PDA

View Full Version : New figures.

svarthofdi
03-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Dear designers at Hasbro.

I would really like to see some figures come to life in my collection.
As far a start, I would like to see more Imperial generals/captains/Admirals,also I would want Crix Madine and Jan Dodonna. And I also beg you to make figures from the species of Bothans & Gotals.:cool:

Jayspawn
03-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Right on, I hear ya!

Bring it on Hasbro!

Beast
03-04-2002, 01:02 PM
Well, I am still hoping that General Jan Dodonna will pop up later this year. ANH: Rebel Officer was on some of the early circulating lists that Hasbro had pulled off the net cause they revealed E2 figures. And the E2 figure lists were pretty accurate. Hopefully it wasn't a miscommunication, and they were really refering to the Endor Rebel Soldier re-sculpts that we have coming later this year. A Jan Dodonna would be a great figure for the 25th Anniversary of Star Wars. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
03-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Well,
i'd like Yarna Da'l Gargan and a new Jabba the hutt please.

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 06:25 PM
The original Expaned Universe line was great. I think Hasbro should focus on the collector's side of the market and produce figures based on the books that follow the movies. I mean c'mon who would want to see a Shadows of the Empire Luke with the yellow vest or Corran Horn as both an X-Wing pilot and a Jedi or maybe some of the new Jedi from the NJO series. What about the Yuzzan Vong? or the Solo Children? These figures would add a new twist to the assortment. Also some of the different ships like a Z-95 Headhunter or a TIE Defender with exclusive pilot.

I also think if Hasbro is trying to make certain figures collectable they should open a company store where fans could join to receive exclusive figures that would only be available through the website.

Hasbro needs to hear from you.

Dryanta
03-04-2002, 08:45 PM
I agree with the company store idea.I think it would be great for both collectors and Hasbro.We could get alot of what we want and Hasbro wouldn't have to worry about peg warmers.

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 09:32 PM
I agree completly Dryanta, if Hasbro was to make this store a reality, certain lines like the Trophy Series or Expanded Universe would be available to the collectors. I still looking for some of the harder to find figures like the Death Star Trooper and Ree-Yees as well as some of the Expanded Universe figures. When will Hasbro learn. Give Collectors what they want and the business will follow.

Darkross
03-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Hasbro...PLEASE give us a new Luke Skywalker Jedi figure...with the magno-cuffs i.e. Endor Capture. Not to mention with tons of articulation and the ideas posted by JarJar B. and Rollo T.

evenflow
03-05-2002, 04:02 PM
I think that the fan choice figures are a great idea, they should do it more often.

DarkArtist
03-05-2002, 04:08 PM
I agree with you Darkross, a new Luke Jedi Figure with multiple points of articulation and a realistic head sculpt and realistic detail on the lightsaber would be awesome. Also a an exploding R2-D2 would be killer as well.

Maybe Hasbro will release a special Cinema scene with a backdrop of Endor the loading ramp and a special Dartn Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Imperial Officer.

Darkross
03-06-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
Maybe Hasbro will release a special Cinema scene with a backdrop of Endor the loading ramp and a special Dartn Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Imperial Officer.

Now that would be cool! Good idea!

DarkArtist
03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanks Darkross,
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!!!

Another cool Cinema Scene I have in Mind is on that takes place on the Tantive IV.
Darth Vader strangling Captain Antilles while two Stormtroopers look on. The display base could even include a sound chip that would repeat the dialogue from Star Wars.

Darkross
03-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
Thanks Darkross,
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!!!

Another cool Cinema Scene I have in Mind is on that takes place on the Tantive IV.
Darth Vader strangling Captain Antilles while two Stormtroopers look on. The display base could even include a sound chip that would repeat the dialogue from Star Wars.

"If this is a consular ship....then where is the ambassador?" (Vader crushes Cpt. Antilles' throat) <Insert throat crushing sound>. I little too violent I would expect to release...but who knows...the Jurasick Park stuff had dinosaurs with missing limbs, flesh, etc...somehow a Cinema scene with Vader crushing Cpt. Antilles' throat doesn't seem that bad.

InsaneJediGirl
03-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Awesome idea with Vader/Antilles pack!

I personally would like to see some characters from NJO and
Tales of the Jedi made.Like Nomi Sunrider,Exar Kun,Vong,A Vong
warship,and a New-NonManly Mara Jade-Skywalker,maybe with
Jedi Master Luke?

DarkArtist
03-15-2002, 09:06 PM
I agrre Insanejedigirl, the expanded universe line could use a face lift. the Mara Jade action figure was a bit manish and could be remade, perhaps to look like the version from the Mysteries of the Sith Video Game...... As far as other characters like the Vong, and tales of the Jedi characters I have been wanting these figures for the longest time. I am currently working on creating a Ulic Qel Droma figure as a Dark Lord of the Sith.....Still trying to find a good head to use for the figure.
Maybe there is a way where we can all send our ideas to Hasbro and possible have our ideas created.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-16-2002, 05:44 PM
I'd like to see these EU items made:

From Games
Rebel Assault II:
- TIE V38 aka Phantom TIE w/electronics and 2 Pilots.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II:
- Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight.
- The Mouldy Crow w/electronics and Jan Ors.
- Jerec Dark Jedi.

X-Wing Alliance:
- Ace Azzameen.
- Aeron Azzameen.
- Emkay.

Comics & books
SOTE:
- Guri.
- New Prince Xizor.
- Jinx w/Speederbike.
- Virago Fighter w/electronics and Pilot.

Rogue Planet:
- Anakin's Sekotan Ship w/Anakin.
- Raith Sienar.
- Ke Daiv.
- Obi-Wan.

:D

stillakid
03-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Can't we simplify all of these lists by saying that we want everything that hasn't been done and also new resculpts of everything that has already been done only with 1000 pts of articulation?;)

Amanamike
03-17-2002, 12:42 AM
NO MORE EU!!!! Lets just concentrate on getting the movie figs here. ONe thing at a time here. EU can wait, we need movie figs now!!!!

stillakid
03-17-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
NO MORE EU!!!! Lets just concentrate on getting the movie figs here. ONe thing at a time here. EU can wait, we need movie figs now!!!!

As a general rule, I like pretty much any new figures that come out. I get them all. However, we do have half the cantina to populate still as well as most of Jabba's Palace. Those along with the scattered assortment of other Rebel guys and a couple more of the Imperial villains on top of the mass of AOTC figures coming this year along with Phantom Menace stragglers are enough to keep our :) friends :) at Hasbro busy for quite some time. It's fine to see an occasional EU figure or that odd design that never quite made the movie, but if I had to choose, it would be really nice to be able to finish off the movie characters first. But, that's just me for what it's worth (which isn't much when it comes down to it :rolleyes: )

DarkArtist
03-17-2002, 10:20 AM
:cool:
I agree with you stillakid, finish off some of the obscure movie characters that hide in the shadows of the galaxy. I mean what about the other members of the Jedi Council who have yet to be made some of Padme's handmaidens. Imperial Dignitarys, entirely nw sculpts for figures that need them, more articulation for more of a realistic pose. I don't know about you but I personally thought the first few poses when the line was first being introduced really sucked. :cry: :cry:
I think Hasbro has come alomg way with some of the newer figures like the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer but they are still making static figures that lack the needed articulation for better play. :cry: :cry:
As far as Expanded Universe goes, I still think Hasbro should create a collector's website when true fans of the trilogy, the prequels and beyond can order exclusive figures of some of their favorite characters that are not represented in the movies and are only seen in comic and book form.:happy: There must be a way for us as fans to work with Hasbro and create the a new version of figures that will please all.

Lobito
03-18-2002, 02:26 PM
They still have to make klatu, the Imperial dignitary, Warok, Romba, General Madine, Lumat, Chief Chirpa, Twin pod Cloud Car pilot, etc... I also would like to see new figures like Yarna, Bubo, the remaining jedi council, etc. and it wouldnt hurt to see some EU figures also...take the Krayt Dragon for instance. They can make it all. The order on which they make the figs wont bother me, just make them!!:D

InsaneJediGirl
03-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Kayt Dragon would be awesome,Heres what I'd like to see

Figures-3 3/4'')
-Mara Jade(Jedi Master)
-Kyp Durron(Jedi)
-Corran Horn (CorSec)
-Vong Warrior
-Vong Priest
-Exar Kun(Physical form,not spirit)
-Nomi Sunrider
-Joruus C'Boath

Beasts/Ships/Etc
-Vong Warship
-Taozin with Cthon bones(From Rouge Planet)

However,finishing off aliens/droids/officers from the movies is
so much more important than making stuff from the books.Better
to finish off one thing before starting another!