PDA

View Full Version : Jabba's girl...

fourmica
04-10-2011, 01:40 PM
What made Jabba finally decide that his first slave, the rather homely looking one that warmed Jabba's dais before Leia, wasn't worthy of being his slave any longer? She was dancing like everything was normal when Jabba yanked her over the trapdoor, she started whining like she knew what was coming, and then he dropped her and laughed at her pleas. Jerk move for sure, but I got the impression she had danced wrong somehow. Or did he just decide he needed an upgrade on her looks and she'd be better as a Rancor treat?

El Chuxter
04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Are you talking about Oola, the green Twi'lek with the mesh costume? It's never explicitly stated because it's a family movie, but Jabba's expression and her response as he tries to pull her toward him implies he's trying to get a bit more action than just dancing, and gets mad when she doesn't cooperate.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-10-2011, 02:32 PM
And we're ignoring the EU story from Tales From Jabba's Palace, right?

fourmica
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Uh yes, the green one with the see-through clothes. "More action"? If that were the case why didn't she freak out sitting next to him all that time? Seemed like he could have just pulled her to him if that's what he wanted - I don't think a scrawny girl like that would win a tug of war match.

And yeah, any of that EU stuff doesn't apply.

Slicker
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Perhaps her dance was foreplay to him and then he wanted to finish and she wasn't about it...

fourmica
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Probably not the smartest choice not to comply - not like she had much chance to get away from him.

Does anyone know what he says to her, out of curiosity? I know it's "da eitha" and "boscka" or something like that, but 3PO never translates, nor are their any subtitles. Generally I get the idea of the statements - just wondering if they meant something specific.

JimJamBonds
04-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Probably not the smartest choice not to comply - not like she had much chance to get away from him.

Does anyone know what he says to her, out of curiosity? I know it's "da eitha" and "boscka" or something like that, but 3PO never translates, nor are their any subtitles. Generally I get the idea of the statements - just wondering if they meant something specific.Any subtitle or translation would be redundant since its obvious as to the meaning.

El Chuxter
04-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Plug in the words from NWA's "Automobile," and you'll get the gist of it. :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know what he says to her, out of curiosity? I know it's "da eitha" and "boscka" or something like that, but 3PO never translates, nor are their any subtitles. Generally I get the idea of the statements - just wondering if they meant something specific.I always took "bosca" to mean "die."

fourmica
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Ah. Yeah somewhat of a disturbing song, but I get the gist alright. And right...I think "Boscka" does mean "die", more or less.

Why does he let Leia kind of resist him (I don't think she was willingly compliant at least) but kill the green one as soon as she tries to get away? Thought Leia was more worthwhile I guess?

El Chuxter
04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Ordinary slaves are disposable. Jabba can just buy another one.

A Princess and Rebel leader forced into slavery, however, must be broken. "Soon you will learn to appreciate me."

fourmica
04-17-2011, 10:50 PM
That makes sense - so you're saying the first girl was pretty much worthless to him, or at best like a domestic pet, and when she screwed up he had no patience with her since she should have known better -

While Leia was given more leeway because she wasn't normally a slave, and was also probably more valuable (and cuter without the worms growing off her head) than the other girl, "Oola".