PDA

View Full Version : Target 2-packs on clearance

El Chuxter
01-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Didn't see a thread on these anywhere. I got my daughter Cad Bane vs (?) IG-86 last night for $3.74. The back of the package looks like there's also a 2-pack of Senate Guards, but I didn't see that one.

I'm of the mind that figures for less than $3 apiece are impossible to argue against getting for a kid unless there's been some serious misbehavior involved. I have to admit that, as mediocre he seemed on the one episode of the show I saw with him, Cad Bane is an inspired design. Unfortunately, she wanted to keep the IG-86; I did offer to give him a home with my figures, but she decided he'd be more comfortable with her FX-7. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I'd seen them for about $10 (down from the $14.99 original price, IIRC) for the last couple of weeks. If they're that low, I might snag 'em (the Senate Guards one looked okay, too).

Chuxter, your daughter is just channeling her inner Kenner figure memories; recall that the first 1980 wave had only two droids: IG-88 and FX-7.

[edit] Saw them in the SW aisle at one Target today; odd that all but one were $7.98. The one that was $3.78 was at the end of the aisle. I passed. No Senate Guards set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
The Senate Guards set had two new figures, so those went a lot more quickly than did the Cad Bane set. The IG-86 is slightly different from the two other gray ones they already released (the backpack's color is the main difference) but it's less interesting since the IG-86 droids who work with Cad Bane are a completely different, much more vibrant color scheme (similar to the Ziro's Assassin Droid figure; actually, I think one might be identical).

Given the slight color difference, I didn't bite at $15, but I think I will have to if I see it for $3.

El Chuxter
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I have to say, based only on my limited knowledge of Clone Wars figures, that Bane the Cad was pretty weak in comparison to the others. He's not horrible, but his articulation seems a bit lacking.

The IG-86, though, blew me away. I went to two other Targets to see if I could find another set to get one for myself. No luck. If I'd found one, I probably would've used Cad for spare parts and kept that witchin' IG droid.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I have to say, based only on my limited knowledge of Clone Wars figures, that Bane the Cad was pretty weak in comparison to the others. He's not horrible, but his articulation seems a bit lacking.

The IG-86, though, blew me away. I went to two other Targets to see if I could find another set to get one for myself. No luck. If I'd found one, I probably would've used Cad for spare parts and kept that witchin' IG droid.
A lot of the earlier main character figures had little articulation, while army builders had a lot more. For now, at least, most tend to fall on the super-articulated side, though I guess they'll be moving away from that in the future.

Darth Awgmon
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Found two of the Bane/IG packs at Target today for $3.74 and got both. Now I have two badass IG droids for myself. One Bane will go to my 4 year old son, the other is trade bait. I already have a single card loose as my go-to Cad Bane.

I never really bought any Clone Wars figures until the last 2 or 3 months. I have to say that they have grown on me. I like the variety of clones available. Also, many of the Jedi and bounty hunters look awesome (Quinlan Vos, Shaak Ti, new Yoda, Mace Windu, young Boba Fett, Aurra Sing), even when placed next to the "real-world character" figures. I really like the clone wars battle droid body as well.

DarkArtist
01-28-2011, 11:30 AM
by me they are all still full price. :( would love to get the Senate Commando's as well as the Hostage Crisis and Hidden enemy battlepacks if they ever go on sale.