PDA

View Full Version : Pod pilots

mylow thehutt
03-03-2002, 08:05 PM
:) I heard about the pod pilots two pack awhile back, but what happen to them! were they cancelled? or comming out this year?

i just played the racers revenage,and wattos got a pod racer!? but they got some cool dudes on that game,do you think they will release figs based on the games? Hope so.:cool:

mylow thehutt
03-04-2002, 03:20 PM
:confused: Ok? did everyone go home for the holidays,info please.:(

Beast
03-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Last thing I heard on these is was they were kicking around the idea at Hasbro, but nothing ever came of it. I think it's a great idea, and hopefully if those rumored 25th Anniversary Cantina Aliens 2-packs come out and are a hit, they will consider doing the Pod Pilots and Jabba's Palace sets as well. I'm always up for buying minor alien charecters, and I think a series of 2-packs of them would be a big hit.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
03-04-2002, 07:37 PM
:) sweet,thanx Jar-Jar.

Jargo
03-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Actually mylow, they never were pod pilots. it was listed as poracer two pack. Which could have been Kitster and Wald, Ann and Tann gela the twi'lek masseuse, it could have been any of the pod racers themselves in combinations, it could have been pod racer mechanics. So there was never a definite tag on who it was supposed to be.

My guess is that with a couple of the pod pilots and the twi'lek masseuse cropping up in the fan choice polls they had all of those choices in the design stage ready to go should any of them win the poll. it looked for a while like Ann Gela would win this last poll but instead Ephant mon did. Now, if they weren't expecting Ephant mon to win.... most likely hasbro just didn't think we'd go for Ephant and didn't have him designed then. This is why he's taken so long to show up at all. With only the initial design artwork showing up on the hasbro website just the other week it doesn't look like they've even started to sculpt him yet.

But at the end of the day, we may still see all the figures from all the polls ver the next couple of years. They were all good choices and thee was support for all of them. hopefully the podrace pilots will be among them. I'm hoping for teemto Pagalies the dog faced one. ;)

Beast
03-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
But at the end of the day, we may still see all the figures from all the polls ver the next couple of years. They were all good choices and thee was support for all of them. hopefully the podrace pilots will be among them. I'm hoping for teemto Pagalies the dog faced one. ;)
Most likely, since we already got Eeth Koth, and he was on the very first fan choice poll. And hopefully we should get Even Piell and Oppo Rancisis this year or next. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
03-04-2002, 08:50 PM
:) I'm still hopeing they make the ones from the video games,them guys are sweet!:stupid:

SithDroid
03-04-2002, 11:30 PM
I think that they should release the actual Podracers with their actual pods. I know that the Anakin and Sebulba Pods didn't sell that well and were eventually clearenced down to $8, but I'd like to have all of them so that someday I can make a huge Podracing Arena Diorama. I think Hasbro could do it and charge $15 a pod. Ah, this is the dream anyway.

LTBasker
03-05-2002, 01:18 AM
Well the Anakin pod which they over-packed, was kinda boring even though pretty much to scale, it's still only Anakin and so it wasn't that interesting. However had they done Sebulba and his pod correctly and not packed it only 1 per case which were put out a whole lot, they would've most likely sold alot more.

Jargo
03-05-2002, 07:05 AM
I'd love to get Gasgano's pod. Ody mandrell's pod was huge so there's be a compromise in scale there like with Sebulba's.

Teemto Pagalies with his more circular upright pod cockpit would be different and visually cool. There's loads of scope for play features like crash damage. I love the smaller characters so the pods were great for me.

Funny thing was, we were swamped with the episode one pods over here, but I waited until they hit clearance. Down from 30 to 5. Bargain! But we definately could do with a couple more pods and pilots because I'm fed up of looking at just the two and what kind of race can you have with just two pods? :(

they could release the pod recovery droid to go with the new pods. That'd be cool. :)

evenflow
03-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I don't think we will be getting any, for a while at least. I think they will less focus on Episode I for a while until AOTC cools down. Then possibly.

As for other figures from the fan choice polls, i think that we will be getting one from the second fan choice. We got eeth koth and he was on the first one. I am hoping that we get Yareal Poof. He could be included in the next deluxe wave the Ephant Man will most likely be in. I hope that is what happens.

squee666
03-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I can't imagine hasbro releasing these figures until they've done alot of the other characters from the original trilogy. Persoonally, I'm really routing for the Cantina two-packs. I'ts so frustrating, only getting two a year, while they make so many resculpts of Obi-wan. I'm voting for the return of cinema scenes. Then we could get three pod racers, or cantina aliens at a time. Wishful thinking i guess.

Rollo Tomassi
03-06-2002, 02:06 PM
A Mawhonic Pod would be nice also. I 'd want them to make some more podracers before they crank out Needa's Imperial TIE shuttle.