PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 92

JediTricks
06-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 2 {two} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on July 22nd. Keep in mind that your votes in round 91 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to suggest new questions, but please keep in mind that due to the now extra-limited nature of the program, we cannot use every suggestion.

Current questions (vote for up to 2):

- Force FX has entered a new phase with the removable blade series, and so far we've seen the first couple waves. Thanks to Clone Wars, female characters are back on the rise in Star Wars and bringing in more female collectors - Ahsoka especially has been selling very well. What does the future of Force FX look like? What are the chances of Ahsoka's lightsaber being added to the Force FX line, better opening that market up to female consumers and getting Clone Wars main character recognizability?
- You have this nice new Qui-Gon Jinn figure that came out in the Jedi Evolution set, and has been re-released in the nifty Eopie mail-away set, yet both times the figure has been marred by including the blobby 1999 lightsaber accessory. Luke Jedi keeps coming out with either repaints of the ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsabers (which has different details), or worse, the blobby Obi-Wan POTJ saber from 2000. Both the '99 Qui-Gon and '00 Obi-Wan as Luke Jedi sabers also have the old smooth blade design without the flare on top of their soft hilt sculpting, and both Qui-Gon and Luke Jedi actually had better saber accessories designed during the Saga line, yet we never get them. And what about one of the most iconic lightsabers in recent SW memory, Darth Maul? There is no modern-quality version at all, the closest is the '02 Saga metal hilt with removable blades, but the blades break easily, so we haven't seen it in a while, and it's a bit long. We don't have a deactivated one to hang on a belt, don't have a 1-blade-activated version, don't have a "cut in half" version, Maul is pretty lacking for his weapon. Why are we getting old junky saber accessories with the modern versions of these guys? Why aren't we seeing better, more accurate lightsaber accessories for some of these fairly major, recognizable Jedi characters? And will these issues be addressed soon?
- Vader's TIE Advanced X1 has been using the same POTF2 mold for over 13 years now, and the design is showing its age. The cockpit hatch is all wrong, the window is too small, the implementation of action gimmicks hurts the movie-accuracy and just aren't that fun, the cockpit isn't terribly accurate or sized that well to modern Vader figures, and the color is the blue-gray color of ESB and ROTJ rather than the proper gray color of ANH - the only film it was in. This is Vader's signature vehicle, it should at least live up to the quality of the other vehicles in the line, much less represent one of the brand's top characters - especially since the Hasbro SW team's vehicle designs have been so good lately too. What are the chances of seeing something done to address those issues on Vader's TIE Advanced X1 in the foreseeable future?
- A few years ago, we asked about the chance for updating the role-play Han Solo Blaster and Stormtrooper Blaster accessories, and your response was a not at that time because they weren't supported by then-current entertainment. The existing role-play Stormtrooper and Han blasters are molds from the late '70s, now technically 5 decades old. While they do have some pretty decent design for items from that era, compared to Hasbro's newer role-play blasters, they come up a bit lacking in accuracy and features. We don't expect all-black movie accuracy due to safety concerns, but on those 2, the seams are a bit uncomfortable to hold, the lights and sounds don't deliver all that effectively and don't rapid-fire nicely; and on the Stormtrooper blaster, the stock is still missing in action, and there's never been a clip. With ANH being re-released next year on Blu-Ray, and in theaters in a few years, it seems like there are going to be opportunities to deliver updated versions of those 2 iconic blasters in the role-play lineup, so is there any chance of seeing that happen?
- Sgt. Bric's initial cartoon outing turned out to be kind of a bust. The character was an unmemorable jerk and didn't really add anything to his storyline. In fact, if not for the action figure you guys did, he'd be a complete nobody in 2010. And on top of that, the postage on his set when it arrived in Los Angeles was a whopping $5.15, so after the cost of the box and the handling, just getting it out the door probably ate the entire $6.99 right there. Combine that with the fancy packaging and the battle mat, and the fact that he's 100% new tooling with some pricey-looking (for CW) paint, and it seems like Bric's quite an expensive promotional venture for Hasbro to have undertaken... all for a minor jerk of a character. What is it about Bric that made you choose him for a big Clone Wars mail-away promo figure?
- The new R5-D4 figure does not have the painted red panels on his back. That might sound like a minor issue, but the panels are clearly visible in the film when the droid's motivator blows up, and they help give the little guy a bit more visual pop. Neither the 1996 nor the 2006 versions of R5-D4 had these painted either, so it's disappointing to see that the third time is not the charm (though it remains a detail that the original vintage figure got right). Given the number of running changes we've seen so far in The Vintage Collection, is it at all possible that this oversight might be changed on future shipments?
- The Force FX lightsabers are targeted at adult collectibles, for a group who generally desire accuracy in their prop collectibles, and yet the latest ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsaber with removable blade suffers a big inaccuracy due to the blade needing to be securely anchored. However, with your removable-blade designs, you've started using dummy parts to fill in the removed blades, and we wonder if you'd consider for future thin-necked lightsabers like Luke ROTJ and Obi-Wan having the removable blade take the entire thick "neck" with it and having a more accurate thin-necked dummy design replace it. That much weight anchoring has been accomplished before in the thick metal coupler for the Maul saber halves that screwed together, on these thin-neck sabers the neck could screw down to the top part of the grip. That would let collectors have their cake and eat it too by giving an accurate hilt prop display with the thin neck, while still having the light-up blade play using the thick neck. So has there been any consideration for that sort of thing, and might it be seen in future Force FX sabers when needed?
- The plethora of white clones and sandtroopers that have shipped with every wave so far this year are having some problems getting out the doors of major retailers. Also, repainted clones such as Gree and the orange clone trooper do not seem to have the same problem building up on the pegs. A while back you told us that Hasbro bean counters were cracking down on running-change figures, but having different pauldron colors for the sandtrooper in different waves, and repainting the episode 2 (sergeant and officer colors) and episode 3 clones (many different units to choose from) in different color schemes for different waves would have almost definitely helped alleviate the oversupply/under demand problems for these figures. Please don't read this as us asking for more clones and sandtroopers as right now we do think it's overkill, but since recent and future waves still seem to be pushing these stalled figures, do you think the recent issues are enough to give the "no running changes" policy another look for troubled trooper figures?
- The 2009 Count Dooku with Speeder Bike figure featured a fabric cloak with a sculpted plastic clasp, meaning he had the free range of motion provided by the cloak with the accuracy of the clasp. This year though, instead of a plastic clasp, your TVC General Lando Calrissian figure has a thick elastic strap that doesn't really look anything like the fabric braid the character wore in the film; it seems like that is a case where a plastic clasp would have been preferable. The plastic clasp holding closed a fabric cloak solution could also be a possibility on future Darth Vader figures, or movie-based Count Dooku figures, or other figures where appropriate and the material allows it. Will the plastic-clasp-and-fabric approach be taken more in the future? Why wasn't it with TVC General Lando?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating.

JediTricks
06-23-2011, 02:18 PM
By the way, looking at the calendar, this round is due on the 3rd day of Comic-Con, which means I'll have to send it in 3 days early, on July 19th, since every day after I'll be down in San Diego and may not have time to deal with it, and neither will Steve, for the same reason. So, round 92 will be ending a few days early, next month.

LTBasker
06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I think I'll go with #3 and #6.

REALLY hope we get a decent answer for both questions from last round.

DarkJedi5
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
2 and 7. Same as last round.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Oops, I missed out last time. For now, I'll go with 2 and 6.

bigbarada
06-24-2011, 08:27 AM
#3 for now.

El Chuxter
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Would a question about the possibility of online-exclusive figures (like what Mattel does) to address characters who have a snowball's chance in hell at retail, potentially combined with something along the lines of a "one of every figure" club direct from Hasbro--maybe even addressing this possibility across all Hasbro's "boys' lines" that have a lot of adult collectors, be fair game or off-limits? I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to even word it (addressing that it's come up before, but, really, gas is $4 and the distribution has never been wonkier).

mtriv73
06-30-2011, 09:10 AM
New Question: because this dead horse really needs some more beating...

The plethora of white clones and sandtroopers that have shipped with every wave so far this year are having some problems getting out the doors of major retailers. Also, repainted clones such as Gree and the orange clone trooper do not seem to have the same problem building up on the pegs. A while back you told us that your bean counters would not allow you to treat even slight repaints as the same figure for your final figure count for the line, but having different pauldron colors for the sandtrooper in different waves, and repainting the episode 2 (sergeant and officer colors) and episode 3 clones (many different units to choose from) in different color schemes for different waves would have almost definitely helped alleviate the oversupply/under demand problems for these figures. Please don't read this as us asking for more clones and sandtroopers, but do you think the recent issues are enough to give the repaint = new figure policy another look?

JediTricks
07-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I want to apologize for my failure to update this thread the last 2 weeks. I've had a bad case of bronchitis, and it sapped all my mental capacity, so I just didn't think to take care of this thread. Anyway, I'm back now, and I'd really like to get more participation going before its premature ending (I'd also like to get any questions we'd like to ask Hasbro in person for SDCC on the page as well).

Oops, I missed out last time. For now, I'll go with 2 and 6.Wow, first time for everything, huh? I cannot remember the last time you didn't participate in Q&A.

And then I almost accidentally didn't count your votes. :stupid:

Would a question about the possibility of online-exclusive figures (like what Mattel does) to address characters who have a snowball's chance in hell at retail, potentially combined with something along the lines of a "one of every figure" club direct from Hasbro--maybe even addressing this possibility across all Hasbro's "boys' lines" that have a lot of adult collectors, be fair game or off-limits? I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to even word it (addressing that it's come up before, but, really, gas is $4 and the distribution has never been wonkier).It wouldn't happen, because LFL's licensing contract with Hasbro supposedly forbids it. So where Transformers and GI Joe could do it, Star Wars and Marvel would have to go through different hoops to get it done (I don't know the details of the Marvel contract, just using it as a blanket licensee that I've not seen a Hasbro-exclusive series done the way Mattel does with their licenses). I wholeheartedly agree with you though, especially after the debacle of HTS carrying Wave 7 only as a solid case, saying essentially that even they know they can't get rid of SW figures anymore.

New Question: because this dead horse really needs some more beating...

The plethora of white clones and sandtroopers that have shipped with every wave so far this year are having some problems getting out the doors of major retailers. Also, repainted clones such as Gree and the orange clone trooper do not seem to have the same problem building up on the pegs. A while back you told us that your bean counters would not allow you to treat even slight repaints as the same figure for your final figure count for the line, but having different pauldron colors for the sandtrooper in different waves, and repainting the episode 2 (sergeant and officer colors) and episode 3 clones (many different units to choose from) in different color schemes for different waves would have almost definitely helped alleviate the oversupply/under demand problems for these figures. Please don't read this as us asking for more clones and sandtroopers, but do you think the recent issues are enough to give the repaint = new figure policy another look?I believe I know the answer to this, and also I'm seeing Gree and Utapau Clones backing up at TRUs, but since you're asking them to re-examine policy, I'll put it up. I am not 100% sure I understand what you mean in the middle (and it's reiterated at the end), so I changed it some - please LMK if what I put up is off-base.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow, first time for everything, huh? I cannot remember the last time you didn't participate in Q&A.

And then I almost accidentally didn't count your votes. :stupid:
Yeah, it's weird. The lull between sessions and now the bizarre schedule made me put it on the backburner. I should think up some new questions.

mtriv73
07-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Sounds great I'll vote for 8 and. 3

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I can refine these later, but I wanted to post before I forgot . . .

*Has any thought been given to not having the same characters appear in both The Vintage Collection and Saga Legends simultaneously? The line of thinking seems to be that some characters are popular enough to sell figures in both lines, and while that may or may not be true in certain circumstances, the overabundance of Episode III Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Clone Trooper figures in both lines seems to suggest this (with the Clone being the worst offender by far). All three had previously been strong sellers, but it seems that the numbers have simply gotten out of hand and the market will not support quite so many of these characters. No matter what, it seems like one line will cannibalize the other's sales, with one version of the character being better than the other and thus selling better. For instance, will people want to buy the yellowing-helmeted Stormtrooper from The Vintage Collection, or will they opt for the side-by-side cheaper version from Saga Legends? Has the ceiling on certain figures finally been hit?

On the above one, I know we've discussed the Sandtroopers and Clones with them before, but I don't think the specific issue of shipping figures simultaneously across lines has been discussed. I'm not sure if that part is coming through strongly enough, though. And now:

*The 2009 Count Dooku with Speeder Bike figure featured a fabric cape with a sculpted plastic clasp, meaning he had the free range of motion provided by the cape with the accuracy of the clasp. Instead of a plastic clasp, the 2011 General Lando Calrissian figure has an enormous elastic strap that doesn't really look anything like the chain the character wore in the film; clearly this is a case where the plastic clasp would have been preferable. It could also be a possibility on future Darth Vader figures, or movie-based Count Dookus. Will the plastic-and-fabric approach be taken more in the future?

JediTricks
07-11-2011, 05:15 PM
I can refine these later, but I wanted to post before I forgot . . .

*Has any thought been given to not having the same characters appear in both The Vintage Collection and Saga Legends simultaneously? The line of thinking seems to be that some characters are popular enough to sell figures in both lines, and while that may or may not be true in certain circumstances, the overabundance of Episode III Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Clone Trooper figures in both lines seems to suggest this (with the Clone being the worst offender by far). All three had previously been strong sellers, but it seems that the numbers have simply gotten out of hand and the market will not support quite so many of these characters. No matter what, it seems like one line will cannibalize the other's sales, with one version of the character being better than the other and thus selling better. For instance, will people want to buy the yellowing-helmeted Stormtrooper from The Vintage Collection, or will they opt for the side-by-side cheaper version from Saga Legends? Has the ceiling on certain figures finally been hit?

On the above one, I know we've discussed the Sandtroopers and Clones with them before, but I don't think the specific issue of shipping figures simultaneously across lines has been discussed. I'm not sure if that part is coming through strongly enough, though. This has been discussed before actually, they brought it up in another Q&A or an interview, I don't remember which, but at the time they were adamant about not crossing characters over for that very reason. It was a couple years ago though, so obviously they've had time to modify their thinking. That said, before I add this question, I think it needs to address better the different markets issue (saga legends for casual consumers, TVC for diehards), and perhaps the price increase issue. And as you say, we've beaten the Clone issue to death, so I do think that needs to have the focus taken off of it for your question.

And now:

*The 2009 Count Dooku with Speeder Bike figure featured a fabric cape with a sculpted plastic clasp, meaning he had the free range of motion provided by the cape with the accuracy of the clasp. Instead of a plastic clasp, the 2011 General Lando Calrissian figure has an enormous elastic strap that doesn't really look anything like the chain the character wore in the film; clearly this is a case where the plastic clasp would have been preferable. It could also be a possibility on future Darth Vader figures, or movie-based Count Dookus. Will the plastic-and-fabric approach be taken more in the future?The costume on General Lando in the movie doesn't use a metal chain, it uses a fabric braid. That elastic strap doesn't do it justice, but on the flip side, that Dooku's cloak is way too big and looks really bad, and the chain is very oversized, yet using it was probably more expensive. Anyway, I'm not sure of my point, I just got some frustrating news about my grandma's hospital visit right now and got sidetracked. But I can see your question is asking about plastic chains on fabric cloaks, we last asked about it thusly...

2008 March 12th
SSG: In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
Hasbro: The thickness of the soft goods chain cannot be reduced any further than it already is due to minimum material strength needs. Sculpted plastic would be the alternative, but it doesn't always work with the soft goods that we choose.

The bottom line answer then was "doesn't always work with the materials we choose", so I would suggest finding more successful recent examples, or changing the focus of the question - I surely would like to know why they chose that big flat piece of ugly elastic for Lando. I may just ask them this in person next week.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2011, 01:59 PM
This has been discussed before actually, they brought it up in another Q&A or an interview, I don't remember which, but at the time they were adamant about not crossing characters over for that very reason. It was a couple years ago though, so obviously they've had time to modify their thinking. That said, before I add this question, I think it needs to address better the different markets issue (saga legends for casual consumers, TVC for diehards), and perhaps the price increase issue. And as you say, we've beaten the Clone issue to death, so I do think that needs to have the focus taken off of it for your question.
Right, I remember them saying they wouldn't cross over, so I wanted to get the story behind this reversal. Frankly, I'm not even really sure what role Saga Legends is supposed to play anymore, with so many main characters and army builders being released in TVC all the time. At this point, both lines are basically following the same pattern, with the same heroes and villains being carried forward in most cases and a rotating mix of army builders and occasionally some background characters. Saga Legends was formerly to supplement the main line and bring in kids and new collectors, but both lines seem to be basically serving the same purpose right now. Perhaps it would be better to ask about it. I'm actually having a hard time coming up with an angle on this one, since it seems to change every few years, but it used to supplement the main line whereas now it takes away from it or repeats from it.

As for the second question, I suppose their answer works to a point. As you said, I would like to know why they used the giant thing on Lando. Even though his chain is fabric in the film (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080217010206/starwars/images/c/cb/Lando6-2.jpg), he still has metal clasps not on the figure, and I feel like plastic would have worked better to convey the shape of the chain. If it wasn't possible, I feel that they could have halved the width of the strap on the figure and it would have looked much better.

Darth Metalmute
07-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll vote for number 5.

JediTricks
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
5 more days until this round gets sent in.

Right, I remember them saying they wouldn't cross over, so I wanted to get the story behind this reversal. Frankly, I'm not even really sure what role Saga Legends is supposed to play anymore, with so many main characters and army builders being released in TVC all the time. At this point, both lines are basically following the same pattern, with the same heroes and villains being carried forward in most cases and a rotating mix of army builders and occasionally some background characters. Saga Legends was formerly to supplement the main line and bring in kids and new collectors, but both lines seem to be basically serving the same purpose right now. Perhaps it would be better to ask about it. I'm actually having a hard time coming up with an angle on this one, since it seems to change every few years, but it used to supplement the main line whereas now it takes away from it or repeats from it.Well, give it another shot and I'll do my best to put it up.

As for the second question, I suppose their answer works to a point. As you said, I would like to know why they used the giant thing on Lando. Even though his chain is fabric in the film (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080217010206/starwars/images/c/cb/Lando6-2.jpg), he still has metal clasps not on the figure, and I feel like plastic would have worked better to convey the shape of the chain. If it wasn't possible, I feel that they could have halved the width of the strap on the figure and it would have looked much better.Alright, I will give it a quick editing (your other question seems like it needs a more substantial one, so I'd rather you gave it a shot, as I'm really running out of steam lately with so much going on and my lungs working at partial capacity) and post it. You can change your vote if you wish, but you currently have both votes used.

JediTricks
07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Man, with only 2 votes allowed causing our standards to have to be raised, EVERY question is one I want to ask. Makes it so difficult to vote. Now that I think about it, I suppose it also makes it very hard to cull questions again, should the need arise.

For now, my votes will be

and

but honestly, I could change my mind so easily.

morpheus282
07-16-2011, 10:57 PM
#3 is the only one on the list right now that really interests me.

JediTricks
07-17-2011, 11:46 AM
More votes folks, only a few days left in this round!

Also, any suggestions for stuff I could ask Hasbro at Comic-Con? If we don't get some solid suggestions, we'll have to pass up the opportunity.

DarkJedi5
07-17-2011, 12:21 PM
More votes folks, only a few days left in this round!

Also, any suggestions for stuff I could ask Hasbro at Comic-Con? If we don't get some solid suggestions, we'll have to pass up the opportunity.

I'm biased of course, because it's my question, but I think #7 would be a good one to ask in person at Comic Con because you could show them where we imagine things connecting and explain or reasoning a little more to prevent any confusion or misunderstanding.

I also wanted to remind you that we had considered asking about whatever happened to the funeral pyre Vader if it isn't shown as one of this year's exclusives.

El Chuxter
07-17-2011, 12:28 PM
JT, I hate to harp on it, but do you think possibly asking about the wonky distribution across all the "boys' lines" the past year might be more appropriate in person than via the Q&A?

El Chuxter
07-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh, and, though I'm having trouble getting really excited about any of the questions this round, I'll go with 3 and 4.

JediTricks
07-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm biased of course, because it's my question, but I think #7 would be a good one to ask in person at Comic Con because you could show them where we imagine things connecting and explain or reasoning a little more to prevent any confusion or misunderstanding.

I also wanted to remind you that we had considered asking about whatever happened to the funeral pyre Vader if it isn't shown as one of this year's exclusives.My only concern with asking questions currently on the list is we have almost no questions left as it is, but I'll consider using question 7 if I get the opportunity.

Thanks for the reminder on Funeral Pyre Vader. They were shopping it, so we were waiting to hear.

JT, I hate to harp on it, but do you think possibly asking about the wonky distribution across all the "boys' lines" the past year might be more appropriate in person than via the Q&A?Marvel's had great distribution. :rolleyes: But I hear ya. Can you give me any focus points to ask more specifically of the SW team? Distribution is definitely a huge problem for TF, GI Joe, and SW, so we're wondering if it's systemic or just a trio of bad timing.

I also wanted to ask about the increased pricing being a source of trouble for the line.

Oh, and I guess a question about the Starfighter Vehicle asst going down in flames this year, assuming it's not addressed at the panel.

Good, now we're on our way. More would be great.

El Chuxter
07-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe pointing out that an awful lot of stores have gotten nothing since last fall's AOTC wave, and I can't think of a single store I've been to that's not swamped with 4-LOMs and Dengars.

If you're asking about the price increase, it might be a good idea to incorporate the whole "what the hell is the logic of selling the same character in 'Legends' [or whatever it's called this week] and Vintage, with a $2 price difference?"

And, on a related note, maybe point out that for some collectors (not all, I know, but I'm not entirely alone on this), the $9-$11 price point has crossed a "make or break" point, making people far more selective and less likely to buy resculpts aside from the most sorely needed ones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2011, 01:59 PM
The points I brought up about Saga Legends might be better suited for an in-person conversation than a question here, given that there are multiple angles to go over and I'd like to hear about them all. The points being: a reversal on not having the same characters in both SL and the main line; the so-called "ceiling" on certain figures, like Anakin and Obi-Wan, finally being hit; what SL's current purpose is when TVC also has a mix of main characters and army builders with occasional background characters, and how that compares to its purpose in the past, which was always to supplement the other lines and ensure that certain characters were always around, which is what TVC is now doing.

I also wonder if asking about constantly selling a plain white ROTS clone would be good for an in-person conversation as well. They've never really addressed that there are only two plain white clones in the entire film.

Oh, and another one; this one can be either here or at the con:
*While the ARC Trooper Commander (aka Captain Fordo) figure and most of his accessories are sculpted in a very realistic style that fits with the rest of the realistic-styled figures from the Clone Wars micro-series, the Phase II helmet is sculpted in a very stylized manner that skews quite closely to the simple, angular designs of the cartoon. It seems that Tartakovsky and co. had meant for Fordo's Phase II helmet to be similar to that of Commander Neyo, simply adapted to their style of animation. Why was such a stylized approach taken for the sculpting of the helmet, when nothing of this manner has been done on previous realistic micro-series figures? Will we see a more realistic, Neyo-style helmet included with a re-release of the figure?

For reference, here is the figure (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2011/Review_CaptainFordoTVC/images/Review_CaptainFordoTVC09.jpg), here is Fordo in the micro-series (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090818211761/starwars/images/7/74/Fordoblaster.JPG), and here is Commander Neyo (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070928145361/starwars/images/3/35/Neyo.jpg).

bigbarada
07-19-2011, 09:19 AM
New question:
Prototypes for TVC wave 8 (including Kithaba, Nom Anor, Aayla Secura and Dr. Evazan) were shown at Toy Fair 2011 and we were initially given a release date somewhere between June and August 2011. However, July is nearly over and wave 7 (Bespin Han, RFT, Bom Vimdin, etc.) is just starting to hit stores in considerable numbers. Now online retailers are giving case breakdowns of wave 8 and 9 and both waves are taken up almost entirely by the Revenge of the Jedi subline with no word on the status of the original wave 8 assortment. Considering how, from a collector standpoint, TVC has been struggling just to survive at retail, with new figures being so difficult to find that many collectors are just throwing in the towel; it's difficult to understand the logic behind clogging the pegs with two more waves of figures that consist almost entirely of repacks. So, what was the thinking behind the decision to postpone several highly requested figures to make space for a repack-subline that, quite frankly, NOBODY was asking for?

El Chuxter
07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
If BigB's question is added, I'll change my vote from 4 to that one.

I'd change both my votes to that one if I could. :D

JediTricks
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm not adding it only because I am 100% sure they will address it at Comic-Con this week, and if they don't, then I'll simply ask it in person if I can.

This is the last few hours to vote in this round.

JediTricks
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
And, the curse of the "last day to vote!" post continues as round 92 voting goes down in flames.

Thanks to everybody who participated.

So, here's what we're sending in for this round, despite the previous round's answers not yet coming back:

Vader's TIE Advanced X1 has been using the same POTF2 mold for over 13 years now, and the design is showing its age. The cockpit hatch is all wrong, the window is too small, the implementation of action gimmicks hurts the movie-accuracy and just aren't that fun, the cockpit isn't terribly accurate or sized that well to modern Vader figures, and the color is the blue-gray color of ESB and ROTJ rather than the proper gray color of ANH - the only film it was in. This is Vader's signature vehicle, it should at least live up to the quality of the other vehicles in the line, much less represent one of the brand's top characters - especially since the Hasbro SW team's vehicle designs have been so good lately too. What are the chances of seeing something done to address those issues on Vader's TIE Advanced X1 in the foreseeable future?
You have this nice new Qui-Gon Jinn figure that came out in the Jedi Evolution set, and has been re-released in the nifty Eopie mail-away set, yet both times the figure has been marred by including the blobby 1999 lightsaber accessory. Luke Jedi keeps coming out with either repaints of the ROTS Obi-Wan's lightsabers (which has different details), or worse, the blobby Obi-Wan POTJ saber from 2000. Both the '99 Qui-Gon and '00 Obi-Wan as Luke Jedi sabers also have the old smooth blade design without the flare on top of their soft hilt sculpting, and both Qui-Gon and Luke Jedi actually had better saber accessories designed during the Saga line, yet we never get them. And what about one of the most iconic lightsabers in recent SW memory, Darth Maul? There is no modern-quality version at all, the closest is the '02 Saga metal hilt with removable blades, but the blades break easily, so we haven't seen it in a while, and it's a bit long. We don't have a deactivated one to hang on a belt, don't have a 1-blade-activated version, don't have a "cut in half" version, Maul is pretty lacking for his weapon. Why are we getting old junky saber accessories with the modern versions of these guys? Why aren't we seeing better, more accurate lightsaber accessories for some of these fairly major, recognizable Jedi characters? And will these issues be addressed soon?

Look for a new round of voting soon.