PDA

View Full Version : No pictures of Sidious....or am I missing something?

DahrJin
03-04-2002, 03:53 PM
With all the pictures floating around the net of AOTC, has there been any of Sidious, or did I miss them all together? If there are any, please point me in the right direction.......:crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
03-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Sidious only has about 3 minutes of screentime, towards the end of the film, talking to the then-revealed Tyranus.

It's a big spoiler scene, because it establishes that the Sith are working both sides of the galaxy against one another. Very cool. :)

Beast
03-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DahrJin
With all the pictures floating around the net of AOTC, has there been any of Sidious, or did I miss them all together? If there are any, please point me in the right direction.......:crazed:
I don't think there have been any images of him floating around. From the script reviews he doesn't seem to appear all that much in the picture, probably just about as much as he did in Episode 1. And also as usual probably mostly in holographic form. The only time that I hear that he may pop up for sure in the flesh is at the end when Dooku reports to Sidious on Coruscant in a secret Sith hanger bay.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Now that you mention it...

Other than cryptic Syo Dyas references and Darth Tyranus (which is supposed to be a big suprise) there's been no mention of Sith at all in this movie.

DahrJin
03-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info, but there should be production shots of some sort right? So why haven't they been seen anywhere. Or even the shots of Sidious talking with Tyranus would be nice to see.:frus:

Not to mention, I can't recall seeing anything about an AOTC Sidious figure. I may be wrong, with all the SW info being pumped through my brain these days, who can blame a guy for over looking something.:crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
03-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Very little Sith indeed:

“One more thing”, starts Obi-Wan. “Jango mentioned he was recruited by someone named Darth Tyranus”. He asks them if they had any idea who that may be. Obviously Obi-Wan is not aware of the connection between the title Darth and the Sith themselves.

Yoda however, with all his knowledge is quick to point out that “with the forename Darth, a Sith he must be.”

Events are starting to link up within the Jedi’s heads. “Our missing apprentice. They are playing their hand at last”. Mace Windu obviously believes that this Darth Tyranus must have been the second Sith along with Darth Maul (remember they have no knowledge of Darth Sidious). It is also interesting to note that Mace even believes Tyranus had been Maul’s apprentice!

The plot thickens. Obi-Wan asks if they believe he could be the mysterious Sido-Dyas, who made the deal for the clone army.

Yoda is yet unsure. “Perhaps too many pieces are missing from this puzzle, there are.”

So really, the focus is not on Sidious at all...it's mostly on the one missing Sith and Jango.

Lord Tenebrous
03-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Actually, you know what? I take it back. There has been one AOTC picture with Sidious in it, although it looks like a recycled image. Ironically, it's the picture from which I made my sig-pic.

Beast
03-04-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
So really, the focus is not on Sidious at all...it's mostly on the one missing Sith and Jango.
I love the fact that they think Maul was the Master, since he was the one in the middle of everything and seen. They probably consider that a Sith Master would never send an apprentace to deal with such important matters. Or that an apprentice could have killed Qui-Gon. It's so great to see Sidious manipulating everyone, including Dooku to get his way. God this movie is going to majorly kick some arse. :D May 16th is seeming so far away right now. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DahrJin
03-04-2002, 04:21 PM
I did see that image before, but to me it looks to be more FAN-ART than an official picture. We know Sidious is in the film as well as Tyranus/Dooku and the MENTIONED ONLY "Sido Dyas" which I think is another Sidious alais. Dyas is the one who starts production of clones under the guise of a Jedi....but that's a whole different tangent now aint it?

Beast
03-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by DahrJin
I did see that image before, but to me it looks to be more FAN-ART than an official picture.
It's actually if I remember correctly the artwork from the upcoming Darkhorse AOTC's comic trade paperback. But yeah, that's just art showcasing the main charecters from the movie. Sidious would be included on it, even if he has a minor part, bacause he's the puppetmaster in all these movies pulling everyone's strings. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
03-04-2002, 05:49 PM
I've seen that image loads of times before it's from Episode I.

Lord Malakite
03-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Here's a nice picture I found at the official site.