PDA

View Full Version : The Lazy Jedi - My new short film

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2011, 02:20 PM
It's time yet again for some shameless self-promotion. :p

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqV5tvdmRds) is a Star Wars-themed short I made with a friend for our digital effects class. We shot it over a month ago and it's been largely done since then but I've only recently been able to finish cleaning everything up to how it is now. If it does reasonably well then I want to make more of them in this series.

For the record, Cobra Fang Power is the "production company" started by some friends and me. Enjoy!

Mister Roboto
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
For the record, Cobra Fang Power is the "production company" started by some friends and me. Enjoy!

Sounds more like you are a ruthless terrorist organizatoin trying to take over the world.

Cool video though. Pretty funny.

El Chuxter
01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
I already told you, this is pretty golden, but that awesome Aurabesh Food Network logo during the Holiday Special clip is the awesomest touch of all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2011, 12:36 AM
I already told you, this is pretty golden, but that awesome Aurabesh Food Network logo during the Holiday Special clip is the awesomest touch of all.
Thanks. :D Somehow I was thinking you'd like it when I did it. :p

Lord Malakite
01-04-2011, 06:30 AM
The Lazy Jedi... you never told me you'd be making a documentary of my life.

bigbarada
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice editing job with the Jedi Council scene. Especially the way you re-purposed the actual film dialogue for your story. :D I look forward to seeing more.

Tycho
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
The Lazy Jedi... you never told me you'd be making a documentary of my life.

No. I thought that movie was about MY Life!

Anyhow, yes JabbaJohnL. I would like to see more.

It reminded me of The Big Labowski meets Star Wars, actually.

Lord Malakite
01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
No. I thought that movie was about MY Life! You must of misheard from JabbaJohnL's Asian assistant Shichiro. The documentary based on your life is called The Crazy Jedi. L and R makes the same sound in Japanese.

Tycho
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh. Yeah. That makes sense. I am CRAZY, too. :crazed:

It's a quality in my character. :yes:

Slicker
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
You must of misheard from JabbaJohnL's Asian assistant Shichiro. The documentary based on your life is called The Crazy Jedi. L and R makes the same sound in Japanese.
First off that makes no sense. Where did this magical "C" come from that makes it the word "crazy"? If anything it would be "razy".

Second, that's kinda racist and sterotypical. Let's keep it on topic. :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
First off that makes no sense. Where did this magical "C" come from that makes it the word "crazy"? If anything it would be "razy".
The C is almost silent. Its a lisp thing.

Second, that's kinda racist and stereotypical.
Racial jokes usually are. :rolleyes: Doesn't mean they can't be somewhat funny/amusing at times (so long as you don't let crap bother you). The way I see it the occasional racial joke can be okay as long as you don't go overboard with it (keep it light) and are mindful enough of the audience that the joke isn't overly offensive or targeted at any one "real" person in particular. What I said of Tycho mishearing the fictional Shichiro isn't that much worse/different joke wise than the Chinese restaurant workers singing Deck the Halls, etc. towards the end of A Christmas Story.

Let's keep it on topic. :thumbsup:
Yes, lets continue talking about this Lazy Jedi that is obviously based on my life story. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Risten to Srickel!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Enough of this! This bickering is pointless. Go watch my movie instead. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Enough of this! This bickering is pointless. Go watch my movie instead. :D

Very good. Did you actually use the Force to move that cup? That must have been cool meeting Yoda in person. What sort of mileage does that speeder get?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm currently writing the second installment, and will be producing it soon. It takes place during ROTS (and two days after the first one), so you can probably figure out some of the story beats.

Is there anything that you liked and want to see more of? Something that didn't work? Anything in general you'd like to see, or any areas I should work on?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Is there anything that you liked and want to see more of? Something that didn't work? Anything in general you'd like to see, or any areas I should work on?Naked Twi'leks. Well, I guess they don't have to be naked. Oola and Aayla attire would be fine. Hmm. The names Oola and Aayla sound kind of funny together.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Episode II is finally here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1m_tXy_cn8) Watch it. Or die. Or don't. But you should watch it.

El Chuxter
12-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Your banishment for violating the SSG terms of service will be in effect in exactly 22.4 hours. :mad:

:p