PDA

View Full Version : Toys R US AT-ST Cancelled ?

xboywonder
03-05-2002, 10:16 AM
Cancelled Email (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showarticle.php?threadid=4419&postid=)

Does this mean the stores won't get them either ??

Has anyone heard anything ??

xboywonder
03-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Can any one post the Sku number for the AT-ST if they still have it ...

Thanks

Darkross
03-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by xboywonder
Can any one post the Sku number for the AT-ST if they still have it ...

Thanks

Here is the SKU# 472552 for the AT-ST Exclusive.

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 11:34 AM
I somehow dought that TRU would cancel this exclusive. They're going to make a fortune on it.

jedi master sal
03-05-2002, 02:27 PM
I have been to three different TRU's and all have the same story. here goes.

TRU orders an item.
If the item is unavailable or becomes unavailable they reorder it immediately.
(i've seen the ordering list and believe this to be true)
This keeps happening until the item is finally in stock at there warehouses.
From there it is shipped to the individual stores.

What you need to do is go to a TRU and ask them about when they will receive the AT-ST (use the above mentioned SKN, it's the right one) Then, ask what is the expected delivery date of the item to the warehouse. From there it takes about 3-5 days to get to your local store. (you can find out how many total AT-ST's are shipping to your region (unfortunately not the individual store) My area alone will have 1112 AT-ST's. This is probably the same for most metropolitan areas and less for more rural areas. I expect mine to deliver by the end of this month (unless it gets cancelled again)

This should clear up any questions. If you have more or need a better understanding of what I have posted either PM me or E-mail me, besides posting here.

xboywonder
03-05-2002, 03:05 PM
I checked my TRU and they said that it hasn't reached the warehouse yet but just over 1000 are on order.

Thanks for the help.

SirSteve
03-05-2002, 03:09 PM
The ONLINE store has canceled ORDERS, not the item itself. And retail stores will still be getting them.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Quite correct!

My friend, who ordered his last week has already received his. It's a very nice piece. The box is like a vault and the packaging is great. To answer a couple other questions... the paint detail is spot on... the feet have greenish paint on them to mimic chloropyll staining and the blast spots aren't too heavy or oversprayed. The unit still has its "stomping" mechanism.

evenflow
03-05-2002, 04:39 PM
I got mine, def. nice. I love Paploo. I think that TOysrus.com just ran out of their stock, the storeswill be getting them.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-05-2002, 04:54 PM
I was informed by some fellow local collectors that our TRU was just stocked and already sold out this past weekend. I think it'll be like the TIE/I where a bunch will get grabbed early and plenty will eventually trickle down after all the collectors and/or scalpers get their fill.

Darkross
03-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I was informed by some fellow local collectors that our TRU was just stocked and already sold out this past weekend. I think it'll be like the TIE/I where a bunch will get grabbed early and plenty will eventually trickle down after all the collectors and/or scalpers get their fill.

I agree with you...I remember months after I bought my two Tie Interceptors here in Canada...I went to the US and saw at least 6 of them at a TRU store...in November 2001. So I expect nothing less than seeing these exclusives "trickle down" as you put it after a few months.

mista_carrot
03-07-2002, 02:16 AM
Just picked me up one of these sets. I was surprised I found it at my local TRU since it hardly ever puts out any new SW product. Unfortunately, all 4 that they had were EXTREMELY damaged. The boxes were crushed so badly that that is probably why I was able to find it so easily; collectors and scalpers probably passed them over. I bought the best of the bunch, and if you saw it you'd be surprised that it was the best. I open my SW toys anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal. Has anyone been able to find one of these in mint condition?

BTW, the speeder bike is pretty crappy. Some parts are made of cheaper plastic, and the foot pedals have no "spring" to them. The rear flaps don't stay on too well and fall off easily. I do however like the AT-ST. I have the vintage ESB one but missed the POTF2 version so it was nice being able to get my hands on this one. Paploo is a bit disappointing to me because his headwear is unremoveable and he's made of cheaper plastic.

spacelord
03-07-2002, 09:58 AM
toysrus.com is taking more orders.
Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005S8CK/qid%3D1015513090/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/104-5802928-4108711

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 02:45 PM
out of stock... again!!!:mad: