PDA

View Full Version : That Saber!

Jek Porky 2002
03-04-2002, 06:47 PM
What is the deal with that built in lightaber on the AOTC Anakin, is there a reason for this or is it just an experement?

bigbarada
03-04-2002, 07:01 PM
It's a throwback to the vintage telescoping sabers from the (you guessed it) vintage line. I guess Hasbro's trying to go all retro on us.:rolleyes:

Beast
03-04-2002, 07:07 PM
Just a little experiment, don't expect it to be the norm. They wanted to do something vintage-like for the new line, but thankfully it seems it will only be on this one Anakin figure. I'm pretty sure we will get a re-sculpt of this outfit anyway, he wears it during the whole time he's on Naboo, so it's a major costume.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 07:07 PM
From what I hear the lightsaber isn't exactly attached to the figure rather that is what the figure looks like with the "Force Action" that is mentioned in the ads. The lightsaber is oversized due to the magnets needed to use this feature.

LTBasker
03-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Nah it's built-in like the old ones, if it was magnetized they would've just made it metal and put the magnet on his hand. Personally I don't see why they have to make these "tests" to release rather than trying them on a private audience there. They said Eeth Koth was a test for the poses with the E2 Jedi, removeable saber blades and the energy blasts on the blades.

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 11:52 AM
I would have liked it a lot more if Anakin could 'hold' his lightsaber rather than having it come out of his arm. But of course Hasbro is going to make a MILLION Anakins this year, so I'm sure they will make one that holds his weapon.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Well... I suppose it was kinda cool at first when the original 12 came out in 1978. If you notice, however, that the feature didn't make it to ANY of the new figures from ESB onward. That should have been a pretty good indicator that this feature was passe and didn't work. Oh, well. Toss another anvil on the designer.

pthfnder89
03-05-2002, 02:32 PM
Well the vintage one was pretty innovative for the time, but it still never looked all that great. I think Hasbro figured it could make a much better looking lightsaber by making it a seperate peice.

With AOTC, the saber blade looks as realistic as any of the seperate ones, but it comes at the expense of the rest of the figure.

All in all, I think it's kind of neat that
Hasbro tried this, but it's not something I really like. I'll wait for the next Anakin figure.

hairless chewie
03-05-2002, 02:40 PM
So does this Anakin have a big hole along the bottom of his arm like the old ones do?????

Unit-01
03-05-2002, 04:00 PM
BUM BUM BUM!!

SEE HERE (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/swsaga0201anakinoploosebackdetail.jpg)

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 04:07 PM
That is completely tragic!!! That will look good- arm raised up in the air. Pretty! :eek: :crazed: :dead:

Jek Porky 2002
03-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Oh no just look at that, what a tragedy.

Beast
03-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it's a good looking figure...other then that bloody arm. Hopefully Hasbro will give us a re-sculpt without the extendo saber. A re-sculpt of him and Padme: Arena Battle and I think that will fix the only two real clunkers in the line. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
03-05-2002, 07:18 PM
What's the matter with Padme, I think it looks like a good figure!

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 07:20 PM
Nothing... except she's the same size as Anakin.

Beast
03-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
What's the matter with Padme, I think it looks like a good figure!
Not only is she a bit tall, she also has that cheesy quick drawing blaster features. I don't mind the magnets, the exploding SBD, or the other lil features. But they kinda screwed the scale up so that she could quickdraw. Not to mention they really sculpted her out of preportion. It's Natalie Portman, not Cindy Crawford.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BInks