PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate FX Lightsabers

Umbra
02-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Not quite sure if this best fits the prop replicas forums, but I figure its as good as any.

I was curious if anyone was able to get a good impression of them from Toy Fair. While I've always stared longingly at the FX or other replica saber lines, I've not been able to convince myself to drop the $100+ dollars on one. Thus when there were announced they piqued my interest, though I'm curious to get some more impressions on them quality wise, or if i should just bite the bullet on a normal FX one instead.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Not quite sure if this best fits the prop replicas forums, but I figure its as good as any.

I was curious if anyone was able to get a good impression of them from Toy Fair. While I've always stared longingly at the FX or other replica saber lines, I've not been able to convince myself to drop the $100+ dollars on one. Thus when there were announced they piqued my interest, though I'm curious to get some more impressions on them quality wise, or if i should just bite the bullet on a normal FX one instead.

As a "regular" FX collector I'd have to say I would give no thought to buying these. While these are nice for kids, the all plastic construction (at least that's what I've heard) makes them poor display pieces for the adult collector.

Ando
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
These new Ultimate FX series sabers are definitely for kids and definitely for play, but unlike the telescoping plastic sabers already on the market, these are for a more "authentic" play experience.

I have a modest collection of the regular FX sabers. To date I have; Yoda, Obi Wan (both versions), Mace, Vader, Anakin/Luke, Luke ROTJ, and the MR Force FX Kit Radio Shack exclusive from 3 1/2-4 years ago (that counts, right?). And for my birthday this week, my wife has led me to believe that I will be receiving 2 Darth Maul removeable blade sabers.

Having said that, I will definitely pick up a few of these for the nephews to play with when they visit. I think it will be a fairly wise investment to spend $35.00 on something that is (hopefully) readily available in stores in order to save a $100+ collectible that has to be ordered and shipped from getting destroyed by my little sister's little monsters (who I love and don't say no to).

Especially since I gave away most of my telescoping sabers a few months back to a kid who's just getting into Star Wars, so I'd like to get the LED kind which look a lot cooler, especially at night or in the dark.

I hope they will expand the line so I can get a play version of all the regular ones that I already have plus these will make AWESOME Christmas gifts for kids.

Of all the Toy Fair 2011 products we saw, this is the most exciting to me.