PDA

View Full Version : Hoops on Campus - 2011

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Again, no NCAA college basketball thread? I know games before the tourney begins mean little, but c'mon!

There's a chance that OSU and Pitt could have the #1 and #2 slots with the next poll. Kansas and Syracuse go down today.

InsaneJediGirl
01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Again, no NCAA college basketball thread? I know games before the tourney begins mean little, but c'mon!

There's a chance that OSU and Pitt could have the #1 and #2 slots with the next poll. Kansas and Syracuse go down today.

Haven't had the chance to watch college hoops in about two weeks, but best game for me so far was FSU defeating Duke. I really, really despise Duke so it was the perfect game.

Other than that, I feel like I've been under a rock besides watching a few Iowa, VA Tech and UNC games.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Ohio State remains the only 0-loss D1 school, and Pitt keeps rolling. The Big East is dominating the Top-25 rankings. Even Youngstown St. beat Butler (in the past, that'd have been huge, but Butler's down this year it seems).

JimJamBonds
02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Now with the NFL on lockout err I mean the offseason time for the NCAA to get going! Come on march madness!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Alas, there shall be no undefeated college BB team again; the Buckeyes lose where every other squad seems to lose. It'd still be cool to see that happen once more one of these seasons. But Pitt takes down a tough 'Nova team and breaks their 40+ home win streak.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Ohio St. hangs on in the Big1Ten1 tourney, :) while Pitt fails to guard Mr. Last-Second-Shot in loss to UConn. :( Could mean Pittsburgh will get only a #2 seed (I would LOOOOOOOVE for them to be in the West regional, and only have to drive a few dozen SoCal freeway miles [read: 2 hour trip] to see them play at the Ponda Center). :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Break out the pens for your brackets! I was surprised to see Pitt get a #1 seed. Can OSU face the Panthers in the final game? I can hope.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-18-2011, 10:45 PM
So, did Morehouse St. royally mess up someone's bracket? I had Richmond beating Louisville in the next round anyway. And Pitt and OSU are still going, :D to make fans forget the schools' football coaching issues. :(

[edit]And BTW, there's the chance that I could have 15 of my Sweet 16 teams correct (only Mizzou is knocked out).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Ugh. Pitt just flat-out blew that one. I can't complain, but a foul 90 feet away from the basket with under 2 seconds to go? Really? :mad:

My Sweet Sixteen was:
EAST
Ohio St./Kentucky (right on)
UNC/Syracuse (so close)

WEST
Duke/Texas (so close)
San Diego St./Missouri (half right)

SOUTHWEST
Kansas/Richmond (right on)
Notre Dame/Purdue (wrongo)

SOUTHEAST
Pitt/Wisconsin ( :cry: )
Florida/BYU (right on)

But my Final Four is ruined: OSU/Texas and Kansas/Pitt. But the Buckeyes can still be my champ! :thumbsup:

Anybody else in pain/overjoyed/angered/confused/asleep over March Madness this year?