PDA

View Full Version : You're not going to believe this...

Warstar
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
...but I found a TS Sandcrawler- dated 2006- in a K-Mart in Butte, Montana, last week on clearance for $3.50.

I had to buy the thing just on principle- that a 4 year old toy was still at a retail location!

Anyone else come across any Titanium Series oddities like this?

BTW- hi all :) This forum has slowed down- a LOT- but maybe, eventually, Hasbro will make something in our smaller scale size again (esp. with the success of the Tron: Legacy Die-Cast line) Soon (TM).

Darth Duranium
01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Warstar! Wassup?

Funny you should ask: I saw a Titanium Dewback at a local convenience store the other day... had to pass, for obvious reasons.

I picked up 5 of the Tron 3" vehicles... thought they were great value. They seem to be selling well around here, too.

Maerj2000
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Those Tron vehicles are really nice, I was hoping to pick them up pn clearance but that stuff seems to be selling pretty well. A local Toys R Us only had 4 of the 3 3/4 inch figures left last time I was there.

shinakuma43
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110633395545&si=puzThOTkGJiOTcVG%252FLouZXZthBQ%253D&viewitem=

Ebay item: 110633395545

Darth Duranium
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Awesome price! Were you the lucky bidder?

shinakuma43
02-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Yup, and it wasn't even a buy now listing, it was up for 7 days. The thing that probably really helped me get it so low (aside from no mention of JC Penny at all) was the fact that for the 1st 2 or 3 days it was up, there was no image attached. I had it on my watch list since I suspected it was the JC Penny's version since I can't think of any other Mail-in at-at. I guess once it was no longer a new listing no one who knew what it was noticed it.

sergiurusu
02-03-2011, 02:52 AM
I think that was a guy on Rebelscum who had it.

Warstar
02-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Nice score on that AT-AT!

I am still after the KB Toys 2-Packs for the Titaniums simply for the package variants.

The thing that burns my buns is that someone had an auction on them for $49.99 for all 4- with shipping- and I missed the closing bid due to a flight I was on. :(

Now the guy who won the auction has them all up for sale in his own auctions for $29.99 EACH. :upset:

Hope to score them someday.

The Tron vehicles are indeed cool and fun IMHO. I recently nabbed the 3-Man Light Jet, 1-Man Light Jet and the Limo from the official Disney Store on Ebay for $2.99 each- $5.94 each with shipping! Can't wait to get 'em!

shinakuma43
02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I'm still shocked no one else saw it, but glad they didn't ;)

I also don't have the titanium 2-packs, somehow I never saw them in stores and I've never actually been motivated to buy them. I decided to only collect the Titaniums loose, so my own collection of titaniums is loose, so many ships would be crazy to somehow display them all packaged (hard enough for me to get the time to display them loose, lol). I thought I saw the 2-packs with buy nows of about 10.00 each a while ago, I could be mistaken though since I haven't paid much attention to them.

The only 2-packs I'd actually like to get are Action Fleet 2-packs that were exclusive to somewhere in Europe. I have a few of them, they are just 2 standard classic ships plastic wrapped together and then there's a cool Action Fleet sticker on the package. I also have a couple similar sets which I guess they did during E1, they have an E1 AF vehicle and an E1 AF playset shrinkwrapped together. If anyone has info on where any of these came from, how many different combinations were available, or any other info I'd greatly appreciate it. One E1 set has Anakins Podracer and the other one had Sebulbas. The playsets are, if I remember correctly, podracer hanger bay and mos espa market. The classic ships are: Millennium Falcon, Landing Craft, Blockade Runner, and T-16. I don;t have them in front of me so I can't be positive about which 2 ships are in each 2 packs, I just know the 2 2-packs I have contain those 4 ships. Sometimes it sucks being 1400 miles from my collection, but oh well.

Warstar
02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Well I am insane- collecting pacakaged and loose ships. I do hope to nab the 2-Packs, as they are this glaringly obvious holes in my collection!!! :upset:

...tonight, in Twin Falls, Idaho, from the local Hastings Entertainment Store, I picked up a first-release 2008 Chrome Stickered Vulture Droid, along with a Rebel Transport.

Heh. They had a few more ships there, too, most notably Red IV's X-Wing and an AT-OT.

There was a Hound's Tooth at the local Wal-Mart on clearance for $2...

Craziness...finding them on shelves years later!

Blue2th
02-26-2011, 12:18 AM
You ain't crazy. :crazed: I bought at least two of everything. I only wish I'd have found more of the rarer ones so I could open one. Never did find a second Rogue Shadow or a second original Galactica :ermm:

SHOPPING MAUL
02-26-2011, 03:25 AM
A few years ago, I won that very JC Penny mailaway R/C AT-AT on EBay for 99 cents.
It too had a 7 day auction listing, but It had a very clear picture of It. I still don't believe It!:shocked:

SHOPPING MAUL
02-26-2011, 03:34 AM
A few years ago, I won that very JC Penny mailaway R/C AT-AT on EBay for 99 cents.
It too had a 7 day auction listing, but It had a very clear picture of It. I still don't believe It!:shocked:

"You can't erase a dream, you can only wake me up"