PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness II

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 02:58 PM
I heard from a friend that the local Toys R Us is planning to have another Midnight Madness sale for the ATOC toy line. Does anyone know if this is true and when that date will be.

I also heard from another friend that the Preview figures will actually be flooding the market.

JetsAndHeels
03-04-2002, 03:14 PM
You had better check for yourself just to be sure.
When I went to my local TRU, I asked the manager about this and she said they might not be doing it this time around.
It is possible only certain stores will be doing this, because (from what she told me) some stores did not bring in enough to support a midnight opening this time.
I have 3 TRU's in my proximity, so I am hoping that at least 1 of them will open for me at midnight.
If not, then I will just hit a 24 hr Wal-Mart.

JEDIpartner
03-04-2002, 03:40 PM
We don't do ANYTHING here in Cleveland... well- unless it involves videogames. I can't even tell you which stores were open the last time around. I was so far out of the loop. I THINK I remember a couple store being open- saw this on the news. I probably won't be going. There was plenty of stuff on the shelves the next afternoon.

Jek Porky 2002
03-04-2002, 05:50 PM
I don't really see why they should this time.

LTBasker
03-04-2002, 07:29 PM
Doesn't matter to me if they do or not, I'm going get my stuff at Wal-Mart, if they do do that Midnight Madness, I'll just swing by there and pick up a couple extras just to see if they have one those cool certificate things again to put with the one I got on the first Madness. :D

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 09:34 PM
What are you refering to LtBasker?

LTBasker
03-04-2002, 09:41 PM
In '99 at the Midnight Madness if you bought something TRU had these certificate things they gave out, nothing really big, they were basically just things that said "I was a part of Midnight Madness" or something like that and you signed your name in a little box at that bottom, they were a nice suprise during check out. :)

Wolfwood319
03-05-2002, 01:05 AM
I know that the TRU near me isn't doing it due to lack of interest. POTJ has sat on the pegs for months, and everything was discounted to $2, so by that, they assume lack of interest.

That's ok, I didn't want to go to "Midnight Madness" anyway. I didn't do it last time, and I really don't like many of the initial figs anyway.

Jedi Drew
03-05-2002, 08:59 AM
My wife and I went to the "Midnight Madness" at the TRU in Parma,Ohio for EP1. Boy, do you want to talk about CRAZY-they had 2 cop cars there to keep order. This time around I may hit the Wal-Mart first, then TRU.

InsaneJediGirl
03-05-2002, 09:05 AM
I dont think they will do any Midnight Madness in my area.Lack
of interest plus security reasons.Wal-Mart might be doing something like this,but I dont think TRU is this year.

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 10:44 AM
I sure hope TRU does Midnight Madness, cause I'll be there! I have to get my Natalie figure! Besides, Midnight Madness is a great way to promoe the product and raise Fandom! It sure raises mine, and it makes me feel great that I love the greatest movie ever made!

evenflow
03-05-2002, 03:59 PM
I believe the TRU by me is doing it, and i will be there.

darksol28
03-07-2002, 02:37 PM
I stoped by WM today(found preview figures!) and talked to the toy manager about MM. He said since they are a 24hr store, they will begin selling the figures at midnight. He ALSO said that they will block of a 20 FOOT!!! section of shelves for EP2 toys. Looks like they might have the huge displays like the did with the first one. Keep in mind, that this store by NO MEANS is a high traffic store.

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Where are you at darksol?
I am definately going by WM tonight right after work to see if I can cash in.

darksol28
03-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Where are you at darksol?
I am definately going by WM tonight right after work to see if I can cash in.

Kansas City