PDA

View Full Version : End of Witches of the Mist ** Spoilers **

DarkKnight4516
01-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Spoilers ahead............................................. .

And the crystal ball reveals........ dun dun dun

CYBORG MAUL............................................!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who else did a slow clap when that turning point was revealed at the end.
i know i did.
Nice move lucas film nice move indead.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2011, 02:50 PM
We've touched on it in the other Clone Wars thread, but I'll chime in to say that they never said anything about cyborg Maul. For that matter, they never even explicitly said it was Darth Maul, though it obviously looked like him, and it does seem to be him. Perhaps it's a vision, or something - but I don't think we can definitively say what's happened, or what's going to happen next.

autumnsdescent
01-23-2011, 03:28 PM
The Star Wars Insider Magazine (Issue 122, page 9) claims it's Maul:

"Sent to capture King Katuunko of Toydaria, Savage Opress is confronted by Anakin and Obi-wan. Although Opress escapes, he displeases Dooku, leading to brutal combat. Then Ventress strikes. Unable to best the powerful Dooku, the two escape, but there is one last shock to come, when Mother Talzin reveals Opress has a brother, living in exile in the Outer Rim, who will complete his training: Darth Maul!"

DarkKnight4516
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Also the official site is stating that it is maul in the extra details section of the review

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode314.html

And i would really hope with it being more than likely a living maul that he would be a cyborg i would hate for them to give him living legs then they would lose about half if not more of there following for going completely off reference. Almost as if episode 1 never happened. but who knows they have disappointed us before cough cough "nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo" cough cough.

Slicker
01-23-2011, 06:43 PM
And i would really hope with it being more than likely a living maul that he would be a cyborg i would hate for them to give him living legs then they would lose about half if not more of there following for going completely off reference. Almost as if episode 1 never happened. but who knows they have disappointed us before cough cough "nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo" cough cough.Ummm...maybe you should read that again. How is having Maul alive not just crapping on EVERYTHING that happened at the end of TPM? Last I checked Maul got cut in half (did you see that? He just stood there!) and he fell down an endless shaft. How does that not equate to death? I guess in an EU where Boba Fett flew out of the sarlaac (:rolleyes:) anything is possible...

JimJamBonds
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Ummm...maybe you should read that again. How is having Maul alive not just crapping on EVERYTHING that happened at the end of TPM? Last I checked Maul got cut in half (did you see that? He just stood there!) and he fell down an endless shaft. How does that not equate to death? I guess in an EU where Boba Fett flew out of the sarlaac (:rolleyes:) anything is possible...
Don't forget Luke's severed hand from Bespin became Luuke. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
...and SyFy has made a movie featuring both Tiffany and Deborah Gibson!!!!!

:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

And the children of the 80s wish it had been on Cinemax instead. Maybe airing around 2 in the morning on a Saturday. :beard:

morpheus282
01-23-2011, 09:44 PM

And the children of the 80s wish it had been on Cinemax instead. Maybe airing around 2 in the morning on a Saturday. :beard:

Knowing SyFy movies (what the heck happened to SciFi anyway?) it would be better if it did air at 2am on Skinemax.

autumnsdescent
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
What are the odds Maul is cyborg versus that it isn't the original Maul at all but a clone of him?

Oooooo! I got it! They cloned Maul, took him + the lifeless clone body to some weird planet inhabited by these 8 ft. tall blue-skinned people and had a tree transplant Maul's spirit into the new body! After all, nothing in Hollywood is original anymore, right?

Rocketboy
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Who else did a slow clap when that turning point was revealed at the end.
i know i did.I hung my head, muttered a few choice obscenities and turn the tv off.

That whole arc was so f*cking stupid.

El Chuxter
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I gave up all hope for one day seeing George Lucas in Heaven, because I'm sure that episode p***ed God off.

Phantom-like Menace
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Not that Lucas hasn't changed his mind before or chosen to ignore what he's said before, but didn't he once say that the reason he had Maul get cut in half was because he wanted to show he was dead, absolutely dead, not coming back, because his top half was removed from his upper half?

El Chuxter
01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Yes, and he also claims it was always his intention for Greedo to shoot first, since otherwise Han is killing people when we first see him, and it's impossible to redeem him.

Guess he missed the memo that most of us first saw Vader killing people in far more gruesome fashion and are now supposed to believe he's a good guy who had a bad dream about his wife.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
The Maul aspect aside... I really enjoyed this arc.

Knowing SyFy movies (what the heck happened to SciFi anyway?) it would be better if it did air at 2am on Skinemax.

I can't wait to see this 'cos there is a seriously OTT b**ch-slap, hair-pulling, falling in the water, pie-in-the-face girl fight between the two.
:love:

Ando
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I can't wait to see this 'cos there is a seriously OTT b**ch-slap, hair-pulling, falling in the water, pie-in-the-face girl fight between the two.
:love:

The best part of the commercial for this SyFy original movie is that they only showed DG and Tiffany cat-fighting (or at least that is all that I really remember).

I paused the TV so I could set up a recording while my wife rolled her eyes and said "are you really going to watch that?".

DarkArtist
01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
again I'm in the minority here but I actually liked the story arc of Savage Opress and I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the return of Darth Maul. i think it would be neat to see him as a cyborg.

Maradona
01-25-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh, the glory days of Cinemax... I even remember Z Channel, ON TV, and Select TV. Now those were the channels for late night weekends. :bandit:

As for this story arc, I didn't hate it. Instead, I liked it, though I don't understand how it needed an appearance by Maul at the end. Qui Gon is coming back next week, maybe Jango and Zam Wessel didn't die either, who knows. No one stays dead in comics, maybe this CW show will follow that trend too. I always wonder about the life of a show that has to bring in new and/or previously dead characters.

The series may never be the original trilogy in terms of story quality; certainly it hasn't lived up to the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series for me, though that show had a completely different mandate. The new CW show has not always been as outlandish as some EU stuff, but this CW show is made for kids mainly, like the majority of the prequel trilogy was. Many of us adults that were kids when the original trilogy came out have a much higher standard of quality we expected from anything SW. The prequels, to an extent, reduced the quality expectation. It may be the product of the 80s era, where there was maybe a higher level of quality associated with kid related entertainment product, which though some of it may seem silly to us now, is still superior to much of what children get now. Regardless, I recall hearing once that there would be 100 episodes of CW and we're about halfway through that. Who knows what other "secrets [will be] revealed."

DarkKnight4516
01-25-2011, 04:14 PM
again I'm in the minority here but I actually liked the story arc of Savage Opress and I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the return of Darth Maul. i think it would be neat to see him as a cyborg.

I agree i enjoyed the arc as well its better then watching them run around the senate some more or fight a giant space spider bent on world domination. Maul and Savage versus a ticked of anakin would be epic. I say only anakin because it seems like obiwan never fails to get knocked out cold in the first few minutes of a fight. Also no one can say that episode 1 didnt crap on it self as it is already and that maul kickin some jedi behind in robot pants would ruin it more than it already has it self. Sure maul got cut in half but you gotta remember it gets cauterized and as long as its below the kidneys hes all good. Someone just needed to help him up, put on some new kicks, and poke him 2 new disposal holes below the belt if you get my drift and hes set. Plus who knows what was down that trench he could have got sucked into a side curved shaft like luke in cloud city or there could have been a naboo toy factory shaft with thousands of ready to be packaged plush jar jars at the bottom to break his fall. I thought the comic that they brought him back in was great, maul giving owen the whooping he always deserved for being a whiny step brother. All i know is anyone in robot pants has my approval. especially if they are from machete squad.

Battle Droid
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Maybe it's actually Darth Maul Jr, that way Lucasfilm could be right at saying it's Darth Maul, from a certain point of view.

JEDIpartner
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Or... maybe it's a clone of Darth Maul, but this time as an ugly girl and she could be called Darth Maully!!!!

The mind reels...

Again, I have no issue with any of this. I don't take it all that seriously. It's a half hour of entertainment and it doesn't make or break my appreciation of the films that came before it.

DarkKnight4516
02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
from star wars.com conformation that it is maul

Will there be a variation of this used for The Clone Wars packaging?
Cheregotis: "There will not be a variant for Clone Wars packaging. We always try to keep one brand look for all segments of the property, and in this case, the use of Maul is especially fitting given the introduction of Savage Opress in The Clone Wars and his quest to find Maul."