PDA

View Full Version : Wave 6

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
A new image of Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing) (http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=5931&p=95592#p95577) has turned up today, and I presume he's in the wave after the ANH/ROTS wave (hence the thread's title). At any rate, it looks like it's based on the snowspeeder Luke but with an uncapped head and ungloved hands. I like that we're finally getting this version, and the card art is pretty spiffy as well.

sebillba
01-10-2011, 03:15 AM
I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.

bigbarada
01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I guess wave 6 is going to consist of:

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
Clone Trooper
AT-RT Driver
General Lando
Weequay Skiff Master
Fi Ek Sirch (Nikto Jedi)

I'm definitely getting the Weequay Skiff Master, Fi Ek Sirch, General Lando and Luke. Pass on the clones.

Hasbro did a great job with the choice of cardphoto for that Luke.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Big B, your list is spot on with the figures I will be buying. Right on!

Jabbapalacespy
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!

DarkJedi5
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!

I'm guessing it's gonna be a while. Still haven't seen waves 4 or 5 yet and so 6 will probably be revealed at Toy Fair in February and on shelves some time after that.

Qui-Long Gone
01-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.

Amen Brotha!

I think this Luke and the Skiff Master are two must-have figures.

Neuroleptic
01-10-2011, 04:12 PM

You must be ah preaching to the chior! AMEN!

I find it rather pathetic that the two best figures of Yoda are also the oldest. If I thought I could pull it off, I'd get the POTJ Yoda, and to figure out how to drill out his head to give him a ball joint for one of the newer bodies. It seems to me that what they truly screw up on with Yoda are his accessories (just what the heck is this big gun thing the saga legends version came with anyway?) and his face.

He's such a simple character to do. Cloth good robe (they could probably get away with re-creating the original!), walking stick, belt, flash light, good head sculpt, MAYBE the snake, and done. If they need to add a lightsaber to increase kids wanting him, I could live with this. He's not a character I feel they NEED to include something else with to feel like Im getting my money's worth.

He's supposed to resemble the compleate opposite of the AT-AT in my mind. It's one of the best morality lessons of film. Just because something is big, difficult, scary, powerfull, or strong doesn't mean that it is difficult to over come. Yoda dosen't need big guns, lights, sound, or ANYTHING to be awsome. If they want him to come with anything more than what he came with in 1980, the best yoda I can think of would come with a lightsaber to please the kids, and maybe those little boxes from the saga release of R2-D2 with the sensor scope from a few years back, and a few rocks to stack on eachother. But really, all we need is an epic sculpt yoda with his basic accessories, and I think they would not be able to make enough of him.

Snowtrooper
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
That cardback is superb!! It was an excellent choice since its one of the more iconic photos from ESB. I'll definitely be getting one. Skiff Master is a must as well. I'll have to see about the rest.

Qui-Long Gone
01-10-2011, 05:05 PM
He's supposed to resemble the compleate opposite of the AT-AT in my mind. It's one of the best morality lessons of film. Just because something is big, difficult, scary, powerfull, or strong doesn't mean that it is difficult to over come. Yoda dosen't need big guns, lights, sound, or ANYTHING to be awsome.

Amen Brotha Neuro! TESTIFY!

I reject the PT Yoda, and all saber-weilding abominations of him. Those are abarations of the true mystic who was hidden in the swamp. Yoda NEVER needed a lightsaber. "The Force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is."

El Chuxter
01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
The cannon is Yoda's patented Super Gun of Mega Awesome, which launches flaming banthas at his foes. P-chew! P-chew!

bigbarada
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
The cannon is Yoda's patented Super Gun of Mega Awesome, which launches flaming banthas at his foes. P-chew! P-chew!

Well, that's kind of offensive, what does the Banthas' sexual orientation have to do with anything.....? ...oh wait, you said "FLAMING Banthas" not "Flamer Banthas"... my bad. :o

Qui-Long Gone
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Flamer Banthas

The only weapons more powerful than the Death Star.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
just what the heck is this big gun thing the saga legends version came with anyway?
It's from the original 2005 release, and it's based on Kashyyyk weaponry since he spends much of the film there. Either it was sculpted before the film was finalized, or more likely, it was just done to give him more playability and perceived value (which, while evidently not important to some here, probably makes it easier for parents to spend $7 when it's not just a tiny little Yoda in the package).

I agree that we need a new Dagobah Yoda, but I'm not about to throw a fit that he's not coming RIGHT THIS SECOND, either.

Neuroleptic
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
That cardback is superb!! It was an excellent choice since its one of the more iconic photos from ESB. I'll definitely be getting one. Skiff Master is a must as well. I'll have to see about the rest.

Because it was pointed out to hasbro that the figure and all accessories he comes with are for the Revenge of the Sith, hasbro has delayed the new VTC Yoda to give him a ROTS cardback.

Hents, we aren't getting an ESB Yoda.

Snowtrooper
01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Because it was pointed out to hasbro that the figure and all accessories he comes with are for the Revenge of the Sith, hasbro has delayed the new VTC Yoda to give him a ROTS cardback.

Hents, we aren't getting an ESB Yoda.

Actually, I was referring to the Dagobah Landing Luke. My bad. I should have made that clearer in my post.

sebillba
01-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I guess wave 6 is going to consist of:

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
Clone Trooper
AT-RT Driver
General Lando
Weequay Skiff Master
Fi Ek Sirch (Nikto Jedi)

I'm definitely getting the Weequay Skiff Master, Fi Ek Sirch, General Lando and Luke. Pass on the clones.

Hasbro did a great job with the choice of cardphoto for that Luke.

This list has proved spot on... there's a photo of the card back over at RS (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=TVC&Number=4416126&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=8) that shows all these figures. There's also a close-up of Luke - another amazing headsculpt of the character after so many years of failed attempts.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, wow, that Luke head is stunning - I was somewhat worried by the first picture, but damn, that's good. And they gave him the hole for his lightsaber! Nice.

I also like that the photo on the back isn't just a shot of the front of the card, as they had been doing for earlier first-time figures.

As for the rest of the wave, I like what I see. Looks like the AOTC clone has the super-articulated body - right after I accumulated dozens of the previous version. :p Lando's cape looks too blue here, so hopefully the actual figure will work out. The others look good though not the most exciting choices ever.

Snowtrooper
01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I also like that the photo on the back isn't just a shot of the front of the card, as they had been doing for earlier first-time figures.

I like this as well. Unless it was a shot of a vintage figure, pics of previous releases really didn't do anything for me. This is so much better.

El Chuxter
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Where'd you see the cardback?

DarkJedi5
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Where'd you see the cardback?

See Sebillba's post:

This list has proved spot on... there's a photo of the card back over at RS (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=TVC&Number=4416126&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=8) that shows all these figures. There's also a close-up of Luke - another amazing headsculpt of the character after so many years of failed attempts.

All in all, I'll get the Luke, the skiff master, and Lando and Fi-ek look good too. I will most likely pass on the Phase I trooper (the helmet looks a little on the animated side but that's not my reason for passing, I just don't need anymore) and I'll wait and see on the AT-RT pilot. Maybe pick up just one of him. Kind of a snoozer wave, a lot like wave 5.

El Chuxter
01-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks! The link was so short there, I overlooked it.

The Weequay is the only definite for me. Lando is likely. Fi-Ek is a maybe, and Luke is probably a no (what's next, "Luke Skywalker: Cut Scene Taking Boots Off"?). Clonetroopers of all shapes and sizes are definite nos.

Qui-Long Gone
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Weequay is top priority. Luke is certain...am I the only one who loves the "clear" light saber effect? Lando, maybe. I for one was hoping for a more articulate skiff Lando.

Others: pass. No more clones thank you. I think a wave should never have more than 1.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I like this as well. Unless it was a shot of a vintage figure, pics of previous releases really didn't do anything for me. This is so much better.
Well, this is even different from that. At least on the AOTC wave, they're still comparing these figures to previously-released figures, including Episode I and Saga line figures. Since this Luke in this configuration has never been made before, I assued they were going to do what they did for Echo Base Han, Senate Duel Sidious, and Sail Barge R2-D2: reuse the card art from the front, on the back, and call it out as a first-time release (which I assume would have gotten sticky here). I prefer this, since if I want to see the front of the card, I'll just turn it over. :p

El Chuxter
01-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I can't help but wonder, and someone please enlighten me as I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be an arse, but why do so many of you care about the Luke? There have been a few bazillion pilot Lukes over the years, and this one is "unique" in that he doesn't have his gloves. I can't find myself passing on any never-before-made ESB figure (unless it's in a Target exclusive set with a bunch of already-done figures and some accessories that, while cool, I have nowhere to put), but I really am having a tough time seeing myself spending $7 (or so) on this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2011, 08:50 PM
I can't help but wonder, and someone please enlighten me as I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be an arse, but why do so many of you care about the Luke? There have been a few bazillion pilot Lukes over the years, and this one is "unique" in that he doesn't have his gloves. I can't find myself passing on any never-before-made ESB figure (unless it's in a Target exclusive set with a bunch of already-done figures and some accessories that, while cool, I have nowhere to put), but I really am having a tough time seeing myself spending $7 (or so) on this one.
As for me, I like these sorts of figures as a diorama builder since they bring a greater film accuracy to the scenes. Some might not care whether he has his gloves or not, but I do. I really like the 2009 snowspeeder Luke, and I think he looks cool without the thermal cap on here. I also really enjoy the card art as, to me, it's a very iconic, dynamic photo. It's also nice when they're able to do new, (albeit only slightly) different of the core characters, meaning there's more to do than just repeat the same versions exactly the same over and over.

This is also more a snowspeeder pilot Luke rather than an X-wing one, given the collar, skirt, and padded suit. I distinguish between the costumes since they're quite different despite looking similar, and when you look at it that way, there haven't been nearly "a few bazillion" (and I'm assuming the notion of having several of them is based more on the fact that he gets re-released every so often).

bigbarada
01-12-2011, 08:56 PM

A couple of different reasons for me:
1. I was never happy with the quality of the 2006 X-Wing Pilot Luke. Ugly headsculpt and weird body proportions kind of ruined it for me.
2. Luke's X-Wing uniform in ESB is different enough compared to his uniform in ANH to warrant a new figure.
3. While the 2009 Snowspeeder Luke was a great figure, the thermal cap and weirdly posed hands limited his usefulness outside of the Snowspeeder/Hoth Battle dioramas.
4. This is more than just an X-Wing Pilot Luke and it's more than just a Dagobah Landing Luke, it's also a "Just Landed On A Strange New World and is Cautiously Exploring His Surroundings With His Trusty Droid R2-D2 (sold separately) By His Side" Luke. At least that's what I'm going to be using him for. :)
5. The cardback looks awesome!

Rogue II
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Well, I'll get the Weequay. I'm not buying another General Lando or X-Wing Luke, and I don't do prequel stuff.

I'm actually happier buying less Star Wars stuff every year. Actually, I like these non-themed waves. I don't have to spring for all those figures at once.

Obsession is Nute
01-16-2011, 02:01 AM
Thanks! The link was so short there, I overlooked it.

The Weequay is the only definite for me. Lando is likely. Fi-Ek is a maybe, and Luke is probably a no (what's next, "Luke Skywalker: Cut Scene Taking Boots Off"?). Clonetroopers of all shapes and sizes are definite nos.

Clone Troopers have been mined to death, for me. I don't see any compelling reason to buy more. I might buy a new Bacara if they ever release one.

DarkJedi5
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Clone Troopers have been mined to death, for me. I don't see any compelling reason to buy more. I might buy a new Bacara if they ever release one.

What was wrong with this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBD47bacara.asp)?

Obsession is Nute
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
What was wrong with this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBD47bacara.asp)?

Actually, nothing. I totally forgot about that one. Thanks!

bkusna
01-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm ready for this wave now....when is it going to be released?????:lipsrsealed:

JEDIpartner
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing April...?

bigbarada
01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm ready for this wave now....when is it going to be released?????:lipsrsealed:

I'm ready for this wave too! And I still haven't seen waves 4 or 5 yet. I actually want the next two waves to come and go quickly because I don't want any of the figures from either wave. Wave 6 and the upcoming Kithaba-wave (wave 8 I believe) are all that I'm really excited about for this year.

Tauntaunt
01-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I don`t like the prequels Yoda;tried to make him look like Lee van Cleef:

But I still like the Vintage style card.

I also think the Vintage Yoda is the Best:thumbsup:..........

rickantel
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
what about the votc yoda guys?

sebillba
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
what about the votc yoda guys?

It's not a bad figure, but has a terrible sculpt that looks nothing like the character. The best headsculpt is the POTF2 Yoda from the Complete Galaxy (sharper than the regular POTF2 version) - compare this (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/OTC/votc04yodahead.jpg) to this (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/potf2cgyodafr.jpg).

Plus I don't like the lower "skirt" - it's probably just me, but I don't like soft goods that are an integrated part of the figure, I only like them if they can be removed altogether, like a cloak - it doesn't help that they don't match the upper half of the figure.

And talking of soft goods, the cloak from the 1980 vintage figure looked and fitted so much better than this one.

I also dislike the swivel elbows, but unfortunately even the latest ROTS Yoda has also been deprived bj elbows, which is a huge disappointment for a TVC figure.

bkusna
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
carded imageshttp://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=4396

El Chuxter
01-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Solid-looking wave. I'm going to have to get that Fi-Ek fellow after all, methinks.

Surprisingly, the AT-RT Driver looks really sweet. I know I've sworn off all Clonetroopers, but I could see getting that just for GIJoe custom fodder. Or maybe I could leave that helmet off of him and just display him with my Joes (giving him a more real-world gun) as-is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Lando's cape clasp is huuuuge. I'm surprised that the AT-RT Driver looks to be all-new, and looks cooler than I expected. The AOTC clone also looks to have a different body, perhaps using existing parts, but it's not the same as the currently shipping ROTS clones. The rest all look pretty great.

Qui-Long Gone
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
I won't get every figure in this wave, but that doesn't make it less solid.

LTBasker
01-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, Weequay is a definite grab. I was looking forward to General Lando, but the lack of POTF card kills the point. The figure itself has some really weird proportions, they would have been better off rereleasing the Saga/OTC version.

I don't know, may get Luke... My snowspeeder pilot version is staying in the snowspeeder with Dack, so it'd be nice to have a version to keep on a shelf.

bigbarada
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Well, Weequay is a definite grab. I was looking forward to General Lando, but the lack of POTF card kills the point. The figure itself has some really weird proportions, they would have been better off rereleasing the Saga/OTC version.

I don't know, may get Luke... My snowspeeder pilot version is staying in the snowspeeder with Dack, so it'd be nice to have a version to keep on a shelf.

I think it was probably about a year ago that Hasbro stated they had no plans whatsoever to recreate the vintage POTF cards, mainly because they had no intention of ever using coins as a pack-in after the mess they created for themselves in 2007. Thus any POTF figures released in the Vintage Collection would be on corresponding movie cards instead of recreations of the POTF cards.

I actually support the decision, because (even though POTF is my vintage focus) they are probably the least appealing card designs from the entire vintage line. I'm speaking as a graphic designer here, not as a lifelong Star Wars fan. The reference photo is too small, the "Special Collectors Coin" text takes up way too much space (not to mention the plain font fails to generate any excitement whatsoever) and there is just too much black dead-space all over the card front.

So, yeah, I can't wait to see figures like Barada and Amanaman released on ROTJ cards like they should have been back in the vintage days.

Besides wouldn't it be a little weird to have some figures packed with coins and other figures without coins when they all shipped in the same case?

LTBasker
01-26-2011, 09:44 PM
I think it was probably about a year ago that Hasbro stated they had no plans whatsoever to recreate the vintage POTF cards, mainly because they had no intention of ever using coins as a pack-in after the mess they created for themselves in 2007. Thus any POTF figures released in the Vintage Collection would be on corresponding movie cards instead of recreations of the POTF cards.

Yeah, I remember that. I found it weird when General Lando was rumored/announced due to that, and pointed it out in a previous thread, and someone replied saying Hasbro said they would be including the coins. So, I've been waiting for official carded pics for the definitive outcome. It was disappointing, but not surprising.

I actually support the decision, because (even though POTF is my vintage focus) they are probably the least appealing card designs from the entire vintage line. I'm speaking as a graphic designer here, not as a lifelong Star Wars fan. The reference photo is too small, the "Special Collectors Coin" text takes up way too much space (not to mention the plain font fails to generate any excitement whatsoever) and there is just too much black dead-space all over the card front.

That's a fair point, they are far more bland looking. The thing is, it makes me feel as though the idea of them matching any of those released in the vintage line is ultimately pointless then. Even if they manage to make modern versions of all 90-some figures that were carded, it will never truly be complete due to the lack of the POTF set.

Besides wouldn't it be a little weird to have some figures packed with coins and other figures without coins when they all shipped in the same case?

It would be incredibly weird. I always expected, though, that if they wanted to release POTF-carded figures then they would be exclusives or done later on when they may be able to justify the coins. Still, this route is also weird to me, and not really helped by the first one being a figure that appears inferior to its previous incarnation.

bigbarada
01-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I remember that. I found it weird when General Lando was rumored/announced due to that, and pointed it out in a previous thread, and someone replied saying Hasbro said they would be including the coins. So, I've been waiting for official carded pics for the definitive outcome. It was disappointing, but not surprising.

The question was posted in the Hasbro Q&A for CollectionStation.com early last year. Hasbro never once indicated that they might go back to coins, so whoever claimed that Hasbro would include the coins was either misinformed or just talking out of the side of their neck.

That's a fair point, they are far more bland looking. The thing is, it makes me feel as though the idea of them matching any of those released in the vintage line is ultimately pointless then. Even if they manage to make modern versions of all 90-some figures that were carded, it will never truly be complete due to the lack of the POTF set.

Well, if this was a pure recreation of the Kenner vintage line, then I could see your point. However, it's clearly intended to be an expansion of that line. Figures from previous movies were recarded with the current film logo all the time during the vintage days (Darth Vader was released on Star Wars, ESB, 2 ROTJ cards and POTF back in the vintage days). Some people on other forums equate this as tantamount to heresy, but I think it's cool and I'm finding that I get more excited for the TVC figures released on all-new card & photo combinations than I do for those that are just straight recreations of the vintage carded figures.

It would be incredibly weird. I always expected, though, that if they wanted to release POTF-carded figures then they would be exclusives or done later on when they may be able to justify the coins. Still, this route is also weird to me, and not really helped by the first one being a figure that appears inferior to its previous incarnation.

Yeah, I don't want to have to wait until TVC is cancelled to get updates to the "last 15" POTF figures. It would be silly to hold those figures off for at least 2 years because of the cards they were originally released on, when we're already getting figures that were never even available in the vintage Kenner line.

However, just because some of them are being released now in TVC doesn't preclude Hasbro from doing some kind of POTF-carded exclusive set down the road.

As for the figure itself, I think this new version looks to be much better than the Saga version from 2003. I was pretty disappointed in that figure, mainly because of the plastic cape, so I never even bought it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2011, 02:08 AM
It's only been one week since I saw anything from wave 4 for the first time, but tonight my Walmart put out two cases of wave 6. I got the full set minus Lando, who was the only one missing. I also got a Senate Guard, repacked in this wave from wave 4. I'm only half done with wave 4 and still need Yoda from wave 5, so I was a little shocked to see them so soon.

sebillba
03-08-2011, 04:03 AM
I got notification yesterday that my wave 6 figs have been shipped, so I should get them tomorrow. I ordered them all apart from the clone trooper, as I assumed it would just be the old figure with added bj hips and a green helmet, but I read last night (on Jedi Temple Archives) that it's a pretty amazing update, so maybe I should've got one of these as well. Oh well, I'm sure it'll see plenty of re-releases.

Jabbapalacespy
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I hope the Walmarts around here get this wave soon. I've seen only glimpses of waves 4 & 5. Right now the pegs are clogged with clone troopers and sandtroopers. :frus:

tagmac
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM
HTS has them back up again. Just ordered Lando, Luke, Weequay, and Nikto. Use HTS10 for 10% off.

bigbarada
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
I hope the Walmarts around here get this wave soon. I've seen only glimpses of waves 4 & 5. Right now the pegs are clogged with clone troopers and sandtroopers. :frus:

There was actually enough space for a full case of figures in the TVC section at my Walmart, but yesterday I go in there to find that they've cut the TVC shelf space down to one column of pegs to make room for the Pirates of the Caribbean and Thor toy lines. :frus: So now the entire TVC section is jam-packed with nothing Sandtroopers and Clonetroopers.... at $8.96 each. :sad:

sonofsokol
03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I feel your pain BigB, the Walmart I usually go to on my way to work has about 6 each of the ROTS Clone, Sand Trooper, and Darth Vader Emo Anakin.

They keep putting those rubber stoppers on the pegs to keep the figures pushed all the way to the front. I remove them every chance I get to show them that they have plenty of room for a case or 2 of new figures, but they keep just putting on the rubber stoppers back on... Its like the toy people are taking a stand and won't put out anything new until those figures sell.

jamesbondo07
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
They have basically done the same thing at my local walmart. They cut the pegs down to two columns so there is 4 pegs of clone wars 2 pegs of legends and 2 pegs of TVC. Target is also packed with old waves. I don't think I will go hunting anytime soon.

El Chuxter
03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
At least there are Star Wars figures, even if none of us are finding what we want. Wal-Mart seems to have completely dropped GIJoe at most stores. TRU and Target only have the same few older figures, with new figures and army builders being next to impossible to find. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
03-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Saturday I found Weequay, Fi Ek Sirch and Senate Guard at Fred Meyer. I guess I didn't realize the Guard was from the wave 4 since I haven't seen that wave yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I was finally able to open up what I got from this wave last night and, damn, they're fantastic.

The AOTC clone in particular is just great. It might be a little tall, and maybe a bit thin, but it looks pretty much exactly like the armor in the movie. It's hard to tell how awesome it is until you take it out of the package and mess around with it. It's just awesome.

Snowtrooper
03-19-2011, 10:39 PM
My order from HTS showed up a couple of days ago, but I haven't opened them up yet. AOTC Clone, Skiff Master, & Fi-Ek Sirch look the best at thus far. With all the positive comments about the clone, I'll have to pick up another for an opener(wasn't sure if I'd like it so I only got one). The clone's cardback was especially neat looking.

sonofsokol
03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Wave 6 is in stock now at ToysRUs.com

jonthejedi
03-21-2011, 01:21 PM
My Severn SuperWalMart just put out multiple cases of Vintage wave 6 & 5 this am, with more going into the back until the pegs sell down.

Jabbapalacespy
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Found this wave at my Walmart last night :sur: Got Weequay and Fi-Ek Sirch. They are pretty cool figures but is the Weequay supposed to have such an egg-head? :ermm:

sonofsokol
04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Here is a reference shot posted on another website

TheDarthVader
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
If someone finds jango on a good condition card please pick him up for me. He is the only one I want that I can not find. Other than that, I am caught up for now. PM me if you can help. Many thanks!

DarkJedi5
04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I got three of the phase I clone troopers over the weekend and one of them had two right feet and now I'm seeing a report that these are leaving the factory with the belts on upside down. All in all, you may want to check out this figure before you buy it, they seem to be mistake prone?

TheDarthVader
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Have Jango and Zam on the way! I told myself I would not get Zam, but she looks so good.

bigbarada
05-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Well, Friday the 13th turned out to not be so unlucky after all - I found most of Wave 6 at my Walmart last night! The only one missing was the Skiff Master (but I already have a loose one that I bought online weeks ago, so it's not a huge disappointment just yet).

I was a little disappointed in the paint apps for the two Dagobah Lukes that I saw, so I passed on both of them. I ended up buying Fi-Eck-Sirch, General Lando and two of the corrected ESB Stormtroopers. Passed on the AT-RT Driver, just have no use for him. There were two updated Phase 1 Clones and I was very tempted to get them, but the paint apps on the helmets were just a little too sloppy for my tastes. If I'm going to spend $9 on a Prequel character, then the toy needs to be pretty close to perfect.

I'm guessing this was the revision case with the Endor Trooper and BaR2-D2 repacked, since there were two of each of them on the pegs as well.

The Nikto Jedi looks awesome! Lando looks okay, but I'm probably going to keep him carded for now. I really just bought him because I want to have the entire run of TVC ROTJ carded figures.

Oh yeah, the AOTC Obi-Wan was there too, but I've gotten to the point where Prequel Obi-Wan and Anakin figures don't even register for me anymore. The only reason I noticed two Obis was because I had to pull them off the pegs to get to the Stormtroopers.

EDIT: I went ahead and opened the Stormtroopers and Nikto Jedi. The Nikto Jedi is awesome! Great figure, great headsculpt (far better than the Nikto Gunner Hasbro released in 2009), and excellent use of soft goods.

The Stormtroopers and their lopsided helmets are a grave disappointment. Everything else about the figure is great, but they look like they're wearing those cheap Don Post vinyl helmets. If I can't straighten the helmets out, then these two will probably go up for trade here very soon.

jonthejedi
05-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Severn, MD SuperWally just put out tons of Vintage waves 4, 5 & 6 plus CW Colt wave. Happy Sunday!

El Chuxter
05-15-2011, 10:36 AM
I saw some of these the other day. The Weequay was opened. :mad: I considered Fi-Ek Sirch, but he just didn't impress me $9 worth, especially when I remembered he was a resculpt. The first figure was mediocre, but, still, $9. Gotta be pickier when they go up that much. The Lando looked like butt. No, that's insulting to butts. His head looked like it was rejected in 1983.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I saw some of these the other day. The Weequay was opened. :mad: I considered Fi-Ek Sirch, but he just didn't impress me $9 worth, especially when I remembered he was a resculpt. The first figure was mediocre, but, still, $9. Gotta be pickier when they go up that much. The Lando looked like butt. No, that's insulting to butts. His head looked like it was rejected in 1983.
Oh, you and your nonstop hyperbole. :p I'm thinking it's just that you're looking through rose-colored glasses at the old product so you can't be impressed by anything anymore. As seen in this comparison between the figures (http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/basicfigures/VC47/lf28.jpg), the new Lando's likeness, while not perfect, at least gets the general shape of the head much better than the previous ones (as seen in the film here (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070329192917/starwars/images/0/0a/Lando7.jpg)).

Mad Slanted Powers
05-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Oh, you and your nonstop hyperbole. :p I'm thinking it's just that you're looking through rose-colored glasses at the old product so you can't be impressed by anything anymore. As seen in this comparison between the figures (http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/basicfigures/VC47/lf28.jpg), the new Lando's likeness, while not perfect, at least gets the general shape of the head much better than the previous ones (as seen in the film here (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070329192917/starwars/images/0/0a/Lando7.jpg)).
That Lando looks nice in the photo, but I've yet to see that one.

I considered Fi-Ek Sirch, but he just didn't impress me $9 worth, especially when I remembered he was a resculpt. The first figure was mediocre, but, still, $9. Gotta be pickier when they go up that much.Given the improvement in the figure, I'd say it is as worthy of the increase as any other figure. Compare the Fi-Ek Sirch to the prior versions - http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TVC/Basic/VC49FiEckSirch/TVC-1522.jpg.

El Chuxter
05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
That picture does indeed look better, JJL.

The one I saw may have been poorly painted, but it looked awful. I thought it was a sculpt issue, but the image you linked to would indicate it is not. I will definitely concede that this would not be the first time a bad paint application has made an individual figure look worse than the rest of the lot.

If I ever see a second one, I'll decide then whether to get it. :D

Fi-Ek's new figure is definitely a vast improvement. I don't at all deny that. However, for almost twice what the previous figure cost, it's not enough for me, especially since I've mostly given up on AOTC figures. (Yes, I know Barriss is one of my most-wanted figures, and an AOTC resculpt. But she's different. She's hot. :p)

bigbarada
05-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Two more cases of wave 6 showed up at my Walmart last night. Except it looked like one case had been dropped in a puddle of water and left to sit for about half an hour - all the cards were totally soaked through and the bubbles were coming loose on the bottom. Fortunately the second case showed up relatively unscathed. I ended up picking up two Weequay Skiff Masters and two more Fi-Ek Sirch's. Of course one of each is soaking wet, but those will be my openers.

Both Weequays are the short neck variation which is perfect. I ended up with the long necked version when I bought one off the internet a few months ago and it looks horrible. The shorter neck dramatically improves the figure.

I might customize one of the Nikto Jedi into a Nysad figure that doesn't totally suck.

EDIT: Over 15 hours later, those cards are still damp and Fi-Ek Sirch's robe smells like a wet potato sack. lol

JediTricks
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I picked up the Ep 2 Clone and the Skiff Master Weequay at Target earlier this week. Although I had seen both of those figures several times at TRU, their insane pricing held me back from ANY interest in the figures, and I had entirely written off ever buying them really, but seeing these 2 new figures at Target while I was in a buying mood netted sales (nothing could have gotten me to part with $9 for the Barriss Offee they had though, I don't care if she is a wave 7 figure, she's BORING).

Weequay is exactly what I expected, and I really don't think he's worth $9. That's not to say he's a bad figure, but $9 for this? C'mon! There's no surprises except that I didn't realize he had such an elongated head in the back, but no delights, nothing that works better than it looks like it would. It's an ok figure, but it's nothing more, and to be honest there's no "ok" figure in this line worth $9, even if he is long-awaited from the OT. Head movement isn't great, the shoulder joints are bulkier than I'd like, and because of those shoulders and the way the belt is handled, it gives the figure an unintentional hourglass shape rather than having the jacket flow around the arms like it should. The brown color of the jacket is also slightly off, and his shoes are super boring, and his arms are a touch too long, and his head seems a touch too smooth at the top. Those are issues that wouldn't have bothered me 2 years ago when the figures were a more reasonable price, but the little stuff bothers me more and more now that I am being selective because each figure is a massive ripoff.

The Clone is way better than I expected. The helmet looks SO bad in the package because it's sitting too low, the head inside is higher up the neck and the helmet at proper height looks much, much better that way - I would suggest putting a spacer into the helmet to ensure it doesn't drop back down. The helmet doesn't have the side notches painted, but they are sculpted; it does however have the identity marker at the back of the fin painted red (just the tip of the fin basically, but that's how it was in the movie). Both weapons have painted details, although I'm not sure they're accurate, they do look good, they class up pieces we've seen before. The body is all new, and way better than that crappy one we've been suffering for nearly a decade. This isn't puffy and round and bulky, it's sleek and tight, and the shoulders use internal hinges instead of external ones. The shoulders stick out a touch more than the movie design, but it's a far better cry than what we had. The only issue I have is that the elbow armor is sculpted high up, above the joint, when really it should be part of the lower arm if it can't be in the middle. Jointing is great, especially the new torso joint that is closer together and yet has better motion. The hip joints stick out only a little bit, they aren't ugly the way the recent Stormtrooper and ROTS Clone hip joints have been, here the armor is sculpted higher so the area looks natural, but it still has motion - FINALLY! The ankle joints are a touch too high up, but they still work fine. I would like to see a way to get the upper arms slightly closer to the body for a cleaner standing pose, but it's a really minor thing. The white plastic looks good, and unlike the recent troopers I just mentioned, the helmet matches pretty well to the rest of the figure in color and texture. The helmet doesn't have the lower collar/ring/lip, I don't think that'd be possible on a removable-helmet version, but I don't like that lower collar anyway. Aside from the side notches on the helmet, the stomach panel is missing paint for the tiny dots, but again, it doesn't feel like a big deal here. It's taken them long enough to get these things right, but I'm glad they're starting to pay attention to this stuff on Clones and R2 bodies. That said, at $9 a pop, I doubt I'll buy much more of this figure, I don't love the sad-puppy helmet design and I have a bunch of the older ones, it's just to the point where the value is really cutting razor thin even on a good figure like this.

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks to TRU's awesome 2 SW figures for $11 sale, I have bought 6 more of the Ep 2 Trooper.

Also, HTS had Dagobah pilot Luke and General Lando on preorder yesterday so I pulled the trigger there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks to TRU's awesome 2 SW figures for $11 sale, I have bought 6 more of the Ep 2 Trooper.
I cleared them out of the guys and got eight, bringing my total of this figure up to ten (despite already having too many of the previous mold to even really fit on my shelves. :p ). If the Utapau troopers didn't all have yellow helmets, I would have gotten more of those as well.

bigbarada
08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm actually pretty surprised at how awesome of a figure the Ep2 Clonetrooper is. Definitely glad I picked one up and I might buy a couple more.

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I wanted to leave 2 behind for anybody else who wanted them at each store I found them. I don't love the sad puppy helmet, although I've grown to appreciate it a little in the last few years since I reviewed the prop replica version (I had to send it back :(). I was never in love with the original SA Phase 1 Clone figure, it was good but so very marshmallowy and flawed in a few ways. I bought a lot of the Phase 2 version though, and was considering swapping removable helmets onto these TVC Phase 1 figures, but that is a dangerous addiction to get started on. :p

JediTricks
08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
HTS finally delivered my last 2 figures from this wave, Lando and Dagobah Luke.

Dagobah Luke has a great new head sculpt on top of the fairly good snowspeeder pilot body. The head's deco and sculpt are very good at the hair, the eyes are a little too "sleepy" but otherwise good, there's a little age on the figure but it's really recognizable overall. The upper torso remains unchanged despite the character photo on the card showing the inner tunic's collar open, and it does make a little difference, but for a repurposed figure it's decent enough. The lower torso has a new "skirt" which includes a gunbelt that slips over the right thigh, it works well enough and looks decent. I do have 2 problems with this figure though: the orange deco is way too bright again, and because of the plastic used it's also slightly translucent which makes it look cheap. The other issue is that the new forearms are too long and it's awkward, almost primate-like. I guess I have 1 more issue I just realized, the helmet is a little large and still decorated very cleanly. Overall, it's a decent figure, but not quite as good as it could have been.

Lando General is all-new (his lower body gets reused for Han Bespin in the next wave, including the odd boots that don't seem accurate to either character) and has a decent sculpt, but doesn't feel outstanding in any way. The headsculpt at first looks really off, but the details are there, it's just that the eyes are painted without enough warmth, for Lando the character likeness is more in the eyes and that "inner light" he carries, so by losing that the whole thing gets thrown slightly off. From the side, the head looks a little jowly due to an extra helping of chin just before the cutaway to the ball joint. The outfit is good but not outstanding, especially the wrist computer which is very plain. The figure has his working chest holster, it's really supposed to be a shoulder holster but the accessory is too big so it's a little far forward, but it's not bad. The biggest thing this figure has going is the cape, it's a little too long, too blue, and the band holding it closed is a thick piece of elastic, all of which add up to a cape that should be total crap, but the quality material used, a restrained cut and a little futzing salvage it into an adequate costume piece - not great, but not as bad as its recipe suggests it should be. As for the lower body, I still don't love the rather unattractive sculpt to the jointing system at the hips, but the functionality is there. Packaging goes for the ROTJ card look instead of the POTF1 look shown on the back, and the back incorrectly shows the year for that POTF1 figure as 1983 when it was really '85. All in all, Lando General is a fair figure, but hard to get excited about at this $9 pricepoint even if they had gotten the cape dead perfect.

Tycho
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I wasn't going to, but now that I've seen him in stores, I may buy that Dagobah Landing Luke.