PDA

View Full Version : TRU Star Wars Battle Over Endor Pilot Box Set

bkusna
12-24-2010, 09:45 PM
ready for pre-order.....ships out 2/11.....
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10860179&cp=2255956.3209580.2274249

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10860178

El Chuxter
12-24-2010, 09:48 PM
$25 for four figures ain't too bad. I definitely have to get at least one set for Grizz Frix.

bkusna
12-25-2010, 01:20 AM
***UPDATE*** Buy 2 get one FREE!!!!!!!

Snowtrooper
12-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Just took advantage of that!!! Thanks for the tip.

TheDarthVader
12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Preordered. ROTJ pilots are one of my favorite types of figure...along with droids of course. Thanks!

Brian

Phantom-like Menace
12-27-2010, 12:39 AM
I want to make sure I get these, but I really don't want to have to deal with maybe they'll come when/how they're supposed to, maybe they won't preorders. TRU is usually pretty good with their exclusives as far as I'm concerned, but I don't want this to be another TRU EU wave situation where they miss my area completely.

dr_evazan22
12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the info. With the 'buy2 get 1 free' I ordered 2 of set 2, with the X-wing pilot, to help add more diversity to a pilot collection.
I wasn't looking to closely, but it looked like they also offered a "pick it up in store" option, like you see with Best Buy and others.

Maradona
12-28-2010, 02:27 AM
bkusna strikes again! Thanks for the tip.

JediTricks
12-31-2010, 06:22 PM
PREORDERS SOLD OUT it now says in their titles. At least TRU is letting you know up front, but what the hell is wrong with them? If these are selling out in preorder, ORDER MORE! That's what I don't like about the current system where retailers place an order for an exclusive and then don't come back if it shows signs that it has legs. They just set aside a very small amount for internet, toss the rest on the pegs, and wash their hands of the whole thing afterwards. Some things don't go out of style though. It's not like Target only orders 1 case of Hanes socks and calls it quits, "nobody's ever gonna need socks after this!"

TheDarthVader
01-01-2011, 05:14 PM
WOW! I am glad I put my preorder in! I do not have a toys r us in my area. You know what will happen now that these sold fast? When and if they come back online they will probably raise the price to $29.99.

nohagent
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Is this really something we have not gotten yet? Figs all seem so familiar. If I am wrong then please educate me.

DarkJedi5
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Is this really something we have not gotten yet? Figs all seem so familiar. If I am wrong then please educate me.

Yes and no. The TIE pilots in the two sets seem to be the exact same (though they've been given different names, probably to help them sell) and they seem to be the same ones we saw in the Clone/Imperial Pilots Evo set; the B-wing, X-wing, and A-wing pilots are all the same but with new headsculpts; the droids are new repaints; and the Y-wing pilot is supposed to be all new but he's just a repaint of the B-wing pilot with a new headscultp. So, really only the heads and paint are new, but they all represent new Rebel pilots we have not yet seen yet and the Imperial pilots seem to be straight repacks.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I had forgotten about these. I see both sets have sold out. No TRU near me unless the TRU Express that opened in the mall stays here, but I didn't see much there over the holiday shopping season. Hopefully I will be able to pick these up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2011, 12:05 AM
I had forgotten about these. I see both sets have sold out. No TRU near me unless the TRU Express that opened in the mall stays here, but I didn't see much there over the holiday shopping season. Hopefully I will be able to pick these up.
It's just the preorders that sold out. I'm thinking TRU's site will get more when they come in stock.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
It's just the preorders that sold out. I'm thinking TRU's site will get more when they come in stock.I hope so, since that is about the only way I'll be able to get one without paying too much for it.

Tycho
01-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I misssed this post over the holidays. I didn't pre-order. I hope the regular online price will still be $24. That's a decent value.

Meanwhile, I just want one of each set for the Endor Briefing scene. I think I have some extra pilots from previous battlepacks to possibly update my fleet with - however, they're better for "grounded extras" because you can't see detail in the ships' cockpits so much as you'd notice if all the pilots walking around the base look like Luke.

bkusna
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Was able to score 6 of these today at two TRUs....used my $50 in TRU rewards too...lots of diorama fillers :thumbsup:

nohagent
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
There is hope to find in store then...yes

Tycho
01-14-2011, 06:17 AM
I didn't find them in my store, but I will try again today. I have to take a friend to the airport this morning, and both the planes and the store are near the beach. So I might as well look. I'll be there anyway.

Darth Metalmute
01-14-2011, 08:14 AM
I saw both of these sets at my TRU yesterday. They are nice looking figures. As nice as they are, I left them for others. Without vehicles for them, they would just end up in my loose box.

Neuroleptic
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
My family will be going to Topeka this weekend to do some shopping. I'm hoping to see a little more of the ROTJ wave, and maybe these two packs. Though, I havn't decided if I'm going to get either of the two packs or not. It'll depend on how i feel about them in person.

I like the two pilots in the pack with the R5 droid, but the R5 droid itself is preaty ugly.

Im mad crazy like the R2 unit in the other pack, but I'm not crazy about the pilots that come with it.

bkusna
01-14-2011, 01:01 PM
For all of you who pre-ordered these under the buy 2 get the 3rd free, TRU online told me this morning that these are not in stock yet and are backordered...Weird???:(....I guess you're better off buying at the stores and returning the online ones when they get here in March...

Tycho
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I bought them today. My store had 2 of each set.

I bought 1 of each set. I don't know that I'll need more. I certainly don't need all the TIE Pilots, but perhaps I'll have them flank Baron Fel in an EU scene.

Meanwhile, later on, I can buy more sets on eBay if I really need them. I don't anticipate though.

My Rebel starfighter fleet and pilots as I recall:

ANH

Luke's X-wing w. Luke

ESB

Luke's X-wing w. no pilot, as Luke is in Dagobah fatigues

SOTE

Old X-wing with 3-pack Wedge

ROTJ

2 X-wings both w. 1996 Luke Pilots (you have to look to notice that)
1 Y-wing w. 1996 Luke Pilot
1 A-wing w. pack-in pilot from 1997
1 B-wing w. Ten Numb pilot

All these new pilots are going to the Endor Rebel Briefing Scene.

I might have use for them again, in some kind of EU scene - outside of their ships.

But honestly, you can't really tell what figures are inside the windows of those tiny little cockpits and that is great for making use of those older pilot figures.

You have to LOOK to see if it's Janson, Hobbie, Dak, or Tycho, Dutch, Keyan, Wedge and so on inside the ships. The average fan or casual admirerer of someone's displays aren't going to.

For this reason, I don't fill up the AT-TE or TurboTank with Clones, AT-AT with Snowtroopers (errr....well that one's tempting and I think I already have the snowtroopers, so...)

But these are nice figures of ROTJ Y-wing and B-wing pilots (plus new X-wing and A-wing pilots).

Good job Hasbro!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
I got these today as well. I haven't opened them yet but the figures all look pretty sweet.

Tycho
01-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't plan on opening them for a long while - until I need them for some kind of set-up, anyway.

mtriv73
01-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Just got e-mails from TRU saying they are cancelling my pre-orders for the 2 packs. I'd gotten 3 of each to split with some other collectors I know in the area. Between their ridiculous prices, the carpy customer loyalty program, and this BS, I'm pretty much done with that company. As much as I would hate for their not to be any more toy stores, carp like this which drives away customers is going to put them out of business rapidly.

Neuroleptic
01-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Just got e-mails from TRU saying they are cancelling my pre-orders for the 2 packs. I'd gotten 3 of each to split with some other collectors I know in the area. Between their ridiculous prices, the carpy customer loyalty program, and this BS, I'm pretty much done with that company. As much as I would hate for their not to be any more toy stores, carp like this which drives away customers is going to put them out of business rapidly.

While it's a bit off topic, I have to say I'm surprised that Toys R us hasn't been run out of business yet by Walmart and Target. I know that TRU has a much larger selection, and that many major toy companies have said in the past if TRU goes so do they. But in the last 10 years, I can count the number of figures I've bought from them on one hand. That number is 4.

Customer service and problems with there web site or pre orders arent what keep me away. It's their overly inflated prices. While I do plan to look, there aren't very many figures I'm willing to pay 10 dollars for. And I don't know that I've ever managed to find something there that my kid wanted that we didn't buy somewhere else due to the fact that it was as much as 25% cheaper.

Even Kmart can beat them in price alone.

Snowtrooper
01-15-2011, 04:34 PM

I just got the same e-mail as well. What a bunch of a**holes!!! If they would have backordered it for 2 or 3 months I would have been fine with that. To go and cancel it and basically give you no other options is beyond absurdity!! Last time I preorder from these morons. I feel like kickin someones *** right now!

If anyone has these sets in their area and would be willing to take the time to send them my way, send me a PM.

wawe1
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
I also got the same email from TRU. Problem is, I ordered during the buy 2 get 1 free sale. So, I ordered the Swamp Speeder for $29.99 and the two Endor Pilot sets. The next problem is that I used two $25 gift cards. So they charged my credit card the difference. Then the $50 in gift cards was used to pay the rest (including shipping and tax). They shipped the Speeder already. The $ for the cancelled items was placed back on my gift cards. Too bad I don't have them anymore. So I called and they said they would issue me a new gift card. Nice of them. The question now is: How much will the gift card be? $50? Probably not. I can't see them adjusting the shipping cost and tax to reflect the lower total since I'm now paying for only the Speeder. I hope they do, though.

BTW I only bought the Speeder because it got me a free Pilot set.

TRU is just too shady. After I spend this gift card, I think that is it for me. Unless I find an incredible deal, I don't see why I should shop there. Their prices are ridiculous for the little pieces of plastic that we all love. Plus we can find those same items for less in other stores.

Turbowars
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The only reason that these orders were canceled was because they dropped the ball on BOGO deal. It wasn't suppose to happen in the 1st place. I'm glade I got the loose figures form the packs I DID want off e-bay. Saved me $ anyways.

Maradona
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Mine were just cancelled too. It's just as well, I can pick them up now using the cheapie rewards dollars from their program. TRU just saved me money. Just have to find them at retail again now.

Rogue II
01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I got both sets today. After using $20 in rewards cash, it cost $32.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
The question is whether they are going to have them available on the website again, because it's over an hour drive to the nearest TRU with no guarantee that they will have them.

Tycho
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Ask when their truck delivery days are, and when they're unloading said trucks, then go that day or be there the next day before the store opens.

I did this only once and got into fresh cases of this stuff.

TheDarthVader
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
And my preorder was canceled as well. That really sux, and I was pretty upset about the situation. The closest TRU for me is an hour away. Thats two hours round trip!!!!

So if anyone wants to help, ahem...Tycho...then just PM me and I will pay for one set of each. =)

DarkJedi5
01-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Just got off the phone with TRU about my cancelled orders and they said that it was because Hasbro cancelled TRU's orders because of a delay in the manufacturing process. This sounds like BS to me since these are turning up and so we know they haven't been cancelled. It possible that what she was doing a poor job of explaining was actually that they are not getting the quantities they had ordered when they were supposed to and so these will be trickling out for a while until Hasbro gets the production finished in which case they'll be everywhere? All in all, after the SNAFU that was the EU wave of Legacy, I'm a bit apprehensive about finding these around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I opened them up last night and they're all quite nice figures. The TIE Pilots have some gray on their helmets that's unique to these sets - Oxixo is more obvious, while Mianda looks like the previously-released TIE pilot with the stripes on the helmet but also has a few tiny silver dots added. The B-wing and Y-wing pilots both have too many of those popcorn string-looking hoses, since one was supposed to connect to the Sullustan pilot's facemask and they use the same body mold. I know the Y-wing pilot isn't completely accurate but it's cool to finally have one in the line (and I like that all the pilots at least have the correct helmets). Pretty cool sets overall.

Rogue II
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Just got around to opening mine. I didn't know TIE Pilots were Jango clones. Actually, I didn't expect the pilots to have removable helmets in the first place. The B-Wing pilot's helmet doesn't fit tightly on his head. His head looks like it was borrowed from Duke of the GI Joe line. It is a nice set.

TheDarthVader
01-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Is there not anyone willing to help me get these sets? :( I have ZERO pm's.

Neuroleptic
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I would love to. Only problem is, the nearest Toys R us is about two hours away from me in topeka, and when I went there, they where out of them.

And their vintage figures where crammed full of wave 2. So the trip was a total bust. Seems every store in the state of kansas is clogged with wave 2.

Tycho
01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not planning on going back to TRU until the AOTC wave or new CW figures start shipping.

I drive a V-8 and though TRU is only about 10 minutes from me, it can cost like $7 a round trip to drive there.

So I order online if I can, as well.

I don't go hunting like I used to because of gas prices. I can work from home and my SUV is all paid for. Plus, it's best I save money for now. I'll be driving to Arizona for baseball Spring Training games not too long from now, and meanwhile, there's a Writers' Conference that's costing upward of $1,000 so I can sell my first novel, so toy hunting isn't a priority.

Buying the sets online (at full price probably) when TRU puts them back on their website for regular orders, wil work out the same as paying someone extra gas money to go and pick them up for someone else without a TRU near them. I'd say "be patient," or pick them up from a secondary market e-tailer like Brian's Toys or BBTS a little while later.

TheDarthVader
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Okay. Thanks anyway. Hey Neuroleptic, I am having the same problem here at this city in Texas. I think I might take a trip to Shreveport, LA. I drive a small vehicle that gets 28 mpg.

Phantom-like Menace
01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Everything I've read seems to imply that production hit a snag, so these figures aren't out in the quantities they expected just yet, hence cancellations. As I mentioned earlier in this thread (bit of prognostication as it was well before the cancellations), TRU preorders are iffy enough I didn't want the hassle.

I haven't seen these yet. I don't get to look as often as I'd like, mostly due to transportation issues (shared vehicle), but I'm going to Mobile this weekend, so I'll be able to check the only other TRU for a couple hundred miles.

I'd like to get three of these. Two for the actual set and one to do some headswaps/repaints for more pilots and astromechs. Too bad there were no female pilots, though. It'd be nice to add to their ranks.

Snowtrooper
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
UPDATE: These two packs are now listed as in stock. However, there is no "add to cart" button, so you can't purchase them online. I called them and tried to order them this way plus see if they would honor the BOGO order they cancelled. They were unable to do either. So I guess I'll have to wait and try to beat the rush when these do become available.

Tycho
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
There were 2 (one of each set) sitting at my TRU at 5pm this afternoon.

LA is definitely a different market.

TheDarthVader
01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm not planning on going back to TRU until the AOTC wave or new CW figures start shipping.

"There were 2 (one of each set) sitting at my TRU at 5pm this afternoon."

Um, I thought you told me you weren't going there for a while so you could not help me out with this one?
:confused:
No one on this forum ever helps me out. I think I will delete my account and go somewhere where collectors help their fellow collectors out. Goodbye SSG!

Tycho
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Sorry, Vader. I forgot you were looking for these. It totally slipped my mind.

Also, I hadn't planned to stop by TRU. I think I was tired and wound up there by habit because I was driving back from the pharmacy and didn't want to deal with traffic all going home in the same direction as my place.

I may go there tomorrow morning, as I think I will purchase some Transformers I've been struggling with the decision of whether to buy or not. But my SideShow Momaw Nadon just arrived, so I may have charged enough toys this month.

I think I did go by TRU exclusively for that (Transformers). The other day I turned down a Hot Rod vs Cyclonus pack at Target, and now think I may want another chance to re-evaluate that decision.

Phantom-like Menace
01-21-2011, 12:29 AM
I ended up in TRU today to look for a figure for a guy on another site. Didn't realize until I got home I forgot to look for it. It happens. Sometimes I even forget to check for things I want for myself.

Tycho
01-21-2011, 02:08 PM
TheDarthVader: I got you one of each of the Endor Rebel Pilot packs today at Toys R Us so you can stop impersonating Luke Skywalker.

The total was $54.35 I think. PM your address so I can give you a final price with s&h.

My collecting buddy here said these are available on ToysRUs.com once again, as of today, even.

Please let me know if you want these, or I will return them in a week.

I had to do some other shopping at Toys R Us and today was a "truck day." (Friday mornings usually are.)

mtriv73
01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
TheDarthVader: I got you one of each of the Endor Rebel Pilot packs today at Toys R Us so you can stop impersonating Luke Skywalker.

The total was $54.35 I think. PM your address so I can give you a final price with s&h.

My collecting buddy here said these are available on ToysRUs.com once again, as of today, even.

Please let me know if you want these, or I will return them in a week.

I had to do some other shopping at Toys R Us and today was a "truck day." (Friday mornings usually are.)

If he backs out, I'll gladly buy them from you.

Tycho
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
The sets are nice. I bought 1 each for myself. But I don't know why people aren't just getting these from ToysRUs.com. They will be available and are not limited.

But there is such a whinning uproar over these sets here that I'm really miffed.

Phantom-like Menace
01-21-2011, 04:50 PM
I found one of each today (as Tycho said, truck day), and I was able to look for that item for the person on the other site I was talking about. I haven't opened these yet, though I am familiar enough with the base figures to know what to expect.

Terribly happy to have them in hand. That's twenty-four Rebel pilots making the cut on my pilot shelf (excluding Snowspeeder pilots which will go on another shelf). After I get paid again, hopefully I'll be able to find these again so I can get that extra one I want.

mtriv73
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
The sets are nice. I bought 1 each for myself. But I don't know why people aren't just getting these from ToysRUs.com. They will be available and are not limited.

But there is such a whinning uproar over these sets here that I'm really miffed.

There's no way to add them to your cart. Despite being listed as in stock, all you can do is add them to wishlists.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-21-2011, 07:35 PM
There's no way to add them to your cart. Despite being listed as in stock, all you can do is add them to wishlists.

Yes, I just noticed that. I saw Tycho say that they might be available online, and indeed they were there, but I can't figure out how to buy them. It says in-stock for shipping.

Maerj2000
01-22-2011, 07:19 PM
I found set 1 of these today. I took them out and noticed something strange. Lt. Ekelarc Yong, Gray Three Y-Wing Pilot, has two white hoses that come off of him. One plugs into a hole on his belt, the other has no where to go. There are no holes on his helmet or anywhere else for this. Did Hasbro screw up?

Turbowars
01-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I found set 1 of these today. I took them out and noticed something strange. Lt. Ekelarc Yong, Gray Three Y-Wing Pilot, has two white hoses that come off of him. One plugs into a hole on his belt, the other has no where to go. There are no holes on his helmet or anywhere else for this. Did Hasbro screw up?I think it plugs into the ships cockpit.

Maerj2000
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
I think it plugs into the ships cockpit.

Okay, maybe this means we will get a BMF Y-Wing to go with this guy? I'll check the CW Y-Wing to see if there is something to hook it into.

UPDATE: Checked out the CW Y-Wing and saw no port for it. Found a rumor on another message board about an updated Y-Wing showing up in 2011. Here's hoping!

DarkJedi5
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I found set 1 of these today. I took them out and noticed something strange. Lt. Ekelarc Yong, Gray Three Y-Wing Pilot, has two white hoses that come off of him. One plugs into a hole on his belt, the other has no where to go. There are no holes on his helmet or anywhere else for this. Did Hasbro screw up?

Because this figure is a kit-bash of the Sullustan B-Wing pilot (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Evolutions/RebelPilots1/TLC-2294.jpg), the figure still comes with two hoses. On the Sullustan there is a hole in the face mask of his helmet for the second hose. On every subsequent B-Wing pilot to use the same body, there have been two hoses but no helmet hole (they use a different helmet with no face covering). I wouldn't get too excited about any rumors just yet, this is just Hasbro giving you the extra hose cause it's part of the mold.

On a side note, I've tried switching the hoses as they come with the figure because the one with the plugs at 90 angles works better from the chest box to the left hip than the other does.

Maerj2000
01-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Okay, thanks!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Okay, maybe this means we will get a BMF Y-Wing to go with this guy? I'll check the CW Y-Wing to see if there is something to hook it into.

UPDATE: Checked out the CW Y-Wing and saw no port for it. Found a rumor on another message board about an updated Y-Wing showing up in 2011. Here's hoping!
While talking to the Hasbro team at CV, Derryl said that they were still in the process of pitching the Y-wing and its new features to retailer(s), so at the time, it wasn't clear whether it was going to come out or not. I wonder if the Clone Wars version's banishment to closeout stores will have any effect.

Tycho
01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
The CW Y-wing is back in stock at one of my retailers: TRU or Target. Don't remember which. But I think it was TRU. I saw it on the shelf the other day.

It's a great ship.

I'm personally not excited by a larger OT Y-wing. I have 2 Y-wings (with working droid sockets from the vintage 80's). I don't need any new ones.

I'd like ships never made before like Jabba's Sailbarge. I hope Hasbro concentrates their efforts there. I recently got the Droid Gunship and Swamp Speeder, and am very pleased with those purchases.

Phantom-like Menace
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I think it plugs into the ships cockpit.

Because this figure is a kit-bash of the Sullustan B-Wing pilot (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Evolutions/RebelPilots1/TLC-2294.jpg), the figure still comes with two hoses. On the Sullustan there is a hole in the face mask of his helmet for the second hose.

Yes to both. Hasbro just reused a part that no longer has a function, but I explain it away the same way Turbowars does. I just assume that pilot's setup involves another tube that runs into some system in the cockpit. The Rebels aren't exactly uniform, so I figure it makes sense for different ones to have different rigs.

tagmac
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I found these sets at the Toys R Us in East Brunswick, NJ during the week. Bought one of each, leaving another set, plus one more, on the shelf. Good thing I got there when I did, too, cuz as I was walking out of the aisle, I saw the local fat, middle-aged scalper heading that way. About a minute later, and he'd have cleaned them out before I got there.

mtriv73
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
For those of you (like me) who still haven't found all these in stores yet, TRU.com will finally let you add them to your cart and order them. I'm going to call their customer service later and try to get them to honor the buy 2 get 1 free that I had them ordered for earlier before they cancelled my order.

El Chuxter
01-25-2011, 01:23 PM
You can try, but I've got a feeling you may as well be asking them to honor a Target coupon on shampoo that expired two years ago.

Snowtrooper
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
UPDATE: They added the "add to cart" button, so now you can order the sets online. I just placed my order. If they cancel it again, I'm done with TRU.com.

Phantom-like Menace
01-26-2011, 01:14 AM
For those of you (like me) who still haven't found all these in stores yet, TRU.com will finally let you add them to your cart and order them. I'm going to call their customer service later and try to get them to honor the buy 2 get 1 free that I had them ordered for earlier before they cancelled my order.

You can try, but I've got a feeling you may as well be asking them to honor a Target coupon on shampoo that expired two years ago.

Several people have even brought the order information from their canceled online order into brick and mortar TRU stores, and the brick and mortar stores have happily honored the original deal.

Tycho
01-26-2011, 06:04 AM
I bought these sets for TheDarthVader and they are not needed.

I have the receipt. They are $54.35 after tax. That's how much they will cost you, plus packing and shipping - for which you should PM me your address if you want them, and I'll go to the Post Office and box and label them, then give you a total (add less than $10 to the total cost, most likely).

Respond quickly, as I will probably return these to the store by mid-February and I hope that later, I won't want multiples of these sets when I once had them in hand.

But for those of you who build dioramas, you know that's the way it works.

I try not to store up figures that I don't know I'll need.

sebillba
01-26-2011, 07:56 AM
If mtriv no longer needs them, don't return them, I'll buy them from you - as long as you don't mind shipping them loose, to keep the costs down.

Since I'm in the UK, I can't order from TRU.com. They may well show up in stores one day, but I checked on Monday and there was no sign of them, and I have no plans to go back any time soon.

mtriv73
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM

Proving that it never hurts to ask, they gave me a credit for one of the three I ordered yesterday. With the one a buddy picked up for me last week, I've got 2 of each now.

sebillba
01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Proving that it never hurts to ask, they gave me a credit for one of the three I ordered yesterday. With the one a buddy picked up for me last week, I've got 2 of each now.

So does that mean you don't need the sets from Tycho now?

Tycho
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't remember if MTriv73 asked me for them, Sibilba. I'm cool with shipping them to whichever one of you asked me for them first. You guys work out who that is, because I am tired right at this very moment and do not know.

Phantom-like Menace
01-27-2011, 03:30 AM
I've decided it's a toss up between Frix and Yong for my favorite figure from these sets.

Both pilots stood out in the battle when I watched it as a kid, so it's nice to add them to the collection. If I were to give an edge to either, it would probably be Yong. His bat emblem is very unique. Also, while the silver harness on Frix is apparently movie accurate, I don't care for it this late in my collection of inaccurate pilots.

It's nice to add to my collection of A-wing and B-wing pilots, but that's a much smaller group, and I'm just not as interested in them.

My pilot shelf is starting to look a little crowded. I used to have everyone who wasn't wearing an orange jumpsuit occupying the catwalk above the Theed hangar playset, but there's not enough room for them all now, so I have two odd men out down with my orange pilots. I've lost some of the natural organization.

Worse yet, I've got half a mind to get on the headswaps I want to do and print up some stickers for helmets and make an entire sqaudron in some kind of briefing scene. So I guess my woes of having too many pilots are just starting.

Edit: I just noticed this, but if the gloves are solid black, why cast the gloves in some other color plastic then paint them black? They don't end up painting the glove fully, and you can see the other color where the hand and arm join. Just do it all in black.

sebillba
01-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I don't remember if MTriv73 asked me for them, Sibilba. I'm cool with shipping them to whichever one of you asked me for them first. You guys work out who that is, because I am tired right at this very moment and do not know.

mtriv73 asked first:

If he backs out, I'll gladly buy them from you.

But if he no longer wants them, I'll have them please.

Tycho
01-27-2011, 06:25 AM
OK. We'll wait to hear from MTriv73.

MTriv73, please post it publically if you want my pilot sets.

Otherwise, Sibilba gets them.

Then whomever I'm shipping to, PM me with your address.

I am busy this week, btw, and won't get to shipping these until next week anyway. My work has to take priority.

sebillba
01-27-2011, 06:50 AM
I am busy this week, btw, and won't get to shipping these until next week anyway. My work has to take priority.

That'd be fine with me - I've maxed out my credit card for this month, so would prefer to pay next week anyway. :)

Phantom-like Menace
01-27-2011, 07:25 AM
They just set aside a very small amount for internet, toss the rest on the pegs, and wash their hands of the whole thing afterwards.

Do we have any idea the numbers on these, maybe not exact numbers but estimates for this type of exclusive? How many would be ordered in total, then how many would be set aside for the .com?

It always surprises me how few are made even of merchandise that is going to every retailer, but I suppose it would surprise me how few Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRUs combined there are too.

mtriv73
01-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I've been dealing with a little snow here. I am no longer desperate to locate these, so if Tycho can help out another collector I say spread the love.

Tycho
01-27-2011, 08:46 AM
K. Sebillba. They are yours.

PM me your shipping information and instructions (please confirm you want them loose before I open the mint boxes).

Probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week, I'll get to mailing them.

sebillba
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Cool, thanks both of you... PM on its way Tycho. :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I love these sets. I am a sucker for pilots and droids! The sets are just plain awesome!