PDA

View Full Version : Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot (Echo Base)

Gothiczartan
01-12-2011, 10:30 AM
http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Finds%2FDagobah_Luke%2F&pic=03.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Now we know there is going to be a Dagobah Landing Luke

Luke was seen in the echo base in his snowspeeder pilot gear without a thermal cap and still has his gloves on, he gets a hug from Chewbacca and goes to han solo, he was seen hoping in a snowspeeder with dack in it.

when this figure gets released

a head swap can do a trick

Head: TVC luke dagobah landing
Arms: TLC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot
Body: TVC Luke dagobah landing
Legs: TLC Luke Snowspeeder pilot

now you got yourself a luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot (echo base)

that will show hasbro that luke echo base needs a figure with a simple retooling just head and body swaps.

Mister Roboto
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
With all the characters that either don't have figures yet or sculpts that need updates, why on earth would anyone want another Luke? It would take away a spot in the line-up. Hasbro has made more than enough pilot Lukes over the years and there is no reason for them to make a for every costume variation that made the screen for 3 seconds.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
With all the characters that either don't have figures yet or sculpts that need updates, why on earth would anyone want another Luke? It would take away a spot in the line-up. Hasbro has made more than enough pilot Lukes over the years and there is no reason for them to make a for every costume variation that made the screen for 3 seconds.
1. Gothiczartan's boner for snowspeeder pilots is, by this point, legendary.
2. A figure like this, or even the Dagobah Landing version, doesn't "take away a spot in the line-up," at least not from an actual all-new figure. Tooling costs are extremely expensive, so slight upgrades that only require a few new pieces to sculpt and tool mean that Hasbro can take the money saved and spend it elsewhere on the line.

bigbarada
01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I think we should at least wait until the new Dagobah Landing Luke arrives in stores before we start petitioning for another version of the same outfit.

I just wonder what's next on Gothiczartan's list if Hasbro actually does make the Chewie-Lovin' Luke? Maybe the plain, orange jumpsuit "Take care, sir" Luke from the Echo Base medical room, just before the Hoth Battle (zipped and unzipped variations, of course)?

Gothiczartan
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I think we should at least wait until the new Dagobah Landing Luke arrives in stores before we start petitioning for another version of the same outfit.

I just wonder what's next on Gothiczartan's list if Hasbro actually does make the Chewie-Lovin' Luke? Maybe the plain, orange jumpsuit "Take care, sir" Luke from the Echo Base medical room, just before the Hoth Battle (zipped and unzipped variations, of course)?

I mean as for figure two pack or battle packs with luke without thermal cap head and with gloved hands snowspeeder pilot

bigbarada
01-13-2011, 09:24 PM
I mean as for figure two pack or battle packs with luke without thermal cap head and with gloved hands snowspeeder pilot

I understand what you are asking for, but you have to realize that we just got an all-new Snowspeeder Luke in 2009, rereleased in 2010, and now retooled for 2011. Let's let Hasbro work on some other versions of Luke (Hoth Luke!) before we start asking for a third version of this same outfit so quickly.

We all have different priorities in collecting. For instance, I really want SA figures of both Kithaba AND Barada; but I'm going to wait until Kithaba is released and has been in my collection for a little while before I just jump right into campaigning for a Barada resculpt. I also understand that not everyone has Skiff Guards as the top priority of their collecting focus, so not everyone is going to feel that a new Barada figure is even going to be necessary.

Gothiczartan
01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
I understand what you are asking for, but you have to realize that we just got an all-new Snowspeeder Luke in 2009, rereleased in 2010, and now retooled for 2011. Let's let Hasbro work on some other versions of Luke (Hoth Luke!) before we start asking for a third version of this same outfit so quickly.

We all have different priorities in collecting. For instance, I really want SA figures of both Kithaba AND Barada; but I'm going to wait until Kithaba is released and has been in my collection for a little while before I just jump right into campaigning for a Barada resculpt. I also understand that not everyone has Skiff Guards as the top priority of their collecting focus, so not everyone is going to feel that a new Barada figure is even going to be necessary.

I remember in a Q&A mention about a luke snowspeeder pilot with no thermal cap.

all we now going to get a no thermal cap luke only as a dagobah landing and no gloves.

let's see how the 2009 luke snowspeeder pilot sells and think about a possible luke no cap and still gloves on for battle back set in the future after dagobah luke sells.

DarkArtist
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
ok so at first I was thinking this was going to be an easy pass for me. I mean it's really just a Pilot Luke without the gloves really. after seeing some more detailed pics on various websites i think I might bite the bullet and get him. not 100% at the moment I'm about 50% there (depends on the finances and the look of the figure when it hits retail) but early pics are promising. love the look of the cardback but since i no longer collect carded figures not sure if that will be the deciding factor in getting him.

decisions decisions decisions.

also as faz as releasing another Snowspeeder Luke without cap, with cap, no gloves with gloves. why not just swap the heads of the figures and there you have it. I have to agree there are more important figures to come first before a minor costume change figure. I mean i still have my pilot luke from the first wave of Vintage figures piloting the snowspeeder, X-Wing etc. I mean minor costume tweaks are not a priority to me.

bigbarada
01-28-2011, 02:41 PM
ok so at first I was thinking this was going to be an easy pass for me. I mean it's really just a Pilot Luke without the gloves really. after seeing some more detailed pics on various websites i think I might bite the bullet and get him. not 100% at the moment I'm about 50% there (depends on the finances and the look of the figure when it hits retail) but early pics are promising. love the look of the cardback but since i no longer collect carded figures not sure if that will be the deciding factor in getting him.

decisions decisions decisions.

also as faz as releasing another Snowspeeder Luke without cap, with cap, no gloves with gloves. why not just swap the heads of the figures and there you have it. I have to agree there are more important figures to come first before a minor costume change figure. I mean i still have my pilot luke from the first wave of Vintage figures piloting the snowspeeder, X-Wing etc. I mean minor costume tweaks are not a priority to me.

Yeah, I would love to see an all new Hoth Luke or Jabba's Palace Luke before we get to yet another version of X-wing/Snowspeeder Pilot Luke.