PDA

View Full Version : Have You Found Vintage Waves 4 - 6 In Stores Yet?

JediTricks
03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
For the first 3 months of 2011, The Vintage Collection waves 4 through 6 have shipped and, in theory, have been sighted in stores. However, distribution has been painfully slim so far, with many collectors turning to online retailers to fill the holes in their collections. Starting with wave 5, the waves start coming from mixed sources, so collectors may not even be aware that they've seen the newest wave.

Wave 4 (Attack of the Clones):
- Kit Fisto
- Zam Wesell
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Anakin Skywalker (peasant disguise)
- Padme Amidala (peasant disguise)
- Jango Fett
- Mace Windu
- Senate Guard
- Super Battle Droid

Wave 5:
- Clone Trooper (212th battalion)
- Luke Skywalker (Death Star escape)
- R5-D4
- Stormtrooper
- Han Solo (Yavin ceremony)
- Commander Gree

Wave 6:
- Luke Skywalker (Dagobah landing)
- Clone Trooper (AOTC)
- AT-RT Driver
- General Lando Calrissian
- Weequay (Skiff master)
- Fi-Ek Sirch (Jedi knight)

So, which of those have you seen so far? You can vote for multiple choices here, based on wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, I've seen wave 5 a few times and gotten all the figures; I have everything from wave 4 except Padmé, and Jango had to be found out of state (along with a second wave 5 Yoda to open); and I have everything from wave 6 except Lando but I've seen remnants another time. So they're all in-between; they're not abundant by any means, but it's not like I've only seen one or two from each wave, either, so I'm not sure what to even vote for. Wave 5 was the most abundant, but that's basically all gone by now, and many stores still have tons of 4-LOM, Dengar, Cloud Car Pilot, Sandtrooper, ROTS Clone Trooper, and Wooof.

Also, my store rotation includes up to 20 stores, while many others may only have 1 or 2, so that should probably be taken into consideration.

El Chuxter
03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
There should probably be something in between "a little" and "plenty." For instance, I've seen all of Wave 4, but most of them only once, and only one or two figures at a time. For Wave 5, I've seen a couple of them many times, but have yet to see Luke at all.

Just my two bits.

sonofsokol
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I have 2 Toys R Us stores, 1 Wal-mart, 1 Target, and 1 Smiths Market Place (Fred Meyer) that I check at least 3 to 4 times per week.

Toys R Us #1: Have yet to see any of the new figures for waves 4, 5 or 6 at this location. Their pegs are packed with 4-LOM, Dengar, ROTS Clone Trooper, and Sand Troopers. I know they must be putting out new stuff, but I haven't seen it.

Toys R Us #2: Have yet to see any of the new figures of waves 4, 5, or 6 at this one either except for one lone Super Battle Droid almost a month ago.

Wal-mart: Purchased wave 5 here a while back, they had put out 2 or 3 cases at that time. I have seen Obi-wan and the Super Battle Droid from wave 4, so I know that they have put it out, but I have not seen any sign of wave 6. As of this morning, they have 5 Darth Vader Emo Anakins, 6 ROTS Clone Troopers and 4 Sand Troopers.

Target: I saw one Super Battle Droid once a few weeks ago. I never have yet to see wave 5 or 6. Their pegs are full of Dengar, 4-LOM, Cloud Car Pilot, and ROTS Clone Troopers. In fact, they put out
3 full cases of wave 1 a couple of weeks ago.

Smiths Market Place: Saw 1 Obi-wan and 1 Super Battle Droid a few weeks ago, saw 3 Yavin Ceremony Han Solos last week. No sign of wave 6 yet. They have actually sold through the Vintage Collection very well. They have 3 pegs for Saga Legends, 2 pegs for CW and 2 pegs for Vintage. I put these in order at least once a week, but then fail to get back in time to get the new figures they put out after I make space for them. The Toy Manager here hates me. When he sees me in the Toy Section when he is stocking shelves he give me the ol' stink eye. I try to be friendly, but to no avail. This store still has a combined total of 11 Plo Koons and Sasee Tiins from the Legacy collection Saga Legends, both in the blue packaging and red packaging. :shocked:

Snowtrooper
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I've primarily relied on online sources to get my figures, so I haven't really checked out the stores that much. But I have seen some of wave 4 at WM and Shopko and I've seen some of wave 5 at WM. Wave 6 is still new enough that either it has hit and gone, or has yet to show up. I really feel for you guys who rely on retail to find figs. This has got to be very frustrating times.

DarkJedi5
03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
My shopping zone is as large as 6 stores though the 6th is quite aways away and I only check if I'm looking for a Walmart exclusive. Point is, haven't seen anything other than Dengar, 4-LOM, Cloud Car pilot, ROTS Anakin, and ROTS Clone trooper. Really kind of a killer since I wanted to buy a few of the Senate Guards and the AOTC Clone troopers. At this point I feel like I'd be lucky to find just one.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
I've seen very little, but checking the lists (LISTS... :drool: ), apparently I've seen one from Wave 5, but nada from seis:

Wave 4 (Attack of the Clones):
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Super Battle Droid

Wave 5:
- R5-D4

autumnsdescent
03-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Please reference my post and pictures from this thread in regards to this poll:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/9083-Indiana-Just-Found/page129

sebillba
03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Since I'm in the UK, I've obviously seen nothing beyond wave 2 at retail. :rolleyes: Thank god for Star Action Figures.

mtriv73
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Despite checking several times a week at multiple stores, I still haven't seen wave 4. I've seen all of wave 5 once and a few remnants a couple of times. It's still a little early for wave 6 since it's really just started showing up. If anyone is looking for ROTS clone troopers (most of them the badly painted ones,) sandtroopers, or rebel commandos send me a PM and I can hook you up at cost:rolleyes:. Luckily I picked up most of what I need from HTS. More concerning to me is the fact that I still haven't seen the separatist droid gunship (or the Jedi Turbo speeder.) With most stores around here either out of the starfighter vehicle assortment and not restocking or swimming in tanks and obi-wan and anakin jedi starfighters that have been there for months, I may not ever see these in the wild.

Blue2th
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I found a few of these figures like Padme, R2 (not sure what wave, re-issued mixed in with others) Weequay, still looking for a few more like Zam Wesell, Kit Fisto, and Fi-Ek Sirch. I'm pretty much passing on everything else though I might pick up a Lando.

Playing catch up with a few. There's some older wave figures still out there I managed to find like Wooof and Admiral Ackbar. Wooof is excellent as described by many here and a must have, surprised that I found him. I'll be looking for a Gamorean Guard and a Wedge as soon as the mixed waves start hitting again hopefully.

JediTricks
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
There should probably be something in between "a little" and "plenty." For instance, I've seen all of Wave 4, but most of them only once, and only one or two figures at a time. For Wave 5, I've seen a couple of them many times, but have yet to see Luke at all.

Just my two bits.How is that not "a little" then?

I've seen wave 4 once, and a little of wave 5 a few times, both of which I voted "a little".

More concerning to me is the fact that I still haven't seen the separatist droid gunship (or the Jedi Turbo speeder.) With most stores around here either out of the starfighter vehicle assortment and not restocking or swimming in tanks and obi-wan and anakin jedi starfighters that have been there for months, I may not ever see these in the wild.Yes, this is concerning me as well, I love the vehicles and all of a sudden they've stopped moving around here and stopped restocking, and Hasbro brought nothing to Toy Fair in this area.

El Chuxter
03-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I was referring to finding the same two figures from a wave at every single store, every single time, with an occasional third one. It's certainly not "plenty," but I'm not sure it's "a little," either.

sonofsokol
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Update: Stopped by Smiths Market Place yesterday to grocery shop and they had put out a case of wave 4... sadly, Zam was already taken. She's the only one from that wave that I need still.

In regards to the vehicles...

At both TRU stores I go to I don't think I've seen anything new since Christmas. They are both packed with Jedi Starfighters (Anakin and Obi-wan). I haven't seen a AT-PT or Swamp Speeder since Christmas. Of course, one of the stores still has the Hailfire Droid that came with a General Grievous taking up shelf space.

Target: As of this morning, they had 1 Cloud Car, and the rest Jedi Starfighters

Wal-Mart: They have 6 Exclusive Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighters blocking the shelves for anything else. I've never seen the Swamp Speeder here at all.

Smiths Market Place: They have 1 Cloud Car and 4 of the Vulture Droid in the red legacy packaging.

JediTricks
03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I was referring to finding the same two figures from a wave at every single store, every single time, with an occasional third one. It's certainly not "plenty," but I'm not sure it's "a little," either.I would definitely qualify that as "a little", since you've only seen a little of that wave. I don't mean "have you seen remnants, proof that the wave was there?" I'm trying to get at availability to us, one of the target audiences for the brand.

Blue2th
03-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Found Kit Fisto yesterday at a Walmart. I know there were at least 2 boxes of that wave put out because there was a mangled card Kit there also.
Curiously missing is Zam Wesell. I have not seen her in the wild yet. From what I've been reading an outstandingly made figure even if obscure, and very HTF.

Been visiting all the Targets and none of them have been stocking any TVC figures since wave one. I kid you not. Don't know the decision behind that, but I guess we'll have to wait till later in the year. Target really is pathetic around here lately.