PDA

View Full Version : Who's your least favourite boardmember?

jeddah
03-04-2002, 10:52 AM
:D

In view of the recent divisive threads, I thought this one would fit in nicely

:P

I'll kick off; jeddah is my least favourite person because;

- picky
- english
- superior
- 30 on 12th March :eek:

beacoup de :kiss:

jeddah

britcit3
03-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Britcit3 is my least favourite person because;

- picky
- english
- superior
- 33 on 13th July

lots of (- less well educated than Jeddah)

BC3

Oh, and fat.

vulcantouch
03-04-2002, 12:34 PM
why do i get the feeling this contest is rigged? there's no Way jdah's gonna lose ;) oh well, i'll play along: vt's my least fave cuz:
-he doesn't have any xtra mm ships to give me, and even if he did he's too smart to con out of them :p

good shot jansen
03-04-2002, 12:53 PM
vt's my least favorite cause he's a lying sack of pilsbury dough!

"he doesn't have any xtra mm ships to give me"

ahhhhh exqueeze moi! i seem to be in possession of some of those xtra ships that he supposedly doesn't have any to give :p

Huckleberry Josh
03-04-2002, 04:42 PM
I've had a few feuds since I've been on this website, but I try to get along with everybody. I got mad at someone in the summer and a few people got kind of ****ed off at me so I try not to feud anymore.

SWAFMAN
03-04-2002, 07:36 PM
SWAFMAN is my least favorite forummer because he's verbose and pretentious.

JediTricks
03-04-2002, 09:31 PM
I hate JediTricks the most because he can't even do that vt-bolding thing right, what a terrific jerk!

D'oh!!!

vulcantouch
03-04-2002, 10:46 PM
hj's my new least fave cuz:
-he's takin this thred too literally :rolleyes:
-yoo's ascared of peesin peeple off, Beeyotch >bap< >bap< (grabs hj's wrist & smacks his hand into his face) quit hittin yerself, hj, quit hittin yerself :evil:
runner-up: gsj, cuz he does a poor job of pretending he doesn't understand :p
hon. mention: the restayas for tryin too hard 2b funny :p

LTBasker
03-05-2002, 01:29 AM
I dispise LTB because:

- Loud
- Obnoxious
- Picky
- Hardly has the correct facts
- ...Just because

:happy:

Beast
03-05-2002, 01:50 AM
I hate that Jar Jar Binks guy cause:

He acts like Sir Steve's Answer Man
He keeps posting helpful information
He likes that crazy aquatic rabbit from the movie
He's one of the most annoying posters here
I think he secretly works for hasbro
He's a humourless berk
He's all cheery, like Ned Flanders
His birthday is on March 11th
Sir Steve won't ban him ;)

I could go on, but I think people would consider me obsessed. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

good shot jansen
03-05-2002, 07:03 AM
gsj is my least fave cause;

as he's recently always jacked up on a fat philly blount, his capacity to understand is now terribly compromised:p

JediGoofy
03-05-2002, 07:56 AM
I hate Italians! :mad:

They cannot understand jokes and their messages are always really boring!

So jg is my least favourite person.
Hey jg, stay home and eat your spaghetti! :evil:

Sorry if I am rude, but I had to say it.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Wolfwood319
03-05-2002, 09:03 AM
I hate that Wolfwood character, cause I hate anyone that is better looking than me!:Pirate:

What does that mean anyway? "Wolfwood?!?!" What a loser.

Fulit
03-05-2002, 10:39 AM
I hate Kid Rock. He's not a forum member, but I'm listing him anyway.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Who does that clown LBC think he is?

What a stuffy
uppity
jerk.

I hear he is a completist collector too!
Can't pass up any of the AF, has to get them all.
Even those ugly T-16s.

Is it true he keeps some of his AF boxed?
Please tell me that is just a rumor.

And where does Lowly get off abbreviating his name like that?
Who does he think he is, J-Lo?

If you ask me the only thing he is good for is scrubbing all that
bantha poodoo
:p

shinakuma43
03-06-2002, 01:05 PM
I absolutely hate shinakuma43 for quite a few reasons.

He's always looking for more loose and boxed AF and MM variations. He must have such a large collection that he has no way to display anything nicely.

He seems to show up now and then usually after not being around for days at a time. No loyalty there.

He collects Battle Squads and now even some Military MMs.

He has a retarded name. Shinakuma43? Does anyone even play Street Fighter anymore? I doubt it. He's not even 43. The 43 is only there because he originally was shinakuma but managed to forget his password. What a retard.

He's so obsessed with variations he preordered the new AFs form actionfiguresexpress.com and from entertainmentearth.com just in case there are variations right at the start. Unbelievable! He should be banned from SSG.

He also got the Epic Collections 4-6 before me and only waited a year and a half to get them and even bragged about it all over the forum. The nerve of him.

Later,
S43

Huckleberry Josh
03-06-2002, 03:11 PM
What are you talking about VT. I don't take my posts too seriously. All I have to say is screw my "not feuding theory". I would call you a JACKASS, but I don't want to start trouble. And by the way , they're not just big , they're Grands . Hoo hoo!

vulcantouch
03-12-2003, 10:12 AM
. . .meanwhile i wonderin where hucklejosh went; wonderin if it was somethin i said (above)? :evil:

2-1B
03-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Happy 31st birthday jeddah ! :crazed:

jeddah
03-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Thank you very much! I am here in Houston for the week and am returning to the UK on Friday 14th :(
update and trip review to follow :)

jeddah

bobafrett
03-12-2003, 12:58 PM
My least favourite boardmember is bobafrett, why?

Has no idea what he's talking about.

Is out of touch with most of the collectors here

Has no inventory of any of his collectibles

Keeps 99% of his AF fleet boxed up

He turns 38 in May, and runs around in Stormtrooper armor actually beliveing he is a Stormtrooper

Doesn't understand why he can't keep a woman in his life (Star Wars habit, my preciousssss.......)

Um, I hope this is what your all talking about, but then again, I'm clueless.

vulcantouch
03-13-2003, 09:38 AM
JUMpin catfish jdah, how Dare you come stateside w/out lettin us (and more importantly ME) know :mad:

sergiurusu
03-14-2003, 08:05 AM
I love you all. I love myself. My parents love me,my friends love me, my girlfriend loves me. :D But found her with another guy. I love that guy. I don't hate anyone;) Sorry, that guy I found with my girlfriend was me (I was watching the mirror in the dark) :cool:

SWAFMAN
03-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Jeddah. THIS is how I find out you were in the U.S.?
I am sad. :(

oops! I almost forgot.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

r2dee2
03-15-2003, 01:12 AM
Belated Birthday wishes jeddah...just NOW saw this thread!!

My least fav forummer is r2dee2:

She is boring!!

She can't answer a simple question, like "What is your favorite MM or AF vehicle?" How do you choose a favorite from all your children? :p

She STILL hasn't put up all the stuff she wants to in her MM section....why bother...... sicqnus has done it oh so much better!!:cool:

She can't hold a candle to the generousity of gsj, the verbosity of VT, the musical talent of jeddah, the fountains of knowledge of JT and sicqnus or the amount of variations of S43 :kiss:

She is old:eek:

She should just pack up her toys and leave....well, maybe I'll play a little longer :D

Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY jeddah, you go girl ;)

jeddah
03-15-2003, 04:24 PM
It was very nice of Caesar to flag up my birthday and also nice of you oldies to go easy on me after my furtive plans. By way of a mitigation (i hope), I purposefully kept it on the DL as it was a romantic holiday and it would not have been fair to my host if I had gone flying off around the US to say hi.

If it makes any difference, I am now working on my plan to move to the US - if that goes to plan you can have me all the time :). I am going to be studying and also volunteering teaching hip hop streetdance to underprivileged kids in Houston and going for residence - we are hiring a lawyer to get onto it but as you are all probably aware it is a long, long process and one which does not even guarantee me what I want. Anyway......I will post a few pics when I get them developed on Monday - of me in your country - but in the meantime here is my report. You will probably be surpised that I am a complete convert to the America way (yes, even the backward Texas southern ways :evil: ) and have never been made to feel more welcome and 'important' anywhere.

Last Friday, my plane docked at IAH and Locksley met me at the arrivals. The first thing that struck me - other than the pleasant heat - was the size of everything. Guys, you could do with keeping things MM or at least AF-sized instead of Saga-sizing everything. The billboard hoardings and cars are huge. And do people REAAALLLY need SUVs for driving on the freeway? I know it is Texas but some of them looked like they've never been off the hottop.

Locksley - who I was staying with - lives in the black 'hood of Hou which was great for me because it meant I got to 'hang' with a lot of the kids on the streets who were dancing and playing good music (I bought 50Cent and Lil Kim plus a load of Ragga and other Hip Hop stuff) and picked up some new cornrow styles. I took mine out and had braids put back before I left and I think the white folks were a little put out by it to tell you the truth. I was surprised at the degree of segregation and the fact that Locks was asked for help in Walgreens, Galleria and even on a roadworks site because he is black (Jamaican,not Afr Amer). I was like "Why don't you say anything!!" and he said it would make him appear bothered by it which he isn't. Loved the neighbourhood anyway, it was so colourful and all the people were lovely to me, asking me to "talk some more in English" and taught me some hysterical ebonix. :D

The first night we went to an American cuisine restaurant called Ruggles where the plate of food they gave me was the size of my coffee table here. Needless to say I ate a fraction of it. We then went back and chatted till the early hours.

We went to Galveston and Kimah the next day. The sea looks horrid with all the silt from the Mippippippi but I had a great time wandering around talking to people. Came back and went to Walgreens to pick up film and extensions (mine cost a fortune here) and then went to a club in the middle of nowhere called "Big Yo" which was a Hip Hop/Rnb club for a certain type of clientele (think 'gentlemen' and 'not-so-gentlewimmin'). I had a ball and danced with everyone till about 3am I think. I was the only white person BTW and English too which had it's own sort of caché ;) Some really cool tracks were played and I picked up some more moves to teach my class.

Next day we went to JSC and I was little disappointed in that it seemed a little kiddie-ish and they had only one of the Saturn 5 rockets outside. That was impressive but I wanted to see lots of rockets and shuttles and hardware and stuff. Guess I'll have to go to Cape Canaveral when I come over again in June. :( Anyway the good thing was we got to see the Mission Control Centre and (oops, sorry, "Center") which was tiny compared to what I was expecting and also I managed to buy lots of gifts for my UK pals and family :). I managed to make myself very awkward by asking about faked moon landing pics and then demanding to speak to a a manager about it (j/k) :evil: :D

On the way back to the apartment we stopped at a Jamaican restaurant and had Oxtail curry, goat curry and plantains which was all yummalicious. I go to a Ja restaurant here in Bmth actually but have not been for years and this food was much better (as all the food in the US seemed to be) than the UK version :happy: Rented Clockwatchers and My Big Fat Greek wedding. Fell asleep halfway through the first and woke up at the wedding of the second so I will have to rewatch them (Sorry VT, after all this time I missed most of CWs :cry: ) It was the Champagne wot did it.

Then the next day we got up early and went to six flags for the rollercoaster heaven. had a great time and it was cheap too. I had tuned his radio into 97.9 FM The Box which was a hip hop station (where they annoyingly never tell you the track name) and they had this advert saying if you bought a can of coke, 2 could get in for the price of one so we saved $38.00 there :) We got home and changed and cleaned then off to Pappadeaux's seafood restaurant which was adequate but I couldn't finish my meal and they put it in a take out container for me - yuk! :dead: Soft shell crab is something I am not in a hurry to repeat....

For my Birthday we drove to Dallas and stayed at an Amerisuite hotel overnight. He told me it was a cheapy hotel but if that is a cheapy then I am the Queen of England ;) Watched The Ring on TV which I loved - esp the end and went shopping the next day at the Galleria. Got some nice Fubu boots, and Cds and stuff. Had a run-in with the beeeyoootch at Abercrombie (I won :p ) and then we drove back to Houston. God the Skunks were in season or run over and damn they smell like spilled petrol. We also drove past some prison so I was over the moon at the amount of photo opportunities I could exploit. :D

Then yesterday did some last minute shopping and sat depressed in the airport at having to come home. A week is too short so I am going back in a couple of months.

One thing I will bring with me next time though.....proper tea bags. Damn, your tea sucks.

jeddah
:kisses:

SWAFMAN
03-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Jeddah,

The excitement in your travelogue leaps out of the monitor and gets me feeling a bit thrilled over it all. I'm glad you had a good experience, rather than a not-so-good one, lest you be put off about returning. I look forward to you coming back to stay for a long time, and it will give us another strong motivation to try to organize (it's spelled with a "Z", get used to it!!!!) a SSG-MM get-together some day.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that along with all the positives about the U.S. and Texas, there are some negatives. One is that many people in the U.S, and EVERYONE in Texas own guns. Some of us own LOTS of them. Quite a few of us own "concealed carry permits" allowing us to carry a concealed weapon on our person at all times.

Now, I do not mean to say that this liberty is, in itself, a negative. For my own part, I consider it a wonderful liberty, and I avail myself of it. But, in a rough part of Houston, you MUST keep your senses fine-tuned to all going on around you, so you don't get caught in the crossfire of something that has nothing directly to do with you.

I haven't been to Texas for about 20 years, but my father lived in The Woodlands, north of Houston on route 45, for quite a while. When I was there, Texans were stereotypically less than overwhelmingly tolerant of gentlemen' and 'not-so-gentlewimmin'. Not to say that applied to everyone, but certainly to many. I don't know if Texans have since become more culturally or socially sophisticated, but I hope so.

I have a sort-of stepbrother in Texas (it's a long story) who is married to an African (not african-american) muslim woman. He is caucasian. He chose to adopt her religion, and dresses in the robes and headware of that lifestyle. Well, let me tell you, he is not made to feel very welcome or accepted in most settings. I'm sure much of this is fallout from the events of September 2001, but experience tells me that even if those events had never occurred, many people's reactions wouldn't be much kinder today.

Another thing to be aware of is the issue of drinking and driving in Texas. When I was there, it was legal at that time to drive with an open container of beer. I don't know if this extended to other forms of alcohol, and I don't know if the law is even still the same, but if it is, then PLEASE be super-cautious on the roads. In many areas of Texas (as with pretty much everywhere else, I'm sure), the roads have not been expanded to accomodate the huge increase in population and traffic. Overcongestion on the roads leads to stress levels that many people are unequipped to deal with, and results in many people behaving like dangerous morons. In any setting, this is a bad situation, but when you add into this mix, the factors of legal drinking while driving, and a culture of everyone carrying a loaded gun, it's a recipe for disaster.

Other than that, welcome to Texas, and the wonderful USA!! ;)

When you come back, PLEASE give us some notice, and an idea of whether you'll be visiting anywhere outside of the Lone Star State. I'd love to show you around L.A., or D.C., or Chicago, or N.Y., or (if you like a more sedate place) central Pennsylvania.

Can't wait to see your travel pics!

Hey, I didn't read anything there about you trying "Tex-Mex" food??? When you go back, you need to go to Pappasito's or Atchafalya.

Y'All post back now, y'hear?

britcit3
03-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey Jeddah

When I was in the US last year, I had a really freaky experience in a Walmart.

They have all the usual departments plus something that we don't see in the UK.........footwear, clothing, garden, household goods, FIRE ARMS !!!!

Man, it was wierd - guns in the middle of what to all intents and purposes is an ASDA.

Very scary - glad we don't have 'em in the UK.

BC3

jeddah
03-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks Swaffy, I promise to let you know.

And thanks for the advice. I was very careful in the areas I was frequenting not only about the gentleman thing - I was pre-warned that it was a no-no, and I wouldn't go around places in the UK flaunting things like that, I am more Ian McKellen than Quentin Crisp. ;) In any case, the person I was with was my concern, not anyone else and he would've said something so, I know we were fine. He also told me about the guns and concealed guns thing. Although Bmth is a nice small town community there have been 3 murders in the club over the past 2 years I go to (a small Caribbean bar with good music) whilst I've been there so I know what can happen....:sur:

I won't drink and drive so no worries there. In any case I don't drink much anymore - not that I was a lush - following last Decembers events (it is so boring to get maudlin and miserable :crazed: :D ) so I just chat and dance with the odd bottle in my hand. Okay, so GSJ is now going to jump in and remind me of my atomic hangovers :D :D

Thanks for your concern, it is v sweet and heeded to the letter.

BC3, yep it is a complete trip. It is deceiving because it is like being in a cosmopolitan England with a Mediterranean climate but then you see some massive cultural differences like that. :stupid: :sur: :eek:

Pics tomorrow :happy:

jeddah

jeddah
03-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Okay I had to crop this one right down cos of the size limit - they made me cut out the Macy's signs :(

I can't post the others or they'll just be boring pics if I have to cut them up so if anyone wants to see any, I'll email them. :)

bye

jeddah

SWAFMAN
03-17-2003, 05:04 PM
^ JEDDINEM ^

Tibor
03-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi Jeddah,

As a public service, I need to point out that you plunked down in the one state most proud of being "big" in everything they do. We have some scrawny little states where we nibble on leaves and stuff for dinner, so plan to travel around some (if you can find your way out of the SUV canyons).

By the way, did we have to trade anybody to get you over here?... anyway, our gain, Tony Blair's loss...

T

vulcantouch
03-21-2003, 10:26 AM
i may not've known you came stateside, but i do know exactly where that pic was taken: 2nd level of the 5-level, 1/4-mile long, barrel-ceilinged Dallas Galleria mall (ice rink on lower level's the giveaway), am i right? :p
i coulda given you some nice restaurant recommendations, only beGinning with Antares atop reunion tower (http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/25608/) which i can't beLieve you didn't hit (hell, i took my mms up there a half-dozen afternoons during my trip down there 4 years ago) :rolleyes:

"they annoyingly never tell you the track name"
-most dj's are like "men; they either talk Too much or they don't say enough"- ezri, ds9's "til death do us part" ;)

"it would make him appear bothered by it which he isn't"
-i bet he would be if he didn't have the benefit of "anthropological distance" feeling like a foreigner allows him :sur:

"I am more Ian McKellen than Quentin Crisp"
-i recently viewed john hurt's Naked Civil Servant- comin eventually to the Hump (along with, maybe, your Ring remarx? or should i start callin you swaffy jr? ;P )

"there have been 3 murders in the club over the past 2 years I go to"
-yeah, in the absence of guns i hear a broken guinness bottle can do some real damage in the hands of a soccer hooligan, oy oy eat a choy :Pirate:

"the pleasant heat"
-uh yeah, in March maybe; try June :dead: so why tejas? are you so immune to the insufferable peggy hill (http://www.fox.com/community/chat/transcripts/koth_phill.htm)? :p
ha ha, jdah came all this way to not only watch a video, but to fall asleep in front of it ;)
i guess there's Two meanings to "never go back" for you now ;)

"your tea sucks"
-this from someone who makes it from Bags?? :p

"now working on my plan to move to the US"
-you forgot to ask us if america's Ready for jeddy ;) feel free to bring along vt-apropos gift (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17852) when you do :evil::greedy:
vt