PDA

View Full Version : Seth MacFarlane To Reboot 'The Flintstones'

Lord Malakite
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Its official (http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/), Seth MacFarlane is to reboot 'The Flintstones'. Expect the new show to premiere in 2013 on FOX.

El Chuxter
05-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't know what's scarier: MacFarlane having four shows on Fox (and one of them funny!), or how incredibly bad this fit is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I really don't know what to make of this. The old show was very much a product of its time; I'm not sure why we need an update, and I wonder how this will be similar to or different from his other shows. Redoing Family Guy with dinosaurs sounds completely unnecessary.

Darth Metalmute
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I hope it's respectful. I was concerned when CN redid the Bugs Bunny show because I was worried that they would tarnish Bugs. But it's not too bad a show. Hopefully Seth will take the same approach.

JEDIpartner
06-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I'll see what he has to say... I mean, his shows were all born of The Flintstones, so it could work as long as it's not all fart jokes and blue humour. Mind you, I enjoy that in his currently airing shows (except for The Cleveland Show- stupid), but I don't think it would be a good fit for The Flintstones.

That Looney Toons show is fine, but I'm not a fan. They have gotten "too plot oriented" and that takes away from the fun. It also doesn't have any music cues. Did you notice that? It's just dialogue dialogue, dialogue. Even Tiny Toons and Animaniacs had relevant music cues. It just doesn't feel "right". At least the characterisations of the classic characters is spot on. I will give them that.

Darth Metalmute
06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't like the plot orientation either. I would perfer 3 7-minute episodes.

JimJamBonds
06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
First thought: Cool! Second thought: Yikes! Hopefully it ends up being closer to the first thought then the second one.

bigbarada
06-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Seems interesting, but only if they show some sort of respect for the source material. If it just ends up being Family Guy in a cave, then it's going to be horrible.

JimJamBonds
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Seems interesting, but only if they show some sort of respect for the source material. If it just ends up being Family Guy in a cave, then it's going to be horrible.No, it'd just eliminate the need to make that special ala "Its a trap!" etc.