PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

TeeEye7
02-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Magazines!
What do you subscribe to? What do you pick up? What interests do you like to read about? Below I've listed (cue BCJ's reaction) titles that I've subscribed to in the past (as a youngster) and present ( as an oldster). A lot are work related, others for pleasure. I really enjoy getting a subscription as a present: you get a gift every month! Lists, please!

American Cop
American Handgunner
Consumer Reports
Guns Magazine
Guns & Ammo
Lee’s Action Figure News & Toy Review
Mad Magazine
Modern Photography
National Geographic
Newsweek
Police Magazine
Popular Mechanics
Popular Photography
Popular Science
Smithsonian Air & Space
Star Wars Insider
Sunset Magazine
Time Magazine
TV Guide
US News & World Report

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Magazines!
What do you subscribe to? What do you pick up? What interests do you like to read about? Below I've listed (cue BCJ's reaction) titles that I've subscribed to in the past (as a youngster) and present ( as an oldster). A lot are work related, others for pleasure. I really enjoy getting a subscription as a present: you get a gift every month! Lists, please!Never one to pass up a list (LISTS... :drool: ) thread! :D

Currently, I subscribe to none; it's just too hard to find time to read non-newspaper periodicals these days. :( But in the past:

Boys Life
Consumer Reports
Highlights (Gufus and Galant! :thumbsup: )
Inside Sports
National Geographic (for a year, as a gift)
Odyssey Magazine (a kids' science and space)
Phi Kappa Phi Forum
Ranger Rick
Star Wars Galaxy Collector
Star Wars Insider
US News & World Report

There may be others I'm forgetting, and I'm not including ones my parents got/get, (like Sunset, Conde Nast, Better Homes & Gardens, Sports Illustrated, Style, etc.).

JimJamBonds
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
The only thing that I currently subscribe to is Running Times, although I read the newest edition of Runners World via my local library.

In the past I've gotten....

Boys Life
Sports Illustrated
Runners World
Bicycling
Rolling Stone
Coalition of Historical Trekkers
Muzzeloader
Voyager, which is a historical publication put out by the Brown County (Wi) Historical Society.
Some sort of museum/preservation magazine who's name escapes me.

I know there are more but off the top of my head thats what I got.

TeeEye7
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Ah, yes, I also subscribed to "Boy's Life" many moon ago. I had forgotten. Here's two current subscriptions I also forgot...They are work-related freebies (you just have to proved current employment in law enforcement) that are mainly ads interrupted by some decent articles from time to time:

Evidence Technology Magazine
Forensic Magazine

Bel-Cam Jos
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Ah, yes, I also subscribed to "Boy's Life" many moon ago. I had forgotten. Here's two current subscriptions I also forgot...They are work-related freebies (you just have to proved current employment in law enforcement) that are mainly ads interrupted by some decent articles from time to time:

Evidence Technology Magazine
Forensic MagazineAnd I also realized I get two for "free" with my teacher dues:
California Educator
NEA Today

TeeEye7
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I received my first issue of World War II magazine yesterday in the mail (a subscription gift from Christmas from Mrs. TI7). Judging by the cover...yep...it's about WWII!

DarkArtist
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
i think the only subscriptions I have are for Real Food and Entertainment Weekly... I'm thinking about getting subscriptions for Lee's Toy Review, Tomarts Action Figure Digest and SW Insider.

masterväder
02-23-2011, 01:35 AM
i order gunsmoke and mad mazagine. mad is laik teh funnest of the magazines *like if you agree*

Raging Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:38 AM
I like the Cracked magazine. Brings me back to my childhood.

Raging Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Sorry to DP post, but I also like Special Forces Insider. The military is bad assssssss. oorah!

LusiferSam
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd I have to think about what I use to get, but here's the current list:

Astronomy
MacWorld
Discover
Fine Scale Modeler
Scouter
Eagle Scout Magazine

TeeEye7
02-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Discover

Yet another I used to get. Forgot about that one, too! :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
I received my first issue of World War II History, another one of the Christmas subscriptions from Mrs. TI7. Nice article about how Spain's dictator Francisco Franco kept Hitler and Mussolini at bay after promising to join the Axis. (His two buds helped him win the Spanish Civil War with their resources...which was a proving ground to their belligerence just a few years later).

JimJamBonds
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
I received my first issue of World War II History, another one of the Christmas subscriptions from Mrs. TI7. Nice article about how Spain's dictator Francisco Franco kept Hitler and Mussolini at bay after promising to join the Axis. (His two buds helped him win the Spanish Civil War with their resources...which was a proving ground to their belligerence just a few years later).Interesting, I'll see if I can find that on the interwebs.

TeeEye7
04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Interesting, I'll see if I can find that on the interwebs.

This may help:
http://www.wwiihistorymagazine.com/

Mrs. TI7 also gave me this subscription as well to World War II Magazine:
http://www.magazines.com/product/world-war-ii?afd_number=3823&gclid=CMeEi8X5_qcCFQE2gwodOwktsw