PDA

View Full Version : Special Action Figure Sets - wave 2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Er, I guess it's wave 2. Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20110105/index.html) has images of the next three, including two from ANH and one from ESB (with the outdated-but-still-awesome Deuce!). Using two yellow-backed sets might be an odd choice but I think the use of more core characters should help sell these to more casual collectors as well. Also of note is that the Death Star Trooper has his original name, Death Squad Commander. If these are priced well, I might get them to display with the first three.

TheDarthVader
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Alas, we have to endure this crappy exclusive again.

Rogue II
01-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Someday, retailers are going to figure out half of us wait until their exclusive is on clearance before we buy it.

Neuroleptic
01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm still in shock that they're re-using a figure that is 14 years old. That's just disgracefull, especialy when all they would have had to do is re-paint the 2-1B we got a little over a year ago and call it good, and maybe, MAYBE make a new left hand with an accessory.

Qui-Long Gone
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I foolishly missed the ANH Solo last time, but his time I'm peeved he's trapped in a case with 2 other figures I have no interest in owning. Sigh. :rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I foolishly missed the ANH Solo last time, but his time I'm peeved he's trapped in a case with 2 other figures I have no interest in owning. Sigh. :rolleyes:

Are they being sold as 3 packs or as a giant 9 pack again? I thought it would be another 9 pack....

Snowtrooper
01-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Are they being sold as 3 packs or as a giant 9 pack again? I thought it would be another 9 pack....

I thought I remember reading somewhere that they were to be sold as 3 seperate 3 packs.

TheDarthVader
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
If they sell these separately, that would at least be a step in the right direction in my opinion. I will never be able to figure out why they used to potf2 2-1B. That is just...... CRAZY!

Mister Roboto
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
So much for getting a new 2-1B. Maybe they will put a new one out on a single card later.

Still, I'm excited and I would wager that Newsbot is too.

El Chuxter
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I am excited. I can get the Rebel who was otherwise only in that overpriced Target set (yeah, yeah, I know it was technically not overpriced, but if you only wanted the one figure, that was a lot of scratch), a Leia for my daughter (or an extra for me, maybe), and a Deuce I can customize into one of his many action roles, or to make a Golden Deuce.

Neuroleptic
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I want to be excited about these three three packs, but I'm having a hard time of it, mostly because the figure selection is underwelming even when compared to the 9 pack.

I'm primarily an opener with only a few figures left in packages. As I would not be interested in keeping these in the packages I'm looking at it from that standpoint. If I where a mint in package collector, I'd be thrilled.

The villan pack is ok for army builders, IF:
you can find a place to put a new Vader in your collection. Depending on the price, I may buy it as I don't have the Death Star trooper, and can always use another stormtrooper.

The hoth pack would be good, except:
It has Leia, who I already have and don't need another. It also has a sevearly outdated version of 2-1B that is an insult compared to the rest of the figures released in the last 10 years or so. The only good thing is the rebel soldier, and I'm just not about to pay for this pack for one figure.

The heroes set would be ok except:
While the Obi Wan is a good figure, I'm betting that by now nearly everyone has him, and I do not want the luke from this set as I have enough of them. The Han Solo figure I'd kill for, however I'll have to decide if he's worth spending money to get, when the two figures he comes with would almost certanly wind up in the trash.

The 9 Pack atleast had a few figures in it I actualy wanted. FX-7 being the one made of awsome sauce that I could never find during it's first run, Lando, while not that great was good enough for me, 4-lom who I hadn't picked out yet, the rebel hoth soldier I didn't have, I could use another at-at pilot after getting the AT-At unexpectedly for X-mass, the tie pilot was sweet, and I'd managed to not get the bespen luke yet, and the Hoth han was good because I liked the color of the coat on this one over the one I had already (which had also lost its goggles). So the only figure in the first 9 pack that didn't get my attention at all for one reason or another was the bespin guard.

I just think Hasbro could have done a better job picking the packs to re-create. The droids pack was one I really wanted, for example.