PDA

View Full Version : TV shows you'd like to see on DVD

SithDroid
03-05-2002, 01:47 AM
I thought this would be a great topic seeing as were getting all these new boxed sets coming up like Friends season one, Star Trek: TNG season 1 and 2, Transformers season one, Simpsons season two (and one which is out already), The Sporanos season one and two (which are out already), Oz season one, etc... Which boxed sets for what TV show would you like to see? Mine are as follows.

South Park including all the extras that appeared outside of the TV show like the original christmas card that started it all, the Jay Leno special, etc... Buying them with only 3 episodes per disc just doesn't cut it for me.

Seinfeld. It is long overdue. This would be a hot seller. Season one is hardly shown anymore because it was so raw and the characters weren't fully developed yet, which is just one more reason to put it out so us Seinfeld fans can enjoy them.

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. There weren't that many of them so this could be done easily. Besides Lucas never released all of the Episodes on VHS, so this would make up for it.

Tenacious D. They only had one season so this couldn't be too hard to put out. Plus they have a huge fan base now.

That 70's Show. I love this show and would gladly buy a season boxed set for this series. However I have little hope because I don't think there is a huge fan base for this show on DVD.

Star Trek Original series. I know that they have been releasing them already, but only two episodes a disc. What a rip off. They should do what they are doing with TNG series by putting them on 6 or 7 disks and release them as a boxed set. Plus there were only three seasons, so how hard could this be.

Farscape. An entire season like the ST:TNG boxed set. None of this two or three episoeds per DVD thing we've seen.

Batman the animated series. I know that 5 episodes are coming up, but I want the whole season.

Superman animated series.

Justice League animated series (after a few seasons).

Spiderman animated series.

A classic Looney Tunes boxed set that includes all the Classic cartoons. The discs could be divided up by seasons (if they indeed release them in seasons) or have a disk with cartoons by a certain character such as a Bugs Bunny disk, Daffy Duck disc, Porky Pig disk, Roadrunner disk, etc....

Tiny Toons. Same as the classic Looney Tunes line.

Thundercats.

Silverhawks.

Thundar the Barbarian.

Scooby Doo. With the new movie hitting and the huge popularity Scooby Doo has attained lately, these sets would sell like crazy.

The old late 1970's early 1980's superhero series featuring the Hulk, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantasic Four etc.. I have fond memories of these and would love to see them on DVD.

G.I.Joe. We are already seeing a season of Transformers coming up so hopefully G.I.Joe can't be too far behind.

Classic TV series

The Brady Bunch. Five seasons. If the rights could get figured out I'd like to see the special TV made movies and spinoffs all put onto a special extra disc.

Gilligans Island. Three seasons. Same as the Brady Bunch rights. Different networks owned the different specials which is why the rights would be tricky.

The Munsters. Can't remember how many seasons, but I love this show and enjoy watching it whenever I can. Also a special disc including the made for TV movies would be great.

The Addams Family. Same as the Munsters.

MacGuyver. Not really a true classic, but a great series.

Nightrider.

Happy Days.

Mork and Mindy. This would be a great seller seeing how popular Robin Williams is.

I'll stop for nuw. What TV series would you like to see on DVD?

Beast
03-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I thought this would be a great topic seeing as were getting all these new boxed sets coming up like Friends season one, Star Trek: TNG season 1 and 2, Transformers season one, Simpsons season two (and one which is out already), The Sporanos season one and two (which are out already), Oz season one, etc... Which boxed sets for what TV show would you like to see? Mine are as follows.
Don't forget about "All in the Family" that comes out March 26th, that's one of my favorite shows. :D I also would love season box sets of "Married with Children", "Babylon 5", "Sliders", "The Family Guy", "The Critic" and of course, though it would be impossible, "Mystery Science Theater 3000". Oh there are just so many to choose, I can't name them all.

Oh, and about Farscape. They have to release it that way. They explained it recently, that not everyone can afford box sets, and the fact that there is a large ammount of people that never have seen the show. By releasing them in 2 episode discs, there is a higher chance that someone unfamiliar with the show will pick up a copy. They normally wouldn't just pick up a 100.00 box set to see if they like the show. But some good news for you about Season 2, they will be released 2 discs at a time now, in a slipcase. Season 2 will start hitting stores in May. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-05-2002, 03:05 AM
I want:

Quantum Leap
M*A*S*H (season 1 has been released as has the movie, but I want more. :))
The Drew Carey Show
Whose line is it anyway?
And several more which I can't remember right now. :D

Beast
03-05-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I want: M*A*S*H (season 1 has been released as has the movie, but I want more. :))
Season 2 of M*A*S*H comes out in May. God that is gonna be such an expensive month, both DVD wise as well as movie wise, really only cause I saw E1 10 times opening week, so I am gonna do it again for E2. :D Not to mention 12 more Star Wars figures around May 16th. :eek:

DVD:
M*A*S*H (Season 2)
Duel
Dune (TV Mini-Series Special Edition)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Canadian)
Legend
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Season 2)

Movies:
Spider-Man
Star Wars: Episode II (Gotta see it 10 times opening week)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Starfig873
03-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Well:

(More) MST3K - the videos are getting all the fun, I wants more DVD.
and Project GeeKeR - I currently have a petition set up for this one.. :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-05-2002, 09:09 AM
The problem with MST3k (the DVD AND the videos) are the licensing rights to the films. They had to buy the rights to use the film once on the show, but they can only produce videos of the films that have no licensing or the fee is so small that it's negligible for Rhino. Remember when they did all those Godzilla movies in season 2 or 3? There's no way Toho is going to give Rhino/MST3K the video licensing rights to all those movies. So a good portion of the shows will never get to video. That's why they put out the "Short" collections. The rights to those short films don't cost anything, where the film episode the short originally apeared on does.

They've already announced Mr. Show for June or July and I got Monty Python along time ago. Those two were the highest on my wish list.

I'd like to see the funnier skit comedies, like In Living Color, The Ben Stiller Show, and The Edge get DVD treatment.

And Herman's Head. I loved that show.

James Boba Fettfield
03-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I want to see these shows:
Cheers
Tales From The Crypt
King of the Hill
Beavis and Butt-Head
I'm sure there's some I am leaving out but I can't think of anymore right now.

Dar' Argol
03-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid

G.I.Joe. We are already seeing a season of Transformers coming up so hopefully G.I.Joe can't be too far behind.

There will be a new series of G.I.Joe coming in conjunction with the release of the new 3 3/4" figures. I know they are out already so the show should not be long behind. And some the the Joe's 2-packs are now being shipped with an old episode of G.I.Joe. Also the new He-Man figures from The Four Horsemen(they use to work for McFarlen Toys) have been delayed right know so they can release them the same time as the NEW SHOW! so there's the 411.

As far as TV shows on DVD. . . .
I would like to see 24 made into a box set. I am hooked on that show. And also the 1st and 2nd season of Titus. That would be good for some lazy Sunday afternoon laughs!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-05-2002, 12:00 PM
TWIN PEAKS!!

Yeah, they finally put it out! Can't wait until it goes on sale though. I hope they put out the second season soon.

I also hope they put out 24 when the show ends. Best show EVER on TV.:D :D

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 12:03 PM
I would really like to see The Wonder Years on DVD. I would also like Friends, not just particular episode, like they do now. Complete seasons. Seinfeld would be cool too.

jeddah
03-05-2002, 01:34 PM
American Gothic - with the cut episodes too :cry:

Allie Fox
03-05-2002, 01:53 PM
I'd like to see the single season of Freaks and Geeks put out on DVD.

Pendo
03-05-2002, 06:14 PM
I want to see all 8 series of Red Dwarf on DVD, and the "Smeg Up" and "Smeg Outs" too, but it probably won't happen until after the movie is released later this year.

PENDO!

Dar' Argol
03-05-2002, 06:54 PM
Another I'd like to see was the old V series! I loved it and the only one I can find is the first few episodes on DVD:(

I remember seeing that series as a kid and freaking out when they ate the mouse. Plus when they tore off the Visitors faces, that just creeped me out!:dead:

What! I was like 3 years old, . . . .maybe 5. . . . ok, I think I was 8 . . . heck, I don't remember anymore!!!! :confused:

Dar' Argol
03-05-2002, 07:07 PM
OOOHHHHH!!!!! I really wish I would remember all these at once!! Forgot about Dark Angel with Jennifer Alba . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Huh? oh sorry. :p

Beast
03-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Another I'd like to see was the old V series! I loved it and the only one I can find is the first few episodes on DVD:( I remember seeing that series as a kid and freaking out when they ate the mouse. Plus when they tore off the Visitors faces, that just creeped me out!:dead: What! I was like 3 years old, . . . .maybe 5. . . . ok, I think I was 8 . . . heck, I don't remember anymore!!!! :confused:
Well, the first miniseries is out right now, later this year WB is releasing the second miniseries, "V: The Final Battle". And then I bet we will see the complete series boxset on DVD soon after, as well. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
03-05-2002, 08:53 PM
I forgot about some

Home Improvement
Drew Carrey Show
Whose Line is it anyway?
Mr. Show
The Ben Stiller Show
MST3K
Smallville (eventually)

master jedi
03-05-2002, 11:01 PM
I really want to see MST3K (Manos, the hands of Fate episode) and Red Dwarf on DVD.

SWAFMAN
03-05-2002, 11:23 PM
I'd like to see the new (the late 1980s?) Twilight Zone series released on DVD.

Beast
03-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I really want to see MST3K (Manos, the hands of Fate episode) and Red Dwarf on DVD.
Hey Master Jedi, you may wanna check with your local DVD store, that episode of MST3k came out on the 20th of November, last year. :D

And The Digital Bits said a few weeks ago to expect the first 2 seasons of Red Dwarf out this fall. I think the latest I heard was actually August/September. With future volumes to follow.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Dennis Miller Live - Loooooooooooong overdue, the show began in 1994 and no DVDs yet? Patience . . .

Friday the 13th The Series. I thought it was great (usually). I don't even know who would have the rights to it, but a DVD release to replace my copies from Sci-Fi network would be GREATLY appreciated. :D

And I second the suggestions of Seinfeld. :)

Pendo
03-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And The Digital Bits said a few weeks ago to expect the first 2 seasons of Red Dwarf out this fall. I think the latest I heard was actually August/September. With future volumes to follow.

This fall??? "I'm so excited all six of my nipples are tingleing." :D

PENDO!

Beast
03-06-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Jerry Seinfeld was asked a few months ago at a Q&A if there were any plans to release the shows on DVD. He said that there are no plans to do a DVD release. He also went on to say somthing to the effect of, he doesn't want there to be one. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

snakeplkn
03-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Dennis Miller Live needs to be done, they already have two Chris Rock DVDs. My other suggestion would be Sliders. The first two seasons were great. I really thought Jerry O'Connell was going to become a megastar ... instead he does Tomcats, what happened Jerry?

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

2-1B
03-07-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
I really thought Jerry O'Connell was going to become a megastar ... instead he does Tomcats, what happened Jerry?

Scream 2 happened in '97 :D :D :D ;)

Mike Troxell
03-07-2002, 10:28 AM
TV Shows on DVD...Well, they're working on finishing up Twin Peaks, The X-Files, and The Simpsons...so I'll have to go with King of the Hill, Futurama, 24, Freaks and Geeks, and possibly Malcolm in the Middle.

2-1B
03-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Jerry Seinfeld was asked a few months ago at a Q&A if there were any plans to release the shows on DVD. He said that there are no plans to do a DVD release. He also went on to say somthing to the effect of, he doesn't want there to be one. :(

How foolish! Why? His show has gained syndicative Nirvana, so he has to be the negative one? Maybe he should ask HBO to issue a recall on those I'm Telling You for the Last Time DVDs :rolleyes:

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 08:56 PM
I don't know why he is being so ignorant and stuck up. It's not like he made the show. Kramer, Elaine, and George were the characters that MADE the show. It seems like he has some self esteem issues. Giving Jerry Seinfeld the excluvie YES or NO for it to be on DVD is plain stupid. I swear some of these people get big heads when they become famous, I just can't understand it.

Mike Troxell
03-07-2002, 09:00 PM
Jerry also wrote much of the material and created those characters that made the show. While I don't agree with his DVD decision, I feel he has more more to do with the show's success then you give him.

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Granted, but it takes great actors to pull it off. If Kramer, Elaine, and George had been played by actors that couldn't deliver, would it have been as successful? NO. I like Seinfeld and I don't have a problem with him, all I'm saying is that sometimes stars get big heads and big egos and forget what it is like to be an average person. If Seinfeld was not famous and wanted to see something on DVD and the creator was saying that they wouldn't release it, would he have the right to be mad about? Absolutely. The same is evident with the McFarlane Terminator figure. Arnold Schwartzenegger wouldn't sign off on his likeness, so the action figure looks absolutely horrible because it looks nothing like him. Why would Schwartzenegger deny the fans of the series an accurate figure? No reason, only Schwartzenegger being stuck up. That's the problem with the Hollywood business. It changes people. Anyway I'll get off my soapbox now. I could go on for hours about this topic.

2-1B
12-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Dennis Miller Live - Loooooooooooong overdue, the show began in 1994 and no DVDs yet? Patience . . .

Friday the 13th The Series. I thought it was great (usually). I don't even know who would have the rights to it, but a DVD release to replace my copies from Sci-Fi network would be GREATLY appreciated. :D

At least I got one of the 3. :(

El Chuxter
12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Anyone heard anything more about Get a Life? About a year ago, Chris Elliot announced on The Daily Show that it would be out in February.

If so, it's about ten months late and counting.

UKWildcat
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
M.A.S.K - Complete Series (Seaons One and Two) - I've been waiting for this one forever.

Freddy's Nightmares - I don't care how bad it was, I'd still buy it.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Why is there no "Wonder Years" DVD yet?

Ji'dai
12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd like to see the Star Wars DROIDS and EWOKS animated adventures released in their original episodic format. I'd buy the SW Holiday Special too; haven't seen that one since it originally aired and I remember coming home to find it already in progress.

I'd also like to see the short-lived CBS series "Sweating Bullets" on DVD too. Part of the network's crimetime after primetime, this late night show had two detectives solving crimes on some tropical island. Lots of T&A.

kool-aid killer
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I want to see the Muppet Babies cartoon on DVD.

El Chuxter
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I'd love to see that, too, KAK, but I'd "imagine" all the live-action segments would be the biggest rights nightmare to ever exist.

Rogue II
12-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I want to see the Muppet Babies cartoon on DVD.

Man, my daughter watches Mupper Babies on Boomerang sometimes. It is annoying, not as bad as her Care Bears DVD, but still annoying.

For Wonder Years, the music on the show is probably a sticking point.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I'd love to see that, too, KAK, but I'd "imagine" all the live-action segments would be the biggest rights nightmare to ever exist.

Well how did they get the rights to them in the first place? I remember seeing Jabba the Hutt on Muppet Babies. That must've put one of Lucas's kids through college.

kool-aid killer
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
I liked when they would pretend to be fighting with lightsabers, and in reality they would be using flashlights. It was a good cartoon. It would suck if there isnt any way to get at least some episodes on DVD. Im really glad to read that other people enjoy(ed) Muppet Babies also.

DarthQuack
12-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Kidd Video.....please bring it to DVD.

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Well how did they get the rights to them in the first place? I remember seeing Jabba the Hutt on Muppet Babies. That must've put one of Lucas's kids through college.

There were a lot of live-action scenes spliced in, from probably every major studio. Figuring out how to divy up profits from DVD sales would be insanely difficult.

JON9000
12-08-2006, 01:19 PM
You Can't Do that on Television

Dar' Argol
12-13-2006, 04:36 PM
You Can't Do that on Television

Definitely!!! We need some of that.

Actually I just saw last night at Wal-Mart a DVD set I have been wanting for some time. Dungeons and Dragons: The complete cartoon season!!! woot!!