PDA

View Full Version : Grrr....Car Died!?!?

sith_killer_99
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Okay, so I bought a new 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart back in 2009.

I had read that some tuners were having trouble with the TC-SST (Twin-Clutch Transmission). I had also read that a few guys were having problems with the transmission right out of the box.

Because of this I had decided to hold off on tuning or modding the car. I wanted to keep my warranty solid just in case.

Well, two weeks ago I got an error message and looked it up "TC-SST"!

So I called the dealer to set up an appointment, but then the code went away and the car ran fine, until today. While driving into work I accelerated to enter the highway and the car kicked down into 2nd gear!!!

So I took the car in and they sat on it all day. I finally called them to see what was up and they told me that indeed the clutch packs were burnt as well as the transmission fluid. According to them "much more than it should be for the low mileage."

WTF, I have 18,500 miles on the car, about 6,000 of those are highway miles driving across country on cruise control!!!

Now they are telling me they need to consult the local Mitsubishi rep. to see if it will be covered under warranty!

Covered under warranty?!?!

The car has never been modded, tracked, raced, etc. It's my daily driver and I need dependable transportation, I had my 240SX to play with (until my mom, then brother needed a car).

I'm no idiot, I'm not gonna mod a car I'm still paying for and that I use as my only form of reliable transportation.

This sucks, some of the guys I talked to last year and in 2009 who had problems with their transmission said the dealer covered it under warranty, but it would have been 10K otherwise.

Anyway, I'm down transportation for now. The dealership did say that if the repair is covered under warranty they will give me a loaner car, so at least that's something.

I'm sure it will be covered, it's just frustrating that I'm left hanging for a day or two until they make a decision.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

BTW, in case you are wondering, I do not recommend a Mitsubishi with a TC-SST ('09+ Ralliart or '08+ Evo MR).

mtriv73
01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I got a warning light this morning that scared the bejeezus out of me as well. I have a 2004 Audi A6 with just over 60K on it. I was on my way to work this morning (well almost afternoon since it took me 4 hours to clear our driveway of snow.) At any rate, I was just motoring along minding my own business when suddenly my car makes an earsplitting beep and a little animation comes up in the center of my console showing fluids spurting out of some sort of container. I thought for sure my radiator was about to explode or I'd lost my oil filter (and all my oil) and my engine was about to seize up.

Luckily it turns out that I just need to stop and get some windshield washer fluid on the way home. I'm pretty sure that isn't covered under the warranty either.