PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Redemption Island

OC47150
02-02-2011, 08:36 PM
When I saw that Boston Rob and Russell were back (again!) I thought: they're either gluttons for punishment; have nothing better to do; or fame *****s.

The TV Guide Channel is running a special about the new season. I've caught just a minute or two but it looks good.

2-1B
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
should be interesting to see how long it takes before Phillip gets banned for attempted murder.

OC47150
02-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Ah, smug Boston Rob, you haven't changed a bit.

Wow, that was something of a first tribal council! Way too much info revealed. Alliances exposed.

Phillip and Kristina's days are numbered. Kristina for the fact she has the immunity idol, but kudos to her for finding it on her own. And Phillip 'I used to be a federal agent' and his big mouth.

Strength wise, Rob's tribe is at a disadvantage because of the women. Russell's tribe could dominate as long as strength is needed.

It should be a good season.

DarthQuack
02-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Insane first episode!! Can't believe the buffonery of characters. Philip is a certified NUT. Kristina should have just kept her big mouth shut, how the hell do you tell people you have an idol the first day or two that you're there?? She won't last long, although I could see Philip lasting a while without being a threat.

OC47150
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I really didn't see anything wrong with what Matt did by congratulating the other team. It was a sign of good sportsmanship. But it's wrong to Boston Rob!

Phillip lucked out. He easily could've been sent to Redemption Island instead of Matt for losing the challenge.

DarthQuack
02-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I know if it was me, I wouldn't want to be shaking hands with the opponent unless I just peed on my own hand.

Matt being blindsided was pretty funny, I wonder when we'll finally see some Redemption Island duels and how long they'll take in an episode. Russell's tribe should totally send him there, I like Ralph he's pretty funny and likable.

OC47150
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Russell and his cocubines! What a great line!!

Nice to see Russell get sacked. It was a good move on the tribe's part. I think Russell will survive Redemption Island a couple of rounds, but won't make it to the merge.

What's with Stephanie? Is she drunk on Russell's Kool-aid? Boy, that girl is dillusional.

Surprised no one calls Ralph Chewie!

DarthQuack
03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Hahaha, great call on Ralph being Chewie!

Thought this weeks episode was excellent. Glad to see Russell on Redemption Isle....should be a fun matchup with him and Matt, esp if he survives and could possibly faceoff against Boston Blob!

Stephanie is not long for this game....she sucks and I'm glad Julie didn't go with them and voted with the alliance. :)

OC47150
03-09-2011, 09:11 PM
He's gone!!! Oh, Russelll, you bitter man! Face it: you got outplayed, and lashing out just showed how bitter you were.

What's with Probst asking the Redemption Isle evictees to burn their buffs? I'd say heck no and either keep mine or auction it off for charity.

I love how Rob said a couple of times 'if they follow the line.' It's just a matter of time before your tribe turns, Rob.

OC47150
03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't care for either Krista or Stephanie, but Stephanie flubbed up the challenge and should've went to Redemption Island.

Anyone notice that, when Philip's name is shown, it says former federal agent?. I hadn't noticed the question mark until tonight. Phil might be nuttier than a fruit cake but he's enjoyable to watch.

DarthQuack
03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Oh he's totally a nut.....I thought last weeks episode was kind of boring, I think we knew one of "Russell's Gals" was gonna be going home most definitely. Looking forward to the merge when that happens and who comes back into the game.

OC47150
03-24-2011, 08:03 PM
The last of Russell's concubines is gone.

Hi-def TV is great: the dirt rings on Stephanie's neck really stood out!

David needs to watch himself. He was making too good of an argument for keeping Stephanie, thus making himself a target.

OC47150
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Love him or hate him, Phil made some good points tonight: the girls (who are pretty useless) wait hand and foot on Rob. They don't do anything around camp, except sun.

Close challenge. I thought/hoping Ometepe would win.

Anyone else think Dave looks like Zev from AR?

OC47150
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Matt, Matt, Matt. I feel for you, guy. You're a good, upstanding guy who's torn between doing what's right and what to do to win. I'd ditch Andrea; she's screwed you twice now.

Gotta love arrogant Rob. I want to be there when everything comes crashing down around him.

OC47150
04-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Rob, I want to be there when you fall. The mightier they are, the harder they fall.

Ladies, you'll have to turn against each other eventually.

And Phillip, you're just plain nuts.

DarthQuack
04-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Sorry OC....I don't come around here much anymore. :(

I'm so sick and tired of Rob's smugness....Philip is still a nut....but may be more smart than we think he is. I really want Grant do keep doing well since I have him in a Survivor pool. :) The girls are clueless just waiting to be picked off by Rob. Can't wait for the jury and Ponderosa to start at CBS.com.

OC47150
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry OC....I don't come around here much anymore. :(

I'm so sick and tired of Rob's smugness....Philip is still a nut....but may be more smart than we think he is. I really want Grant do keep doing well since I have him in a Survivor pool. :) The girls are clueless just waiting to be picked off by Rob. Can't wait for the jury and Ponderosa to start at CBS.com.

Well, I've actually thought about stop watching because of smug Rob, but I can't. I want to see him fall.

And I want to see Phil taken away in a straight jacket.

OC47150
04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Every season there's a one person who stands out, likes the attention, and it's Phil. There's a part of me that thinks Phil's acting.

I hope Phil finds his shorts, 'cause I can't watch him parading around in those pink undies! : P

DarthQuack
04-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Yea, I agree, I wish Julie hadn't said she'd taken them. Much more funny if he didn't know until the reunion, or when he watched it on television. I don't really care who wins, as long as it's not Rob. Can't stand him!!!

OC47150
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Now it's gonna get good! Rob's tribe will have to turn on each other.

We were talking at home tonight: just think what the show would've been like if Russell was still around. I kinda miss the obnoxious little man.

Thoughts on Phil: In my professional career, I've had several opportunities to meet people who, at one time or another, worked for the government. They were very low-keyed about their work and never bragged about their work. I've also encountered people who've talked about their work and past experience a lot, which put what they did in doubt. That said, I think Phil's a phoney.

DarthQuack
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
I definitely think he's a phony. I agree, really looking forward to the cut-throat action that should be following. I'm still going strong in my pool with Grant as my pick! I think he really needs to keep winning immunity to stay safe.

Should be interesting to see how things pan out at redemption too.

OC47150
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
I like Mike, but I think, after the way the others treated him, Steve, Ralph, Julie, I sure wouldn't have given them the chance to spend time with their families.

I don't feel sorry for Andrea at all. She blindly followed Rob and it came back to bite her in the butt. It's only gonna get worse, kids.

Here's something to chew on: at least half of the jury could be comprised of the defunct tribe. If that is the case, someone like Rob has no chance of winning.

OC47150
05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I was so disgusted with the last ep that I actually tuned it out for about 30 minutes. Admittedly, Rob played a good game but he was so blasted arrogant.

And those stupid girls! They had numerous opportunities to vote Rob's butt out, but nooooooooooooo.

Wish Matt would've won the $100,000.

DarthQuack
05-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Agreed, 100% OC. I hate that finale. As soon as the RI duel was over I lost interest. Andrea was the last person I wanted to see re-enter the game. Everyone else would have been more fun to watch and could have had a better outcome.

Philip was a waste in the final, figured he'd maybe be normal, but no chance of that! I didn't believe the lady in the audience either about him being a federal agent.

Natalie was just another coat-tail rider and was glad to see her get zero votes.