PDA

View Full Version : Custom Titanium Series Alpha Millennium Falcon

Darth Duranium
02-24-2011, 01:28 AM
I thought it might be cool to build a Titanium Series Alpha version of the Millennium Falcon/ Tantive IV so I bodged one together from stuff I had kicking around.
Comments welcome, as always. Still want to do a little grey detailing, etc.

Anybody have any good ideas on how to paint the escape pods' red markings? I can't paint that small!
Tiny red metal rings would be perfect.

Darth Duranium
02-24-2011, 01:29 AM
BTW, here's the ILM reference shot I used.24584

cloneemperor
02-25-2011, 02:36 AM
Looks nice, but the cannons seem too big in comparison to the reference pic. Looks very Corellian Gunship ish.

Whenever I've had to paint something really small when building models, I've made sure to use a very finetipped brush with fairly stiff bristles while the item is placed in a clamp to hold it in place. It's time consuming, back-breaking work, but most of the time it's turned out fairly well in my opinion. The key is to keep a firm hand without tensing up. Hope that helps!

mtriv73
02-25-2011, 12:57 PM
It looks fantastic. Great job and thanks for sharing it with us. I need to get back into customizing.

Darth Duranium
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks, guys. Yeah, not too bad considering it's part Taco Bell toy/ part Titanium.

Agreed, CloneEmp... I just couldn't find/make) smaller guns with what I had. As you know, the TS Tantive has no guns at all. My guns are made from a MM X-Wing's S-Foils and the Titanium MF's guns (base).
I think I might try using the removable rubbery "hatches" (look like end caps) from my gutted Titanium MF and turn them into turrets by poking twin metal rods into them.
Other suggestions are very welcome.

I'm gonna see if I can find small decals for the escape pods. I just can't paint that small, without it turning into a dog's dinner. ;)
But thanks for the advice, though. It might come to that.

Yeah, nobody's doing customs these days! Whazzup wid dat? :lipsrsealed:

Slicker
02-28-2011, 09:48 PM
I've seen that before but it's still just great to see how things evolved for the OT. Great custom as well.

Darth Duranium
03-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks nice, but the cannons seem too big in comparison to the reference pic. Looks very Corellian Gunship ish.!

You're absolutely right dude, but those gargantuan cannons were the best I could do at the time.
Recently though, I was able to find new cannons for it so I installed them and gave the entire ship some detail washes.
Anyhoo, comments welcome.

Rest in peace, Ralphie.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9990/falconprototype.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/falconprototype.jpg/)