PDA

View Full Version : New Saga Packaging...

SirSteve
03-04-2002, 01:05 PM
I wanted to address this with all the forum users... the new non Attack Of The Clones toys will be packaged with the same blue AOTC package but where "Attack Of The Clones" read, it will read which movie the character is from (ie. Return Of The Jedi). This new format causes some problems for the way we (SSG) lists them in the archive. So, I am asking you, do you want to see the format as:

2002-Now Attack Of The Clones
2002-Now Saga (everything other than AOTC)

This may not seem like a big issue but once it is set, it will most likely become the format that is used across the web and beyond (if you recall back in E1, the battle droids had variations and we named them sliced, shot, etc. and that became the "standard" way of listing them).

Thanks.

JEDIpartner
03-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Now that IS a big question!!! Hmmm... I think that the initial interest will fall to the AOTC thread, but the later waves will be so mixed. Oooh... I suppose I would go with the "Saga" one, because in reality ALL the figures will fall into this category and I trust that we are all smart enough to figure out what we are talking about. After all, POTF2 was all figures from the first trilogy and we aren't confused about that! :D

Thanks for asking, though! Yes... my vote would go to the "Blue Card- SAGA" thing.

jedi master sal
03-04-2002, 01:26 PM
I concur with the honorable delegate from CLEVELAND ie JEDIpartnr.

I like the sound of "SAGA"

Differentiating between them during the movie years is prudent but after that I think they can be combined.

You could subhead them as this:

Blue Card: AOTC
Blue Card: ANH
Blue Card: ESB
Blue Card: ROTJ
Blue Card: TPM
Blue Card: (Episode III title to be inserted here)

And have them in a main heading of Blue Card Saga figures.

Beast
03-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Why not go with unifying the threads/archives into two lines this way:

Star Wars: Prequels

Star Wars: Classic

That way AOTC's and TPM would be seperated into the prequels area, and then ANH, ESB, ROTJ would be seperated into the Classics area? If not, I vote for saga as well. Breaking them down by movie as jedi master sal suggests works the best for the archives though, I think.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
03-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Our present format is this:

Line:
1978-1980 Star Wars
1980-1983 Empire Strikes Back
1983-1986 Return of the Jedi
1984-1986 Tri-Logo
1985-1986 Droids
1985-1986 Ewoks
1985-1986 Power of the Force
1994-1995 Action Masters
1995-2000 Power of the Force 2
1996 Shadows of the Empire
1998 Expanded Universe
1999-2000 Episode I
2000-Now, Power of the Jedi
2002-Now Attack Of The Clones

followed by a series (Basic, Deluxe, Action Collection, Playsets, etc.) so you see, for each line, series have to be created and I don't think I need to create several new lines for a few figures per movie. Visit the Picture Archive section to get a better understanding of what I mean.

JetsAndHeels
03-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Or it could be classified as this:

Blue Card: AOTC-Present

Either way, we will all understand what it means.
We will like how you present it no matter what, because it
is Star Wars.

InsaneJediGirl
03-04-2002, 02:29 PM
I'm going to have to go with the "SAGA" title for the forum.
It would probably be less confusing for everyone involved

Anyways...it isnt like we're at the Barbie Forums,we can figure it out

:D :D :rolleyes:

fourtwo
03-04-2002, 02:35 PM
keep aotc stuff seperate from the "saga" stuff despite the similar packaging, thats what i think.
saga is such a beautiful word

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Well, won't the AOTC carded figures be part of the same "Saga" cards? ANH, ESB, ROJ, TPM, and AOTC will all come on the same cards. It's just the AOTC ratio will be extremely high.

So calling the blue cards "Saga" as opposed to POTJ, POTF, EP1 etc works for me.

SirSteve
03-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Well, won't the AOTC carded figures be part of the same "Saga" cards? ANH, ESB, ROJ, TPM, and AOTC will all come on the same cards. It's just the AOTC ratio will be extremely high.

Exactly...

JetsAndHeels
03-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Well, if they are all going to be considered Saga cards, why not just put them in one big Saga category.
Then when we select that category, there can be different groups, like prequels, original trilogy, etc.
Or they could be organized by saga, then movie title.

jedi master sal
03-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Well, if they are all going to be considered Saga cards, why not just put them in one big Saga category.
Then when we select that category, there can be different groups, like prequels, original trilogy, etc.
Or they could be organized by saga, then movie title.

Hello, isn't this what I said already?

I concur with the honorable delegate from CLEVELAND ie JEDIpartnr.

I like the sound of "SAGA"

Differentiating between them during the movie years is prudent but after that I think they can be combined.

You could subhead them as this:

Blue Card: AOTC
Blue Card: ANH
Blue Card: ESB
Blue Card: ROTJ
Blue Card: TPM
Blue Card: (Episode III title to be inserted here)

And have them in a main heading of Blue Card Saga figures.

JetsAndHeels
03-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Well excuse me for posting my imput.
Sorry I took your idea.

Darth Evil
03-04-2002, 04:56 PM
I agree with the Saga-Movie idea.

Jek Porky 2002
03-04-2002, 04:56 PM
That's easy if there all in the same wave theres no question it should be called Saga thats what it is.

Jargo
03-04-2002, 05:57 PM
I don't like the word 'saga' personally since a travel company for old people started to use it. Saga holidays.....

getting back to the point, I guess that saga would be a more apt title for the combined bunch o' stuff we'll be getting with the sub-headings as detailed up there... :rolleyes:

it's a pity there couldn't be some more obvious way to differentiate the figures. but as George wants hasbro to work with him in convincing us that all six films are part of the same whole.....

So be it Jedi! Saga gets my vote. I'd rather that than AOTC. besides which saga is easier to type. :crazed:

SirSteve
03-04-2002, 06:07 PM
AOTC will be in it's own line, no question there because of the amount of toys that will be released compared to the rest of the movies.

stillakid
03-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
AOTC will be in it's own line, no question there because of the amount of toys that will be released compared to the rest of the movies.

Oh, I get it now. He's dropping propanganda bombs in the form of toys to force us to like the next movie.:eek:

Wolfwood319
03-04-2002, 07:56 PM
I thought the new cards and packaging were for all new Star Wars action figures, no matter what movie they are from.

Wouldn't it make since then to just have a section called "New Line," "blue cards," "saga" or whatever. Then just have everything put into that.

When E1 characters came out with POTJ, we didn't have a seperate area for them, it was just POTJ. The new line should not have an exception just because there are going to be more AOTC figures initially.

Jargo
03-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Shhhhhh! Don't shout so loud stillakid, he'll know we're onto him.... :crazed:

Hmmm, yeah I guess that'd be about right that AOTC has it's own line but I'm just prejudiced against messy acronyms :D

No, 'Saga - blue cards' would work for me. Because they're going to change colour when episode three comes out but the figures will still be in a unified line. Probably...

So it's 'AOTC - blue cards' and 'Saga - blue cards' that seems about as simple as it could get. :)

Beast
03-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
When E1 characters came out with POTJ, we didn't have a seperate area for them, it was just POTJ. The new line should not have an exception just because there are going to be more AOTC figures initially.
Yeah, that's true. But the line was well mixed between E1 and Classic stuff, so it wasn't necissary. In a movie year, like this year it's going to be predominatly AOTC's stuff. So I don't mind a seperate section for that. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
03-04-2002, 11:09 PM
I suppose 'saga' works. Since the line really has no name.

But, I will forever refer to this new line as the blue cards.

jawa9
03-07-2002, 12:15 AM
2002-now Saga and 2002-now AOTC works for me. I don't know about the blue cards thing though. We don't have seperate sections for red and green cards in POTF2.

Emperor Howdy
03-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Jeeez, you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill....it's simple....start with:

Main catagory: Blue Cards. Blue Cards-Saga 2002. Saga Cards with Classic Blue. 2002 Classic with Blue Saga. Goes to Classic Trilogy Saga on Blue Subhead. Then Card Sagas with Blue 2002 Classic Trilobytes. Variation Bluehead 2002 Dalmations. With the final subheadings for Classic Saga 2002 Blue Anakin resculpts.

Why are you all so disorganized?

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 01:24 AM
How about this, I'll start with POTJ.

2000-2002 Power of the Jedi
2002 - Now ANH (Blue card)
2002 - Now ESB (Blue card)
2002 - Now ROTJ (Blue card)
2002 - Now TPM (Blue card)
2002 - Now AOTC (Blue card)

sith_killer_99
03-07-2002, 01:25 AM
hehehe:crazed:

Uh, jawa9, that's cuz it was the SAME line. I believe it was called Power of the Force.

The "Blue Cards" have no title on the card...it's just......blue?:rolleyes:

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 01:27 AM
Just thought of something. I like the "Saga" idea. Here is my reasoning.

Power of the Jedi included the Classic Trilogy along with EP I, but the EP I figures were never identified under a separate category. They were included "within" the POTJ line. The same should be true with the title "Saga" because TPM and AOTC are part of the whole SW Saga.

Well those are my two ways you could do it I suppose.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
How about this, I'll start with POTJ.

2000-2002 Power of the Jedi
2002 - Now ANH (Blue card)
2002 - Now ESB (Blue card)
2002 - Now ROTJ (Blue card)
2002 - Now TPM (Blue card)
2002 - Now AOTC (Blue card)

Steve is saying if we break it down too far, like this, it will be a pain in the butt dealing with the picture archive. Notice that there are so many other subcatagories in there... vehicles, basic figures, deluxe figures, beast assortments, etc...

If there needs to be two categories for the blue cards, then let it be:

2002-present: SAGA
2002-present: AOTC

That way... once the AOTC stuff becomes less of the focus... the posts could eventually be merged into the SAGA category.

SirSteve
03-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Steve is saying if we break it down too far, like this, it will be a pain in the butt dealing with the picture archive. Notice that there are so many other subcatagories in there... vehicles, basic figures, deluxe figures, beast assortments, etc...

If there needs to be two categories for the blue cards, then let it be:

2002-present: SAGA
2002-present: AOTC

That way... once the AOTC stuff becomes less of the focus... the posts could eventually be merged into the SAGA category.

This is what I am leaning towards. If they change the card in the future, then I will change it to 2002-Now (Blue Package)

Who knows what Hasbro will do with the line(s).

You also realized "Unleashed" is in a line of it's own?

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Either way Steve, I know everyone will understand.
Everything after POTJ is on a blue card. Its pretty simple.

sith_killer_99
03-07-2002, 06:31 PM
I fear that Hasbro will change the line inbetween AOTC and EPIII.

It would seem to follow suite:

POTF2=Non-movies years
Episode 1=Movie year
POTJ=Non-movie years
Blue Cards=Movie year
????=Non-movie years
????=EPIII Movies year

I think that Hasbro likes to unveil "New" when a movie hits. New packaging, new sculpts, new gimicks, new new new. Let's face it, from a marketing perspective it seems to generate more excitement. Hasbro has been braging about all the "New" stuff for the new line, calling it Innovative, etc.

I just don't think the new cards will last.

Lman316
03-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Labeling it as 'Saga' is fine with me.
It would probably be easier than breaking it down into so many sub-categories.
But eventually, they all should probably be placed in the same category. Because the POTJ line wasn't broken down for each movie.
But for now, I'd go with 'Saga'.

Rollo Tomassi
03-10-2002, 01:35 PM
I think you'd only have to differentiate between AOTC and SAGA if it was a character like Obi Wan or R2-D2. It's not as if referring to a character on a blue card will confuse people about what section they should be in. And then multiple cross line characters (like ObiWan and R2) usually have a signifier attached (ChocobiWan, R2 w/Holo) so you wouldn't be confused by those either. "Saga" (or "Blue Card") is enough of a signifier to get people to understand what you are talking about.

"I just go the new Zam Wessell."
"Is that the SAGA Zam or the POTF2 Zam?"

or

"I just got the Lobot resculpt."
"I'm confused. the Lobot Resculpt in the AOTC line, or the Lobot resculpt in the Saga Line?"

I think simply referring to it as SAGA or "Blue Card" is plenty.