PDA

View Full Version : Next BMF style vehicle

Maerj2000
05-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Okay guys, I've seen this a couple of times now:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_The_Next_BIG_Vehicle_138474.asp

"According to the report, this updated BMF-style vehicle will double as a playset and will include lights, sounds, weapon racks, cargo areas, opening cockpits, troop holders!

Best of all, it's said this will be a vehicle from the Original Trilogy...care to guess what it might be?"

Seriously, what can this be? What big vehicle, that is doable, could this be? We haven't gotten a Sail Barge at all, would this be it? Jawa Sandcrawler? Can't see this needing a gun rack and troops though. So what could this be? A playset as well, it said... hmmmm. Help!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I assume the playset aspect is similar to the other big vehicles they've done, like the Falcon, AT-AT, and Turbo Tank, which all have playset-like environments and features. The upcoming Republic Attack Shuttle takes the playset thing to a new level, so it could also be something like that. Maybe it will be an updated Imperial shuttle? I could also see them doing the ANH Special Edition shuttle in a similar way to the Republic Attack Shuttle, but they said it's updated, so I'm just assuming it's been done before. I'm really not sure what it could be.

LTBasker
05-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I figure there are two options. Either the, most likely, Imperial Shuttle, or maybe the Rebel Transport? I'd be very surprised at the latter and the Imperial Shuttle would make sense due to, as JabbaJohn said, their recent work on the Republic Shuttle.

I can't imagine it'd be the Sandcrawler considering the "weapon racks" and "troop holders." Unless the Jawas have some sort of special forces. :D

DarkJedi5
05-29-2011, 09:45 PM
For some reason that description made me think of a Star Destroyer or the Rebel Blockade Runner. Both are iconic OT vehicles that have troop interaction though the Star Destroyer has less action take place aboard it so it is less appealing as a playset vehicle.

Slicker
05-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I assume it's some stupid assed random vehicle that was seen for about 2.459 seconds so they'll make an awesome vehicle out of it!!!

Maerj2000
05-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I assume it's some stupid assed random vehicle that was seen for about 2.459 seconds so they'll make an awesome vehicle out of it!!!

Yes, but which one!?

Darth Metalmute
05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but I can't see them redoing the Imperial Shuttle. If they didn't say updated, I would have guessed Imperial Landing Craft. My initial guess would be Boba Fett's Slave 1.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I can't imagine it'd be the Sandcrawler considering the "weapon racks" and "troop holders." Unless the Jawas have some sort of special forces. :D

Don't mock the midget military!!!

Obsession is Nute
05-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Been gone for a while...it is good to be back!

Since they say "updated" I once again am dissapointed that it won't be the Sail Barge. I figured that since we got Vizam with his otherwise useless rail gun, a Sail Barge might be on the horizon, dispite Hasbro's repeated explanations why we won't get the barge. I am not sure why soft plastic pieces that connect together would not work, while keeping the price low and the package relatively small. Essentially, it is a 5 "part" vehicle: two canopies, two side fins, and the main piece. It's dimensions/coloring/detail are not so odd as to make the connected piece idea unworkable. Granted, assembly could take a little time, but nothing horrific. If the interior were left realtively hallow with 2 or 3 support pillars to hold the top deck from the bottom floor, it should be sustainable. The final, assembled size would be monsterous, but that is the nature of this awesome beast. It could be downsized slightly without most the wiser. Anywhoo, just venting my thoughts.

I am going to guess Death Star playset? However, the cockpit aspect does not work there. The big vehciles have a definite action orientation to them...so I am not guessing the Sandcrawler. While Tatooine is the most visited and important "backwater" planet in the Galaxy...I don't think it (Sandcrawler) has been featured prominetly enough in the Clone Wars for Hasbro to risk a noncollector rejection.

I could picture the Tantive VI working. It has popped up enough in the prequels and Clone Wars to have cross generational appeal.

I don't picture the medium transport appealing to kids.

Slave One would work, but I don't know why it would need room for "troops".

The Imperial Shuttle would be such a cheat, we got one a few years ago, we don't need another, IMO.

bigbarada
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I think the vintage Shuttle is about as good of a toy as that vehicle is ever going to get. Maybe they could upgrade the vintage mold with more features in the interior and better landing gear; but I don't think making it any bigger would improve it much (it was already the tallest vintage vehicle as it is).

I don't see them making yet another Slave 1 so soon after making the new mold just last year.

So that just leaves the Sandcrawler, Rebel Transport or Darth Vader's Star Destroyer, if we are talking about vintage updates. Honestly, none of those would be "must buys" for me. The Sandcrawler is really the only one that I would consider.

MrTantive
05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
I hope it's not the imperial shuttle... I would really like to see the Rebel Blockade Runner from ROTJ, with the side cannons, as intended in 1984 by Kenner, or even the Imperial Landing Craft (Sentinel-Class). The Slave 1 has already been redone (Clone Wars) and it would only need a new paint job. As for the Sandcrawler, it doesn't fit the description. A new Rebel Transport would also be great. It could resemble the Micromachines playset released in 1998. The inside could recreate the Echo Base command center. And there's a cockpit atop the ship...

DarthBrandon
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm hoping for the Rebel Blockade Runner, this would be killer. :)

El Chuxter
06-02-2011, 04:23 PM
There are only two vehicles I would buy in that size. (Maybe four.) The Sail Barge is the only "definite" one that could use a weapons rack. The Sandcrawler wouldn't need them, and the MTT and Tantive IV would only be "maybes" for me.

Hasbro doesn't like me, though, so I'm sure it's the fifteenth Slave One.

DarkJedi5
06-02-2011, 11:14 PM
The only "big" vehicles that are potential updates from the Kenner line where troop storage and weapon racks would be appropriate are the Star Destroyer, the Rebel Transport, and the Imperial Shuttle. If it really is an "update" as the rumor purports it to be then it seems like it's gonna be the shuttle. Hasbro keeps saying that they won't update the transport (though they said that about the cloud car too) and I still don't think the Star Destroyer works unless it's modular or three feet long. Frankly, I've already made up my mind that I don't have the money/space/interest to buy any capital ships so really either of those two options are out for me. That leaves the shuttle. Sure it bothers me that Darth Vader is too tall to go up and down the ramp without hitting his head, but as far as I'm concerned it's a display piece not a toy. It doesn't move fast in the movies and isn't wooshable in toy form either. We see the heroes in it and board it but we don't really see them interact with it. Same with the bad guys. It's not much more than a part of the set.

mtriv73
06-03-2011, 03:25 AM
There's one more option it could be a death star playset. I still hope its the tantive iv or sail barge though even though these wouldn't be updates of vintage vehicles.

SplFrcsCWO
06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Unless it is a typo, what would have multiple cockpits?

MrTantive
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
According to the answers given by Hasbro (95th SW Q&A) to Imperial Shipyards, "the Royal Starship and Emperor's Shuttle did not make the list", but we will see a "100% newly tooled iconic vehicle".
So, no Imperial Shuttle (Phew!). But which iconic vehicle? If "newly tooled" means "redone", are we talking about the Sandcrawler? Maybe the Rebel Transport? I hope they don't mean the big Slave 1 (the one from Clone Wars, revisited la Empire Strikes Back).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
According to the answers given by Hasbro (95th SW Q&A) to Imperial Shipyards, "the Royal Starship and Emperor's Shuttle did not make the list", but we will see a "100% newly tooled iconic vehicle".
So, no Imperial Shuttle (Phew!). But which iconic vehicle? If "newly tooled" means "redone", are we talking about the Sandcrawler? Maybe the Rebel Transport? I hope they don't mean the big Slave 1 (the one from Clone Wars, revisited la Empire Strikes Back).
The very next sentence in their answer gives it away: "We would be sharing too much information if we were to say that it is a yellow starfighter that rhymes with shampoo." So it's definitely the Naboo Starfighter, unless there's a Y'rampoo fighter I never knew about or something. :p They were talking solely about the Episode I movie line, though, so who knows what else is in store for next year, or if they're even planning a big vehicle at all.

Battle Droid
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
The MTT a possibility?

Hasbro's sculpter Dave Vennemeyer says it'd be a great idea and that they'd love to do it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9N8GJJ4PiEY

bigbarada
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
The MTT a possibility?

Hasbro's sculpter Dave Vennemeyer says it'd be a great idea and that they'd love to do it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9N8GJJ4PiEY

Definitely seems like a possibility, even though some sites are running with the comments as some sort of confirmation. At best, right now, we can say that it is at least being strongly considered by Hasbro.

Of course the completely collapsable Battle Droid is a good indicator, but again (like the Nikto Gunner's gun), it's not a guarantee that the vehicle is currently being developed.

Anyways that Battle Droid figure looks pretty amazing!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
The MTT would be good, since it also appears in The Clone Wars from time to time, meaning there's a sort of crossover audience there. I'm wondering how that Battle Droid is different from the current mold introduced in the Target Geonosis two-packs, since the articulation and backpack situation seem to be largely the same. The head still slides into the body incorrectly; in the film, it just swings forward. I'll also be disappointed if it can't hold a blaster in the two-handed pose. The pose and the neck are the two things that prevented the current sculpt from being great, and it looks like neither of those things has been addressed, so it's puzzling. At any rate, I'm sure an MTT would help to move lots and lots of Battle Droid figures, and there's that Naboo Plains pack coming from Target, so I really wouldn't be surprised if it were that one.

Battle Droid
07-28-2011, 08:32 PM
The head is new with sculpted eyes instead of them just painted on, and Dave said that'll it'll be able to stand.

bigbarada
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
The head is new with sculpted eyes instead of them just painted on, and Dave said that'll it'll be able to stand.

When is that new Battle Droid coming out? It just might be the first non-CW BD figure I've bought since 2002.

Battle Droid
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Next year.

MrTantive
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
The very next sentence in their answer gives it away: "We would be sharing too much information if we were to say that it is a yellow starfighter that rhymes with shampoo." So it's definitely the Naboo Starfighter, unless there's a Y'rampoo fighter I never knew about or something. :p They were talking solely about the Episode I movie line, though, so who knows what else is in store for next year, or if they're even planning a big vehicle at all.

Yeah... Due to my excitement, I only read the first part of the answer to Imperial Shipyards... But still we learn that they won't make another version of the Imperial Shuttle...

TheDarthVader
07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I hear ya about the imperial shuttle...the other release is not too terrible; it is just that the wings were not even and that bugged the heck outta me. We do need a newer version one of these days!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
When is that new Battle Droid coming out? It just might be the first non-CW BD figure I've bought since 2002.
As Battle Droid says, it's next year, but more specifically it's in the TPM TVC wave coming out in January/February.

El Chuxter
07-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I think JT said the new Battle Droid isn't quite as new as they're making it out to be.

Even a year or so ago, I would've jumped at an MTT. I think that ship might've sailed, though, and only a Sail Barge could tempt me. A redone Naboo Starfighter doesn't do much for me. It's an awesome design, but I think the original was quite nice, if undersized.

bigbarada
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM
I think JT said the new Battle Droid isn't quite as new as they're making it out to be.

Even a year or so ago, I would've jumped at an MTT. I think that ship might've sailed, though, and only a Sail Barge could tempt me. A redone Naboo Starfighter doesn't do much for me. It's an awesome design, but I think the original was quite nice, if undersized.

In that video interview, they where also talking about the Sail Barge Artoo like it wasn't just released last year. In fact, I found it kind of odd how the Sandtroopers.com guy seemed to be asking questions about the Artoo figure as if he had never seen it before. So I could definitely see the new Battle Droid being a combination of new and old parts.

Some people are assuming that the next BMF vehicle will be the Special Edition Shuttle from ANH. I think I'd prefer a BMF Cruisemissile Trooper to that.

El Chuxter
07-31-2011, 03:41 PM
I think I'd prefer a BMF Cruisemissile Trooper to that.
I say, "BRING IT ON!!" I'd army-build that mammajamma. I'd take out a second mortgage just to build a huge fleet of those suckers.

DarkJedi5
07-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Okay guys, I've seen this a couple of times now:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_The_Next_BIG_Vehicle_138474.asp

"According to the report, this updated BMF-style vehicle will double as a playset and will include lights, sounds, weapon racks, cargo areas, opening cockpits, troop holders!

Best of all, it's said this will be a vehicle from the Original Trilogy...care to guess what it might be?"

Seriously, what can this be? What big vehicle, that is doable, could this be? We haven't gotten a Sail Barge at all, would this be it? Jawa Sandcrawler? Can't see this needing a gun rack and troops though. So what could this be? A playset as well, it said... hmmmm. Help!

Some people are assuming that the next BMF vehicle will be the Special Edition Shuttle from ANH. I think I'd prefer a BMF Cruisemissile Trooper to that.

The original rumor report (and I admit it is just a rumor) said that it would be an "update" which should rule out the SE shuttle. Which is good cause it's no more exciting than an Imperial shuttle with less screen time and to be big enough to be fun (loading and unloading speederbikes and Dewbacks) it would have to be pretty big.

The only large OT vehicles that they've done that I can think of are the Sandcrawler, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, and the Imperial Shuttle. If you count the POTF line then you can throw in the Rebel Transport and the Star Destroyer (I'm ignoring the Death Star since it could never be a "ship" only a play-set that might be able to fold up into a sphere but that still isn't really a ship). Depending on how you define "big" you could include mid-range ships like the Slave I and the Outrider. They've already down the Falcon and AT-AT and while we haven't seen the OT Slave I, the CW version didn't have lights or sounds so I think that rules it out. They confirmed that the shuttle is not on their list as of now and I can't imagine that the Outrider is either since no one has talked about it in over a decade.

So, Sandcrawler, ISD, and Rebel Transport. I don't think we'll see the Sandcrawler redone for a loooong time, if ever. The only way the Transport would sell is if it folded down into a really aggressive and action-packed battle station because kids won't recognize it so it has to be really cool. I guess this leaves just the ISD which could be cool but I just don't know if I'd buy it because it's size could create storage and display issues.

Tycho
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
The logic on the Rebel Transport is sound.

A huge build-a-droid environment with the sandcrawler could be very cool.

I plan to build my own star destroyer one day, and by my specifications (from my own plans for this vehicle / playset) it needs to be like 9-10 feet long.

I don't see Hasbro doing it justice.

My most wanted OT big-vehicle is definitely the Sailbarge, but that has never been made before.

They could be updating the skiff however, and calling it (an economy class) big vehicle.

I see 2013 - ROTJ's 30th- as being the time for the Sailbarge. Maybe they're going to test the waters with a new skiff?

And yes, the MTT is something I want from the PT for sure!

The Separatists need more big vehicles, and that's a leading candidate.

For the Republic? A Radiant VII style ship like the one you first see on the screen in TPM would be very cool. The CW Episode with Bariss and Ahsoka battling zombie clones also took place on that ship - as did young Boba Fett's journey to Mace's star destroyer, and Ventress' escape on one, with the freed Nute Gunray. Obviously Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan employed one in the movie.

Meanwhile, it's my opinion that the Clones have enough gear for a while.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
The UK Toy Fair is today, and the word is that it's the MTT. Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9236) says it'll be around 3 feet long, and shows an image here (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9237) that supports the notion that it will include 20 battle droids. That sounds like a crazy number, especially if it's the new TVC mold. I'm definitely excited for more details on this one.

Dark Marble
01-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I would be very interested in this. Some thing with a nice stock of droids would be pretty sweet and the size seems right.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
This image (http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/Nicodiemos/SW.jpg) has a small shot of Hasbro's catalog showing the MTT. Apparently only four out of the 20 droids are posable, according to someone at the show, but I can live with that as the rest of the droids will look cool just hanging there (and I'm glad it doesn't require you to buy a ton of the Vintage figure just to fill it).

Dark Marble
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Okay!! Now that is some exciting news. I was hoping that we would get something big and new for Episode I and this will do! Can't wait to see some more on this one.

Darth Metalmute
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Man, looks like I got out of the collecting business too early. This looks real nice. Between this set, and how nice the new carded figures look, my wife might have a reason to kill me for jumping back in.

Maradona
01-24-2012, 11:04 PM
The news of the MTT is exciting and so is the report on a Heli-carrier for the Avengers line. I wonder if the buck of the Heli-carrier can be re-tooled and reused for anything else in any of Hasbro's 3 3/4 lines.

Tycho
01-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I am so all over the MTT!

I can't wait to get this.

The Republic has huge vehicles like:

AOTC AT-TE (and the Gunship is pretty big)
ROTS Turbo Tank (and the ARC 170 is pretty big)

The Separatists finally REALLY get their large vehicle due!

The MTT!!!

However, I may have to display this separate from the battle I'm building.

Please NOTE that the picture below is a diorama in progress. I will put the hillside and blue sky in the background on poster board on the back, and set the whole scene on foam board reinforced with ground color paint and soil, with bright green model railroad grass on top of it.

I also bought 2 more STAPs to add the the scene and make the Trade Federation look more powerful, and not like the Faamba is just going to step on everything and let the Gungans win too easily.

However, if you look at the area for an infantry battle in my diorama, you can see it is pushed more over to the Trade Federation's half of the diorama. That's necessary because the Faamba is so big.

But if you put an MTT the size of the TurboTank in there, it takes up half the display case. I know - I have the Turbo Tank in the exact same type of case for my Kashyyyk diorama in progress.

I definitely support the large vehicle line and will buy the MTT at full price to demonstrate my support (I mean I'm not going to generously donate the money to charity or something awful like that, right?)

[I volunteer my time to help others every week, so I'm only joking about doing right by others - however I will do right by myself by putting my money down on this bad boy!]

Meanwhile, what will I do with it? Well, make a smaller diorama than the one pictured below, with the thing chasing Qui-Gon and all the animals, and STAPs pursuing Obi-Wan. It's about all I can do, besides aim it for running over JarJar, just like it was in the movie.

But don't you think an MTT would squish the display in this particular case, below?

[I need to spend funds on more cases - some custom sizes which are very pricey - because Republic Gunships do not fit in these (too narrow) and because where I located this case in my apartment, does not have room for a longer case against my bar wall. (It's under the bar counter top so you can still sit at the bar)] In any event, other wall space is designated for other cases that size or larger, containing the Royal Starship / hanger escape (and hopefully, one day, a Gungan Bongo Sub for that scene) , the Battle for Theed from the end of the movie (with Darth Maul fighting the Jedi below the surface of the street, in the reactor core), and the Battle of Endor. If you notice, all these scenes are pretty much colored GREEN - hence its my green room and there is to be green plants, pictures of green landscapes, and a green cat tree for my pets in this room as it becomes completed.

Anyway, here's the picture.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I have no interest in the MTT, though it is nice that it's coming fully loaded with droids (in one style or another). And it had BETTER be fully loaded at the $129.99 price tag that Target will have it for (according to Yakface)!!!

Tycho
01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Did you notice my diorama-in-progress picture I attached JediPartnr? (and everyone else)

What do you think? Would the MTT be useful to a guy creating a project like me?

I might have a hard time even fitting it into my scene from the photo I attached.

"Less can be More" might apply to my diorama, not being shmushed because of everything being forced closer together to make room for the MTT.

Remember, I bought 2 more STAPs with Battle Droids to give my Trade Federation forces more artillery (that still fits in this diorama without crowding the scene). So imagine there's 3 STAPs in there, as I haven't placed them in the diorama yet. I have 2 in storage that are the same coloration as the single one in there now, and I want to keep 'em color consistent, so I'm going to swap those out of storage and use the brand new, currently shipping ones for other dioramas I need STAPs in.

Snowtrooper
01-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm looking forward to this one. As far as excitement level, while its less than the AT-AT, its definitely more than the Republic Attack Shuttle. At 3' long thats a massive beast, although I'm assuming thats with the droid unloader deployed. It'll be interesting to see how they make that mechanism works. If it sells well, hopefully it will pave the way for the sail barge and sandcrawler since its not as aggressive as other vehicles in the SW universe.

Your definitely going to need more space Tycho.

Tycho
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Snowtrooper. I think so too.

I also agree with you that the 3' long measurement is with the troop carrier deployed (battle droid rack outstretchec).

I'm not expecting that to be spring-loaded or electronically controlled. It could be. But they could make this toy a lot cheaper if it were just a manual pull-out.

Still, I'm not thinking like someone wanting to play with it. My hobby is making my dioramas, so I'm just going to put it behind glass so I can look at it - maybe or probably NOT in the scene in the picture from my collection that I attached above.

Re-checking the Turbo Tank, it's more like 2 feet long. The Queen's Royal Starship is 3 feet long. There's no way the MTT needs to be 3 feet WITHOUT the droid rack deployed.

Now I built the Tantive IV myself (out of plastic which I custom ordered) and made that 5 feet long. I think I can attach the pictures below.258742587525876

This is as large as I need the Blockade Runner. You can set up the movie scene inside. I suppose the bottom, under the engines, could be (unrealistically) cut out to let Grievous' starfighter land in there if you wanted, but I intend to some day add the detail of the area that Leia was stun-gunned in.

Anyway, I have my own needs for how big a Star Destroyer (9 feet, not to scale with the Blockade Runner obviously, but capable of launching a single TIE Bomber) and the Sailbarge (easily doable at 3 feet) ought to be.

JEDIpartner
01-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Did you notice my diorama-in-progress picture I attached JediPartnr? (and everyone else)

I sure did!! It looks like a good start and I think at least one MTT would definitely be in the cards for you since it seems like you would want that to complete the scene. I don't think it would fit in the display case, though...

Tycho
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the way I've spaced everything out in there (before I add the grass and sky background, etc.) looks perfect to me (with 2 more STAPs I haven't put in yet - and that one Gungan is not supposed to have fallen down).

I might also add the blaster effects to the Droids' guns from the Episode 2 Saga pack-ins. Just 5 in the front row (there are 15 battle droids in rows of 5 outnumbering 8 Gungan Warriors in rows of 4).

Though in the movie, did the Gungans outnumber the Droids actually? And the Trade Federation was winning primarily because they had better weapons, I think?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah, the way I've spaced everything out in there (before I add the grass and sky background, etc.) looks perfect to me (with 2 more STAPs I haven't put in yet - and that one Gungan is not supposed to have fallen down).
I think you could get an MTT in there if you just squeezed everything together (the droids could be next to the MTT instead of in front of it, for instance). That doesn't seem to be what you want to do, though, but it is an option.

I still need to get a Fambaa . . . my Battle of Grassy Plains is woefully small . . .

El Chuxter
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
The Fambaa should be ripe for a re-release. Even with the increase in prices overall, if it's not a FAO exclusive, it should be the same price or even less than the original.

bigbarada
01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd buy a new Fambaa if it was fully articulated and larger than the 1999 version. At least as big as the vintage AT-AT (not the BAT-AT). Plus it would have to come with both shield projector and amplifier (or whatever they are called) attachments.

Maybe back in 1999-2001 I would have gotten excited over the MTT, but I think it's too late now.

JediTricks
01-26-2012, 11:03 PM
The Fambaa should be ripe for a re-release. Even with the increase in prices overall, if it's not a FAO exclusive, it should be the same price or even less than the original.They could also release it with both the shield emitter and the power generator - it was made and sold in the Invasion Force sub-line with Jar Jar as a stand-alone cannon, but as you can see here, it's made to pop into the Fambaa: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/episodeI/EP1fambaacannon.jpg&text=Gungan%20Assault%20Cannon%20mounted%20on%20a% 20Fambaa

That said, the Fambaa is an ugly brick of a toy and a sales loser, I bet they don't even have the tooling anymore.

As for the MTT, an interesting choice on a longshot of a vehicle. There was a time when I definitely would have been down, but between the odd way it envelops the droid rack and the HUUUUGE price tag, I'm on the fence. If this had come out 13 years ago instead of the Royal Starship, it would have been a much easier sale.

El Chuxter
01-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Ah, yes. The Jar Jar statue. And I couldn't get the beam emitter to actually attach to the Fambaa; it didn't exactly balance well, either.

A Fambaa, a Kaadu, Captain Tarpals, Jar Jar, and a Gungan Warrior (and, perhaps, a Falumpaset) would make a nifty Target Ultimate Battlepack, you must admit.

Tycho
01-28-2012, 02:54 AM
I agree Chuxter - though I have that stuff and am not in the market for it any longer.

As Snowtrooper, JediPartnr, and JabbaJohnL were giving me their input on my diorama I'd ask for (thank you guys! :) ) I believe in the principle of "Less is More," with my displays - sort of showcasing the toys, positioned to recreate the scene, but not to the full grand scale (in which case I think there were 4 faambas).

I use the same kind of store-fixture case for Hoth and in it I utilize only a single OLD AT-AT (vintage size) - also the probot and an Old AT-ST (with snowspeeders for the Rebels of course).

But though I had to buy the new BAT-AT, I'm not using it in that scene - as it gets everything going too large for the way I want to showcase the scene, and I'll have to put my BAT-AT in some other display.

Meanwhile, there was a time when Toys R Us clearenced the regular old AT-ATs at only $10 (yes, ten dollars) a piece. I didn't buy any - zero - zilch.

I didn't need to expand the scene and those fixtures can fit against my wall, let me pop the top off of 'em to position my figures, and then seal it up from dust. But most importantly, since they are against the walls in my place, they stay out of my way - unlike say a big pool table sized planet display.

Which I admit would look awesome! But I sort my mail and my writing work on top of these figures. My folded laundry gets placed there until I put it away in my armouir, etc.

My cats would jump on a big, open-air snow scene, and I don't think you need to guess what they'd bury in the sands of Tatooine ;)

I'm still on the fence about what to do with the MTT. I will be buying it for sure though.

But a smaller display that houses only it, a couple STAPs (I already purchased them) and the E1 Battle Pack Animals (I've saved a lot of these from 1999 for just this reason) all chasing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, runnig into JarJar - would look sufficiently nice and I wouldn't cramp my display I showcased above.

If I squeezed it, I'd move the Kaadus back alongside the Faamba, then move both the catapult and each warring army back towards the Faamba, move the AAT Tank up, and put the MTT behind it (against the right wall of the case).

I still have to see just how big the MTT is when it's released, but it may not be that big. If it's the size of the Turbotank, which is all it needs to be, it actually takes up only 2/3 of ONE side of this kind of case.

So it is possible to get it in there. And the scene might be complete. But would it look good? Hmmm.

JediTricks
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Ah, yes. The Jar Jar statue. And I couldn't get the beam emitter to actually attach to the Fambaa; it didn't exactly balance well, either.

A Fambaa, a Kaadu, Captain Tarpals, Jar Jar, and a Gungan Warrior (and, perhaps, a Falumpaset) would make a nifty Target Ultimate Battlepack, you must admit.Depends on the price and paint. And at least 2 warriors (or 3, there are a number of usable molds for this).

Battle Droid
02-08-2012, 07:45 AM
New pic from http://see.walmart.com/starwars/

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
It's unfortunate that the droids in the set are all standing up. They look like the poorly articulated versions from one of the Naboo playsets in 1999, with blasters attached to their hands. Well, hopefully the folded ones can fit in there as well.

Tycho
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
BattleDroid - I LOVE your picture!

I wish I could build a diorama THAT big. Mine will have only 1 AAT tank due to space limitations. However, I'm augmenting my Droid Army with 3 STAPs. I forgot to look if there were any in your picture.

Opposing them, I have a slightly (and deliberately) smaller Gungan Army with 3 kaadus, a falumpaset, catapult, and the giant faamba.

Well - my pictures are above though I have not yet gotten the turf and background for the Naboo setting done yet. For the future...

But yeah, your pic you found is pretty much what I want to build - though I'm using 15 Battle Droids in rows of 5, as my scene is scaled down.

As my picture indicates, I may not have room for the MTT.

I am definitely buying one though - and putting Qui-Gon and JarJar running in front of them with all those Naboo battle pack animals I bought 11 years ago to save in order to recreate that.

JediTricks
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Hasbro created that image, it's on the WM 3D website.

The picture gives me pause, there are no folded-up droids shown and it looks like the rack stows them standing. It also gives me pause because the droids and STAPs shown give a good idea of the scale of it and it doesn't look as big as its high pricepoint suggests.

The weekend can't come soon enough to find out more!