PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Empire 3, or April 1?

JediTricks
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
http://starwars.com/vault/books/crimsonempire3/index.html

I am hoping this is real, I miss stories told in the post-prequel universe. Anything that takes place with X-wings and TIE Fighters fighting somewhere has a big step up in my book.

That said, the timing on this announcement is downright foolish, it's been 13 years, announcing it so soon to April Fools makes it feel like a gag played on the audience eager for this material.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, they do explain why they didn't get going earlier. And it's not in anyone's nature to do an April Fools' joke a week before April 1, especially not these guys (and other sources as well), and especially not about something that people have been looking forward to for a long time.

You thought the Chewie on The Clone Wars thing was an April Fools' joke, too, so maybe you should just stop being so sensitive to this. :p

El Chuxter
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Wonder if Nom Anor will be seen again, or if they'll have to come up with some sort of workaround. I'd like to see more about his rise to a cult leader of sorts.

JediTricks
03-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Lucasfilm has pulled a lot of April Fools stuff before, don't discount it so offhandedly. Hell, look at Hasbro's April Fool's gag... it was in JULY! :p

The Nom Anor issue is a good one, they wanted a slow reveal and it got grabbed and used up. My guess is they'll weasel out of it, but I'd like to see them try to own it instead, try to take it back to that time and hope audiences will go along. That said, audiences won't go along.

Tycho
05-09-2011, 03:47 AM
I will gong myself! I hope the story is blood. I've been crapping for this forever.

Tycho
11-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Kir Kanos is back!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Can even a Royal Guard merge threads?

Tycho
11-17-2011, 05:23 AM
I will gong myself! I hope the story is blood. I've been crapping for this forever.

What the heck did I post? Did I use voice-to-text for this?

What the heck does "gong myself" mean?

If I want the story written in blood and I've been crapping for it, I still can't ever remember having hermorrhoids!

Anyway, the first issue of the comic was great and had boba Fett, too! Very cool.

Obsession is Nute
12-09-2011, 11:50 PM
It has been a long 10+ years, but the wait has been worthwhile! This is my favorite comic series of all time. Love the royal guards and Kanos especially.

I want to officially go on record with my theory on unrevealed idenity of the Supreme Commander of the Restored Empire.

I believe it is Kile Hannad, the Royal Guard who supposedly sacrificed himself to allow Kanos to escape from the Stormtrooper ambush on Yinchorr during the original Crimson Empire series.

Why do I think this?

First off, the original comic gives us two signals to the character's possible value. First he is given a name in spite of his very simple contribution to the story and second, his death is not actually seen in the comic, it is only suggested. All of my fellow horror fans know that if you don't see them die, they are never dead. I always assumed this character would come back at some point and I think this is it. Additionally, the third part of a trilogy often returns to the roots of the original to tie things together, Hannad would provide that link.

Also, the Restored Empire seems fairly hardlined and fanatical...something I would expect of a guardsman. The Supreme Commander also has a missing eye...one that may have been taken in a laser fight with some stormtroopers? Finally, why would anyone care about Kanos beyond a fellow guardsman? With Jax and the the Ruling Council dead, few if any would care about Kanos wherabouts beyond maybe Mirith Sinn.

Anyways, just my theory. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Tycho
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I like Nute's post above.