PDA

View Full Version : Fav Star Wars Movie

masterväder
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Is what ur fav movie? i liked phantom menace more than clone wars which was GARBAGE if you agree then you r smarrt. Upvote if you like lol

empire strikes back was aslo good, so is good if u like tat

masterväder
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
hay how i add poal i want to get nmbrs in what movie is well liked most

Slicker
02-03-2011, 02:49 PM
*sigh* I'll just not state the obvious Flornbi joke and reply normally. :rolleyes:

I like The Empire Strikes Back. It's got some of the most memorable scenes in the trilogy and some of the best lines.

masterväder
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Flornbi? is u finnish too? terve sinullekin veli slicker.

but i like empire too if it had ewoks or like gungans it would be BEST

bigbarada
02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Return of the Jedi. Easy choice for me. It wasn't until about 1997 (when the Special Editions were released) that I realized that everyone else on the planet wasn't in agreement that ROTJ was the greatest motion picture of all time. That bothered me for a few years, but then I realized that everyone else on the planet is an idiot anyway, so who cares what they think? Return of the Jedi is STILL the greatest movie of all time! ;)

Beast
02-03-2011, 09:35 PM
The Phantom Menace for me. It's pretty much the perfect Star Wars film. It did a great job of introducing audiences to the Star Wars Universe in the Prequel Era. And showing off and explaining how things like the Senate and Jedi Order operate. Plus it has Jar Jar Binks, who is still one of my favorite Star Wars characters. Only weak element is Darth Maul, but thankfully he doesn't take up much running time and thankfully dies in the end.

Though Return of the Jedi is a close second. Since the whole Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker dynamic is so almost personal for me. It just really touched me on a personal level, in a way that the rest of the series really never captured. Just a father sacrificing his life to save his son. It's just a powerful moment. Jabba's Palace and the whole battle on the Skiffs and Jabba's Sail Barge is pretty badarse also. Especially the reveal of Luke's green saber.

After that.... it's Revenge of the Sith, Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, and then A New Hope.

JimJamBonds
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
V, iii, iv, vi, ii, i

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Weird stuff going on here, but my favorite is Revenge of the Sith. It's still the most emotional for me and I love how it ties everything together (among many other things). After that, it's ESB, TPM, ROTJ, ANH, and AOTC, though this has changed many times and will likely continue to do so (before this it was more like ROTS, ESB, ROTJ, ANH, AOTC, and TPM).

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I've been reading (almost done...) the Making of ESB book over the last couple months, and I can't say any of the other 5 films have supplanted Empire as my favorite.

2-1B
02-19-2011, 10:22 PM
my favorite, without a doubt, is Teek: The Battle for Endor

Raging Derelict
02-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Mine is definitely Return of the Jedi. It was the first film I saw after Grenada, so it holds a place in my mind.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2011, 11:50 AM
The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite and Return of the Jedi is my least favourite.

V
IV
III
II
I
VI

Can you believe it?!!!

jamesbondo07
02-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Vi
v
iii
iv
i
ii

El Chuxter
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
V
VI
IV
I
Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
The Clone Wars
Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
III
The Holiday Special
II

JimJamBonds
02-24-2011, 06:22 AM
V
VI
IV
I
Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
The Clone Wars
Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
III
The Holiday Special
II
Wow not a fan of AOTC are we Chux?

El Chuxter
02-24-2011, 08:09 AM
The Holiday Special is actually far, far worse, but Bea Arthur singing is preferable to the non-SW cinematography of AOTC.

JEDIpartner
02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
The Holiday Special is actually far, far worse, but Bea Arthur singing is preferable to the non-SW cinematography of AOTC.

HAHAHAHA!!! I couldn't agree more!! As for me, I hate the pre-school on cocaine and Kool-Aid atmosphere that most of ROTJ has. That and the fact that they have to blow up a Death Star... again. The only thing I honestly like is the whole Vader redemption thing. The rest of it is largely a nightmare.

Snowtrooper
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTS
4. ROTJ
5. AOTC
6. TPM

ESB has been and will always be my favorite. I was 5 when ANH came out, so I hold that movie in very high regard as well. ROTS/ROTJ and AOTC/TPM flip flop depending on what my mood is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Are you talking about the two or three pop zooms during the Geonosis scenes?

El Chuxter
02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes, and they stood out not like sore thumbs, but like bleeding stumps where sore thumbs had been torn off.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Attack of the Clones has issues with pacing, being too grounded in our reality, and not explaining everything clearly enough. I think those are fair issues to call it out on. I do not think it fair to call it out for three quick shots that are common in war movies.

;) :p

El Chuxter
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I do, since, given that it's five movies into the series, there's a definite, unmistakable visual style that's expected.

The weak special effects and sounds (relative to the other five movies) don't help, either.

Darth Metalmute
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
V
IV
III
VI
I

And thats all. What is this Attack of the Clones that you speak of?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Are you talking about the two or three pop zooms during the Geonosis scenes?You mean the homage to Japanese filmakers, right?

PowerConverter
03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Empire Strikes Back! "The force is with you young skywalker...but you are not a jedi yet....." That line always gives me chills

bobafrett
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
IV
V
III
VI
II
I
May the force be with me!