PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 90

JediTricks
04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 2 {two} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on May 27th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 89 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to suggest new questions, but please keep in mind that due to the now extra-limited nature of the program, we cannot use every suggestion.

Current questions (vote for up to 2):

- Force FX has entered a new phase with the removable blade series, and so far we've seen the first couple waves. Thanks to Clone Wars, female characters are back on the rise in Star Wars and bringing in more female collectors - Ahsoka especially has been selling very well. What does the future of Force FX look like? What are the chances of Ahsoka's lightsaber being added to the Force FX line, better opening that market up to female consumers and getting Clone Wars main character recognizability?
- You have this nice new Qui-Gon Jinn figure that came out in the Jedi Evolution set, and has been re-released in the nifty Eopie mail-away set, yet both times the figure has been marred by including the blobby 1999 lightsaber accessory. Luke Jedi keeps coming out with either repaints of the ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsabers (which has different details), or worse, the blobby Obi-Wan POTJ saber from 2000. Both the '99 Qui-Gon and '00 Obi-Wan as Luke Jedi sabers also have the old smooth blade design without the flare on top of their soft hilt sculpting, and both Qui-Gon and Luke Jedi actually had better saber accessories designed during the Saga line, yet we never get them. And what about one of the most iconic lightsabers in recent SW memory, Darth Maul? There is no modern-quality version at all, the closest is the '02 Saga metal hilt with removable blades, but the blades break easily, so we haven't seen it in a while, and it's a bit long. We don't have a deactivated one to hang on a belt, don't have a 1-blade-activated version, don't have a "cut in half" version, Maul is pretty lacking for his weapon. Why are we getting old junky saber accessories with the modern versions of these guys? Why aren't we seeing better, more accurate lightsaber accessories for some of these fairly major, recognizable Jedi characters? And will these issues be addressed soon?
- Vader's TIE Advanced X1 has been using the same POTF2 mold for over 13 years now, and the design is showing its age. The cockpit hatch is all wrong, the window is too small, the implementation of action gimmicks hurts the movie-accuracy and just aren't that fun, the cockpit isn't terribly accurate or sized that well to modern Vader figures, and the color is the blue-gray color of ESB and ROTJ rather than the proper gray color of ANH - the only film it was in. This is Vader's signature vehicle, it should at least live up to the quality of the other vehicles in the line, much less represent one of the brand's top characters - especially since the Hasbro SW team's vehicle designs have been so good lately too. What are the chances of seeing something done to address those issues on Vader's TIE Advanced X1 in the foreseeable future?
- A few years ago, we asked about the chance for updating the role-play Han Solo Blaster and Stormtrooper Blaster accessories, and your response was a not at that time because they weren't supported by then-current entertainment. The existing role-play Stormtrooper and Han blasters are molds from the late '70s, now technically 5 decades old. While they do have some pretty decent design for items from that era, compared to Hasbro's newer role-play blasters, they come up a bit lacking in accuracy and features. We don't expect all-black movie accuracy due to safety concerns, but on those 2, the seams are a bit uncomfortable to hold, the lights and sounds don't deliver all that effectively and don't rapid-fire nicely; and on the Stormtrooper blaster, the stock is still missing in action, and there's never been a clip. With ANH being re-released next year on Blu-Ray, and in theaters in a few years, it seems like there are going to be opportunities to deliver updated versions of those 2 iconic blasters in the role-play lineup, so is there any chance of seeing that happen?
- Sgt. Bric's initial cartoon outing turned out to be kind of a bust. The character was an unmemorable jerk and didn't really add anything to his storyline. In fact, if not for the action figure you guys did, he'd be a complete nobody in 2010. And on top of that, the postage on his set when it arrived in Los Angeles was a whopping $5.15, so after the cost of the box and the handling, just getting it out the door probably ate the entire $6.99 right there. Combine that with the fancy packaging and the battle mat, and the fact that he's 100% new tooling with some pricey-looking (for CW) paint, and it seems like Bric's quite an expensive promotional venture for Hasbro to have undertaken... all for a minor jerk of a character. What is it about Bric that made you choose him for a big Clone Wars mail-away promo figure?
- The new R5-D4 figure does not have the painted red panels on his back. That might sound like a minor issue, but the panels are clearly visible in the film when the droid's motivator blows up, and they help give the little guy a bit more visual pop. Neither the 1996 nor the 2006 versions of R5-D4 had these painted either, so it's disappointing to see that the third time is not the charm (though it remains a detail that the original vintage figure got right). Given the number of running changes we've seen so far in The Vintage Collection, is it at all possible that this oversight might be changed on future shipments?
- The Force FX lightsabers are targeted at adult collectibles, for a group who generally desire accuracy in their prop collectibles, and yet the latest ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsaber with removable blade suffers a big inaccuracy due to the blade needing to be securely anchored. However, with your removable-blade designs, you've started using dummy parts to fill in the removed blades, and we wonder if you'd consider for future thin-necked lightsabers like Luke ROTJ and Obi-Wan having the removable blade take the entire thick "neck" with it and having a more accurate thin-necked dummy design replace it. That much weight anchoring has been accomplished before in the thick metal coupler for the Maul saber halves that screwed together, on these thin-neck sabers the neck could screw down to the top part of the grip. That would let collectors have their cake and eat it too by giving an accurate hilt prop display with the thin neck, while still having the light-up blade play using the thick neck. So has there been any consideration for that sort of thing, and might it be seen in future Force FX sabers when needed?
- In several instances now, when asked about the new Slave I getting an ESB release, the response is that it largely depends on how the current Clone Wars version does at retail. If the decision to release it this way is based off sales, why release this as a $100 set with a few re-released figures, and a vehicle repaint that wasn't really hotly requested? If this CW set does sell, does that suggest an ESB release would get a similar Ultimate Battle Pack treatment with the release of some new figures like Bespin Guards and an existing vehicle like the Cloud Car? If that's not likely in store for an ESB Slave I, why predicate that release on this one when it has a different pricepoint, market, and really a different business model altogether? Why release the CW one in this ultimate battle pack format, was this vehicle originally planned for the now-defunct $60 Deluxe Vehicle line and repurposed, was this always the plan for it, or if not, how did this come about this way?
- Given previous answers from Hasbro that a Cane Adiss figure was not off the table, and then the character showing 10th in the most recent Fans Choice poll, it certainly seems like eventually we'll probably get a Cane Adiss figure at some point down the road. With that in mind, has the Hasbro Star Wars team given any thought to how Cane, the largest character in the Fans Choice poll, could be realized as a product since he undoubtedly wouldn't fit on the current basic card - would it be a battle pack, a mail-away, an exclusive for Toys R Us (a good tie-in to the giraffe-themed retailer)? And has there been any discussion on a "whole creature" design for Adiss similarly to how the team extrapolated a fully-realized design for aliens like Dice Ibegon that were only prop puppet heads? Obviously we're not expecting Lucasfilm approval on any ideas you guys might have yet, but preliminarily, what does the Hasbro team feel a Cane Adiss figure would look like?
- The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure, one of the best Star Wars action figures that Hasbro has ever produced. However, the quality of the figure combined with the fact that he's an army-builder, and the fact that he was only shipped 1 per case in 10 of the 11 Wave 3 case revisions (some areas never seeing those case revisions and thus not gaining from the slight benefit of 2 Gamorreans per case), and that he was never carried forward into future waves, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores, and currently the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the original Kenner vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We have heard the ROTJ wave is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. We understand that the figure is a completely new tool, so its inclusion in the Saga Legends line will have to wait for a bit, but in any format, in the foreseeable future will we be seeing this figure more readily available, either included in other waves, or even put into Saga Legends? If so, how long would we have to wait for the Gamorrean's greater availability, and in what format?
Any thoughts on pulling back certain collector-targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, such as the Sandtrooper, Dengar, 4-LOM, the Endor Trooper, the Cloud Car Pilot, and especially the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While in the past with some figures like Yarna it was just that they were ordered hard and didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive, while many of the Vintage ROTS Clone have a defective, discolored helmet (even after the missing paint problems were addressed). While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures causing a lack of new figures for the last 6 months, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an even more alarming rate. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. Any plans to resolve the pegwarming portion of this issue caused by the defective Clone?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating.

El Chuxter
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
#9... and I'll hold off on my second one.

Still the same internal process for nominating questions?

JediTricks
04-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Still the same internal process for nominating questions?I'm not sure I know what you mean.

El Chuxter
04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Not that I have one right now, but one would theoretically just toss it out in here, right?

JediTricks
04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah, just toss them into the thread and see if they stick.

bigbarada
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
New question idea:

The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure! One of the best, if not THE best, Star Wars action figures that you have ever produced. However, the quality of the figure, combined with the fact that he's an army-builder and topped off with the fact that he was only shipped one per case in one wave, and never carried forward, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores and the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the real vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We know that wave 3 is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. So, what are the chances of the Gamorrean showing up in the Saga Legends line sometime in 2012 or later?

El Chuxter
04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd vote for BigB's question.

I might suggest also mentioning that the closed fist (and maybe the lack of the force pike) on the original figure made a lot of people see it as substandard even at the time, so it's one that those folks who army-built the original will likely want to upgrade.

Neuroleptic
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
New question idea:

The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure! One of the best, if not THE best, Star Wars action figures that you have ever produced. However, the quality of the figure, combined with the fact that he's an army-builder and topped off with the fact that he was only shipped one per case in one wave, and never carried forward, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores and the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the real vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We know that wave 3 is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. So, what are the chances of the Gamorrean showing up in the Saga Legends line sometime in 2012 or later?

I vote for 6, and Big B's question.

JediTricks
04-29-2011, 10:23 PM
The figure's run had 2 per case in one of wave 3's eleven revisions (or "ratios"). Also, it's a new tool, they're not likely to put it in Saga Legends where they get a buck less so soon. Rework the question to address those and I'll use it.

El Chuxter
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Perhaps we can simply ask if it might show up in greater numbers in more future assortments?

Slicker
04-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Although I haven't openly supported these questions with votes I 100% agree with it. However, looking at the offerings from our site, it seems that the questions are now just getting too whiny and picky about small details. I've been out of the game for almost a year but with these 9 questions it's looking like people are just searching for something to bi**h about and not necessarily upset with the current state of things.

That's just my opinion though...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, if you have a better question, throw it out there. It's not *****ing, in my opinion, so much as asking why things are the way they are. This site's questions have been specifically called out by Hasbro for being more insightful than other sites', which are almost always "when are we going to get [random figure]?" The "big" questions are almost always handled multiple times throughout a Q&A session, so things like distribution always get covered no matter what. These questions are obviously important to the people who asked them, and it's the only route to communicate directly with Hasbro outside of conventions. But that's why we have voting - to determine the best questions to be asked, as they can't all be winners. As for being too nitpicky, I feel that any opportunity to suggest to them ways to make their product better is worth taking, as almost no improvement is too small (like when we got them to change the A-wing pilot's helmet to the more accurate design a few years ago).

El Chuxter
04-30-2011, 02:03 PM
I love you, Slick (but why won't you return my calls anymore?), but I can't see how asking how they might handle a theoretical Cane Adiss figure, in light of the popularity and huge size, is complaining.

Maybe we can discuss it over a romantic candlelight dinner at Sizzler's? I'll even go dutch so you don't to pay for my buffet this time.

bigbarada
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
The figure's run had 2 per case in one of wave 3's eleven revisions (or "ratios"). Also, it's a new tool, they're not likely to put it in Saga Legends where they get a buck less so soon. Rework the question to address those and I'll use it.

The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure! One of the best, if not THE best, Star Wars action figures that you have ever produced. However, the quality of the figure, combined with the fact that he's an army-builder and topped off with the fact that he was only shipped one per case in 10 of the 11 Wave 3 case revisions (of course, not all case revisions showed up in all areas, but that's a separate issue) and never carried forward into future waves, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores and currently the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the real vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We know that the ROTJ wave is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. We understand that the figure is a completely new tool, so its inclusion in the Saga Legends line will have to wait for a bit, but is it a figure that you would consider for Saga Legends at some point? If so, how long would we have to wait?

mtriv73
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
3: Vaders TIE Fighter Update
9: Cane Adiss

Jedi_nav
05-03-2011, 09:31 AM
The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure! One of the best, if not THE best, Star Wars action figures that you have ever produced. However, the quality of the figure, combined with the fact that he's an army-builder and topped off with the fact that he was only shipped one per case in 10 of the 11 Wave 3 case revisions (of course, not all case revisions showed up in all areas, but that's a separate issue) and never carried forward into future waves, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores and currently the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the real vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We know that the ROTJ wave is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. We understand that the figure is a completely new tool, so its inclusion in the Saga Legends line will have to wait for a bit, but is it a figure that you would consider for Saga Legends at some point? If so, how long would we have to wait?

I vote for this question! Put this baby in the Legends line so we can buy him cheaper.

obi-dad
05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
7 (force fx lightsabers) & pig question

jberlin
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I vote for 3 and 8. Where's the OTC Vehicle Love!?

Tycho
05-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Will you re release the fire Fighter battle droid ? When will the talz warrior Be shown? Will new vehicles from say like the phantom menace that have never been made before be made for the 3d movie release?

Darth Marco
05-04-2011, 07:03 AM

I have to agree as I hunted for this action figure in the tri-state area in New York City with my family (they are angry with me for that), and never found the Gamorrean Guard. I did find the rest of the ROTJ wave but not that figure. My vote is for BigB question and #9.

Also I agree with Mr. JabbaJohnL statement. The questions are refine before they are sent to Hasbro for answering and the purpose is to make things better or getting something new.

JediTricks
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Question 10 added.

Keep in mind, I'm still in the process of moving to my new place, so I'm not going to have much time to check in. I'll try to make 2 passes a week at this thread to keep it up to date, but if you feel something needs addressing and I'm not being quick enough, please send me a PM.

The TVC Gamorrean Guard is an amazing figure! One of the best, if not THE best, Star Wars action figures that you have ever produced. However, the quality of the figure, combined with the fact that he's an army-builder and topped off with the fact that he was only shipped one per case in 10 of the 11 Wave 3 case revisions (of course, not all case revisions showed up in all areas, but that's a separate issue) and never carried forward into future waves, creates the "perfect storm" of a figure that is nearly impossible to find at retail. Many fans are frustrated that they have still never seen a single Gamorrean in stores and currently the figure can command a higher secondary market price than the real vintage Gamorrean from 28 years ago. We know that the ROTJ wave is supposed to be shipping again in 2011, but many fear that it will still not be enough to fill the demand for the pig guards. We understand that the figure is a completely new tool, so its inclusion in the Saga Legends line will have to wait for a bit, but is it a figure that you would consider for Saga Legends at some point? If so, how long would we have to wait?I'll add this, but I did modify the end question, there's no question that they'll consider it for SL at SOME point. LMK if you have further changes to the question as I've modified it. And counted your vote.

Using the spreadsheet, it's easy enough for me to change if you don't want to do that (that was the problem before, using the HTML method ensured the questions were in line as best as possible with their online versions, but didn't track votes).

I'd vote for BigB's question.

I might suggest also mentioning that the closed fist (and maybe the lack of the force pike) on the original figure made a lot of people see it as substandard even at the time, so it's one that those folks who army-built the original will likely want to upgrade.Your vote counted for #10, same goes for anybody who voiced their interest to vote before it was added: Neuro, Nav, Obi-Dad, and Darth Marco. And BB, I guess.

Will you re release the fire Fighter battle droid ? When will the talz warrior Be shown? Will new vehicles from say like the phantom menace that have never been made before be made for the 3d movie release?Question idea 1: No, we're not asking those sorts of questions anymore, too specific, not wide enough scope. Question idea 2: not asking it either, sort of thing they routinely don't answer, or don't answer satisfactorily. Question idea 2: give me some examples of what you mean and I'll decide then.

As to Slicker, I don't subscribe to how you view it, I see it as hopeful stuff, they like this product enough to care, but want to see things fixed, done better, so they can be the best possible and not harm the line.

Droid
05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I vote for #9 Cane question.

JediTricks
05-07-2011, 12:22 AM
My votes for this round are 2 and 7.

DarkJedi5
05-07-2011, 12:56 AM
My votes for this round are 2 and 7.

I vote for those as well.

bigbarada
05-07-2011, 06:32 AM
I'll add this, but I did modify the end question, there's no question that they'll consider it for SL at SOME point. LMK if you have further changes to the question as I've modified it. And counted your vote.

I guess I thought there was a chance that they wouldn't consider the Gamorrean "iconic" enough for inclusion in Saga Legends. Of course, to me they're one of the most iconic alien species in all of Star Wars; but I was 10 years old during the big media push for ROTJ and Gamorrean Guards were EVERYWHERE back then. However, maybe the generation growing up with the Prequels wouldn't necessarily see it that way. I think the question is just fine like it is, though, and on the off chance that Hasbro doesn't consider the Gamorrean to be Saga Legends material, then I'm sure they will mention that in their answer.

Thank you and also add in my vote for #3.

JediTricks
05-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Counted.

The Gamorrean is Jabba's premiere army builder character, the only one in the palace, so I think it's a reasonable assumption.

Tycho
05-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Jt you just said specific figure questions like the fire fighting battle droid were to specific. if I give specific examples of phantom menace vehicles that would be too specific wouldn't it be ? Of course I mean the gungun sub pod racers the mtt and radiant 7 yahoo and whatever else I forgot. Now I wait for you to tell me that's too specific.

Jedi_nav
05-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Counted.

The Gamorrean is Jabba's premiere army builder character, the only one in the palace, so I think it's a reasonable assumption.

Jedtricks, remember what happens when you assume. This is Hasbro. Sometimes the need things spelled out.

Jedi_nav
05-10-2011, 11:19 AM
And apparently I do too. Seeing that I can't spell "they" correctly. THEY need things spelled out for them.

sonofsokol
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd like to vote for question 10.

... Also, it's a new tool, they're not likely to put it in Saga Legends where they get a buck less so soon.

I guess I thought there was a chance that they wouldn't consider the Gamorrean "iconic" enough for inclusion in Saga Legends...

The upcoming Saga Legends line (http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/011Legends_SpacetrooperCarded01_Full.jpg)is going to include the Spacetrooper BD58 (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/BD58SpaceTrooper/LC-1937.jpg), which was initially released in the Toys-R-Us-Exclusive-Expanded-Universe-final-Legacy-Collection Wave 13. I am very glad that this figure is seeing a second release, but it "goes against the grain" of what we generally see in the Saga Legends line in that it is
1. A new figure (2010 release)
2. An Expanded Universe figure
3. Not an "iconic" figure, though it does look like a regular stormtrooper on 'roids, which may appeal to kids (my 5 year old loves the 2 I got during its initial release) :thumbsup:

In summary, if the Spacetrooper can be released as a Saga Legend, it seems that the Gamorrean Guard could be too.

El Chuxter
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I think JT meant that it was a given that he'd be a Saga Legend, but they'd keep him in the Vintage line as long as possible, to make more profit.

IIRC, also, the Darktrooper and one of the many black ROTS Clonetrooper repaints were Saga Legends, too.

sonofsokol
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
It certainly makes more sense for Hasbro to include him in future Vintage Collection waves as a carry-forward figure. I would much rather see the Gamorrean Guard included than Darth Vader, Sand Trooper or the ROTS Clone Trooper again and again and again. I guess what I was saying is that it would make sense to include him as a Saga Legend in a year or 2 depending on how the Vintage Collection line continue.

DarkJedi5
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I've got an idea for a question though it seems like the sort of thing that may be more appropriate to ask after Comic Con.

I was wondering what ever happened to the funeral pyre Vader Hasbro was shopping around as an exclusive. Since I take it that no one has snapped up the chance to distribute it (again, it may be best to wait and see what is shown at Comic Con) how about doing it as a mail in? We already saw you pull something like this off with the Qui Gon and Eepoie set which was probably as big if not bigger than the funeral set. It's also a good way to target it for collectors instead of the more kid-friendly avenue of the brick and mortar stores.

I dunno, it's just an idea. JT can feel free to play around with it and we'll see if anyone here votes for it (I for one would still really like to see this set). At the same time, it's also a pretty quick question that some one could ask in person at Comic Con outside of the whole Q&A format altogether.

JediTricks
05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Jt you just said specific figure questions like the fire fighting battle droid were to specific. if I give specific examples of phantom menace vehicles that would be too specific wouldn't it be ? Of course I mean the gungun sub pod racers the mtt and radiant 7 yahoo and whatever else I forgot. Now I wait for you to tell me that's too specific.No, those are EXAMPLES, hence REPRESENTATIVE of your thoughts, not specifically tied to them. That said, we've asked about all of them back when the brand was healthier and could support such releases, whereas now the brand is really in an odd place, there is no support for the "in the middle" vehicles between Starfighter and BMF-scale. The question becomes whether shrunken down versions like the Sith Infiltrator and Naboo Star Skiff can fit, and if they can't, what to do.

I've got an idea for a question though it seems like the sort of thing that may be more appropriate to ask after Comic Con.

I was wondering what ever happened to the funeral pyre Vader Hasbro was shopping around as an exclusive. Since I take it that no one has snapped up the chance to distribute it (again, it may be best to wait and see what is shown at Comic Con) how about doing it as a mail in? We already saw you pull something like this off with the Qui Gon and Eepoie set which was probably as big if not bigger than the funeral set. It's also a good way to target it for collectors instead of the more kid-friendly avenue of the brick and mortar stores.

I dunno, it's just an idea. JT can feel free to play around with it and we'll see if anyone here votes for it (I for one would still really like to see this set). At the same time, it's also a pretty quick question that some one could ask in person at Comic Con outside of the whole Q&A format altogether.You make a good point about Comic-Con for that, with it only 2 months away.

JEDIpartner
05-16-2011, 11:32 AM
I totally vote for #10. I posed this in the "Dear Hasbro" section and erroneously referred to "Saga Legends" as "Legacy"-- but y'all knew what I meant!!

morpheus282
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
If it's not too late to vote on this round, I'd like to vote for #'s 3 & 10.

If it is too late, sorry, I've been a little busy the past few weeks. :(

Blue2th
05-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Number 10 for me.

Question suggestion (it probably has been asked, or will be at some time...modify at will)

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas of the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now.

JediTricks
05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Only a couple more days to vote in this round.

If it's not too late to vote on this round, I'd like to vote for #'s 3 & 10.

If it is too late, sorry, I've been a little busy the past few weeks. :(Nope, still a few more days left in this round, so counted.

Question suggestion (it probably has been asked, or will be at some time...modify at will)

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas of the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now.I was literally in the editing process of adding that question when the door rang, it was the new Beastie Boys album I ordered just yesterday, but that's not important. What is important is that it gave me a moment to think, and I checked the assortment listings, the stupid Clone Trooper is on deck for the NEXT WAVE! There's zero chance they're going to pull it back when it's still shipping. And while the Saga Legends version is currently shipping, the next wave doesn't have it. So, as much as I want to ask your question, both for the specific example and the broader problem, it doesn't work for what we know they're doing right now.

El Chuxter
05-24-2011, 01:24 PM
How about:

The Vintage Collection and Clone Wars lines have both gained a lot of traction with kids and adult collectors. Saga Legends (or Legacy, or Greatest Hits, or whatever it's called this week), however, needs a bit of work. It makes very little sense to concurrently release the same (or very similar) figures in Vintage and Legends packaging when the Legends figures cost as much as $2 less, depending upon the store. Fact is, no one is going to army-build Clonetroopers in Vintage packaging when the same figure is sitting right next to it, in different packaging, for less. Seriously, dude, adults don't want hundreds of f****ing Clonetroopers on their original card. And we all know that Hasbro's true purpose with the Star Wars line is to release the same Clonetrooper figure as many times as possible, sometimes with slight paint variations, both sanctioned and unsanctioned by Lucasfilm.

So we'd like to suggest (in lieu of a proper question this time around) that you scrap the Legends line altogether. In its place, a new third line of re-released figures would emerge: "Darth Vader and His Clonetrooper Friends," on kid-friendly packaging. The premise would be simple: Darth Vader plays fun games across the universe with all the Clonetroopers. Every single figure--and I mean every single figure--has a unique paint job, making each one collectible! You could toss in decals from other lines, like maybe Littlest Pet Shop (they do have some stupid kitty cat decals that can be slapped on a Clonetrooper, right?). And you'd sell quadrillions of figures, all to unsuspecting kids who want to collect them all and don't know that it's completely impossible! Great idea, right? You don't even have to pay us for it. That one's free. Though if you have Keira Knightley's phone number from when she posed for the Sabe figure, we wouldn't mind it if you passed it along to us. Just saying. She's a hottie.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll go with 6 and 10.

Any word on why we still don't have the last round's answers yet?

Blue2th
05-25-2011, 03:02 AM
I was literally in the editing process of adding that question when the door rang, it was the new Beastie Boys album I ordered just yesterday, but that's not important. What is important is that it gave me a moment to think, and I checked the assortment listings, the stupid Clone Trooper is on deck for the NEXT WAVE! There's zero chance they're going to pull it back when it's still shipping. And while the Saga Legends version is currently shipping, the next wave doesn't have it. So, as much as I want to ask your question, both for the specific example and the broader problem, it doesn't work for what we know they're doing right now.

We can hope the newer Troopers have a corrected helmet. It would seem logical as this is a well known and discussed problem. Eliminating the regular Clone from future Legends assortments though will not help clear the defective Clone from the pegs simply because there is no other ROTS Clone to buy. These are "collector based" and any discerning collector (usually adults) will not buy them, especially at that price, when they are defective. What I'm getting at is a recall. A defective product should be recalled. Trying to suggest it in a nice way using their words in a previous response when they supposedly went around picking up Yarna because she wasn't selling. All the more reason to do the same for an inferior product with a higher price that is literally clogging up peg space. (I'll get a head count, or Clone count later from one particular Walmart, I was blown away at the amount I was seeing, and that's not the only one)

You could change the question to acknowledge those points you brought up, like:

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. If a corrected Vintage Collection ROTS Clones from future assortments manage to make it to the pegs if there is enough room for them, these will still remain because people are simply not buying them. Any plans to resolve this issue?

If not I'll take number 6 as my other choice.

sebillba
05-25-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll just vote for #9 please.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure how much meat (pork?) the Gamorrean question has anymore, since JediNews (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5059) got this response in their Q&A today:

1) The Gamorrean Guard from the elusive Wave 3 is probably one of the most popular and hard to find figures in recent years. We are seeing some of the Wave 3 figures being repacked in later Waves plus some are also coming in the Revenge of the Sith line and we also appreciate that Wave 3 will ship again soon with Wedge (Assortment 11). However, the Gamorrean Guard is still only packed one per case and we all want more of them! What's the chances of reissuing this figure in a later wave but in greater numbers? Also, will the UK ever see Wave 3 released (still not had it)?

Unfortunately the Gamorrean Guard is not currently planned in any 2011 waves. We still hope to see wave 3 hit shelves in the UK.

Also, other sites have said that they were able to coordinate their questions this time to make sure none were repeated. Were we not invited to the party?

El Chuxter
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
"We understand the demand for the Gamorrean Guard, but feed off the suffering of collectors. The anguish felt over the non-re-release of the Gamorrean Guard should be enough to raise Cthulu from the depths. Thanks for the question; we really do care! Have another Clonetrooper!"

Cane_Adiss
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll vote 9 & 10!

RENDAR LIVES
05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I vote for questions 2 and 7. JT, is it possible just to roll 1 and 7 together? Especially since we are getting to vote on less questions and have a longer wait between answers. Besides, they are about the same product essentially. 2 birds, 1 stone y'know?

I don't know about the rest of you but here in Minnesota the Gamorean guard is pretty easy to find. In fact besides Stormtroopers and Clonetroopers all the Jabba henchmen are plentiful including the new Weequay, R2s, Luke (1st card) and Wicket. I missed out on the AOTC wave. All I ever found was that God awful Kit Fisto and Mace Windu. Had to order from HTS. As far as placing it in SL, that line all but exists here anymore as it gets thrown on the CW pegs and thus no one ever knows to order more. CW by the way sees an incredibly healthy rotation of new product despite this. I see the newest stuff all the time for that line. Hasbro has told us repeatedly that they have to bend over for retailers to compete for realestate. It's the retailers that have poor distribution and short order things. Especially durring their resets every spring where I miss out on whole waves of Star Wars and Transformers. Plus as I mentioned the stock people rushing to fill empty pegs with whatever they can find and mixing assortments or not caring at all. So, since I doubt Hasbro has sufficient staff or budget to have quality control police at a mass retail level the best we can really due is order online or network and pay the extra for shipping. I just can't justify paying $18 for a figure that costs $10 and as cool as these vintage figures are a lot of them are hardly worth the retail price. Sadly if a collector walks away it isn't gonna hurt the retailer who can make it up with other brands, groceries or appliances but it will hurt Hasbro who does everything they can to put a product in our hands.

bigbarada
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
JediNews.co.uk received an answer to a similar Gamorrean Guard question:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5059

1) The Gamorrean Guard from the elusive Wave 3 is probably one of the most popular and hard to find figures in recent years. We are seeing some of the Wave 3 figures being repacked in later Waves plus some are also coming in the Revenge of the Sith line and we also appreciate that Wave 3 will ship again soon with Wedge (Assortment 11). However, the Gamorrean Guard is still only packed one per case and we all want more of them! What's the chances of reissuing this figure in a later wave but in greater numbers? Also, will the UK ever see Wave 3 released (still not had it)?

Unfortunately the Gamorrean Guard is not currently planned in any 2011 waves. We still hope to see wave 3 hit shelves in the UK.

Do you think our question is different enough that it could still be asked? Or maybe reworded some to account for this most recent answer?

Blue2th
05-26-2011, 12:37 AM
That really is kind of a bummer about the Gamorrean Guard. Still don't have one. Puzzling why when there is so much unwanted stuff on the pegs, and more on the way.

Just did a TVC ROTS Clone count at a Walmart (store # 5491) nearby. Out of 36 TVC figures there were 18 discolored ROTS Clones. Went to another Walmart and found some new figures. Not too many ROTS Clones, maybe 4 or 5, though the 4 case fresh Utapau Clones had discolored helmets too. :cross-eye

JediTricks
05-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Question 10 struck. It got a negative response in the most recent answers.If you have voted for that one, consider yourself refunded 1 vote.

Super helpful as ever, Chux. ;)

Any word on why we still don't have the last round's answers yet?No word on why, but we got the answers back today. I've posted them in the news.

Speaking of which, I don't have time today to gather up all the answers from the other sites in time to make sure we're not doubling up here, as tomorrow is my last day of packing up my collection to move it to my new place. If someone sees something that affects one of our questions here, please LMK, it'll be greatly appreciated.

We can hope the newer Troopers have a corrected helmet. It would seem logical as this is a well known and discussed problem. Eliminating the regular Clone from future Legends assortments though will not help clear the defective Clone from the pegs simply because there is no other ROTS Clone to buy. These are "collector based" and any discerning collector (usually adults) will not buy them, especially at that price, when they are defective. What I'm getting at is a recall. A defective product should be recalled. Trying to suggest it in a nice way using their words in a previous response when they supposedly went around picking up Yarna because she wasn't selling. All the more reason to do the same for an inferior product with a higher price that is literally clogging up peg space. (I'll get a head count, or Clone count later from one particular Walmart, I was blown away at the amount I was seeing, and that's not the only one)

You could change the question to acknowledge those points you brought up, like:

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. If a corrected Vintage Collection ROTS Clones from future assortments manage to make it to the pegs if there is enough room for them, these will still remain because people are simply not buying them. Any plans to resolve this issue?

If not I'll take number 6 as my other choice.I see. Framing it as a recall is an interesting idea. Under that concept, I think we could post that question to the voters. I'll add it and count your vote. LMK if my editing affected it negatively.

I'm not sure how much meat (pork?) the Gamorrean question has anymore, since JediNews got this response in their Q&A today:

Also, other sites have said that they were able to coordinate their questions this time to make sure none were repeated. Were we not invited to the party?Thanks for letting me know about the Gamorrean answer. What a messed up situation. Remind me to ask them what's up wit dat when I see them at SDCC. Or, if anybody can think of a way to change the question a little to address their answer, LMK and I'll reinstate it for this round.

We were invited, but since I don't know what questions we're asking until the day we send them in - since YOU GUYS are the ones who decide which get asked through your votes - there's really no way I can see how to handle it.

JediNews.co.uk received an answer to a similar Gamorrean Guard question:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5059

Do you think our question is different enough that it could still be asked? Or maybe reworded some to account for this most recent answer?If you can think of a way to reword it, LMK. Until then, it's out.

I vote for questions 2 and 7. JT, is it possible just to roll 1 and 7 together? Especially since we are getting to vote on less questions and have a longer wait between answers. Besides, they are about the same product essentially. 2 birds, 1 stone y'know?I don't see how to put those 2 together cleanly, the Ahsoka FX question is somewhat kid-focused, which is different from #7's arguing for the adult collector.

JediTricks
05-26-2011, 12:48 AM
This is the last day to get a vote in, at the end of Thursday I'm running the final tally and sending in our questions.

Just did a TVC ROTS Clone count at a Walmart (store # 5491) nearby. Out of 36 TVC figures there were 18 discolored ROTS Clones. Went to another Walmart and found some new figures. Not too many ROTS Clones, maybe 4 or 5, though the 4 case fresh Utapau Clones had discolored helmets too. :cross-eyeSee, that's what I was concerned about, I haven't seen a huge ROTS clone problem around here, so I was taking it on faith that it's a widespread problem. Hopefully the question can stand on its own legs anyway.

bigbarada
05-26-2011, 02:06 AM
This is the last day to get a vote in, at the end of Thursday I'm running the final tally and sending in our questions.

I'll go ahead and use my refunded vote on #11. Thanks, if I can come up with a way to reword the Gamorrean question, then I'll post it. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the answer given, since Hasbro seems to be aware that the figure is popular and deserves a rerelease.

Cane_Adiss
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
I'll refund my vote for 10 and vote for 11 as well, thanks!

El Chuxter
05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
I aim to waste time. ;)

My #10 will become #11 as well. #11 is the new #10, it appears.

JEDIpartner
05-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Move me to question 11 as well.

...Or ask them about that stupid Wedge figure!!!

Blue2th
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM

See, that's what I was concerned about, I haven't seen a huge ROTS clone problem around here, so I was taking it on faith that it's a widespread problem. Hopefully the question can stand on its own legs anyway.
Thanks JT. A recall might be extreme but it is a good solution for us.
I went to another WM (#835) and they had 10 TVC ROTS Clones out of 39. Not as bad but I have seen more in other places. They continue to crank out discolored Clones and now more with the Utapau Trooper, and who knows about future assortments so surely they need to be reminded some are not happy about it.

I hang out here mostly (my first SW forum home) but other forums have mentioned the same problem (not framed in a Q&A yet though) So I think it is widespread. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar question is asked by others.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll also vote for #11 in lieu of #10. Would it be possible to include other figures in the question - like Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar, 4-LOM, and the sandtrooper? They all seem to be pegwarming just as hard at various stores. If not naming them specifically, then perhaps an all-encompassing "and other pegwarming figures" could be added.

Blue2th
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll go ahead and use my refunded vote on #11. Thanks, if I can come up with a way to reword the Gamorrean question, then I'll post it. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the answer given, since Hasbro seems to be aware that the figure is popular and deserves a rerelease.

Yeah, like (insert into Question #11) when there are such excellent and very high demand TVC figures like the Gamorrean Guard which the collector base would really appreciate seeing instead of a discolored Clone.

Maybe a little harsh, but I guarantee if those 18 TVC Clones I saw at Walmart # 5491 were Gamorrean Guards, they would be gone in a few days if not hours.

sonofsokol
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
I'll vote for #11

I went to a TRU today and they had 2 full pegs of ROTS Clones with the bad helmets.
The Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar and 4-LOM are big problems around here too. I worry that the Rebel Commando is destined to fill the pegs around here since he is being included as a carry-forward figure .

It seems odd that Hasbro understands that some people may want to army build the Commando (found in waves 3, 6, and 8*) and the Senate Guard (found in waves 4, 6, and 8*), but they didn't think the same would be true about the Gammorean Guard (wave 3 only thus far)...

*info from Entertainment Earth case assortments

JediTricks
05-27-2011, 12:36 AM
...Or ask them about that stupid Wedge figure!!!Please explain what you mean in the next round's thread, I am totally curious about what is stupid about that Wedge, besides the delay.

Thanks JT. A recall might be extreme but it is a good solution for us.
I went to another WM (#835) and they had 10 TVC ROTS Clones out of 39. Not as bad but I have seen more in other places. They continue to crank out discolored Clones and now more with the Utapau Trooper, and who knows about future assortments so surely they need to be reminded some are not happy about it.

I hang out here mostly (my first SW forum home) but other forums have mentioned the same problem (not framed in a Q&A yet though) So I think it is widespread. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar question is asked by others.I hit my local WM for the first time in a while tonight (traffic home was thick, so I took surface streets which go near there), and they had a ton of defective Clones, so you are good on that one. Target seems to have not gotten as many problems there, they still have Endor Troopers and Cloud Car Pilots and Dengars. In any case though, the fact that the Clone keeps going out defective, either with old degraded dye in the PVC hopper, or a bad mix, or even acid in the machines assaulting the PVC, they should have been on top of that (not that it matters in my book, that figure is fugly all around and the helmet was too big to begin with, never should have seen such a widespread release).

I'll also vote for #11 in lieu of #10. Would it be possible to include other figures in the question - like Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar, 4-LOM, and the sandtrooper? They all seem to be pegwarming just as hard at various stores. If not naming them specifically, then perhaps an all-encompassing "and other pegwarming figures" could be added.The question already did mention "certain collector-targeted figures", but I think there's room to expand that into the first part since so much of the rest of the question drives the clone issue home.

I went to a TRU today and they had 2 full pegs of ROTS Clones with the bad helmets.
The Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar and 4-LOM are big problems around here too. I worry that the Rebel Commando is destined to fill the pegs around here since he is being included as a carry-forward figure .

It seems odd that Hasbro understands that some people may want to army build the Commando (found in waves 3, 6, and 8*) and the Senate Guard (found in waves 4, 6, and 8*), but they didn't think the same would be true about the Gammorean Guard (wave 3 only thus far)...

*info from Entertainment Earth case assortmentsAn excellent point. The spread on the Commando is ludicrous, that poor figure has been pegwarming since day 1, it doesn't deserve to, but at $9-$10, nobody seems to want it (kinda common problem with Rebel troopers in general actually, they don't army-build the way Imps do). Returning it to rotation at 6 and 8 suggests someone is asleep at the wheel, especially with the Gamorrean being one of the few figures to sell through harder in this rather weak line.

JediTricks
05-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who participated. Here are the questions we're sending in this round:

1) Any thoughts on pulling back certain collector-targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, such as the Sandtrooper, Dengar, 4-LOM, the Endor Trooper, the Cloud Car Pilot, and especially the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While in the past with some figures like Yarna it was just that they were ordered hard and didn't sell through, with this particular Clone you've also got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive, and many of the Vintage ROTS Clone have a defective, discolored helmet (even after the missing paint problems were addressed). While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures causing a lack of new figures for the last 6 months, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an even more alarming rate. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. Any plans to resolve the pegwarming problems in TVC, and especially the portion of that issue caused by the defective Clone?
2) Given previous answers from Hasbro that a Cane Adiss figure was not off the table, and then the character showing 10th in the most recent Fans Choice poll, it certainly seems like eventually we'll probably get a Cane Adiss figure at some point down the road. With that in mind, has the Hasbro Star Wars team given any thought to how Cane, the largest character in the Fans Choice poll, could be realized as a product since he undoubtedly wouldn't fit on the current basic card - would it be a battle pack, a mail-away, an exclusive for Toys R Us (a good tie-in to the giraffe-themed retailer)? And has there been any discussion on a "whole creature" design for Adiss similarly to how the team extrapolated a fully-realized design for aliens like Dice Ibegon that were only prop puppet heads? Obviously we're not expecting Lucasfilm approval on any ideas you guys might have yet, but preliminarily, what does the Hasbro team feel a Cane Adiss figure would look like?

Look for a new round of voting soon.