PDA

View Full Version : PlaySkool Star Wars toy? What do you think?

Dryanta
03-03-2002, 05:13 PM
As the father of four I think these things are one of the best ideas ever.I have toys all over the house and have had to get all of my kids to leave them alone.I've bought them all stuff of their own but it really doesn't work.
I think when I can get them things that are made just for them it'll catch.Any thoughts?

Beast
03-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
As the father of four I think these things are one of the best ideas ever.I have toys all over the house and have had to get all of my kids to leave them alone.I've bought them all stuff of their own but it really doesn't work. I think when I can get them things that are made just for them it'll catch.Any thoughts?
I think they are a cool idea, can't wait to pick them up. Wish they would have had these when I was a little kid. I really hope the line does well, and continues beyond these first 6 sets. I wanna see a Boba Fett with Slave 1 set. :D The Millenium Falcon set looks especially cool, other then Chewie looking a little odd. The vac metal C-3PO figure is really sweet looking. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Yea I agree with JJB, I really want to get these! Nicely detailed, kinda..err, cute.., and they should make some interesting display pieces. :) Might even play with'em a little... :happy:

Anyone else think the Reek looks like the bull from Looney Tunes? :D

JEDIpartner
03-03-2002, 06:51 PM
I really think they are terrific! It's been a long time coming. Seriously. It seems that there really wasn't much diversity to the Star Wars line until the past few years. We got the LEGO stuff so long after it was badly needed. It was a perfect match. There are so many tykes who love the Star Wars universe, but weren't able to play with toys because the standard figure line was deemed unsuitable for them. I think this is also a great way for Star Wars fanatical parents to play with their kids. Think of it as a way for fathers to bond with their kids. Excellent!!

SithDroid
03-04-2002, 12:19 AM
I think that it is a great idea as well. Now children can be introduced to SW at an earlier age. One line of SW figures that I would like to see get produced would be SW Anime figures (from the comic books). I'm not much of an anime fan, but the look of the SW characters in the SW anime is pretty cool and I think they would make great action figures.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 11:35 PM
Dryanta, did you buy any of these yet? I haven't, but I do plan to eventually (especially that Tauntaun) ! ! ! There have been one or two requests to get a Playskool forum going here, JediTricks wants to wait until the product line has been out awhile to gauge interest. I'd like to see it happen, but it may be too early right now to tell. :)

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 03:01 AM
These things are totally cool! My nephews love Star Wars and always want to play with their father's SW toys. Now that he bought them a couple of these sets, they don't even look at the regular figures anymore.

I'm glad Hasbro is introducing a little bit of diversity to the Star Wars brand. Everything seemed to revolve solely on action figures for a few years, then we got the Beanies, then the Legos and now these Playskool sets.

I like SithDroid's idea for SW Manga figures also; but I think it would be best if they were larger sized figures, around 6"-8", in order to differentiate them from the regular line and to better represent the anime style.

jedibear
05-09-2002, 04:13 AM
I think these PlaySkool sets are great too.

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 05:02 AM
Cute and fun! But not for me. (No Kids.) Definitely something new and different and cool though.

wv-spacer
05-09-2002, 08:30 AM
I think these are great and intend on buying them all. I just wish there were additional figure packs so that you could assemble an army of droids, stormtroopers etc..

Looking forward to the falcon (now if they could just make a T.I.E. fighter !)

spacelord
05-09-2002, 09:55 AM
I bought 3 of the sets for my daughter's 3rd birthday last week. She loves them. Now she gets to play along with her older borther (who has also taken a liking to the speeder bikes).

stillakid
05-09-2002, 10:34 AM
My kids can't put them down. Eagerly awaiting the Falcon later this year.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
My kids can't put them down. Eagerly awaiting the Falcon later this year.

Yeah, I'm not very interested in the Prequel Playskools for some reason, but I really think I might buy the OT figures. Those speeder bikes are so cool, and the Tauntaun set is really great looking.:)

LTBasker
05-09-2002, 05:28 PM
The most interesting part of it all is - these first Battle Droids are much more sturdier and don't look stupid in an action pose like the first Hasbro Battle Droids. :p

jobi
05-09-2002, 07:02 PM
My son loves them he's only 16 months so he doesn't tell me but he always carries them around making noises.

stevenmh
05-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Is anyone actually finding these? I found one each of the Endor and Hoth sets at KB, but the packaging was all smashed, so I passed. I can find them online, but the markups are kind of steep.

SpiritualSlavery
05-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Currently, the only places where one can find them are K-mart, Wal-Mart and Kay-Bee. The most difficult one to find is the duel with Darth Maul. Try their online stores if you wish to save on petrol.
Also, look out for the Millenium Falcon and Arena Battle later this summer.

fourtwo
05-20-2002, 04:15 PM
its rather sad to think about how many of these are just gonna sit in the box for years and years, no playing gonna happen at all.

:(

yngadult
05-20-2002, 05:53 PM
The hard one to find in my area (Central Valley, CA)is the Endor set. The one I see sitting on the shelf is the Phantom Menace set withthe yellow fighter and Darth Maul.

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 01:16 AM
These all seem HTF, cases seem to fly off the shelves in weird amounts - around me, KBs seem to sell less of the Ep 1 sets while Kmarts sell less of the $14.99 sets.

RedneckJedi
05-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I managed to piecemeal the entire set together thanks to all the WMs and KMs between Oklahoma and Indiana (guess where I went :D ).

However, when my lil' bundle of joy comes to be in December, I'll pop 'em open after about 12-16 months from then to properly warp the child's little mind into my way of Star Wars thinking.

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Does anyone know what the magnets on the back of the speederbikes are used for?

JediTricks
05-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Luke hangs off the back of the bike, it's mentioned under the back of the sticker.

DV8
05-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if these Playschool toys will be a limited run or will these continue into the next year as a regular toy in the SW lineup? These are one of the better toys that have been released in quite a while.