PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Indiana Jones

jonthejedi
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Now prebooking over at BBTS...I am so getting this for my collection: 2 outfits, 2 stands, idol & pedestal, 2-sided backdrop. Yeah, I think it's worth $219.

jedibear
01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Lots of bells-n-whistles to be sure, but I'll reserve judgement until we see a better gallery of photos.

First impression...head sculpt WAY off....glad I've got my Sideshow one...still really happy with it.

jonthejedi
01-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Gallery up over at Sideshow. I love my Sideshow Indy also, but I really wanted the idol & Pedestal & didn't want to buy Belloq to get it. The Cairo outfit is a nice add-on with the staff of Ra.

jonthejedi
01-23-2011, 04:18 AM
...plus the DX eyeball rolling system. This is why I wish they would get Star Wars license. I love my DX Dark Knight.

jedibear
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Looked at the gallery....still on the fence. The head sculpt's facial expression looks very severe/serious, not really like Ford to me. And those eyes...kinda creepy. I'd like to see this PERS system "in person" to see how it really looks...

Yes, the tailoring and the accessories (belts, bag, etc) look really well-rendered (except the hat...looks small)...but...

The Sideshow Indy was such a big event for me as a collector and is still one of the highlights of my collection. I really love Trevor's sculpt..it totally captures Ford's attitude as the character where the HT one looks more like a "stand-in". It' has high quality. just not Ford.

As much as I like the Indy character...I don't know if I want to shell out over $200 for something I'm not 100% enthusiastic about...

But more power to those that do...

jonthejedi
01-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I'm just not seein' what you're seein'...I guess it's the eye of the beholder thing. The likeness to Ford in the closeups seems spot on, right down to his chin scar. Nobody does 1/6th scale head sculpts like Hot Toys...nobody, not even Sideshow who comes in a close 2nd. I have the T-800 Arnie & Christian Bale John Conner & the amount of raised detail ie: sweat, facial stubble, etc. is incredible. I feel the PERS eyes DO lend a sense of severe urgency to his stare...perfect from the beginning of the movie. To me...it IS Harrison Ford circa 1980 when he filmed Raiders of the Lost Ark.

jonthejedi
01-25-2011, 04:59 AM
I've compared shots of the prototype to orig. lobby card sets I have from 1981 & the hat also looks fine to me.