PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Three-packs

Jedi_nav
05-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't know if this topic has been put anywhere else so i decided to start it here. I found all three packs on Friday. I picked up the Rebel three pack that includes 2-1B Which looks like a repack from the old one but I don't remember its waist being articulated. The Leia figure is decent. The Rebel Commander is a good figure, and the reason I got this set. It has a clean shaven face and the hat and scarf can be removed. The dude kind of looks like President G.W. Bush. I also picked up the Villians pack that has a Stormtrooper that does not have a removable helmet. Yay! But he does have the slot in his back for a backpack so it's probably a sandtrooper body. A Vader who's two piece helmet falls off if you look at it wrong. and the Death Squad Trooper (the reason I got this pack). I don't know if I got a defective one, but his right foot sucks and is bent badly. I left the Heroes pack because I didn't want yet another X-Wing pilot Luke. I've bought two in the last year already.

Jayspawn
06-01-2011, 04:38 AM
These are warming the shelves at all my Targets (the only new SW item they've received in months). For $20 a piece, I'll pass. But they'll hit clearance and I'll get em then.

Blue2th
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't remember the 2-1B having an articulated waist, but I'd have to check. He was a cool POTF2 figure nonetheless. I've seen the other ones, but I haven't seen that pack at Target yet. The only one I really want as it has the TVC Leia I presume?, which I missed earlier and now can't find as they've disappeared from retail. The Rebel (Bush hah!) Commander is an added bonus.

I can pass on the other ones.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
If I was starting to collect SW figs, these would be great. But as I have over 1000 different figures bought over the years, I've seen these before, minus minor "changes." If there was one new figure (with significant changes or a never-before-produced one), I'd consider it. The closest I came to buying one was the one with the Rebel Hoth Trooper.

JEDIpartner
06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I bought the one with the Rebel trooper since I didn't get him in one of the UBPs that Target had last year.

mabudonicus
06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
as the resident Deuce-ologist I must say that the original POTF II 2-1B totally has an "articulated" waist- oddly enough it took me almost 10 years to actually notice, but one day when I was playing especially hard with the POTF II Deuce it became clear that the figure was even more awesome than I could have dared hope
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Oyes, one of the true must-haves

El Chuxter
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I got the set with a Deuce. I should've waited for clearance. But I didn't get the Hoth set last year and even full price on this baby was a better price than that. Plus, the duplicate figures are one my daughter wants and one I can always use extras of. Every scene needs plenty of 2-1B action! I might paint this one gold, or something. :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd say, put a :beard: or a :Pirate: on his dome. Or both.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Three more sets (http://www.potf2.com/files/aaron/tv3fs2.JPG) surfaced today - Imperial Set (Imperial Commander, Dengar, AT-AT Driver), Android Set (C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca), and Imperial Forces (Bossk, Snowtrooper, IG-88). As with the current ones, I wouldn't mind getting them on clearance, but the lack of newness means I won't be needing any to open. The "Imperial Commander" is Captain Needa, and for whatever reason Dengar doesn't seem to have his codpiece. Thanks to those two figures, I'm betting that set will do even worse than the rest of these packs. R2-D2 looks to be the R4-G9 mold, but without sand on his feet, so I might actually think about getting that one (I think a similar figure is coming in the Blu-ray sets; paying a lot and getting figures I already have doesn't seem that appealing just for a tiny paint variation, but I can always use more Threepios and Chewies, so we'll see). The Android Set and Imperial Forces pack have choices that might appeal to kids and casual collectors, but who knows for sure.

bigbarada
06-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I only want the Bossk/IG-88/Snowtrooper set. That's the one set that I have been waiting for ever since they brought this concept back. I've bought each of those three figures several times already since 2007, but I just want the set for the package.

El Chuxter
06-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I could've sworn they promised more "newness" in any upcoming sets. I guess they just meant more recent reissues.

bigbarada
06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
I could've sworn they promised more "newness" in any upcoming sets. I guess they just meant more recent reissues.

They must have been talking about the sets that are coming after these sets.

DarkJedi5
06-26-2011, 12:38 PM
They must have been talking about the sets that are coming after these sets.

I hope so. Part of me is afraid they consider the kit-bashed Imperial officer as "new".

tagmac
06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Found these, but, while the vintage packaging looks cool, decided against buying these repacks. And they're STILL on the pegs three weeks after I first saw them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I hope so. Part of me is afraid they consider the kit-bashed Imperial officer as "new".
How is it different? It just looks like the 2009 Captain Needa figure to me.

DarkJedi5
06-28-2011, 11:59 PM
How is it different? It just looks like the 2009 Captain Needa figure to me.

Frankly, it looked the same to me but some sites I had read said it was kit-bashed and since I haven't seen a loose photo I just took their word for it. I will say this, if they do begin to introduce some newness in these sets, it had better be in all of the figures in the set. I really do not appreciate buying two old figures for one "new" one.

bigbarada
06-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Frankly, it looked the same to me but some sites I had read said it was kit-bashed and since I haven't seen a loose photo I just took their word for it. I will say this, if they do begin to introduce some newness in these sets, it had better be in all of the figures in the set. I really do not appreciate buying two old figures for one "new" one.

The only reason these sets are as cheap as they are is because they are just repacks with no new tooling required. If every figure was all-new or even partially new, then it would likely force the price up to the $25-$30 range.

DarkJedi5
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
The only reason these sets are as cheap as they are is because they are just repacks with no new tooling required. If every figure was all-new or even partially new, then it would likely force the price up to the $25-$30 range.

Which I'd pay if there was some newness across the set. I'm not even considering them now with repacks and I'd still find it frustrating if one figure was all/partially-new and the others were something like a Vader and Han Solo (figures no one needs more of).

mtriv73
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Which I'd pay if there was some newness across the set. I'm not even considering them now with repacks and I'd still find it frustrating if one figure was all/partially-new and the others were something like a Vader and Han Solo (figures no one needs more of).

Ditto. I've passed on all of these because I just don't care about rehashed figures in different packaging. I got one or two of the vintage versions when I was younger, but it was because I didn't have (or had lost) the figures in it.

bigbarada
06-29-2011, 10:20 AM

I've been ignoring these sets for the most part except for the recent 3-pack with the Hoth Trooper. As it is, Leia and 2-1B are still in the package, I've only removed the trooper. However, I WILL definitely be buying the upcoming Bossk/IG-88/Snowtrooper set, even though I've bought all three of those figures several times over the last 4 years. I don't buy figures to keep MOC/MIP very often, but I will make exceptions when I think the figures are good enough to warrant multiple purchases.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Remember, these sets in the Kenner days WERE re-packs. They were ways to get 3 at a time, or army build. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. My problem has been that I don't want to army build and I usually have the figures already. But I'll wait and see.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Isn't this about the time of year that Target drops these type packages? I see pegs full, but few leaving in customers' carts. :handwave: You will put red sale stickers on these toys... :zzz:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
They're on sale for a few weeks for $17.99. It's not a lot, but it's something.

It used to be that Target would clearance their exclusives almost as soon as they got them. The fact that they're still holding onto the Clone Wars four-packs from last year and only just putting them on sale (also at $17.99) is strange. They used to get the Order 66 sets out relatively quickly, but they're holding onto both years' worth of Geonosis Arena Showdown sets like nobody's business. The Special Action Figure Sets are all in the same SKU, so as long as they keep making them, they'll likely keep them on the same number, meaning they won't be clearanced any time soon.

El Chuxter
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
They've got armies of last year's GIJoe figures. You think the Dengars and 4-LOMs clogging their shelves are bad, go halfway down the aisle and count the number of Arctic Destros. Then count the other GIJoes, if there are any. If there are any, and it's anyone other than Zartan in Raptor Disguise, consider yourself extremely lucky.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2011, 09:57 AM
This week, they're $2 off (down to $17.99). Still not enough for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I ended up getting all six on sale. The packs with Vader and Chewie seem to be selling the best, followed by the Luke one. So if nothing else, these could be functioning as pretty good gift sets.

Contrary to the first images, Dengar does include his codpiece. For some strange reason, the Imperial Forces set has two of IG-88's rifle and none of Bossk's.

bigbarada
09-25-2011, 06:05 PM
For some strange reason, the Imperial Forces set has two of IG-88's rifle and none of Bossk's.

This is the only set that I bought to keep packaged and I noticed the same thing. However, Bossk's rifle is in there, it's just behind him so it's tough to spot at first. You can see the brown strap from the rifle poking out from behind his left side. I guess they decided to pack the rifle behind Bossk this time, so that it wasn't obstructing the view of the figure (like it was on the 2007 VTAC card). They probably included an extra IG-88 rifle just to make sure that all three figures had clearly visible accessories.

To be honest, I really wish they would retool Bossk's rifle or at least release a version without the strap. As it's sculpted the strap is essentially useless, you can't even really hang it over his shoulder convincingly. It's the only real weak point of an otherwise perfect figure.