PDA

View Full Version : T-Interceptor Pilot

badtaste
08-26-2001, 04:09 AM
They did the same trick as they did with the B-wing and Y-wing vihicle. No resculpt but just a little change to sell.

Y-wing fighter has the same body as Wedge C. Scene.
B-wing fighter was completely the same as C.Scene figure. exept of the re-painted shiny(?) gloves.

I can't spot any difference between T-Interceptor Pilot and the POF 2 T-Pilot.
(Clones after all)
Anyway, Hasbro promised to bring out the T-bomber Pilot with articulated legs, and the vihicles are still great.

I'm afraid the will do the same again with the crashed snowspeeder figs.;)

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 01:01 PM
While the POTF2 TIE Pilot was a vast improvement over the vintage one, it no longer stands up well against the newer POTJ releases. We need a more proportionally correct TIE Pilot (they're short remember?) who doesn't look like a super-hero. Where's the ridiculously oversized helmet and baggy jumpsuit that make these guys look so funny and at the same time so cool?

I do plan on buying the Bomber (since I still have a vintage Interceptor, I see no need to waste my money on a clearly inferior (read: no electronics) one.) but I'll end up either tossing the Pilot, like I did the CFC Guard, or just jam him in the cockpit and never take him out

Neo Solo
08-26-2001, 04:58 PM
Since Mech Cewie came out my hopes for better attention to proportions have been re-ignited. Tie pilot, as well as Vader with the right heights would be awesome.

Stand your M. Chewie next to Bespin Escape Leia. Is that cool or what!!

Is Vader the same height as Chewie? Taller or shorter?

Sliver FBI
08-26-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by badtaste

I can't spot any difference between T-Interceptor Pilot and the POF 2 T-Pilot.
(Clones after all)

The only difference between those two is the Knee Articulation, wich was quite unnecesary, since the Pilot canīt be seated on the ship with his knees bent, they have to be straight in order for him to sit there.

I recomend you use the POTF2 pilot for the Interceptor, and the Interceptorīs pilor for your Displays, since two more points of articulation than the previous TIE Pilot.

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 05:30 PM
Is Vader the same height as Chewie? Taller or shorter?

Vader stands around 6'7" while Chewie is over 7 feet tall! Chewie's something like half-a-foot taller than Vader.

evenflow
08-27-2001, 08:55 AM
Yes, Chewie is taller.

As for the pilot, I usually do not buy vehicles unless I really like them or because of the figure. I was suckered into the B-wing, but I think I can withstand buying this one. :(