PDA

View Full Version : New Saga Legends figures revealed

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, "new" is a relative term here. Still, BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=has19904&mode=retail) lists a new case assortment:
1x SL13 Yoda
1x SL11 Anakin (Darth Vader)
1x SL06 Darth Vader
1x SL14 R2-D2
1x SL32 Spacetrooper
1x SL31 Destroyer Droid
1x SL30 Boba Fett (Episode VI)
1x SL29 Mace Windu (Episode III)
1x SL28 Super Battle Droid (Episode III)
1x SL27 Death Star Trooper
1x SL25 Stormtrooper
1x SL24 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III)

Hasbro mentioned the EU Spacetrooper (from the TRU wave) would be coming out, so there's that. Hopefully the Destroyer won't be the crappy shooting-arms one, but it likely will be. Mace and Boba join the ranks, and we finally get a stormtrooper in this line (presumably not the same one from the Vintage line). The Death Star Trooper is a cool addition as well.

Rogue II
02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
So "Saga Legend" means that it is just a re-release of an existing figure in a new package, right? The only Saga Legend I've bought so far was the Darth Vader w/ removable mask.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
So "Saga Legend" means that it is just a re-release of an existing figure in a new package, right? The only Saga Legend I've bought so far was the Darth Vader w/ removable mask.
For the most part, yes. The current line says "Saga Legends" on the card and has an orange stripe at the top. There are also repacks in the Vintage Collection, formerly referred to as Greatest Hits, but now just referred to as repacks in the Vintage Collection. :p

Rogue II
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Ok, well if that's the case...If it is the VOTC Yoda or Endor R2, I'll buy them. Maybe I'll get a Death Star Trooper.

sonofsokol
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Entertainment Earth has this picture up. I don't know if they are accurate or not... At least there's no Plo Koon or Saesee Tiin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Ok, well if that's the case...If it is the VOTC Yoda or Endor R2, I'll buy them. Maybe I'll get a Death Star Trooper.

They don't usually get so specific, aside from some of the Hoth figures last year for ESB's 30th anniversary. As seen in the picture, Yoda and R2 are both from the ROTS line.

mtriv73
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Great, so most of these figures (or at least a version of them) are available now or soon on the higher priced Vintage cards. Since that has worked so well for the clonetroopers recently (they're pegwarming like crazy around here,) I'm sure it will work equally well for Mace, the Stormtrooper, Vader, Anakin, Obi wan, boba fett, yoda, and the super battle droid. Unless something is done to equalize prices between all the lines, this could be the final nail in the coffin for the vintage line.