PDA

View Full Version : Wave 7

Snowtrooper
03-06-2011, 10:25 PM
For your viewing pleasure, heres wave 7. I think this looks like a pretty decent wave. The figures are great and the cardbacks look excellent. I plan on getting multiples of each, provided I can find them.

El Chuxter
03-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I just hope these actually hit retailers. :( With Bom, Barriss, and Logray, this is one of my most-anticipated waves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2011, 12:04 AM
It's kind of weird to have so many secondary characters and only one main character in the wave after it being the other way around for the most part in Vintage so far. Still, they all look pretty great. I doubt I'll keep any carded from this wave, though.

jonthejedi
03-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Finally...a wave I'm actually excited to go hunting for.

JON9000
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
The OT figures are all great. I hope I can find them. I love the Fleet Trooper on card.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
The Rebel Fleet Trooper showed up on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item5adfd8d0cf&item=390302585039&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=f1S5Ts2Ertv%252BH%252Fmy8x%252FhKe5QmDk%253D) today, and he definitely appears to be based on Pello Scrambas, the gray-haired trooper that many people have been asking for. Nice!

Snowtrooper
04-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Does that cap really come with it? It looks so out of place. It looks like Ernest in a Rebel Trooper uniform.

It would have been nice if they would have just given the figure the Pello Scrambas name, since thats obviously what it is. I suppose they can sell more if its a basic rebel trooper rather than a specific one.

El Chuxter
04-02-2011, 12:48 AM
The cap appears to be in the bubble with him in the first pic above. That's awesome. I wasn't caring much about that figure, until I saw it was definitely Pellos... and the cap is bloody sweet!

(I know that probably sounds insane, but the cap seriously is awesome.)

bigbarada
04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Does that cap really come with it? It looks so out of place. It looks like Ernest in a Rebel Trooper uniform.

It would have been nice if they would have just given the figure the Pello Scrambas name, since thats obviously what it is. I suppose they can sell more if its a basic rebel trooper rather than a specific one.

Yep, some Rebel Troopers were seen wearing those caps in the awards ceremony at the end of ANH. But if you don't like it, then it's not like you have to put it on the figure. So what's the complaint exactly?

Snowtrooper
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I didn't mean for it to sound like a complaint, it just looks kinda odd. I remember other ground crew at Yavin wearing the hat, but not a RT, so thats why it seems out of place to me. Like you said, if I don't like the hat, switch to the helmet.

Snowtrooper
06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Being reported over on RS that Wave 7 is starting to show up. Someone found it at a TRU in Knoxville, TN I believe. So, keep your eyes peeled and happy hunting.

sonofsokol
06-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I am very interested to see how wave 7's distribution goes. So far with the Vintage figures, we have gotten a mixed bad. I don't know if it is due to the popularity of the figures contained in each wave, but it seems like I have seen some waves in great abundance and some waves hardly at all. I saw a large volume of waves 1 and 2, but wave 3 was very very scarce. Wave 4 was more scarce than wave 5, but currently the Target and Walmart that I frequently stop at are clogged with wave 6. I am worried that the glut of wave 6 that is out in my area may make wave 7 hard to come by. Unless there is a sale, I don't see them selling through the all the wave 6 that they currently have out.

It really makes me think that wave 6 is shipping in much greater quantities. I expected that some of the new figures from wave 6 would be hard to find, but around here even the new figures like Fi-Ek Sirch, the Skiff Master, Lando, and Dagobah Landing Luke are available is large quantities. I really thought these new figures would be as hard to find as the other new figuers from previous waves (Gam Guard, Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Zam Wessell, Wooof, Wicket, etc...) but they are just sitting there warming the pegs along with all the ROTS Clones and Sand Troopers.

It is just odd to me

TheDarthVader
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Hasbro really blew it (and they keep blowing it) by packing in clone troopers and sandtroopers. Did some of us ask for army builders? Not me, but I know some did. Did we ask for twenty sandtroopers and twenty clones to be on the pegs? Absolutely not!!

DarkJedi5
06-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Found Bespin Han (three in fact) on the pegs today but nothing else new from the wave. I guess it really is starting to hit. We'll see what the actual quantities are like though. I am after quite a few of the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

El Chuxter
06-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I predict these will be "Ross exclusives," like so many recent GIJoe and Transformers offerings have been. :(

JEDIpartner
06-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Hasbro really blew it (and they keep blowing it) by packing in clone troopers and sandtroopers. Did some of us ask for army builders? Not me, but I know some did. Did we ask for twenty sandtroopers and twenty clones to be on the pegs? Absolutely not!!

That was a very Bender-like rant. LOL

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't think they'll be too difficult to find, as wave 6 is hitting just about everywhere (everywhere that isn't clogged with sandtroopers, 4-LOMs, and Cloud Car Pilots, that is). It will probably still be a little while before we all see them, though.

El Chuxter
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
(everywhere that isn't clogged with sandtroopers, 4-LOMs, and Cloud Car Pilots, that is)
In other words, "everywhere that isn't anywhere." :D

sonofsokol
06-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop has wave 7 in stock right now, but it is only by the case. :upset:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-wave-7-12-pack?BR=495&SBR=75&ID=28715 (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-wave-7-12-pack?BR=495&SBR=75&ID=28715)

JEDIpartner
06-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I really like this wave.

The ARC Trooper Commander is a really nice figure. It's got some very cartoony elements to it, but also is a great fit in terms of film styling. The kama is removable along with the belt/holster and pauldron. He comes with a second belt/holster, a second pauldron/bandolier and two helmets. The blasters are almost cartoon-styled, but are quite nice.

Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) comes with a set of goggles and a welding torch. His hips are ball-jointed and the stripes are painted a little toward the front of the pants. That gives the legs a bit of an odd look to them, but it is still a great figure. While the Han isn't screaming "fancy", it is a very good figure and I feel we've gotten all of the best Han figures we are going to get at this point. There's very little they can do to improve upon the versions from the three films... aside from maybe giving the Endor version a more film appropriate head sculpt.

The Rebel Fleet Trooper comes chock-a-block with gear. He has a rangefinder, blaster, helmet, cap and cartridge holster for his right leg. It is an amazing looking figure, but I think his head might be a bit huge? I'll have to double check on that. I've been largely dissatisfied with the Rebel Fleet Troopers up to this point even though they are mostly scene fillers. The earlier versions (not beefy hulkster version, but the ones that came out early-to-mid last decade) fill up my little Tantive IV scene nicely, but they have limited articulation and can really only be in the two-handed firing position.

Logray is beautifully decorated as is Bom Vimdin. I was happy to get a new Bariss Offee as she and Luminara Unduli are two of my favourite Jedi. I'm glad they chose to go with the plastic hood and cape. These hang nicely on her and look very screen accurate. Yeah... the articulation on Logray is a bit "ugly", but it really is a nice figure and the staff and pouch sort of cover up those flaws. I can't talk up the Bom enough 'cos he IS da bomb! There's so much detail on this guy that it makes me giddy. Seriously, I am completely stupid over this figure at the moment. Between him and Bariss, I can rest easy until the Evazan and Ponda Baba waves are released.

BTW... the RFT's head is a little on the big side.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the notes, JP . . . did you order them online or get them in-store?

JEDIpartner
06-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the notes, JP . . . did you order them online or get them in-store?

I rarely find anything in the stores anymore, so I stopped looking all together. I have been ordering partial waves or singles or doubles of what interests me.

DarkJedi5
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I rarely find anything in the stores anymore, so I stopped looking all together. I have been ordering partial waves or singles or doubles of what interests me.

Where can you get partial waves?

JEDIpartner
06-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Brian's Toys or Big Bad Toy Store.

TheDarthVader
06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
That was a very Bender-like rant. LOL

And I actually did not mean for that to sound like bender...but when I read it with bender's voice in mind, it is a bender rant!!

JEDIpartner
06-18-2011, 10:36 PM
And I actually did not mean for that to sound like bender...but when I read it with bender's voice in mind, it is a bender rant!!

I loved it, so don't take offence. Bender's a favourite of mine. LOL

DarkArtist
06-21-2011, 10:58 AM
UGH... i'm still on the hunt for Wave 4 (never seen at retail with the exception of dozens of Obi Wan's.... now Wave 7 is starting to hit... C'mon Hasbro re-release Wave 4 for the few people (like me that got completely screwed with this wave)

sebillba
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
My wave 7 arrived today - unfortunately I can't look at them till my birthday next week. I'm so excited to be finally getting Bom Vimdin!! :love:

JEDIpartner
06-21-2011, 07:43 PM
My wave 7 arrived today - unfortunately I can't look at them till my birthday next week. I'm so excited to be finally getting Bom Vimdin!! :love:

I love your excitement! Happy birthday (early).

TheDarthVader
06-21-2011, 09:58 PM
No offense...I just think it is funny too! :)

sebillba
06-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks JP :D Tbh, there doesn't seem to be much left in this hobby for me to get excited about these days, but Bom has been my most wanted figure for the last few years, so I've been really looking forward to this wave.

tagmac
06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Just found the whole set at FYE. Price was the same as TRU, so I picked them up. Got lucky, too, as I hadn't planned on going there, but my wife wanted to look for some clothes on the second floor, so, not wanting to look for the elevator, I took my son in his stroller for a walk, and decided to stop in FYE just for the heck of it. Guess it was luck for a change.

Now, all I need is to find Wedge Antilles, and I'll be set until the next wave comes out.

JEDIpartner
06-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Now, all I need is to find Wedge Antilles, and I'll be set until the next wave comes out.

You can still get them on eBay for like $70. :rolleyes:

tagmac
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I saw those. Same price on Amazon, too. Ridiculous!

Snowtrooper
06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Someone over on RS claimed that a Wedge sold on ebay for $435. Pure insanity. I can't believe people are paying even $40 what is basically an old figure with a new head. I think it will turn up at later at some point. If it doesn't, than I'm not going to worry about it.

JEDIpartner
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
I paid $15.99 for mine. There were some variant cardbacks that were going for at least $200.

Snowtrooper
06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I paid $15.99 for mine. There were some variant cardbacks that were going for at least $200.

$16 is a good price considering how much they are going for elsewhere. I think the early variant are the ones that are bringing a premium price right now.

HTS has the Wave 7 case for preorder right now for those of you interested. $95 is the price and it comes with some repacks you'll have to deal with.

JON9000
06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
The last modern figure I paid over retail for was Princess Leia in 1996. Never again. You can get almost everything at a retail store or at a retail price eventually in this line.

Jabbapalacespy
06-30-2011, 06:31 PM
No sightings in my area yet. Probably will not be here untill the end of July or later I guess. :dis:

DarkArtist
07-01-2011, 11:01 AM
ordered the Wave 7 case from HTS yesterday... used disc10 as the promo code which gave me the case at $8.33 per figure. now I'll have all of Wave 7, I was able to get the 4 figures I needed from Wave 4 from a friend over at rebelscum.com. this means I'm all caught up at the moment (with the exception of Wedge).

with the case I'm going to have an extra Jango, Boba, EC Luke. I'm sure I'll use them from some customs.. plus I'm getting both the AOTC and ROTS Clone as well as the Sandtrooper (i got the AOTC at retail but skipped both the Sandtrooper and ROTS Clone as they are pegwarming heavily here in Jersey.)

mtriv73
07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
No sightings in my area yet. Probably will not be here untill the end of July or later I guess. :dis:

If you have a Target nearby you might want to check there. A friend of mine got everything but Bom Vimdin this AM at a Target in MD. Unfortunately, they had only put out one case so he didn't pick any up for me. At least we know they're starting to hit retail.

JEDIpartner
07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
The last modern figure I paid over retail for was Princess Leia in 1996. Never again. You can get almost everything at a retail store or at a retail price eventually in this line.

I would beg to differ. I have had such a terrible time finding ANYTHING at retail that I have resorted to ordering partial cases. I have never once seen a Gamorrean Guard in the wild... nor a Wedge. I've seen pieces of other waves, but never all of them to say that, had I purchased them piece by piece that I would've eventually gotten an entire wave. This past year has been an absolute joke if you are a collector. Gas prices are up and the days of going on a toy hunt are beyond over. It's not like you can go from Walmart* to TARGET 'cos the TARGETs in my area haven't stocked any new vintage since February. I don't think I'm alone in this or that my area is unique in that there are no full waves to be found. I understand that you said "almost", but the only thrill of a toy hunt is actually finding something from time to time... and I just really haven't.

DarkJedi5
07-01-2011, 12:49 PM
If you have a Target nearby you might want to check there. A friend of mine got everything but Bom Vimdin this AM at a Target in MD. Unfortunately, they had only put out one case so he didn't pick any up for me. At least we know they're starting to hit retail.

Oh it's most certainly started hitting. I've found remnants of at least 6 cases between two TRUs but still haven't been able to find the ARC Trooper. Though, with the exception of Han and Barriss, these don't seem to sit around very long.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I actually found some today, and I took the ones I had interest in off the pegs, looked at them... and bought five. :eek: (Han, Logray, Barriss, Fleet; and Jango from the earlier wave). Only ones left I've never seen that I would want: Padme, maybe Anakin Outlandwalker, Zam. I left the ARC there.

I was thinking; to make the smaller figures (Jawas, Ewoks, Ugnaughts, et al) more "affordable," they often put in extra "stuff." Why not a Jedi Luke lightsaber hilt in with Logray?

JEDIpartner
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I actually found some today, and I took the ones I had interest in off the pegs, looked at them... and bought five. :eek: (Han, Logray, Barriss, Fleet; and Jango from the earlier wave). Only ones left I've never seen that I would want: Padme, maybe Anakin Outlandwalker, Zam. I left the ARC there.

I was thinking; to make the smaller figures (Jawas, Ewoks, Ugnaughts, et al) more "affordable," they often put in extra "stuff." Why not a Jedi Luke lightsaber hilt in with Logray?

They probably figured they gave him the skullhood, staff, m'urse and spear and that was plenty enough you, mister! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2011, 12:47 PM
They probably figured they gave him the skullhood, staff, m'urse and spear and that was plenty enough you, mister! ;)But the Rebel Fleet Trooper got a detachable leg brace and a snazzy ballcap, Bespin Han got goggles that don't fit his head, Barriss got a lightsaber hilt and one with blade, and Jango gets his removable helmet and his Bluetooth headset. Well, now we need a Technology Ewoks 2-pack (Logray with saber hilt, and Romba [I think?] with stormtrooper gun).

figrin bran
07-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I found part of this wave at TRU on Saturday...got Logray, Han, Bom and Barriss. I had to pay more but it's not like I'll find them at Target or WM.

Snowtrooper
07-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Got my shipping notice from HTS, way earlier than the 7/25 date they had said when I ordered. The wave is now listed as shipping in one day. Can't wait to get these.

sonofsokol
07-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I scored Bom Vindin and Barriss Offee at F.Y.E. (For Your Entertainment) yesterday. Still looking for Logray and Fordo.

Snowtrooper
07-14-2011, 12:35 PM
It sounds like TRU and FYE have been the best places to find this wave. There has been a sighting or two at a few Targets here and there. As far as I know, there hasn't been any found at WM yet, which isn't surprising as slow as things have been moving there.

Snowtrooper
07-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I got my order form HTS today and I was a little ****ed off when it arrived. I had been expecting that since I ordered it by the case, that the cards should arrive in good shape and that I'd keep these on card. Well, not the case. Somewhere along the way the box had one side of it crushed which bent up the cards on all the figures. I can usually work out small bends on the cards, but they were too severe for that. So I guess I have my openers for this wave.

sonofsokol
07-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I found wave 7 at Target this morning on my way to work. Somebody beat me to Fordo and the Rebel Fleet Trooper, but I was able to grab Logray.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Finding figures has been kind of slow going for me this year. Target has had pretty empty pegs for quite a while, though I don't check near as often as I used to. They seemed to have the same few figures from wave 1 for quite some time. However, today it looked like they had got something in, and I was able to find 5 of the 6 figures, missing only the ARC Commander.

So, at this point, there aren't too many figures in the line that I want that I have missed.

Zam Wesell
Padme Peasant
Wedge
ARC Trooper Commander

and maybe Yoda, I've seen him but passed so far. It would also be nice to get a second Gamorrean Guard.

I've also passed on 4-LOM, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, R5-D4 and Commander Gree as they seem to all be repacks or minor repaints.

Wal-Mart's pegs have been crammed full of ROTS clones, so not much from for anything else that isn't a Sandtrooper.

Droid
07-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I have seen all of these figures at retail, except the one I really want, Bom. After day after day after day of toy runs, I gave up and bought him on ebay for twice the price at retail. But it'll save gas.

I'd like to have Bom Vimdin, Kithaba, and Evazan at least if the line is winding down.

dindae
07-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Found every figure except Fordo today. With the Aayla wave being pushed to next year I guess that only leaves me with 5 new figures to pick up for the year Fordo, Wedge, Bastila, Ponda, and Echo Base Trooper. Remember when we used to ramp up for the Christmas season.

Maerj2000
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Got Bom Vimdin today, didn't expect to find him so I'm very, very happy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I got Logray, Barriss, Han, and Bom the other day, and have seen remnants a few times. They're all pretty outstanding.

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Seen Barriss at Target a couple weeks ago, wasn't remotely tempted to buy.

Saw Han today at Target, pulled the trigger on that. The likeness is good, eyes are too big but this seems like a solid Harrison Ford circa 1979 piece. The neck is too thin unfortunately, I know it's a necessity of the design but I can't help but notice it. The jacket is part of the torso and not removable, which I have mixed feelings about, but since they also used blue as its base color, I don't think I like the jacket, there's just something lacking about the roughness and the shoulders on the figure - it's not "bad", but it feels like it could be better. Speaking of smoothness issues, the pants are sculpted wrinkled, the photo on the card shows otherwise, but I don't know if Hasbro's interpretation is a lesser one. I like the gun belt, much closer to the body this time, and not as fragile, but someone forgot to sculpt the strap around the thigh even if it doesn't connect - I suspect they're planning to reuse those legs for another Han, possibly Carbonite or Jabba's Palace (the only times he's out of them). The boots flare at the ankle in a very odd way, I don't understand it, I am fairly confident they're not remotely accurate to the costume though, but it's not a dealbreaker. Deco is otherwise fine on this figure. Speaking of oddities, the left hand pose, what is going on there? Holding the spanner, holding the goggles? Nice work on both those accessories, btw, but then to include the ANH gun instead of the ESB gun, what the heck? Articulation is good, standard super-articulated arms, torso is standard waist swivel though, hips are hinge & rotation which is welcome but does show a cut-away at the inner thigh, legs are otherwise super-articulated. Anyway, it's a good figure, but not quite a great figure IMO - sadly, that's the best Han Solo figures can ever seem to expect these days.

bigbarada
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Seen Barriss at Target a couple weeks ago, wasn't remotely tempted to buy.

Saw Han today at Target, pulled the trigger on that. The likeness is good, eyes are too big but this seems like a solid Harrison Ford circa 1979 piece. The neck is too thin unfortunately, I know it's a necessity of the design but I can't help but notice it. The jacket is part of the torso and not removable, which I have mixed feelings about, but since they also used blue as its base color, I don't think I like the jacket, there's just something lacking about the roughness and the shoulders on the figure - it's not "bad", but it feels like it could be better. Speaking of smoothness issues, the pants are sculpted wrinkled, the photo on the card shows otherwise, but I don't know if Hasbro's interpretation is a lesser one. I like the gun belt, much closer to the body this time, and not as fragile, but someone forgot to sculpt the strap around the thigh even if it doesn't connect - I suspect they're planning to reuse those legs for another Han, possibly Carbonite or Jabba's Palace (the only times he's out of them). The boots flare at the ankle in a very odd way, I don't understand it, I am fairly confident they're not remotely accurate to the costume though, but it's not a dealbreaker. Deco is otherwise fine on this figure. Speaking of oddities, the left hand pose, what is going on there? Holding the spanner, holding the goggles? Nice work on both those accessories, btw, but then to include the ANH gun instead of the ESB gun, what the heck? Articulation is good, standard super-articulated arms, torso is standard waist swivel though, hips are hinge & rotation which is welcome but does show a cut-away at the inner thigh, legs are otherwise super-articulated. Anyway, it's a good figure, but not quite a great figure IMO - sadly, that's the best Han Solo figures can ever seem to expect these days.

Supposedly, the new Han Solo has the same legs as last wave's General Lando figure. However, I don't have both figures in hand to be able to confirm this.

Anyways, I found Bom Vimdin, Logray and the Rebel Fleet Trooper at Target last weekend and picked them all up. They also had Barris Offee (easy pass) and a Han Bespin - but the figure had some seriously sloppy paint apps on his face, include a giant blotch of brown paint on his cheek. I decided I didn't want to pay $9 for such a flawed figure, so I'll hold off and hope to see him again later.

Logray looks pretty good, but I haven't gotten around to opening him yet.

The RFT looks great, except for the "deer in the headlights" face sculpt. I ended up swapping out his head with the one off the Hoth Rebel from the Target 3-pack. The head is only slightly loose; but I think it's a huge improvement in the headsculpt department:

Bom Vimdin is quite simply perfect in every way. I really can't find a single thing wrong with the figure. He's amazing! I haven't figured out what he's pointing at with his left hand yet, but he's nothing short of a masterpiece.

JediTricks
08-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Dude, great headswap, I love that head's steely gaze, I've never seen it before because I don't do a lot of multipack figures.

El Chuxter
08-12-2011, 12:13 AM
No love for Barriss? She was one of three figures I was actually excited about. I found her and the other two (Logray and Bom Vimdin) on the same day, then found more and the Rebel Trooper the next day (and picked him up--he was a "get if I find him, don't lose sleep if I don't" sort).

I was even less tempted by Han than JT was by Barriss. :)

(Maybe it is a "pre-Legacy EU fanboy" thing. Prior to her being totally thrown under a bus for the Clone Wars show, she had taken on a life in novels that was far more interesting than what we saw onscreen with Anakin and Obi-Wan.)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I like both the Han and the Barriss figures. She is a much needed improvement over the old Saga figure. However, I'm not sure if I like the hard cloak.

JediTricks
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
No love for Barriss? She was one of three figures I was actually excited about. I found her and the other two (Logray and Bom Vimdin) on the same day, then found more and the Rebel Trooper the next day (and picked him up--he was a "get if I find him, don't lose sleep if I don't" sort).

(Maybe it is a "pre-Legacy EU fanboy" thing. Prior to her being totally thrown under a bus for the Clone Wars show, she had taken on a life in novels that was far more interesting than what we saw onscreen with Anakin and Obi-Wan.)No love for Barriss from me, I find the character design to be especially underwhelming, and she does nothing in the films to warrant my interest. Hell, she doesn't even have an interesting outfit the way Luminara Unduli does (nice hat and Whoopi Goldberg outfit). But "green human with face dot tattoos" is not visually inspiring and neither she nor Luminara are in any way interesting to me - I don't think I own ANY figures of either of them, whereas I own the ROTJ Shaak-Ti and TCW Aayla Secura.

The prequel EU hasn't done anything for me, at $9 a pop I certainly wouldn't let it convince me to buy Barriss.

bigbarada
08-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Dude, great headswap, I love that head's steely gaze, I've never seen it before because I don't do a lot of multipack figures.

I was surprised how much of an improvement it was. Although the skin tone isn't the greatest match, but the helmet conceals that pretty well. If it bothers me too much, I might just repaint the neck at some point.

That head also looks great on the TVC Endor Trooper (but it's a bit of a tight fit), it's just too bad that you can't buy that particular Hoth Rebel figure individually carded, because it's one of the best Hasbro "generic human" headsculpts ever.

(Maybe it is a "pre-Legacy EU fanboy" thing. Prior to her being totally thrown under a bus for the Clone Wars show, she had taken on a life in novels that was far more interesting than what we saw onscreen with Anakin and Obi-Wan.)

Barriss is not that big of a deal to me. Jedi are becoming so common and trite in the Star Wars universe that I'm not going to waste my money on a character who isn't even visually interesting. Now, Shaak Ti or Aayla Secura are ones that I would definitely be interested in buying.

Snowtrooper
08-20-2011, 06:11 PM
For those who don't mind splurging a bit for this wave, K&C Collectibles has wave 7 up for $69.99. Its just the new figures and doesn't include the repacks. I bit the bullet and bought it cause I don't think that I'll ever see these in a store.

LTBasker
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I keep forgetting this wave is supposed to exist... Target and Toys R Us are still restocking with hordes of wave 6, and various Wal-Marts have been restocking with wave 5 supply that is so old the Jedi Lukes in the case have the Jabba's Palace cardback. We're going backwards! @_@

Jabbapalacespy
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I know the feeling. Everything else seems to be out - new vehicles, multi-figure packs, etc. All BUT the wave 7 figures!!!!! :confusion:

tagmac
09-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I know the feeling. Everything else seems to be out - new vehicles, multi-figure packs, etc. All BUT the wave 7 figures!!!!! :confusion:

That and Wedge!