PDA

View Full Version : new beast assortment?

buba-fatt
08-26-2001, 01:14 AM
Since Hasbro is resorting back to an abandoned idea with the deluxe figures, would it be feasable to finish out the beast assortment as well? In other threads, there has been discussion of a POTF 2 ROTJ Jabba that is mysteriously absent from any assortment. My thoughts are that he should not be packed with a redo of an existing figure. Instead package him with the fat dancer or some more obscure but noticable character. Now, the other 2 beasts would take some imagination on Hasbro's part, since we didnt see much of the swamp creature from Dagobah or the dianoga. These 2 would more or less have to be packed with redo figures of stormy Luke and R2 but they could both use a resculpt anyway. Criticize this post as you feel necessary but remember, I'm just a lowly ditch digger.

JediCole
08-26-2001, 01:50 AM
Buba Fatt has some solid ideas here, but if Hasbro is to do Jabba justice, it must be in the context of a "super-deluxe" figure. The size restrictions of the "Beast Assortment" packaging severely restrict the size, accuracy, and most importantly accessories that would accompany the mighty Jabba.
I have stated my proposal for an ideal Jabba "super-deluxe" figure on other threads, so I will not repeat that here. However I will simply point out that should Hasbro wish to revive the Beast Assortment, Jabba warrents the price point of the Deluxe Beast Assortment (Bantha and Rancor). You need an accuratly scaled throne that pulls no punches and leaves nothing out, and there is simply not room in the little Beast Assortment boxes.

evenflow
08-27-2001, 09:07 AM
They could do it though, and it would rock!!!!!!! They HAVE to do a ROTJ Jabba the Hutt. It just has to be done, yet I am amazed that they have yet to do it. They need to include Jabba (obviously), base, pipe, bowl, frogs, sitting Salacious Crumb, Herat the fanning Jawa, and Yarna D'al Gargan pack -in.

As for the second beast, i think it would be really cool to see a monstrous Dianoga. (Trash compactor monster). It would have to include the trash, and all the other stuff in there, and like a little playset where the walls can close in.

Come on, these two would rock as a deluxe beast assortment.

Lobito
08-27-2001, 08:43 PM
I use the EP 1 jabba with blob to display it in the Jabbas palace diorama. It looks pretty good!!

As for the Dianoga creature im up for it.

ThomasLane
09-07-2001, 11:25 AM
Was the blob Jabba an Ep.1 toy? I thought he was POTF, and the spitting Jabba was Ep.1.

The Jabba blob looks pretty good, but he is way too small...
The Ep.1 Jabba just looks like crap (and only a handful of them ever materialized anyway)

The SE Jabba can be modified so his torso is aligned properly for the palace scene, but the color is all wrong, and he just doesn't have that "gelatinous blob" look that he needs.

I would love a "proper" Jabba.

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 03:45 PM
I would love a new Jabba figure, as well. Hey Hasbro! Are you paying attention?

Rollo Tomassi
03-30-2002, 03:55 AM
A new Beast assortment for the OT could include:

A. Krayt Dragon.
B. Dianoga w trash compactor playset.
C. Pack of Womp rats with Jundland waste playset (like vintage land of jawas playset)
D. Jabba on his dias with hookah and bowl of frogs.

Lord Tenebrous
03-30-2002, 02:44 PM
This talk is all and good, but there's one thing I want...

Dejarik Creature 2-pack!

Assortment 1

1. Grimtaash the Molator and Houjix
2. Mantellian Savrip and Ng'ok

Assortment 2

1. Kintan Strider and Ghhhk
2. Monnok and K'lor'slug

There were only so many times they could redo Jabba before I gave up, and I've given up. I say just tweak the vintage version [w/dias, etc] and reissue it. It wasn't bad at all.

Jargo
03-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Dianoga with han and Luke stormtrooper disguise (commtech stylee)
Shyerba with Cantina informant
Dewback with Pacithhip trader
Ikopi and Nuna with Gungan Rep
Shaak and Mott with Gungan civillian
Gardulla the hutt with Diva Funquita
Jabba the Hutt with pipe and bowl on dias
3PO with krayt dragon skeleton (to be accompanied by R2 and escape pod)
Falumpaset with Boss Nass seated on parade saddle
Gorax with Wicket :crazed: J/K

Bosskman
04-04-2002, 04:30 PM
ROTJ Jabba
Falumpaset with Boss Nass
Ikopi with Mott and Nuna
Gardulla with Diva Funquita
Jabba (TPM) with Bib Fortuna
Flying Whale thing from Kamino with Kaminoan Rider
Geonosian Picador with mount

Jargo
04-13-2002, 05:10 PM
Hell yeah! The Orray beast with mounted Geonosian. maybe with the cart too. But don't just do a falumpaset gungan jobbie and only pack half a figure fixed onto the beast or something. Make the figure seperate and give it plenty of articulation to sit and pose properly. Don't mind if his legs are fixed in a seated position but give him arms and a waist that work.
The Orray should be articulated at the hips and shoulders and the head. Give it an opening jaw too.

The Aiwha flying whale is a must. This ties into Bespin, Alderaan and Kamino so you have to do this creature. Give him real feel rubber wings that have wires in them so that they can be bent into flying positions and give the head articulation The sadle can be molded onto that one. Pack it with a Kaminoan and Bingo! :)

JediIan
05-07-2002, 09:10 PM
oh no, i did not see anyone in favor of the Dejarik game pieces.......:( What we REALLY need is a new Jabba, of course everyone has already said that, another thing i personally would like to see as far as beast assortments go, is a Crate Dragon, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE SKELETON IN THE MOVIE!!! i dont even care if its MEGA DELUXE one, i just really really want one of those things.

Rogue II
05-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by JediIan
oh no, i did not see anyone in favor of the Dejarik game pieces.......:( What we REALLY need is a new Jabba, of course everyone has already said that, another thing i personally would like to see as far as beast assortments go, is a Crate Dragon, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE SKELETON IN THE MOVIE!!! i dont even care if its MEGA DELUXE one, i just really really want one of those things.

You mean Krayt Dragon. Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I think it should come with Sgt Dolyan. I read somewhere he went to Tatooine to hunt them.

I doubt they would make him as large as it should be. Hasbro tends to make the larger objects (usually ships) smaller than they are supposed to. But, I doubt that would stop anyone from buying it.

I like Jargo's list. A new Jabba is the most important, but his ideas for the R2 and 3PO are great. I'm going to have to look up some of those beasts.

RooJay
05-08-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm down with the creatures from the Dejarik game! Then again, I'm down for seeing ANYTHING Star Wars made into a toy! Movies, EU, Holiday Special!

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 12:56 AM
" The Great Sarlacc "(though couldn't make the whole thing since it's HUGE!)

Asteroid Space Slug J/K. :p

Baby Bantha (from the herd scene in ROTJ)

The thing that eats R2-D2 on Dagobah.

Electronic Eopie (have it make farting noises) LOL!

Jargo
05-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Scurrier rodent 3-pack with sandtrooper variant
Wampa with dead Tauntaun 'hank' (that's a chunk of meat for the uninitiated :) )
love the baby Bantha idea. Could pack with a Tusken raider tent to help establish a Tusken encampment.
The Sarlaacc would be easy to do as a beast. It's basically just an open mouth. The pit would be harder to achieve and puts it into playset territory. There's a Freudian theory involved in why the Sarlaacc isn't a good idea as a toy but I'll leave that for a different discussion. :)

underdog25
05-08-2002, 05:25 PM
The Great Sarlacc would be a cool one! Package it with a skiff and all the guys on the second skiff. Maybe even have boba fett being pulled into it? Awsome. A new Jabba is in order too. Not just the base and guys on it, how about a whole throne room? One with all his associates, 50 plus figures. Come to think of it, someone should just let FAO know of the idea and they can sell them in a limited edition of 20 to commemorate the 20th anniversery of ROTJ and charge $1,500 each. Come on Hasbro let em' have it.

dingodad
05-12-2002, 12:38 PM
If Hasbro was to do a sarlacc, you know that they would make it out of cardboard like the diarama sets (cantina, jabbas palace) and it would be packaged with a redone figure that we dont need like luke or lando.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Maybe they could pack the Sarlacc with "Scream like a girlie man" Boba Fett figure.

But I would prefer a Weequay variant or Kithaba figure. And perhaps a way to set up the Skiffs on it's edge and a Sail barge whenever they get around to making it.