PDA

View Full Version : Kmart exclusive B-wing Fighter

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20110510/index.html) posted a small gallery of a vintage-boxed B-wing with what appears to be a modern mold and "Kmart exclusive" sticker on the box art and some prototypes as well. I bet it's just the 2008 version with the new cockpit, but painted in ROTJ colors. It's odd that it's a Kmart exclusive, as that likely means the price will be nuts, but it'll be nice to have a movie B-wing out there again.

El Chuxter
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
lol HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! lol

Dude, you are too much. "K-Mart exclusive B-Wing Fighter." That's a good one.

Wait, you're serious? There's pictures. Dang, you are serious.

Why is K-Mart still around? Their selection reeks, the prices are laughable (often with "clearance" prices higher than anyone else's normal prices), and I think there's not a single one that's not within a mile of a Wal-Mart, Target, or both. The only time I even go in are when there are killer sales, which is infrequent, and which I know they're not making profit on. I never see more than a handful of other people. The employees who were actually worth anything jumped ship long ago, and now it's some of the rudest arses in retail.

In the time since I first expected K-Mart to close its doors completely, we've lost KB Toys, FAO Schwarz, CompUSA, Mervyn's, Circuit City, and likely soon Borders. How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure how they're around, either. Though the issues they have now have been around for as long as I can remember (though they were probably better before that). With Star Wars exclusives, they're usually just repacks or repaints, and that trend continues here, so it's not that surprising. It is somewhat surprising that they're getting something this big, though.

JediTricks
05-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Odd timing on this, not horrible but just seems like a weird release window after the EU one, but not really special to "now".

LTBasker
05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Incredibly surprising they'll be getting their own vehicle, but it's cool to see the B-wing getting some love. Bet it'll be about $60, though, from a combination of K-Mart's expected ludicrous markup and everything just shooting up in price in general.

How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?

Lay-away. I think Wal-Mart attempting to classy themselves up by doing away with it helped K-Mart significantly since they're the only ones that have lay-away now, aside from TRU's program for really expensive items. At least, that's my best guess.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?Well, they're linked with Sears. Most cultures have a seer group or individual who can interpret the deity's wishes, and perhaps they are seeing a resurgance in poor quality, selection, and service.

bigbarada
05-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I'll probably take a special trip out to K-Mart to look for this. I gave my POTJ B-Wing away to my nephews about 8 years ago and I didn't bother with the EU version. So I could use one to go with my 2008 A-Wing and 2009 TIE Interceptor.

Darth Metalmute
05-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Why is K-Mart still around?

K-Mart exists for the sole purpose of employment of the uneducated and incompetent.

TheDarthVader
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I have been waiting for a ROTJ B-wing. I will buy this if I can find it. I will pay $60 even though that is high. ROTJ is my favorite of the three movies.

DarkJedi5
05-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I am also very excited about an ROTJ B-Wing. It was the first and only Star Wars vehicle I owned as a kid (born in 84 so Only the really terrible stuff was still on the pegs by the time I got into it) and this would actually have some sentimental value to me. Though, the TRU Dagger Squad B-Wing was $35 so I don't know that I'd go up to $60. I understand that things are more expensive than they were 3 years ago but TRU and KMart are both at the higher end of the price scale for exclusives so I think $40-$45 would be about the max. Anyway, still very excited.

Jayspawn
06-01-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm glad there's another B-Wing coming, but it'll be too expensive at K-Mart will price it. Previous releases of the B can be picked up on Ebay for cheaper.

Jedi_nav
06-01-2011, 02:38 PM
K-Mart exists for the sole purpose of employment of the uneducated and incompetent.

And the occasional illegal alien or two.

Maradona
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
K-Mart does occasionally have ridiculous and unannounced sales. I suspect that at $60 it will last on the shelves until such a sale presents itself. With KM getting a Vintage B-Wing, TRU getting the new Vintage Y-Wing along with last year's AT-AT, and Target getting Vintage vehicles last fall, will Walmart end up with a Vintage vehicle also? If so, what would we like to see?

bigbarada
06-01-2011, 06:54 PM
will Walmart end up with a Vintage vehicle also? If so, what would we like to see?

An A-Wing in an ROTJ box.:yes:

LTBasker
06-01-2011, 07:22 PM
The most likely options I would guess are:

- Vader's TIE (though it's really kind of a boring package)
- AT-ST (maybe a rerelease of the Target Hoth version, alone, in an ESB box? or the previous Wal-Mart one in a ROTJ box)
- TIE Interceptor (shouldn't that really be a regular release in the $25 ship line by now anyway?)
- Slave 1 (repaint of the UBP CW Slave 1, I'd guess that would be pricy though)
- Speederbike (what a great way to release a brand new, perfect, sculpt of it)

Edit:

Or yeah, that'd be good. I forgot they usually carry the exclusives of that anyway.

Maradona
06-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Makes sense to me. That will only leave the X of the Wings to be done in Vintage. I wonder if Hasbro would double dip on the BMF.

morpheus282
06-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Why is K-Mart still around?

Not sure, but if it wasn't for K-Mart I wouldn't have found the whole slave Leia wave in the build-a-driod line or a Gamorrean guard. Luckily I caught them on "sale" each time and didn't pay more than a dollar over normal retail per figure.

TheDarthVader
06-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know about when this b-wing will be released? I guess we might find out at SDCC.

DarkJedi5
07-08-2011, 12:06 AM
My local Kmart had a floor tag and an empty spot on the shelf. I asked if they had anymore and the computer said they had 2 on hand but couldn't find them. I guess I'll check back in a few days but if these are only 2 per case (and I assume that most Kmarts won't get more than a couple cases) even at $40 they may be tough to find in some areas.

Ranger565
07-25-2011, 03:08 AM
K-mart is still around due to them being owend by Sears. Sears still makes large amounts of Money from the Store chain in smaller markets. Crazy but If you go down south, K-marts are kind of nice. Now if your in Cali. K-marts are ghetto, Walmarts are ghetto. But if you go south even Walmart is really nice. Granted you have to take a Shower before you go to Target. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
My local Kmart had a floor tag and an empty spot on the shelf. I asked if they had anymore and the computer said they had 2 on hand but couldn't find them. I guess I'll check back in a few days but if these are only 2 per case (and I assume that most Kmarts won't get more than a couple cases) even at $40 they may be tough to find in some areas.

Same thing happened to me, called up a place, they said they had 2 in the computer and then the lady on the floor couldn't find them in the back at all.

DarkJedi5
07-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Same thing happened to me, called up a place, they said they had 2 in the computer and then the lady on the floor couldn't find them in the back at all.

Persistance paid off in the end, I went by about a week later and saw that the they had one left on the shelf. I figured right when I assumed that they employee would forget or lose my phone number....

TheDarthVader
08-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I found my b-wing yesterday! Totally cool...I love it!