PDA

View Full Version : The woman who fell into the fountain whilst texting may sue mall.

JEDIpartner
01-20-2011, 02:40 PM
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOBZmNVgOz0)

OK... this is a perfect example of the stupidity of an unfortunately growing segment of the American population today. A), what was so amazing that she HAD to text someone whilst walking around the mall? B), She couldn't hear the rushing water getting louder? C-Z), It's your own fault, you stupid slag!!!!
:whip:

El Chuxter
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
I saw the video and wondered how determinedly she had to be walking. She didn't notice when a solid object (the wall of the fountain) impeded her path and continued going?

Idiot.

El Chuxter
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
And I say "Idiot" knowing full well that was Slicker's Mom.

JEDIpartner
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I saw the video and wondered how determinedly she had to be walking. She didn't notice when a solid object (the wall of the fountain) impeded her path and continued going?

Idiot.

And I say "Idiot" knowing full well that was Slicker's Mom.

Seriously, if I'd been at the mall and had witnessed that, I would've stood there laughing at her and telling her what a dumba** she was. She'd get no help from me unless something was clearly broken or she was bleeding. The only thing bruised is her overinflated, entitled ego.

"Slicker's mom"... hee hee hee.

El Chuxter
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Watching it again, how was the woman embarrassed? She's completely unrecognizable in the video. The only way anyone would know it was her would be if she contacted a lawyer and talked to reporters... oh, wait.

D'OH!

Maerj2000
01-20-2011, 05:01 PM
What's really funny is that she works at the mall ;) That was at the Berkshire Mall in Reading, PA. Its about 20 minutes away from my house. Nice to see someone local become famous besides John & Kate plus Eight.

JediTricks
01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
If she wins this lawsuit, they'll be crafting a "no texting while walking" law. I'd prefer she just lose the lawsuit, and it makes the news, and people who make these sorts of stupid choices think twice. Or once even.

Maerj2000
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't think this will go too far as it was due to her own stupidity. I just read somewhere that she is a convicted felon, stole credit cards and might have to be on house arrest. Oh yeah and she was texting someone from church. Yeah right.

JediTricks
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
"Sup Gzus, pls watch over me and dont let me fall on my face on camer-0z23rf!"

bigbarada
01-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I love how GMA kept replaying the video, laughing soundtrack and all, while this lady is talking about how nobody took her feelings into consideration. :D

Anyways, I can kind of understand the argument that mall security should not have allowed the video to be recorded and posted on YouTube. Everybody does stupid things every once in a while, but it doesn't mean that we deserve to be publicly humiliated for it.

morpheus282
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
It looks to me like her pace changed dramatically with that last step that took her into the fountain, almost like she saw the rim of the fountain coming and tried to step into it...

But no one would ever have a reason to do that.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
They will now be required to put a warning label on the fountain. Or someone will create an app to warn you of obstacles within a three-foor radius of your phone.

OC47150
01-20-2011, 08:44 PM
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOBZmNVgOz0)

OK... this is a perfect example of the stupidity of an unfortunately growing segment of the American population today. A), what was so amazing that she HAD to text someone whilst walking around the mall? B), She couldn't hear the rushing water getting louder? C-Z), It's your own fault, you stupid slag!!!!
:whip:

I have to agree. I have no sympathy for her. Look up from your texting, lady!!!

We live in a sue-crazy society.

Slicker
01-20-2011, 09:33 PM
She must be horrible at that phone. I can text and drive no problem and she can't even walk and text?!

dr_evazan22
01-21-2011, 12:40 AM
I hope the lawsuit gets thrown out, not that she loses the suit. No one came to her aid? She practically booked from the scene as quick as she could; the only people that looked like they witnessed it is a couple of guys that walked by, they were probably trying to hold back the laughter. If she had appeared to be hurt I'm sure they would have rendered aid, or gotten it. As for the mall cops posting the video, who cares? There was no way to identify her from what was shown. And besides, she admitted it was funny.

Snowtrooper
01-21-2011, 12:49 AM
What should happen is the lawsuit should get thrown out and her lawyer should have to pay the court costs and the cost of the malls lawyers for having to defend this ridiculous lawsuit.

JediTricks
01-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I love how GMA kept replaying the video, laughing soundtrack and all, while this lady is talking about how nobody took her feelings into consideration. :D

Anyways, I can kind of understand the argument that mall security should not have allowed the video to be recorded and posted on YouTube. Everybody does stupid things every once in a while, but it doesn't mean that we deserve to be publicly humiliated for it.Those are the risks we take when we do humiliating things in public.

If nothing else, this is a life lesson for everybody else - don't do obviously stupid crap without at least giving a cursory look to your surroundings.

JEDIpartner
01-21-2011, 09:08 AM
What should happen is the lawsuit should get thrown out and her lawyer should have to pay the court costs and the cost of the malls lawyers for having to defend this ridiculous lawsuit.

I think any lawyer who takes friv cases like these to a court should be disbarred. :whip:

The thing is that she was anonymous to pretty much everyone. We were all laughing at the nameless person who stupidly fell into the fountain whilst texting. Now we all know what her name is 'cos she wants some more attention. This is partially the product of reality shows providing a living for stupid people, wh**es, the classless and the attention-seeking and it's exactly why we should stop watching these shows and giving them a paycheque!

JEDIpartner
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM
O, ho (emphasis on "ho")!! So, now it looks like Fountain Lady is faced with charges of five felony counts, including theft by deception and receiving stolen property!!! I love the things that come out about these people when they are seeking fame and are too stupid to realise that they have a record that will also be exposed throughout the whole process!!!

She's been out on bail since 2009 'cos she charged up over $5000 in purchases on a colleague's credit card.

The best news is that she's facing six months of house arrest (no fountain problems I suspect... unless part of that $5000 purchase included one) and an ankle monitor!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Now, I'm no lawyer (yet, but I am halfway through law school) but my impression of this is that she's fishing for a settlement. I'm not sure what her case is built upon but she could throw in all kinds of charges about the mall security violating her privacy by posting this online, not helping or investigating after her fall (it sounds like she stuck around the mall for a while and if she had received some head trauma the mall's insurance would be on the hook), and simply the fact that the fountain was placed in such a place or designed in such a way that people fall in.

I can almost guarantee this case will not make it to trial because as everyone has pointed out, it's ridiculous. Even when this does settle it won't be for very much because it is mostly her fault, the fountain has a considerable lip around it and she's the only one to have fallen in (cause no one else is running forward with a similar story to try and milk this thing).

I'd also like to point out that her previous criminal record most likely would not be introduced as evidence unless the attorney for the mall wants to play dirty and try to impeach her character on cross examination (which the judge may not even allow since the only crimes you can use to paint some one as a liar are things like perjury and other crimes of "truthfulness").

I now realize this post is probably way overboard and I apologize for wasting the cyber ink.

Snowtrooper
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
The problem is she and her lawyer are going to get money out of this when they settle and thats wrong. The mall or the insurance company is going to have to cough up cash for something that is her fault. There needs to be some kind of consequences for lawyers who take frivilous cases like this otherwise this sort of thing will continue and get worse.

JEDIpartner
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
The problem is she and her lawyer are going to get money out of this when they settle and thats wrong. The mall or the insurance company is going to have to cough up cash for something that is her fault. There needs to be some kind of consequences for lawyers who take frivilous cases like this otherwise this sort of thing will continue and get worse.

You're my new best friend... :love:

Neuroleptic
01-21-2011, 03:52 PM
You know, after watching the video, I don't think the reason she wants to sue is because she fell in the pond at the mall. From the video, I got the impression she knows that was really stupid of her.

I think the reason she wants to sue is because the employees posted the video of it on the internet on youtube for the entire world to see when this woman screwed up.

I hate to be the voice of decent here, but in that respect, I think maybe she should sue them.

I think it was Big B that said it earlier, everyone does something truly stupid atleast once. Do we really want the entire freaking world to know about it?

El Chuxter
01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Except that NO ONE would be able to tell who she is if she didn't come forward. Even if it was wrong of them to post it, she's downright stupid to admit it was her when no one can tell. Even the security guards make a comment about her going back to shopping, so they obviously didn't know her, either.

JEDIpartner
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I think the reason she wants to sue is because the employees posted the video of it on the internet on youtube for the entire world to see when this woman screwed up.

I hate to be the voice of decent here, but in that respect, I think maybe she should sue them.

Yeah... but she was "unidentified shopper" until she came forward. That idiot could've been ANYONE. The video isn't clear enough for anyone to see who it was. So... there's the flaw to your rationale.

TeeEye7
01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Is her real name Lilly Padd?

Qui-Long Gone
01-21-2011, 08:10 PM
I think if you are stupid enough to fall into a fountain while texting and sue, then I'm certain if you win that lawsuit, you'll also be stupid enough to lose that money to a Nigerian scam!

What a tool.

We need to find her and scam her...while texting.

JEDIpartner
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Is her real name Lilly Padd?

:love:

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
You know, we all might be included in the suit for adding to her mental anguish.
"The woman who fell into the fountain whilst texting may sue 'em all."

JEDIpartner
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd punch her in the boobs if she tried.

Maerj2000
01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
A pal o' mine said there is a sign in front of the mall which reads: Lifeguard Wanted. I have been considering going there, finding her, and following her while pointing and laughing. Others have probably beat me to it though.

bigbarada
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I guess if Stieg Larsson was still alive he could make this into a sequel to his Millenium Trilogy:

Book 1 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Book 2 - The Girl Who Played with Fire
Book 3 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Book 4 - The Girl Who Fell into the Fountain While Texting

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
I guess if Stieg Larsson was still alive he could make this into a sequel to his Millenium Trilogy:

Book 1 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Book 2 - The Girl Who Played with Fire
Book 3 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Book 4 - The Girl Who Fell into the Fountain While Texting

Why can't we have the "rolling on the floor laughing" smilie????!!!

Lord Malakite
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Why can't we have the "rolling on the floor laughing" smilie????!!!
Because it might roll into the fountain.

El Chuxter
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote of the month!

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Because it might roll into the fountain.

Quite possibly, yes... :yes:

Quote of the month!

*takes a bow*

sith_killer_99
01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
State legislatures are already considering laws banning texting and walking, old girl is lucky she did this when she did, in the future she could get a fine for being such a dumb arse.

http://www.switched.com/2008/07/31/illinois-considering-anti-walking-and-texting-bill/

People like this are the reason our government feels they must pass laws to protect us from ourselves.:mad:

Qui-Long Gone
01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Fortunately it's not against the law for being stupid (most of us would be in trouble now and then), but it should be illegal to sue when you are stupid.

I love the lifeguard jab!

*Is the Girl Who Fell in the Fountain Whilst Texting the lost book in the trilogy? I was hoping there were more than three! :love:

JEDIpartner
01-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Here's a video for you!

This is why we pay taxes... OK? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hy0E4T14HQ)