PDA

View Full Version : SW.com shutting down their forums?

JediTricks
04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
According to SW.com author Pablo Hidalgo, the official Star Wars site is shuttering their forums at the end of this month and deleting them at the beginning of June:
http://forums.starwars.com/ann.jspa?annID=3

That is utterly shocking to me, a new low for Lucasfilm's disinterest in fostering the fan community. And to drop such a significant bomb on those fans with so little time to do anything is entirely unfair to them.

That said, SSG was here before the SW.com forums, and now we'll be here after too.

LTBasker
04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't even know they had forums on there... and what an ugly layout.

El Chuxter
04-05-2011, 05:08 PM
SON OF A...!!!

:mad:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe they'll replace them with a George Lucas blog. That way, we'll know the TRUTH, instead of fan falsehood.

I just hope they don't get rid of the captions contest. I'm gonna get me a selection on their new site layout someday!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2011, 12:49 AM
I really never used the forums there . . . which I guess is part of the problem. That's too bad for people who liked posting there, though.

JimJamBonds
04-06-2011, 08:16 AM
That said, SSG was here before the SW.com forums, and now we'll be here after too.
Although there was that brief little sojourn with SWCollecting.com :D

JediTricks
04-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Although there was that brief little sojourn with SWCollecting.com :D
Well, we certainly have made up for that brief stint with prior uptime. ;)

bobafrett
04-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I have a few posts over there, but once I drifted away, I forgot my username and password plus I have so many other things to keep me busy. Oh well.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2011, 09:20 PM
I have a few posts over there, but once I drifted away, I forgot my username and password plus I have so many other things to keep me busy. Oh well.Your user name was "StarWarsFan," and your password was "1 2 3 4." You're welcome. :p

I had never changed my password, but when I went to log in, it'd tell me it was wrong. I changed it back each time; same deal. Loverly... especially considering what I chose for it.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Apparently, Steve Sansweet was dismayed at this announcement as well. He didn't think it was a good move... according to an interview with him on Star Wars Action News' podcast last week.

JimJamBonds
04-22-2011, 08:33 PM
I have a few posts over there, but once I drifted away, I forgot my username and password plus I have so many other things to keep me busy. Oh well.
Email JT, he should be able to help you!