PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars universe needs more furry animals.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2011, 11:38 AM
It seems like so many of the larger creatures are fish, reptiles or amphibians. Yeah, I know we got a few: Bantha, Nexu, Eepoie (I think), Shaak. But the bulk of them are not!!!!!

I'm not including Wookiees and Ewoks in this as they are clearly above the level of creature to which I am referring.

What's up with this? Anyone want to comment? :cross-eye

Bel-Cam Jos
01-24-2011, 06:56 PM
What's up with this? Anyone want to comment? :cross-eyeThe CGI designers have always said that lifelike fur is among the hardest to create, therefore there shan't be too much of it.

Or, the largest planet in the galaxy is called R'ming'taan, ruled by Lady Epilady and her spouse, Lord Niick Blayde.

Neuroleptic
01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
It seems like so many of the larger creatures are fish, reptiles or amphibians. Yeah, I know we got a few: Bantha, Nexu, Eepoie (I think), Shaak. But the bulk of them are not!!!!!

I'm not including Wookiees and Ewoks in this as they are clearly above the level of creature to which I am referring.

What's up with this? Anyone want to comment? :cross-eye

What about Wampas?

Beast
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
They should have Rocket Raccoon from the Marvel Universe crossover. *Sagenods*

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
What about Wampas?

Forgot to name it, but that's one of the few.

It seems like we have rancors and fambaas all of those little scampering things, but there are so few furry creatures. I get that fur/hair is tough to do via CGI, but maybe we could have had "some" that were flesh and blood creatures dressed up a la the bantha. Just sayin'.

Mister Roboto
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Kabe, Muftak, and Jaxxon should have had larger roles.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Uh.........

Mister Roboto
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Well, if they had larger roles, you'd most likely see their homeworld. Their planets would be full of furry animals because every planet in the galaxy has a theme.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I was thinking more in terms of the wildlife and beasts of burden rather than more intelligent beings. I'm feeling you, but I was looking at the creatures that those sorts of creatures would ride, use as farm animals or even encounter in the wild.

El Chuxter
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Whatever noble steed Jaxxon would ride sounds awesome.

Course, it's probably just a naked man with a saddle.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Whatever noble steed Jaxxon would ride sounds awesome.

I was thinking more like a giant Guinea Pig or something long those lines. LOL

Mister Roboto
01-25-2011, 04:56 PM

Some people pay good money to travel that way. It costs a little extra, but it's worth it.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Define "some people". LOL