PDA

View Full Version : endor shuttle

fourtwo
03-04-2002, 06:14 PM
rebelscum is saying that its coming out fairly soon, fao exclusive, and around 100 bucks US. even though thats way to much for me i'm excited, how bout you?

Beast
03-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RebelScum
"Deck Crews To Landing Bay. Shuttle Approaching."
Jeremy: Frank from Niubniub's Universe managed to come up with what might be some interesting info on the new shuttle.

At the moment the Tyderium Shuttle is going to be an FAO Schwarz exclusive, and you should expect to see it around April or May with a US$90 to 100 price tag. There isn't any firm information on what pack-ins the Tyderium Shuttle will come with but it has been hinted that it could include a Han Endor resculpt, possibly with 2 Endor Commandos as well. As you'd expect Hasbro are being tight-lipped about this vehicle so there are no confirmed details as of yet.

Intresting, but I don't buy it. We would have heard somthing more substantial by now, if it was coming out in two months. I heard and posted news about the Imperial Shuttle a week or so ago, and those rumors suggested Christmas for 75.00 at FAO, was more likely. It's definatly not coming out in April or May, and they wouldn't have shown the pack-in's loose, without the shuttle at Toy Fair. So I hightly doubt the Pack-in's will be Han:Endor or the Rebel Commandos, that we saw at Toy Fair.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
03-04-2002, 06:32 PM
Besides those figures looked too high quality for pack-ins.;)

Beast
03-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Besides those figures looked too high quality for pack-ins.;)
Exactly. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Hmm... I'm good friends with the guy at NiubNiub's and I trust him but on this type of info I think it's just wait and see, I'm sure we would've seen the Imperial Shuttle at Toyfair or it would've come up in a store computer somewhere by now.

Jargo
03-04-2002, 07:18 PM
With aglut of AOTC stuff this may i doubt that parents would fork out $100 for a shuttle and a load of movie tie in stuff at the same time. Even collectors would think twice. It sounds more realistic to release it at xmas when people traditionally spend spend spend. An ideal xmas gift either to oneself or the kiddie winks. no way this would crop up at the release of a new movie. With so many vehicles already coming out at that time or sooner? Tie Bomber, At-St, Snowspeeder,Slave-1, coruscant speeders. Too much.

Pack-ins? Not those figgies seen at Toyfair, they were far too detailed for pack in status. And three? What planet is that guy living on?!!!!!!!!! Yeah right! Hasbro would just give stuff away? And I'm a monkey's Uncle..... :rolleyes: "OOK?" :confused:

Lord Malakite
03-04-2002, 07:32 PM
I heard about the shuttle from a few of my sources a while ago. I mentioned it to SirSteve, so I'm pretty certain he's keeping an eye out for any possible developments on this news.

Dryanta
03-04-2002, 07:45 PM
I'm no expert on these things but I don't buy it either.Christmas sounds much more realistic to me.I would love it if it were only a few weeks away but again I don't buy it.I think you guys are right it would have been shown at Toy Fair.It'll probably be seen at one of the summer shows

fourtwo
03-04-2002, 09:03 PM
i dunno if kids even care about classic trilogy stuff really. i'd love to get a shuttle as its one of my fav vehicles but realistically can't afford to buy it in american dollars and get it shipped here. the at-st is gonna be tricky for me as is.

LTBasker
03-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Who cares if it's classic or not? If it had the exact same electronics it'd be awesome, I mean it would have a motor that I think lowered/raised the wings, what kid wouldn't love a toy like that and you could also put figures in? :)

Lord Tenebrous
03-04-2002, 09:13 PM
I kind of wish that they would do a Hasbro direct-order on this vehicle. I recall back to Ep1, where every Royal Starship I saw was severely shelfworn. Same with the 12" Dewback/Trooper, wide-open, re-taped, kicked-in, missing the trooper, etc.

I know this is a piece that people want to open, but you just take so much more pride in merchandise when it doesn't look like it was dropped off a helicopter. And, of course, you'd have more distribution this way than as a store exclusive, particularly to more isolated parts of the world...like North Dakota.

Beast
03-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I kind of wish that they would do a Hasbro direct-order on this vehicle. I recall back to Ep1, where every Royal Starship I saw was severely shelfworn. Same with the 12" Dewback/Trooper, wide-open, re-taped, kicked-in, missing the trooper, etc. I know this is a piece that people want to open, but you just take so much more pride in merchandise when it doesn't look like it was dropped off a helicopter. And, of course, you'd have more distribution this way than as a store exclusive, particularly to more isolated parts of the world...like North Dakota.
Not to worry, the boxes seem way more sturdy then they were back then. The box that the AT-ST is packed in is built like a tank. And if it does turn out to be a FAO exclusive, I don't think you have to worry about the box becoming shelfworn. Since most of us will have to order them on-line anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
03-04-2002, 10:17 PM
I can't stand paying the extremely high price FAO charges and then finding it 6 months to a year later for 1/2 the price (unless it sells out to scalpers, then the price 2x's or 3x's). It would be nice to get a new one though:)

hairless chewie
03-05-2002, 01:44 AM
Does anyone even have a FAO near them?? Every one that I knew of has closed down. Even the catalog has gone down hill.:cry:

KENNY GUIDO
03-05-2002, 06:14 AM
NOT TOO MUCH MONEY IF YOU HAVE A JOB, AND LETS HOPE THIS FOLLOWS LIKE THE MOTHERSHIP'S HISTORY OF PRICES! (99.99-29.99)

Jargo
03-05-2002, 06:34 AM
I just had a thought about this rumour of a release close to AOTC time, Maybe they decided from all the complaints about the AOTC figures that it would be wise to keep the collectors happy and release more classic stuff. If there's not going to be sales on AOTC stuff from the prequel dislikers then what better way to get them spending than to release a vehicle they've been wanting for years? I know I'd shell out for a shuttle over the AOTC toys. I just bought the AT-ST rather than pre-order the AOTC figures so Possibly hasbro are taking this kind of reaction into account.

I know that it's unlikely - highly unlikely. But it was just the thought i had as I woke up today. I'll probably read this later and feel a right charlie for typing it but what the heck, any thoughts are better than none. :)

DarthMaulSithLord
03-05-2002, 07:11 AM
If it is $100 it's probably electronic, 'cause if it isn't would Hasbro really charge that much?

:rolleyes:

KENNY GUIDO
03-05-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Christmas for 75.00 at FAO, was more likely.

thats never going to happen. FAO is closing most of its store.

KENNY GUIDO
03-05-2002, 07:18 AM

Since most of us will have to order them on-line anyway.

not me. we have toys r us's every 5 miles here on long island.

KENNY GUIDO
03-05-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
Does anyone even have a FAO near them?? Every one that I knew of has closed down. Even the catalog has gone down hill.:cry:

i have an FAO like 7 miles away from me, but its closing. the next one is in manhattan, 35 miles away, but i think its closing too.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie

The closest one to Cleveland that I know of is the one in Chicago!!!:frus:

Darkross
03-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Someone please educate me...What on earth is FAO? I'm from CANADA....EH! and I've never heard of FAO.

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 10:32 AM
There used to be an FAO here in Colorado but it CLOSED! Ouch! $100 is a lot but may be well worth it if it's amazing and has cool pack-ins.

evenflow
03-05-2002, 03:42 PM
I am not sure if i believe it. If it is true, I hope that those won't be the pack in. I hope they call it the imperial shuttle and include two Imperial Dignitaries. Now that would be cool.

JetsAndHeels
03-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
Someone please educate me...What on earth is FAO? I'm from CANADA....EH! and I've never heard of FAO.

FAO Schwartz is a chain of stores in the US.
They often carry exclusive collectibles that are hard to find on the market unless you live close to one, which I dont think many people do.
When I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago I got excited because they had one there, but when I got upto the door it was closed and shut down.
Not good news.

evenflow
03-05-2002, 04:33 PM
I live 5 min away from NYC. There is the one there.

sith_killer_99
03-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah, my Dad lives in Minnesota, and there is an FAO at the Mall of America. I stopped in once and found the EP1 whatchamacallit. The monstrosity was going for $75.00 at the time. I know some of you would like to get your hands on this thing, but trust me, your not missing much.

FAO exclusives are BAD news. Unless you are a scalper who happens to live near one.:rolleyes:

The Private Universe
03-05-2002, 07:08 PM
<BEGIN BLATANT PLUG>

I have some confirmed official news about the shuttle on my site if anyone is interested... including price, pack-ins and release date... seems RS are way off ;) Strange as it may seem small sites do get scoops as well...

</END BLATANT PLUG>

Pete

KENNY GUIDO
03-06-2002, 05:47 AM
FAO is not only in the US, its over in ENGLAND too.

Jargo
03-06-2002, 06:25 AM
Where? :confused: Never heard of it other than in the States. I suppose it's a Southern store then. Can't be up here in the North. We don't get anything up here because we're second class citizens as far as big businesses are concerned. Everything stops at the Watford gap. Actually as far as I'm concerned it's like a moat keeping the Southerners at bay :D

Anyway, any info would be appreciated. :)

DarthMaulSithLord
03-06-2002, 10:34 AM
I hate exclusives, it means that Europeans have to shell out more dough to get it. Oh well, it's probably non-electronic so i don't have to bother anyway.

:frus:

Darkross
03-06-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
I hate exclusives, it means that Europeans have to shell out more dough to get it. Oh well, it's probably non-electronic so i don't have to bother anyway.

I know what you mean...us Canadians have the same problem with Exclusives...especially if it is going to be an FAO exclusive. I've never seen those stores before, nor do I live near any. I fully expect Target to get the Shuttle Exclusive...since they are due for one. TRU and Wal-Mart each have had the past 4 exclusives, so Target will probably get this one. The nearest Target is 300 miles from where I live, so looks like I'll be taking a long trip if they do get them this fall.

fourtwo
03-06-2002, 03:19 PM
exclusives annoy me too. i see all this neat stuff that i want so bad like the luke speederbike set from target and i just get all sad. fortunatley someone sent me the luke and speederbike set and i didn't have to pay one red cent :D

KENNY GUIDO
03-07-2002, 11:36 AM
as of today, THRAWN posted this:

"The shuttle won’t be since it will cost around $100 because of its size. "

Is his assumption wrong?

Lman316
03-07-2002, 12:51 PM
I would honestly like to see this piece, but I wish that it wouldn't become a store exclusive, especially if that store is FAO, because I'm no where near any of their stores.
I can do Wal*Mart, but that's really about it. I'm no where near a Target or TRU. I have to drive about two hours to get to those places, and I really can't be doing that all the time to check for exclusive vehicles. So, if they make it a Wal*Mart exclusive, I'll have no problems, but anything else I'm going to need some help.
But onto the item itself, I think that it should include some kind of pack in. The Imperial dignitaries would be okay with me, or maybe even a generic Imperial officer in the OD uniform. I keep thinking of that officer that presents Luke to Vader on Enoor. The one who says: "He was armed, only with this..."
But either way, just bring it on, Hasbro!

Darkross
03-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I keep thinking of that officer that presents Luke to Vader on Enoor. The one who says: "He was armed, only with this..."
But either way, just bring it on, Hasbro!

"Good work commander...leave us! Conduct your search and bring his companions to me!"

I love it when Vader talks with that deep voice! He's my favorite villain and Sith Lord. Darth Maul is cool, but I only wished that he said more, did more and lived in TPM.

Onto the endor shuttle, I'm kind of thinking that regardless of the exclusiveness of the shuttle, it will be subject to very limited distribution because of the cost, thus making it harder to find than any other exclusive. Hopefully this won't be the case..."I hope not...Hasbro...for your sake! The collectors are not as forgiving as I am!"

KENNY GUIDO
03-07-2002, 04:37 PM
well, im officially ****ED OFF!!! FAO by my house closed down last week (i saw it coming) and so did the one upstate. so, im going to have to hop on the LIRR or most likely drive into NYC to the FAO there and but it (i dont dare walk or take a cab to PENN STATION with this mammoth of a box!)

Beast
03-07-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm not worried about the FAO's closing, I'll just order it from FAO's online store. I'm sick of trying to hunt down exclusives at the stores, and anytime I can order the figures or ships on-line I'll do it. The money I spend on shipping, saves me the hassle for gas and time driving to these stores every day trying to find somthing. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
03-10-2002, 08:59 AM
So ehmmm....any word on the Shuttle's features or improvements? Or are they just going to slap it into a box and sell it like the Y-Wing or B-Wing?

Rollo Tomassi
03-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The closest one to Cleveland that I know of is the one in Chicago!!!:frus:

Hey! That's the closest one to Iowa, too! I'll meet you there and we can finally meet face to face!:p

Beast
03-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
So ehmmm....any word on the Shuttle's features or improvements? Or are they just going to slap it into a box and sell it like the Y-Wing or B-Wing? :frus:
The tooling and paintjobs on the Y-wing and B-wing starfighters are a vast improvment over their vintage versions. So I assume the same will be done to the Imperial Shuttle. Some new tooling, a better paintjob, should make it well worth it. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

iguanabytes
03-10-2002, 01:55 PM
I thought F.A.O. was going out of business...?:confused:

KENNY GUIDO
03-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Their closing alot of stores like K-MART (but not as drastic) & TOYS R US.

KENNY GUIDO
03-10-2002, 03:08 PM
The Y-WING was a major disappointment. No cockpit for an R2 unit.:(

Jargo
03-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Don't take this as a criticism Kenny, but why do you keep posting a seperate message for every sentence? why not use the edit button and add to your prior message? Just a suggestion so don't shoot me. :)

Anyways, I reckon the shuttle would have to have it's electronics for that price. Plus a few more sounds and flashing lights. But if a poxy ship like the jedi starfighter can cost 20 dollars then with a big one like the shuttle I'd expect to see some serious cash being asked.

FAO ship to the UK but there's a $200 minimum order and the shipping is equal to 40% of the total order. $80 is rather a lot to be paying for shipping I feel.... :rolleyes: just as a comparison, in pounds sterling $80 is worth roughly £56.22. Collectors gallery charge around $28.45 or £20. Still expensive from a UK collectors POV.

I still don't understand why so many vehicles are US only exclusives. They may be hard for a lot of you guys to find but we have to search that much harder. It becomes a battle to grab one before anyone else. Ludicrous. Why not just send enough out to cover Europe too? The Y-wings and Skiffs we saw over here came from Hong Kong direct. They cut out hasbro completely and sold via the grey market. Which upped the price for most of us.

Reports of a £100 price tag are optimistic. by the time the collectible stores and comic stores get them the price will probably have gone up to £150 which works out at $213.41 and that's not an exageration at all. maybe one or two stockists will lower the price from buying via dodgey sources but mostly we'll be looking at ridiculous prices. That's why I said I was starting to save now ready for a September shipment over here. I'll be glued to my PC watching the online stores like a hawk and sitting ready with credit card to snaffle one the minute they start to appear. Aint nothing coming between me and a shuttle this time round.

But it's all academic right now until Big H confirms that it's coming.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-11-2002, 08:49 AM

The tooling and paintjobs on the Y-wing and B-wing starfighters are a vast improvment over their vintage versions. So I assume the same will be done to the Imperial Shuttle. Some new tooling, a better paintjob, should make it well worth it. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I wasn't talking about the paintjob. I was refering to the lame landing gear of the shuttle and the rather dull cockpit.

The Y-Wing was great, but they didn't fix the landing gear and it actually took a step back into prehistory when they made the R2 unit non-removable.

:D

mark2d2
03-11-2002, 03:27 PM
I agree absolutely about the Y-wing droid slot issue. That really annoyed me. Got under my skin so much that I never even bothered to pick one of these ships up and I actually saw them numerous times out here in LA. And I had really been looking forward to this ship.

But I have no regrets. The absence of the electronics also bugged me.

QUESTION ABOUT THE SHUTTLE. Okay, we can see the cockpit clearly in the photos. But what about the main body of the toy? Does it have another room or chamber where the remaining crew can go? Or does it really only hold two figures?

Jargo
03-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Not having ever seen one save for the scant few pictures around, I seem to recall BigBarada saying to me that it has a chamber accesible from the side via a lift off panel that will hold several figures lying down or two or three sitting. but it's not much more than a storage chamber. Possibly due to the battery and leg storage space taking up so much room.

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Not having ever seen one save for the scant few pictures around, I seem to recall BigBarada saying to me that it has a chamber accesible from the side via a lift off panel that will hold several figures lying down or two or three sitting. but it's not much more than a storage chamber. Possibly due to the battery and leg storage space taking up so much room.

Actually, you'd be surprised how nice the interior of the shuttle is. I've had one ever since it came out oh so many years ago, and it's an awesome toy.

The right side of the body basically pops off, and you have access to the interior. It was REALLY well done I thought, not just a storage chamber like the Rebel Transport. It's at least as well done as the Falcons main room, with nice decals and it also has 3 or 4 foot pegs! I also thought it was extremely cool that Hasbro sculpted in STAIRS leading down into the room from the cockpit. Granted, they're WAY out of proportion, but it's a nice detail. The ramp is also pretty cool too, located behind the cockpit and at the top of the "stairs"
:)

The battery situation was handled really well; the battery compartment is actually the rear of the vehicle where the engines are. It's hard to describe, but the engine pops down and the batteries are placed length-wise inside so it actually doesn't take up any space that could be used for figures.

If they do wind up releasing it again, any of you guys who never had a vintage one are in for a real treat!:D It really is one of the best Star Wars toys they ever made.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
But I have no regrets. The absence of the electronics also bugged me.

The biggest reason why i didn't get the B-Wing, Darth's TIE or the TIE-Interceptor. I am still deciding whether or not to buy the Bomber. It is a great vehicle and all, but just boring and overpriced. If i want one i'll have to shell out $35.

mark2d2
03-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I hesitated on Vader's TIE for as long as I could, but found it impossible resist when I encountered it at $9.99 one day at Toys R Us.

As far as the Bomber goes, it's just too cool NOT to pick up IMOP. Plus it's a all new vehicle from the OT. Quite the rarity. Mine's on order for $32, nonmint. And I can't wait till it gets here.

fourtwo
03-13-2002, 01:03 AM
lack of electronics usually makes me wnat something more. electronics have always struck me as cheesey and an un-functional price increaser for me. although its rad for kids and these all all for the kids. no matter what age i spose

hairless chewie
03-13-2002, 01:19 AM
All the Tie Fighters have been OK so far but what about a Tie with a sound chip that makes several of the the Tie trademark screeches? That would be a cool ship.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-13-2002, 07:58 AM
Seeing as how much Hasbro charged us on the Y-Wing, B-Wing and TIE-Interceptor and -Bomber, electronics should have been in them. Do you remember the price of the X-Wing that was released in 1995? It was approx. $24 here in The Netherlands and it was medium sized and had nice sounds (no lights which was a big shame). The new POTJ ships are all in the $34.99-39.99+ range and don't have sounds, lights or anything special about them. Yeah a lousy repainted fig, but that doesn't make up the difference IMHO. If they had electronics, fixed (and scaled) landing gear and at the same price point, these would have sold like crazy. Now Hasbro didn't get my dough on these vehicles (i only bought the Y-Wing), hope it hurts.

:D

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 08:16 AM
Anybody got a clue on the price point? I'm guessing since it's got FAO it'll be the $75.

Here's what I'd like to see for it:
If they don't want to do electronics, redo the inside, the main body itself doesn't need to be changed but instead of that tiny area and a majorly hollow ship make the area bigger for more figures with a better access to the cockpit.

Redo the front landing peg which on the vintage on stays down during flight as a handle/trigger for the electronics.

Detail the cockpit better, like the TIE Bomber cockpit.

Give it a new paint job (of course) but don't make it look like it just came through a battle against 50 Super Star Destroyers. :sur:

I think considering it was $40 then and we're gonna have to pay $75 for it, it's not too much too ask considering if they just add a new paint job and yank out the electronics we'd be getting an inferior version to the vintage one.

Jargo
03-17-2002, 03:23 PM
artoosnews are reporting that there will be no pack-in figures of any description which backs up what theprivateuniverse reported a while back.