary Math class once.
It was easily the worst class I've ever had. There was little (almost no) math involved. It was all problem solving (not story problems).
And I failed with 58%. I was so close. The teacher knew I was trying really hard and it wouldn't have killed her to let me slide and knock it up 2% just to get past it.

El Chuxter
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
If you'd put out, you would've gotten the passing grade. That's how I passed Spanish, and I still don't know how to say "I am the lemon merchant" in Spanish.

bigbarada
12-14-2010, 09:14 AM
So what's "Contemporary Math" anyways? As far as I know, 2 + 2 has always equaled 5, has that changed recently and someone just forgot to tell me?

TeeEye7
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm in day two of Death Investigation class. The subject matter is still the same...just case law has changed.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
If you'd put out, you would've gotten the passing grade. That's how I passed Spanish, and I still don't know how to say "I am the lemon merchant" in Spanish.En ingles es, "Soy el venador de limon."

Two classes of final exams over and done (but nowhere near graded yet), with three more to go this short week. But since I'm running (not taking) these classes, perhaps I am ineligible to post here in this'n thread.

JimJamBonds
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Sounds good ISJ except for the math.

Rogue II
12-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Just finished my 1st semester under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. I'm still working 30 hours a week, but going to school full time to finish my Civil Engineering degree. I took 5 classes (14 hours) and it looks like I'm getting all "A"s. Next semester I'm taking 12 hours: Calculus 3, Physics 2, Statics, and Civil Engineering Management. The last time I took Calc & Physics was 1998, so I'm a little worried. Four people I know assured me Calc 3 is easier than Calc 2.

LusiferSam
12-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Four people I know assured me Calc 3 is easier than Calc 2.

I think it really depends on your teacher. A bad teacher can make an easy class hellacious. If I remember Calc 3 should cover multidimensional derivatives and integrals, calculus in non-Cartesian coordinate systems, and vector calculus.

I was just think it's been 5 years since I had my last class, General Relativity I. In some ways I really miss have class. There's real structure it provides to life. But I gotten to the point where tests are just way to stressful for me. I had some problems with test anxiety as an undergrad (it's related to my dyslexia). They didn't get bad until after my comprehensive exam for grad school. Fortunately that was near the end of my course work.

JediTricks
12-15-2010, 04:34 AM
If '80s movies have taught us anything, it's that the proper response to this is...
NERRRRRRRRRDS!!!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3njjD41f48)

Have fun at your nerd school, nerd!

;)