PDA

View Full Version : Eastern PA Finds

Nium
03-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Quakertown, K-Mart 309

Finally found R2-Q5. Picked up the last and only one. Not to mention it was the "Imperal" droid; version .0400. Lando, Jar Jar (Tatooine), Battle Droid (Boomer Damage), and Tessek adorned the pegs too.

Little Yoda
03-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Nium, hey there buddy! I haven't seen you post here in ages...well, actually neither have I. Congrats on the R2-Q5. Well, since I haven't posted in awhile, I'm not sure what you need or haven't seen yet, but I'll keep you posted as to what I've been finding lately. Wal-Mart Whitehall-nothing except some Bespin Guards and a few of the Ketwol wave. Toys R' Us Whitehall-Duros, Gungan Warriors, Coruscant Guards and some of the 25th Anniversary two-packs (mostly Vader-Kenobi). My "reliable" source lately has been the TRU in Philipsburg, NJ right off of 22E. It's a small journey from Allentown that usually pays off. In the last two weeks, I've got Eeth Koth, Zutton, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, FX-7, and Amidala there. I last visited on Monday (march 4th), and this is what they had:
2-Amidala
4-Zutton
4-Eeth Koth
2-Rebel Trooper
Some of the Lando wave and other "older" waves
All the 25th Anniversary packs (5-6 each)
Sorry, I did grab the last two Imperial Officers there.
I hope this helps, there is also a Wal-Mart right there in the same complex as the TRU, but I haven't even bothered to check it. I'd rather support TRU anytime!

Lord_Jedi
03-06-2002, 07:14 PM
There are a lot of Wal-Marts around Allentown. I find myself visiting everyone about once every other week or so.
here are some of the locations:

Wilson Exit on 33
145 N by Burlington Coat Factory
Lehighton
East Stroudsburg
Phillipsburg

Nium
03-06-2002, 10:53 PM
S'up Little Yoda,

Glad to see your still out there too! By the total number of posts listed under both our usernames I can tell neither of us been postin too much lol. I just got done cataloging my POTJ collection because I realized I wasn't really sure what was in my POTJ collection. Turns out I'm fairly well caught up...well that is till I read your post on what you'd found at TRU in Jersey :rolleyes: a colllecting's never done (hee hee). So far the figs I haven't seen and didn't really know were out...

-Amidala (that's Royal Decoy right?)
-Zutton
-Eeth Koth
-Rebel Trooper
-Imperial Officer
-FX-7

In checking over my POTJ turns out the only .0000 cards I have is one Coruscant Guard and Tusken Raider.

Hope to be seeing more posts from you.
Later.

Little Yoda
03-11-2002, 08:51 AM
I did find the AotC preview figures over the weekend!:D I went to visit a friend of mine in Altoona, PA and we were both able to purchase all four figs at the Altoona Wal-Mart. These figures are sweet! When we asked the gentleman working in the toy dept. about the supposed "release date", he just sorta chuckled and said he knew nothing about waiting until the 16th, or 23rd, or whenever. Besides, why would they wait, within a matter of seconds, my friend and I spent 60 bucks on 9 figs (he bought an extra Clonetrooper). I tried to be "strong" and wait until TRU or Target would get these figs, but once I had them in my hand, forget it. I have nothing against Wal-Mart, but I just don't want to see TRU become the next K-Mart. I know, I know, my toy purchases alone won't matter much, but it's the whole "my one vote won't make a difference" idea.

Uhhhhh yeah, I found the figures! Sorry, didn't mean to go off there!

Nium
03-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Congrats Little Yoda,

I found nothing over the weekend. I had checked Whitehall TRU and Phillipsburg TRU along with the Wal-Mart in the same complex and all I saw where Duro and the rest of the latest pegwarmers. Thus the search continues. :)

kwyjibo111
03-11-2002, 05:52 PM
I found the sneak preview set at the Wal-Mart in Scranton.

Little Yoda
03-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Congrats on the find kwy! I think these figures are awesome! What's your opinion? Nium, I can't believe you didn't find anything at the TRU in Phillipsburg, sorry about that. I almost always walk out with new figs. I'll keep you posted as to when and what I find "over there". It may be a few weeks before I venture to NJ again. The Whitehall TRU, WM, and K-Mart all stink lately, nothing but pegwarmers...but those stores were useful when I was buying the Lego sets for my Star Wars Chess Set that I put together. I hope the TRU gets the AT-ST's soon, and the Teebo Wave!

Nium
03-20-2002, 06:56 PM
K-Mart
191, Bethlehem
AOTC for $6.99ea
-They had all 4 of the AOTC figs. Looked like a full case on the pegs.

POTJ
-Vader (Emporer's Wrath)
-Luke Skywalker (X-wing suit)
-Ketwol
-Duro
-Han Solo (Death Star Escape)

-25th Silver Anniversary Figures
..Vader/OB-1
..Luke/Leia
..Han/Chewie

-Deluxe Figures
..Darth Maul w/ Sith Attack Probe
..Luke in Bacta Tank

EP1
-Darth Maul
-Maul (Tatooine)

Nium
03-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Wal-Mart
309, Quakertown

Instead of new POTJ figures I ended up findin 3 Jedi Starfighters for $19.76 ea. I left two behind. At first I thought it was a model or a puzzle by the sedate apperance of the box.

Initially I had some trouble getting the wings or gun covers to stay on but they easily go on after a few times. Even though the R2 unit isn't removable at least it's head spins. The springs for the missles are pretty weak but the wings fly right off.

Little Yoda
03-22-2002, 10:53 PM
I found all of these at the KB Toy store located in the Lehigh Valley mall tonight. Here is what they had around 8:00pm--

2 Rebel Troopers
2 Imperial Officers
1 FX-7
2 Queen Amidala (Decoy)
3 BoShek
3 Teebo
4 R4-M9
(pegwarmers-Lando wave, Bespin Guard, etc.)
only problem was the $7.99 pricetag and the fact that some jerk had "basically destroyed" the cards on each of the Teebo Wave. The cards all had the exact same fold that ran the length of the card, incredible that someone took the time to do this. I'm not a "carded collector", but if I was, I would be ticked. I think this wave is going to be limited anyway, and to find them in such shape really stinks.
Anyway, Nium and other LV collectors, if you don't mind a "bent" card, KB has the Teebo wave! I ran over to TRU also, and not much there, pegwarmers and 1 of Zam Wessell and the R3 there. Hope this helps somebody out there.

Nium
04-02-2002, 11:39 PM
Wal-Mart
309, Quakertown

Looks like POTJ is finally going on sale. The price has finally dropped to $5.88.

Little Yoda,

Thanks for the tip off for KB toys in the mall I was able to pick up

Amidala
R4-M9
BoShek
Rebel Trooper

The others you had mentioned were already gone, I had stopped by the day after your last post. I was just by there yesterday (Mon. 4/1/02) and the only thing they have now are AOTC preview figs along with a bunch of the Jedi Starfighter $21.99 (I'm pretty sure it was $21.99 it may have been a little more) a few dollars more then I'd seen them at Wal-Mart.

TRU (Grape Street) had nothing new; do they ever?

Nium
04-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Wal-Mart
309, Quakertown

Found six brand spanking new AOTC figures on the pegs for $5.88

Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Captain Typho (Padme's Head of Security)
Plo Kloon (Arena Battle)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Tusken Raider (Female with Child Tusken)

All had background scenes and I especially liked Shaak Ti the only problem is that Wal-Mart wouldn't sell any of them to me. At the register the only thing that would come up when the figures were scanned was "Not Authorized For Sale...". Bluntly I stated to the clerk if the item is on the floor it is for sale, then I told the same thing to the Assistant Manager and Customer Service Manager. They told me at first they couldn't sell the items to me because there had been a recall on the figures (something about a choking hazard LOL) and that they had just received an e-mail stating the recall. I demanded to see the e-mail describing the recall . The 2 managers filed into a side room and rather sheepishly came back out and let me know the figures hadn't been recalled but they were set out by mistake and they wouldn't sell them to me until their release date of April 23. I asked them to hold the figures till then for me or let me put them on layaway to purchase on the 23rd. Their reply was that they could neither hold them or allow me to put them on layaway (no layaway because then they'd be selling them to me) but that I was "more then welcome to come back on the 23rd and purchase them" heck they said I could even come in, first thing, when the store opened in the morning; how terribly kind of them, No?

I'm not much into threatening retail employees with the whole "I shop here all the time" or "I spend thousands of dollars here" nonesense, but I did express my dismay at their lack of anything resembling concern about providing satisfactory customer service. I have the District Managers name along with the Overall Manager of the store's name and Corporate is gonna get sick of hearing about this come Monday :evil:

Isn't the rule if it's on the floor it's for sale? I always thought so!

BoShek
04-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Hello fellow PA collectors! I am new here.

I just posted a thread about how I can't find any wave past the Bespin Guard wave.
http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.phps=&threadid=5890

I am hoping to expand my search a little when I graduate in about a month; I plan on going to New Jersey to visit my Aunt and Uncle and a ton of Wal Marts and Toys R Us stores are on the way (Windgap, Phillipsburg, Somerville, Atlantic City).

State College, Bloomsburg, Wilkes-Barre and Altoona has had nothing (my four areas I look). Well, the AOTC preview figures are out but I mean the last waves of the POTJ figures.

It is so hard to wait when almost everyone else has Zutton, Koth, my namesake, etc.

SWAFMAN
04-07-2002, 01:51 AM
okay, that isn't news. I just wanted to post to say hello to Little Yoda & BoShek, who mentioned the Altoona & State College Wal Marts. Do you live near Altoona/State College? I'm in Bellefonte.

subMERGE
04-07-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey, I live in the Altoona/ State College area. Has anybody seen anything in State College at the Nittany Mall or the two Wal-Marts. ( EP2 Merchandise)

subMERGE
04-07-2002, 08:04 AM
I plan on going to State College and Altoona today to check all three of the Wal-Marts. I haven't had any luck finding EP2 merchandise in Altoona, but I haven't really been checking in State College. If anybody finds anything EP2, let me know.

BoShek
04-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Yep, I live in State College and go to Penn State.

BoShek
04-07-2002, 01:40 PM
I saw the new droid from EP 2 at Ames in State College. They must of had the four preview figures set. This was last Monday. I am not sure if they have more or none now.

SWAFMAN
04-07-2002, 05:50 PM
hey BoShek & subMerge! nice to meet you. my son was at his grandparents house this weekend, and brought home sneak preview edition figures of zam wessel and r3. i'm pretty sure they got them at wal mart in montoursville.

i really like the red blast effect tips that can attach to the pistol or whatever that stick is that comes with zam. i don't collect figures, but do collect Action Fleet ships. i'd LOVE to have a bunch of those blast effect tips to put on the ends of the laser cannons on the x-wings (and ALL the ships).

anyway, again, it's great to find people so nearby on this forum. maybe we should have a tailgate or something this summer?

subMERGE
04-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Went to Altoona yesterday.

Wal-Mart- nothing but POTJ ( sandrooper wave, boomer droid wave, general leia wave, ect.) * Alot of General Leia

Toys r us- Three pegs full of Sneak Preview figures ( at leats 5 or 6 of each)

K-Mart- old POTJ, first deluxe wave

Target- old POTJ ( lando), and a few preview ( didin't have time to see who)

Family Toy Warehouse- old POTJ (luke x-wing wave, sabe wave)

SunCoast- Aurra Sing wave, and luke x-wing wave

EB- Deluxe wave 1, old POTJ ( Aurra Sing, and a few other ( can't remeber!) )

Kay-Bee- Zam Wesell and R3-T7 preview figures+ Sabe POTJ wave

Little Yoda
04-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Nium, and fellow Lehigh Valley Collectors, the Ames on Union Blvd. in Bethlehem (behind the KFC) has both the Amanaman and Princess Leia (Sail Barge) figures for $3.94 each. I was surprised to find these at Ames and at this price. I almost bought each of these at Target for $15.99 awhile back, now I'm glad I waited. Anyway, there must have been 12-15 of each figure! I hope this helps you out.

BoShek
04-08-2002, 06:58 PM
subMERGE,

Thanks for the Altoona report. I was dying to go there to see if they have the figures I need (post Bespin G wave) but I guess they don't have them either! That saved me a trip.

subMERGE
04-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Does anybody have reports on State College? On the two Wal-Marts, K-Mart, Kay-Bee, or Target?
It could really save me a trip, but it's only a half-hour anyway.

SWAFMAN
04-10-2002, 08:28 PM
subM, sorry, I haven't been to the SC stores in about a week. if you haven't gone yet, I'll probably be checking in a few days. I know that is a long time to wait when everyone is posting about new finds lately. i don't get to Altoona very often, maybe a couple times a year. i used to go more, to look for action fleet at TRU (and Target, before we got one here), but TRU was almost always picked-over for the best things. i did get a classic duels set there once, though. the Mill-Fal/TIE Int. set.

BoShek
04-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Don't waste your time going to State College yet. I was to the Benner Pike Wal Mart and Lando and Jar Jar were waiting for someone to buy their sorry butts. As for the rest of the stores, Target has some on sale but they are all the older ones. It has been a while since I was to Ames so they might have some Preview Figures there.

subMERGE
04-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Got Padme in the mail today. To those of you who don't have her yet, she looks great.

subMERGE
04-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Bad news. I opened Padme and her leg wasn't attached to the body. It was broken off. I had to super glue it back on.

subMERGE
04-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Anyone see Episode 2 merchandise at K-Mart?
I'm hearing reports of Deluxe figures. I'm gonna try to go to Altoona Sunday for a sweep of all the stores.

Sith Lord 0498
04-13-2002, 04:58 PM
subMERGE--
Check out my post in this thread. This is what I found in Reading, PA on Route 222.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6154

SWAFMAN
04-13-2002, 07:37 PM
State College Ames only had a few POTJ figs on an end cap. I saw NO EP2 preview or other stuff.

subMERGE
04-14-2002, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm planning on going to Altoona today. I'll post my finds tonight.

BoShek
04-14-2002, 02:10 PM
Wilkes-Barre TRU: a ton of Zuttons, Koths and a few Decoys. Also had two tie fighters and some AT STs.

subMERGE
04-15-2002, 06:05 AM
Here's my recap of Altoona.

Wal-Mart- General Leia Wave, Lando Wave, Boomer Wave
K-Mart- Deluxe Wave 1, Boomer Wave ( I think only han)
Kay-Bee- Sabe Wave, Zam Wesell and R3-T7 Preview
Suncoast- Bespin Leia Wave, Boomer Wave
EB- Bespin Leia Wave
Toysrus- Bespin Leia Wave, Preview ( all but only about a peg or two)
Family Toy Warehouse-Luke X-Wing Wave

* Didn't go to Target

SWAFMAN
04-20-2002, 05:16 PM
STATE COLLEGE, PA REPORT - 4/20/2002
Went everywhere except Ames.

KMART - take 30% off all prices listed below:
NO EP2 STUFF AT ALL
(stuff I didn't buy...)
3-3/4" Commtech Mauls (lots) all figs $5 ea., less 30%
" " Adi Gallia
Padme Naberrie
Qui-Gon
Cantina Aliens set $12
~12" Figs - Amidalas in assorted costumes (had at least 10) $12
~12" Qui-Gon talking interactive bank $14
Yoda Furbie (had at least 5) $20
Lego - 703 pc. TIE Interceptor (box in awful shape) $80
- Slave 1 $20
- Stormtrooper $35
- Watto's Junkyard $50
- Technic Battle Droid $30
- Pit Droid $20
- C3P0 $35
Amidala Telephone (real, working, flip-phone style) $12
SWAF EP1 Mini-Scene (about 5 left) $6
*Remember take 30% off prices above

(stuff I did buy...)
SWAF Naboo Starfighter $4.90 after discount
SWAF Sebulba's Pod Racer (same price)
SWAF EP1 Mini Scene #1 $4.20
Gungan Level 4 suit $7 after discount
other stuff, too. all non-SW stuff bought for my son's birthday

Target no discounts
Simpsons: Lunchlady Doris, Muumu Homer, Selma $20
Tons o' Gungan stuff
POTJ Leia Sail Barge Cannon $11.10
POTJ Amanaman & Ketwol $4.50
Silver Anniversary Swing to Freedom & Death Star Escape $11.10
NO EP2 STUFF AT ALL

Wal Mart - North Atherton no discounts
3-3/4" Silver Anniv. Swing to Freedom & Death Star Escape $14.97
Lots of POTJ Bespin & Coruscant Guards $5.88
12" Figs. IG88, Bossk, DeathStar Droid $21.96, Luke&Yoda $28.93
NO EP2 STUFF AT ALL

Wal Mart - Benner Pike
3-3/4" POTJ JarJar, Lando, Tessek $5.88
Silver Anniv. Swing, D.S. Escape & Final Duel $14.97
NO EP2 STUFF AT ALL

Kaybee - Nittany Mall
3-3/4" POTJ Leia Sail barge cannon & Luke Bacta Tank $6.99
General Leia $2.99
Silver Anniv. sets $19.99
12" Amidalas $7.99
NO EP2 STUFF AT ALL

that's all folks!

BoShek
04-20-2002, 06:14 PM
SWAFMAN, thanks for the update. I am a collector that doesn't have a car and has to walk or ride a bus to each store so you saved me a real lot of time!

SWAFMAN
04-22-2002, 06:13 PM
BoShek, I have a minivan and live only a few miles away from PSU University Park. If you ever want to plan a SWag crawl, lemme know (probably be more stuff on the shelves closer to the movie opening), and I'd be glad to pick you up and hit the local haunts. I can usually hit all 5-6 stores in a couple hours, provided K-Mart doesn't have half the entire store shelves covered with disorganized toys. ;)

SWAFMAN
04-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Benner Pike Wal Mart has too many EP2 items to list! Figures, Slave1 & other ships, even puzzles! Unfortunately, no Action Feet :(

SWAFMAN
04-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Target - State College
Lots of EP2 stuff, too numerous to list. NO ACTION FLEET EXCLUSIVES :(

BoShek
04-25-2002, 11:01 PM
Thanks SWAFMAN but I am going to graduate in a few weeks!

SWAFMAN
04-26-2002, 05:44 PM
best of luck to you in your career (or grad school) BoShek! what's your major?

Added at 11:57 PM 4/26: If anyone cares, I hid a baby Boba Fett w/jet pack figure behind two other figures on the center peg at the far left end of the big EP2 figure display at the North Atherton Wal Mart in State College. I don't collect figures, but this one seemed to be cool, so it's there if anyone wants it.

Sith Lord 0498
04-26-2002, 08:03 PM
I was at the KB Toys in the Lehigh Valley Mall on Friday afternoon, and they had about five or six each of Luminara Unduli, Royal Guard, and Taun We for $7.99. Also, Toys 'r Us across the street had one Hangar Duel Anakin left.

subMERGE
04-28-2002, 06:36 PM
The TRU in Altoona has tons of HD Anakins, Dookus, Zams, Clone Troopers, and Genosian Warriors. This was a few days a go. I haven't been able to get online, but anyway TRU was flooded with these. BTW- Has anyone seen Luminara in Altoona or SC, b/c this is the only one I haven't found yet?

SWAFMAN
04-28-2002, 08:48 PM
subMERGE, I will try to keep an eye open for that one & post here if I see it.

subMERGE
04-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks

subMERGE
05-02-2002, 06:18 PM
Altoona KB had nothing but the first 14 + the jar jar wave. I am going to Altoona for a sweep this weekend. I'll post Sunday night.

subMERGE
05-05-2002, 07:44 AM
The KB in State College had the Eeth Koth wave and FX-7 Wave. They also had the first 14+ jar jar wave +zam and clonetrooper. Suncoast had the same Episode 2 figures as KB.
Walmart (by Target) in State College had the same as KB and Suncoast.
The Walmart in Altoona had nothing new. They sold out of Count Dooku and Yoda. TRU in Altoona also sold out of Dooku and Yoda also. Family Toy Warehouse had the first 14+Jar Jar wave. I still haven't found Lumimara ( which I really want), but I did find Taun We at the KB in the Logan Valley Mall.
I plan on goin out today, so I'll post my finds tonight. BTW- If anyone sees Luminara in State College or Altoona, tell me. I'm starting to get the urge to buy it off the computer.

subMERGE
05-06-2002, 05:36 AM
The KB in the Altoona Mall had 5-6 each of Luminara, Taun We, and Royal Guard as of yesterday (5/5).

brentfett
05-08-2002, 02:12 PM
A new area has been created for PA Star Wars collectors! Check it out!

It can be found in:

Forums/Toy Collecting/Collector's Clubs/PA SSG'ers