PDA

View Full Version : Best Gift/Worst Gift

Qui-Long Gone
12-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Happy Holidays forumites!

What was your best XMas gift? What was your worst?

Best: Terror Drome, I couldn't believe my parents got it! It was huge! :thumbsup:

Worst: My Buddy doll, I was 12 and it clearly stated on the box for ages 3-8...what was my Nana thinking?! Did I mention I was 12? :(

El Chuxter
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Best: Optimus Prime. I've gotten some cool presents, but very little compares to the awesomeness of that one to a 9-year-old in a world where Transformers were insanely tough to find.

Worst: Tickets to see New Kids on the Block. To a metalhead in high school. Did I mention I got to go (and by "got to" mean was forced after a heated argument) with my little brother, my mom, one of her co-workers, and her co-worker's 10-year-old daughter who apparently had a crush on me? Thankfully no one I knew would dare be within miles of that concert, so I was bored for a few hours without anyone knowing of my shame.

InsaneJediGirl
12-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Best :Lego Pirates Barracuda ship. That thing was sweet!I kept it assembled and played for years on end. Second : A Jurassic Park T-Rex, not the junior one, but the big one that could fit Dr. Gant into its mouth.

Worst : A little car playmat set. I was 12 or 13.....I had to act grateful since it was from my Great Aunt and Uncle (amazing people, bad gift).

Darth Metalmute
12-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Both best and worst gifts are kind of hard for me because my mother gives plenty of both. Here goes.

Worst:Has to be a four player chess game I got several years ago. It wasn't really for the fact that it was a bad gift, but the fact that I only know three other people that enjoy chess, and she got the game for two of them as well.

Best:My XBox 360. Considering I use it as a DVD player, Netflix host, and gaming system, it is probably my most useful present ever.

morpheus282
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Best: Optimus Prime. I've gotten some cool presents, but very little compares to the awesomeness of that one to a 9-year-old in a world where Transformers were insanely tough to find.

Aren't Transformers supposed to be tough to find? After all, if they weren't they wouldn't need to transform... :D

Qui-Long Gone
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I know what my kids Best will be tomorrow morning!

AT AT for the boy

3'-0" Barbie House for the girl (took forever to put together last night)

morpheus282
12-24-2010, 10:45 PM
My worst had to be a bicycle. My father gave it to me for my 27th Christmas two days after a drunk tried to park his Monte Carlo on my lap, thereby totalling my car. I quote - "After what happened I figured you could use this to get to work tomorrow."

My best gift came four days late for Christmas last year - my son. :D

Qui-Long Gone
12-25-2010, 02:11 AM
My best gift came four days late for Christmas last year - my son. :D

Epic Christmas gift.